• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Direct announced for January 9

Pokemon_Direct.jpg

A new year always brings new “When’s the next direct” posts. This morning, Nintendo of America gave us the announcement we were hoping for. The presentation will be purely Pokémon focused. It will last for 20 minutes, making it the longest Pokémon direct to date. Due to how recently Pokémon Sword & Shield released, many aren’t expecting this to be a mainline title. The expectations have instead been placed towards more information on Pokemon Sleep, DLC for Sword & Shield, and a plethora of spinoff guesses. Nevertheless, we’ll see what the future of Pokémon has in store for us this Thursday.

Author’s Note: Are you excited for this Thursday? What do you think it’ll be? I’m thinking a new spin-off, maybe some Pokemon Sleep info, and possibly even Fighter #5. Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

D
Honestly not going to be that interesting. Hopefully we get new info on Pokemon Sword and Shield new Gigantamax forms.

Maybe even the Mythical Pokemon.

Honestly not going to be that interesting. Hopefully we get new info on Pokemon Sword and Shield new Gigantamax forms.

Maybe even the Mythical Pokemon.
I'm just reaaaaally hoping there's not a Smash reveal. Ugh I mean I like Pokémon well enough but I'm just not feeling Rillaboom or Toxitricity or whatever gen 8 promotion they might otherwise be able to inject into Smash.

I hope it's 20 minutes of Tsunekazu Ishihara going "y'know maybe forcing Game Freak to a pump out a mediocre Pokemon game a year is a bad idea so we're gonna stop doing that"

I'm just reaaaaally hoping there's not a Smash reveal. Ugh I mean I like Pokémon well enough but I'm just not feeling Rillaboom or Toxitricity or whatever gen 8 promotion they might otherwise be able to inject into Smash.
Morpeko, I tell you.

Hoping for a Diamond and Pearl Remake announcement, But since Sword and Shield just came out and to give it more breathing room they may push an announcement in another direct later this year for a 2020 Holiday release or Holiday 2021, Also wouldn't mind and actually would love a Let's Go Johto announcement.

Likely going to be about Pokemon Home and Sleep, Possibly Detective Pikachu sequel update or another spinoff.

Little does everyone know Fighter #5 will be revealed here to be a Gen 8 Pokemon.

I'm looking at you Inteleon.

Last edited:
D
Fighter#5 getting revealed there is one thing to be super sketchy about...but I'm leaning for the announcement of the actual Direct DURING the Pokemon Direct.

Top Bottom