• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POE II - The Games Have Begun *Melee Circuit Event 2* April 4th - Evansville, IN

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Introducing:
POE II: PEEF On Earth

I am quite central to just about everyone:
Louisville: 1:40
Saint Louis: 2:40
Nashville: 2:45
Indianapolis: 3
Cincinnati: 3:20
Champaign: 3:30
Purdue: 3:40
Memphis: 5
Columbus: 5
Chicago: 5:30

My location even brings locations like Memphis, Northern MS, GA and AL, along with NW Arkansas into play within 5 hours. If you know some more southern smashers, let them know about this tournament!

BE ON LOCATION AT 10:30! I don't want to start without people but dammit...DON'T BE LATE! If you will be call me.

OK, this will be my second tournament hosting. It will be the second Midwest Melee Circuit Event. Lets get it onn.

Tentative Schedule:
Noon Friday: Begin Arrival at Venue.

3PM Friday: I get out of school so setup can begin.

9PM/10PM (?) Friday: State v. State Crew Battles (Details to be decided)

11PM-9AM Saturday: Overnight at eBash/my house.

10:30AM: EVERYONE ARRIVES AT VENUE AND BEGINS REGISTRATION

12AM: 2v2 pools begin.

Noon-Midnight Saturday: Yeah right.

Midnight-2AM Saturday: Tournament ends.

2AM-8AM Sunday: Another overnight at eBash/my house.

10AM Sunday: Depart from the venue.

VENUE:
619 N. Burkhardt Rd. Evansville IN, 47711
This event will be located at an awesome LAN/gaming center (eBash). It is right beside an I-HOP and Jimmy Johns, and many other foods are nearby. I am good friends with the owners and employees, so I have been able to secure this place for the entirety of Saturday. The owner has secured 22 CRT TV's (2 27") , but bring your own as you usually would. The real issue will be a big shortage of Cubes/Wiis, so you need to be bringing those for sure. There is good wifi internet you can use. We have a sweet raised stage designed for tournament finals. The place is great. I have also set up advertisement on their website with a "Professional Melee Tournament 1v1's and 2v2's" banner and place on their calendar of events, so hopefully we will get some locals and other out-of-towners connected to eBash to come.

**Bring your recording equipment! I will have my laptop for dual-mic commentary from [hopefully] Sliq + Drephen and whoever else wants to have their voice heard. If someone wants to record you, they will. I presume most matches later in the brackets will be recorded, commentated, and uploaded, something similar to SMYM9.

Friday night and Saturday:
The venue fee will be 8 dollars, and will include access to all of their smash-related equipment, AND will include an overnight at the center Friday night. Bring your sleeping bags and pillows, because I assume most of you will be pulling an all-nighter there. I will be hosting a smashfest at my house the night before, maybe. I might just have everyone stay at the venue. SORRY, NO DRINKING, DRUGGING OR SMOKING (WEED) AT MY HOUSE OR THE VENUE. Don't even bring it.
$ State v. State Crew battles will be happening at 9PM Friday Night

Saturday night:
Here is how Saturday night will work. I might house people. I might just stay at the venue. I just talked with the owner of the venue, and here is his offer for those who wish to stay there Saturday night. For 10 dollars more, you will be allowed to stay overnight again, and you will not only have access to the smash equipment, but you will be able to play on any of the other systems. This includes the 50 or so Xboxes, 20 or so top-of-the-line gaming PC's, tapping in to their super-fast wired internet, and whatever else you would want to do. There is no need to look for a hotel or anything. The venue has you covered.

TO-ness:
Viperboy, BunBun, and Zjiin will be helping me TO. If we have more than 100 entrants, Kso will also be helping. We will be designated somehow.

Everyone will get their own nametag when they arrive. This way you can run into those random ppl on the forums and avoid awkward situations like the one I was in..."Um...are you...Cosmo??" Haha.

Rules: (Copy-pasted from the circuit page.)
- First round pools are seeded primarily by circuit points.
- Items: Off
- 4 stock, 8-minute timer
- Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
- Advanced Slob Picks (after each game of a set):
1. Loser picks stage or can randomly select a stage
2. Winner picks character
3. Loser picks character
-Double-blind picks may be called at any time.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
- Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-Team Attack: On
-Life-Stealing: Allowed
-Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Wobbling is banned

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams*
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Mute City*
Poke Floats
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom II

* Singles only.

I will not be changing the rules at all.

Entry Fees::
$15 Singles
$10 Doubles

Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

20% will go to the Finals as per usual.

How To Pay:
You will pay your venue fee ($8) to the eBash counter when you walk in, be it Friday, or Saturday 10:30 ON TIME. You will be given a nametag. (Remember, that fee comes with a free overnight Friday...)
You will pay your actual entry fee to me or another TO whenever you want to register, and with people overnighting at the venue, I see no reason not to begin that Friday Night.
If you plan on staying Saturday night, pay your $10 to the eBash counter.
Basically, what I am saying is that venue fees will go straight to the venue, while Entry fees will go to us.

THE WINNER WILL TAKE HOME THE POE TROPHY UNTIL THE NEXT POE EVENT!
The winner will sign it and take it home until the next POE is held. An heirloom of greatness so to speak. It is pretty sweet, but unrelated to smash. No pics or descriptions until Friday, that will be its debut. Who's gonna win it?

Thanks. Hype the heck out of this and lets show this gaming center what real competitive fighting is. (They doubt smash...tsk tsk.)

AiB Hype? http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5209

SETUP COUNT: (We really need Cubes/Wiis. It would be so sad to have too many TV's. Let me know if you are bringing one.)
**I have a few wiis without melee discs. If melee is all you can bring, bring it.

Me (5)
Zicore (2)
DNL (2)
Champaign (2)
Master WGS
Viperboy
Zjiin
DippnDots
Jekyll
JBrown

Total: 16

Video Recorders:

Zjiin
TDK Samurai

Total: 2

Has one or more open slots in car:
Benton Harbor, MICHIGAN:
Sliq has 4 spots in his car. Michigan, I know you were rideless, but here you are! Take advantage!!!!!!

These fine folks need a ride. Help them out if you can!
Michigan:
The entire state?

Chicago:
Kels
Illboyzeus
CykoFox
Ray Chun aka Chun Li

Attendees posting in this thread:
Kso
IamtheMicrowave
BunBun
Viperboy
Tink
Kels
Zjiin
Darkrain
Matt R
Sliq
Drephen
Lemon
Dekuschrub
DippnDots
tdk Samurai
JBM
Echo
Smeesh
Secks
Zicore (+ Jesse and Joe?)
Jekyll
Sofaking
JoBrown
Juke
Vro
eighteenspikes
MasterWGS
DrewB
Cosmo
Khepri
ihavespaceballs (+The South?)
marth1
Eddie
dmac
Ray Chun
Jiano
Tomacawk (+4)

I don't even know who is giving who rides and all that, so I just looked for posts that said "This person is coming." This isn't an attendance count. Doesn't include unspoken people or any locals. More of a big names list.

(Let me know if you want to be added to any the above lists.)

viperboy_74

Smash Master
im there for sure, its gonna be 222 good

quite a few locals, decent location, very cheap housing and all night smash capabilities?

i can't wait to win this

PEEF!

Smash Hero
im there for sure, its gonna be 222 good

quite a few locals, decent location, very cheap housing and all night smash capabilities?

i can't wait to win this
That's the spirit! You better not get pessimistic and lose.

Dopey

Smash Lord
im going. who good wants to team, ill actually practice for this tourny LOL

and who from MI wants to go?

HYPEEEEE!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
This can be stickied once whatever's the reason for the ?? in the title has been resolved.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i wanna go and ima stop sandbagging cuz this mw embarrasement has to stop...

dont look at revival of melee results mw it will only sadden u

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
****it had this been like a month and a hlaf later i couldve gone.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
fo sho

60 30 10 plx

idk if we gonna do housing... we'll be in touch rich.

sry i was a jerk in the other thread btw lol

PEEF!

Smash Hero
fo sho

60 30 10 plx

idk if we gonna do housing... we'll be in touch rich.

sry i was a jerk in the other thread btw lol
OK, 60-30-10.

And it's fine. I get what I ask for =]

First post updated + more details! (Note the 20 large TV's minimum provided by the venue)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Get your Mid-southern smashers to this tournament! (KY, TN, AK) They are closer than any other MW event will get...

Any side tournament ideas? I'm thinking some State v. State crew battles are in order for Friday Night....interest?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Get your Mid-southern smashers to this tournament! (KY, TN, AK) They are closer than any other MW event will get...

Any side tournament ideas? I'm thinking some State v. State crew battles are in order for Friday Night....interest?
Might I refer you to:
Wow this is really close.
Midsouth will definitely be there.
It'll at least be me/chad/nesn00b, we'll figure out the rest as April gets closer.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
You might be getting a carful of Ohioans to come to this thing.

We're a rather indecisive group, but you've got some hype from us. ^_^
We will take every carful you will throw at us. Ohio representation is needed as always.

dmac

Smash Champion
Just saying, as far as I know, PEEF! doesn't even have permission from eBash to hold this tournament. So before you all waste your time traveling to Evansville make sure he clarifies if he has permission or not.
fiveseconds@ebashforums said:
This is approved to be run on April 4th at our Evansville Store. More will be posted on the site as soon as we get our graphic done. It will be coupled with an extra Lock-in for that month on the 3rd of April.
thanks for taking time out of your day to be completely useless

Top Bottom