• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
For those of you newer spriters, here is a thread started a while back to help learn at least the basics. It could be helpful for the possibly upcoming shop.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Is that on Photoshop? Because I'm using GIMP

Btw, I can tell you like Celebi right? Huh? Huh?
Actually, it's with Paint. I have Photoshop and GIMP, but I don't use them when spriting. I'm not really sure what the control is for GIMP to just enlarge without stretching, I'd recommend just enlarging in Paint and then continue editing in GIMP.

And yes, I like Celebi. Mewtwo is waaaaaaaaaay better though :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just realized, I had a fin on the sprite, but somehow the save must have deleted it >:(

I had a fin just so ya know... dammit!!!

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Doesn't that just add more evidence that Gorebyss should have been the evo of Luvdisc in the first place?

Nice sprite roach.

pokelover980

Smash Ace

Almost done with this sprite, I've been working on it for a few months. All that really needs to be done is finishing up the coloring and making the background transparent. Also, remember, I do all my work in paint except for when I make backgrounds transparent, so this was a pain to do D:

And I dare you to try and list every Pokemon I used.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
GUISE GUISE

i made a spite!

But seriously, this little bugger is beautiful. Darthvader317 wins.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

This has got to be my best fusion I've ever done.... well I've done 3... one that was completely horrible, another one was goredisc/luvbyss, and this beautiful babe.

I dare you to see if you remember the thing that should have never been that I made

(hint: It was my first ever sprite)

Hmmm... I think I might make it again, but this time actually DO IT GOOD!!!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Guys. Please remember about what Spire has said about one-liners.
I do like the sprite, though. Those are still Umbreon's eyes on the sprite right?

Also, will the sprite shop go through?

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Photobucket is also nice in that you can easily find your past creations.

A_man13

Smash Master
Wow, it seems like forever since I've posted in here. Course back then it was the sprite shop and yeah...

@Roacherman: You got the necesities down, but I feel that there needs to be a little more esperon. Even if it's just the tail, making it seem a little less like umbreon would really make the sprite shine like it should.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
@raocherman: Nah, it looks great!

But then again, I'm not the request-maker.

Since you're done, could you do something for me?
Please?

Snorlax+Dusknoir. Snorlax base.

A_man13

Smash Master
Yeah, I agree roachman. I can barey see any flareon in it at all. Keeping parts and recoloring them usually is a better way to go than straight copy paste. But, then again, not many of the eevvees have good patterns to transpose...

@Charmander: Never...press...b...again...!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think it's because of the head? But I like it! Looks cool.

Except for Jolteon's head. I'm sorry, but Jolteon's HG/SS Sprite is definitely the sorriest thing I've ever seen as far as sprites go. It's right up there with Scyther.

-Terywj

Top Bottom