• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Brawl Tournanament $$ - Miami , FL - SINGLES & Doubles RESULTS

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
SINGLES

1: Afro-Thunda ($266.00)
2: Lambchops ($76.00)
3: C.Doc ($38.00)
4: Garban20
5: Bonesaw
5: Rx- ()
7: Chaz
7: Colbol
9: Sonic Ghost
9: Dreamz
9: xYz
9: Equi
13: 8-Bit
13: Jr ()
13: Kenshin
13: Team Leader
17: Metal Dave
17: Roman
17: William
17: FlatSoda
17: Tommy G
17: matt
17: Saki
17: PAIN
25: Rukuu
25: Bryan
25: PMKNG
25: DENIAL ()
25: Funk
25: Jin
25: Angel
25: Berserker
33: Yuniel
33: Alex ()
33: Bob123
33: Disastorm
33: Jonathoan
33: Justin

DOUBLE

1: RxYz ($182.00)
2: IceKidLovesReishu ($52.00)
3: Sue-Die ($26.00)
4: Gentleman's Touch
5: Suger Free
5: Grab Rest
7: I against I
7: Fox Hound
9: Warrick
9: Team Bukkake
9: S-Unit
9: Hot Wheels
13: Vibe-Killers

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Is this date better?

Sorry for the mix up Seibrik. =)

Aloso, if June 1st isnt good. When do you guys think it would work?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
theres another tourney on june 1st...but its so far away from this one (north of tampa) that it shouldn't mess with your attendance really. why the move from may 31st to june 1st though? i think May 31st is better

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'd go if I lived closer.

4 hours is a heck of a drive.

Last tourney was well-run though.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Hey FlatSoda. Im the Marth from the Lucas/Marth 2v2 Dittos =). No there is no Smash at PnT this weekend because of the Tournament going on at Gigz. So the next Tournament is this one thats posted.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I wont be making it to Gigz either =( Seems like its gonna be mad fun, but I have to much stuff going on this weekend. =/

forute

Smash Ace
I'm going to try to come to this. I'll be down in FL at the end of the month.
It's a ~2 hour drive from pt st lucie... that's not THAT bad as long as attendance is good.
If I come I'll bring a Wii

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Hope you can make it. The last two tournaments have had decent attendance, and this tournament we have completely improved our entire tournaments system. So it should be great. =)

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
hehe, yeah dude the Marth was me =) Good games Izzy. Nice MetaKnight =) I got sent to losers and knocked out of losers by Metaknight (2 different players) at the last PnT Tournament. lol Hope you can make it out to this tournaments, it'll be fun =)

nevershootme

Smash Master
well typically most tournaments do doubles first then singles. rules are pretty standard as usual. you may wanna change the topic title a bit to fit the play-n-trade text (change the date into numeric format), as for that brawl bash title, uh... seibrik already took it..

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
lmao yeah I noticed that, I was going by the flyers that P-N-T printed for this lol, but I think changing it on the forums would be a good idea hehe

AfroQT

Smash Master
Rules are fine if you ask me, i'll be there. I love this place. Also HOPEFULLY Icekid will stop bein a baby back ***** and start goin to tourneys again.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Forute... are you going to this tourney or the spring hill one?? which ever one you go to, will be the one I'll be attending... looking forward to play some matches with you.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Yeah cuz he does.
lol, Tell him that Reishu only likes dudes who go to tournaments =P

On a serious note. I was thinking about stealing Seibriks stage rules.

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island(DS)
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise (Temp. ?)

Yes/No?

or just Wait till the next tournament after this one for anymore changes?

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I don't dig the melee stages, especially Brinstar where I've had many times witnessed some sort of glitch where my character falls through the stage when I do a dair near the right side of the stage.

forute

Smash Ace
Up here, this is the format we use for stages:
Neutrals are:
-Battlefield
-FD
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks are:
-Halberd
-Brinstar
-Castle Siege
-Delfino
-Electroplankton
-Frigate Orpheon
-Green Greens
-Jungle Japes
-Luigi's Mansion
-Norfair
-Pirate Ship
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

And Lylat Cruise is sometimes neutral, sometimes counterpick depending on the tournament

As for my opinion on our format, I think that Castle Siege should probably be turned off because of the stage transformation craziness that can happen, Green Greens should be banned because Dedede can grab infinite against the blocks, Jungle Japes is lame, Pirate Ship is Lame, and Pokemon Stadium 2 is fun but it's clearly not a good tournament stage.

I don't necessarily encourage you to use that or anything, I basically only counterpick neutrals and Delfino so I'm not really partial to our stage list or anything. I'm just putting it out there as a possibility

As for your rules, I like 4 or 5 neutrals only, but I think you should allow stage banning as long as counterpick is in effect. Everybody has one stage they don't like playing on or possibly one where their character sucks and it's pretty easy to take advantage of that with counterpick.

If you wanna go for 4 neutrals with a limited counterpick list, I suggest:
Neutrals:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island(DS)
-Smashville

Counterpicks:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino
-Maybe Halberd
-Maybe Luigi's Mansion

Whatever the case, I'm up for anything since like I said I really only counterpick neutrals+delfino ;P

AfroQT

Smash Master
I dont understand why ANYONE would want Japes to be a CP. Am I the only one who finds it impossible to fight a falco and win on Japes?

AfroQT

Smash Master
Neutrals are:
-Battlefield
-FD
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks are:
-Halberd
-Brinstar
-Castle Siege
-Delfino
-Electroplankton
-Frigate Orpheon
-Green Greens
-Jungle Japes
-Luigi's Mansion
-Norfair
-Pirate Ship
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

And Lylat Cruise is sometimes neutral, sometimes counterpick depending on the tournament

As for my opinion on our format, I think that Castle Siege should probably be turned off because of the stage transformation craziness that can happen, Green Greens should be banned because Dedede can grab infinite against the blocks, Jungle Japes is lame, Pirate Ship is Lame, and Pokemon Stadium 2 is fun but it's clearly not a good tournament stage.

I don't necessarily encourage you to use that or anything, I basically only counterpick neutrals and Delfino so I'm not really partial to our stage list or anything. I'm just putting it out there as a possibility

As for your rules, I like 4 or 5 neutrals only, but I think you should allow stage banning as long as counterpick is in effect. Everybody has one stage they don't like playing on or possibly one where their character sucks and it's pretty easy to take advantage of that with counterpick.

Neutrals:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island(DS)
-Smashville

Counterpicks:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino
-Maybe Halberd
-Maybe Luigi's Mansion

Whatever the case, I'm up for anything since like I said I really only counterpick neutrals+delfino ;P
That list seems fine to me, but all those other stages are just ughhhh.
I've never counterpicked to a counterpick lol, im a all neutral player.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Neutrals are:
-Battlefield
-FD
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks are:
-Halberd
-Brinstar
-Castle Siege
-Delfino
-Electroplankton
-Frigate Orpheon
-Green Greens
-Jungle Japes
-Luigi's Mansion
-Norfair
-Pirate Ship
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

Neutrals:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island(DS)
-Smashville

Counterpicks:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino
-Maybe Halberd
-Maybe Luigi's Mansion

Thanks for the input, I really wanna get the stages down to the "most" competetive standards. I'll just leave neautrals for now till a standard is actually developed, hehe.

Also, Banning or no banning considering there are only 5 playable stages?

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, no banning for these amount of stages is what I figured. But I thought Id ask everyone for input, bt im guessing its ok since no one has complained.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Just a FYI. We are having a Grand Opening (Re opening) lol. There will be food drinks games, give aways. You could even Win a WII.

Date: 6/14/08 Open to Close

We are thinking of throwing a Brawl Tourny that day aswell. Junior will keep you posted on the tournament.

BrawlRoolz

Smash Cadet
Matt you played Tommy G's Falco on Jungle Japes one time.

That's not enough to ban it.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
quick question:

The uh, spectator fee thing. I plan on attending, and probably bringing someone along. Is there still a one person allowed with the entry of someone else? or whatever it is.

Also, stock more snacks please. D:
I was dying of sugar last time.

Top Bottom