• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PMS Project M Showdown results (7/21/12 Baltimore, MD)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Characters roughly in order of importance to placement. Help me out with any that I forgot.

Singles:
1. Eli (Snake, Ike, DK) - $120
2. leelue (Sonic, Ganon) - $60
3. chillindude829 (Wolf) - $20
4. Plank (Sheik, Fox) - $10
5. Nintendude1189 (Peach)
5. Vist (Luigi)
7. JCaesar (ROB, Mario, Link)
7. cmart (Bowser, Luigi)
9. Glick (Wario)
9. GuruKid (Pit)
9. CTL (DK)
9. ycz6 (Ike)
13. Thunderhorse (Falco)
13. Count Kaiser (Ness)
13. GimR (Ganon, G&W)
13. Big Wenz (Mario, Fox)
17. CritPro (Pikachu)
17. JSP
17. ThunderKatz (Mario)
17. Fortune (Falcon)
17. Bandit (Zelda)

Bracket: http://challonge.com/pmss7212012 (Sorry it's not tio)

Doubles:
1. Vistendude (Vist + Nintendude1189) - $110
2. [Pending] (Eli + leelue) - $50
3. chillindude829 + Plank - $20
4. Penis Goblins (Guru & Glick)
5. MechaGodzilla (JCaesar + cmart)
5. GimR + Skip
7. Super Effective (ycz6 + CritPro)
7. Ebony & Ivory (Count Kaiser + JSP)
9. **** it, Baylife! (Bandit + Thunderhorse)

Bracket: http://challonge.com/pmsd7212012

Thanks to everyone who entered, and thanks to VGBootcamp for co-hosting this tourney with me and securing a great venue!

Videos will be going up here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/videogamebootcamp
http://www.youtube.com/user/jcaesar007
and I'll put together a playlist of the tourney and money matches after they're all up for easy viewing.
Edit: That playlist.

Quick shoutouts:
Eli - Awesome stuff man, my money was on your to take it all. I'll try to be more of a challenge next time. Gotta whip MD/VA into shape.
leelue - Wish I got to play you in more than just a few friendlies. Next time!
chillindude829 - MD/VA, how you have fallen. Man, you were supposed to hold it down for us! I hope you can help P:M be taken more seriously in this region.
Plank - Really stepping it up lately! Or maybe you were just sober for this tourney haha.
Nintendude1189 - Not bad for picking up the game a week ago. I look forward to some training. Someone like you could beat the bad habits out of me.
Vist - Hey looked who showed up! Good stuff all around. You seem to have some matchup weaknesses though. Maybe you could pick up a new character...?
JCaesar - You suck, lowest placement in forever (now that there's some actual competition springing up). Do better at FC.
cmart - Our team was pretty jank at this tourney, but at least we partially made up for it in singles :p But seriously, we need to practice teams more often.
Glick - Nice Wario man, I learned some things. And good stuff in teams. Thanks for coming down.
GuruKid - Guruuuuuu! Always a blast when you come to visit. Can't wait for the next one, and if you start holding tourneys in NY I'll do my best to make it. See you in a few weeks for FC though!
CTL - Thanks for bumping up our numbers a little haha. You should swing by our apartment more often.
ycz6 - Hope you had a good time in MD for the summer! See you next year (and a few more Xanadus perhaps)?
Thunderhorse - Glad you could make it. Working on weekends + League has had a bit of a strain on our crew, but I'm glad whenever we get a chance to hang.
Count Kaiser - Learn to drive so you can come by more often. We all need some intensive training so we can get better.
9K - See above.
GimR - Thanks again for all of this. I hope this was considered a "success" so we can do it again. Maybe co-Melee/P:M tourneys? This venue rocks and we have entirely too few tourneys in this region.
Big Wenz - Where ya been man? Come by more often.
CritPro - You've got a lot of potential. Just keep racking up experience and you'll level up in no time.
JSP - Sorry I kept forgetting your tag :p
Fortune - Thanks for coming by and bringing your friend!
Bandit - Top tier commentary! Glad you still sometimes make it out to stuff, even though you're "retired."

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also i used fox in 2 of my sets including vs nintendude

youre welcome chris np!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Brett - good stuff hosting this and I'm looking forward to more in the future. Let me know when you want to practice because my scrubby Peach isn't gonna cut it against Melee vets who've been playing the matchup for years and years.

GimR - thanks for all the behind the scenes work you do with the stream and whatnot. It really does make tournaments way more hype for the community.

Vist - we're a beast team and we should try and keep it up, even in Melee!

NY guys - you're all really chill and I enjoyed playing you. I hope you can come down to MD again soon! And maybe next time you'll end up in my bracket;)

Chillin - Good stuff not relying purely on Melee skill like the rest of us lol. Your Wolf is a beast.

Plank - all I gotta say is be very glad that Ice Climbers have not been released yet LOL

cmart - ggs in bracket. Bowser too good

ycz - Nice to meet you and I'm glad we got to play some Melee

Everyone else - ggs and I hope to see you next time.

btw Brett when you upload videos and post results and whatnot can you leave those silly numbers off my screen name? It's not a big deal but I really hate the numbers lol and I'm stuck with them unless I change my smashboards name.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
congrats, seemed like a good tournament
Kinda interested in seeing Chillin's wolf...KINDA

Glick

Smash Lord
lmfaoooo so much diversity
half because of character loyalty which may of caused them to get into smash mods in the first place. (that was me at first I guess, but I think i've evolved as a player since the B+ days) but the other half because a lot of people think their character is amazing. Well, that's the reason I picked up my character anyway.

wario ftw

I mentioned it briefly but a cool idea for wario (though I really think he's fine as a character) would be to let him cancel his bite in the air so he can switch sides in the air like sheik does with her needles. if you think that's too ridiculous for wario-siding (which sucks *** btw) maybe make it so if you press shield during bite he switches sides and cancels it, so you can't just grab the ledge again (discouraging using it off the ledge to kamikaze) he's a little... techless as a character though so it would be cool if you had to b-reverse it or whatever(whatever sheik has to do), and he's not jigglypuff so maybe being able to alternate his aerials in the air during poking would be cool. but again, i think wario is a fantastic character as it is.

I have some interesting thoughts on PM as a whole, and when I have a chance I'd like to spill my brain a bit. I plan on getting back into the game because this weekend has reminded me how fun it is. I just don't have a lot of time because of work/my writing to focus on hobbies. but i want to, because i'd like to see this game flourish a bit more.

Shoutouts-

You guys are all awesome.

J : we had an awesome set in the tournament. I have zero salt and I can't wait to watch the set on youtube and use the footage to improve so I can take you out next time ;) thanks for housing me I really appreciate it. hopefully you throw another tournament when I have money and I'll redeem my rep.

cmart: thanks for driving me everywhere. I wish I could have helped you out with the gas or whatever but i'm mildly broke for a while. thank god there were some alley ways in baltimore otherwise i would have never been able to afford the ticket back. I'm learning a new character because of you. turns out bowser has a lot of bad matchups. I'm wid it >:3

Gimr: sorry I talked about double penetration on the stream. <3 oh and splitting, i'm used to hearing about it at marvel streams so I didn't even think of it. I thought everyone pretty much understood that. I actually didn't know you were aiming for pg-13 until after skip said it. and by the time I realized, i was already knee deep in vulgarity violations. e-sports and stuff, sorry. you can ban me from commentating, though i enjoyed it thoroughly. :) was fun playing you in doubles.

Kaiser: Nice seeing you dude :)

Everyone else because I have to be up in a few hours for work: <3

really nice seeing everyone, I love the game but the best part is the community. I hate the bus ride but i love hanging out. it's nice to get out of the city once in a while, and i never have a great excuse to do it.

tl;dr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7C84g8ia1M

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
yea, i just gotta be in the mood to drive up there in traffic. Effing rushour
How early are you free on Tuesday? I get home from work at 4, so you could come beat traffic and chill at our place for a couple hours. Have you been to our new place?

:phone:

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Hey JCaesar, I used C. Falcon in tournament and my friend ThunderKatz used Mario.

GGs to everyone I played.

What time do you guys start playing on Tuesdays?

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Hey thanks for a great tournament :)

Shoutouts

JCaesar: Thanks so much for housing us NY people, giving us rides, and just being so accommodating. That setup at your place is so awesome for smashfests.

CMart: Thanks to you also for the rides/housing. Your Bowser is really awesome. I'm legitimately fearful of it.

Gurukid, Glick, and Skip: Gotta give a shoutout to the NY Mets! Nah jk, you guys are all really chill. Guru making people rage, Glick and Skip with all the trashtalk. It's a shame Blackanese didn't come along otherwise his trashtalk would've made me 4 stock people :p
And someone show Silven how good Ike is.

Chillindude: Very impressed with your sportsmanship and maturity. It's kinda hard to find that in the smash community. Your Wolf is awesome, I hope you start taking the game more seriously and pull some crazy **** at future tournaments.

Vist: Your Luigi is incredible, for real. You and Nintendude definitely worked well together as a team. Good **** living forever on Dreamland for some weird reason.

9K: Stop sandbagging. Your Lucas could probably be godlike if you gave half a crap lol. And we still have to MM for $0.26.

GimR: We didn't really talk much but you seem really chill. Don't think I was sandbagging or anything though. I have problems against Brawl players lol. Idk why, I think I get very confused with the slow, methodical spacing that they use in matches. I'm like.... "Approach!" in my mind the whole time. And then I just throw stuff out.

Nintendude: 2-2 in money matches.... we'll have to continue this next time. Btw, don't get too confident there that you'd take me out in bracket :p Even though I've got little to no Peach experience, I'm no "brawl player". I was always very good at Melee, and Peach has always been a *****. And bring out that Ike next time, hopefully it'll be ready by then. Good **** in teams, I should def not have gone Snake against a Peach/Luigi.

Ohio: Way to ***** out!!!! I would've gone home first class! :(

And last but not least....

[PENDING] Leelue: So we come all the way to Maryland, almost getting arrested on the way there for walking between subway cars in NYC, almost (probably) getting mugged in the ****hole of a city of Baltimore in the vain search for the Lightrail, seeing some really cool black kid singing his favorite song with a loud high pitched voice and a lisp with nobody around but us.... scared for our lives..... and you got turned down as a playtester?? Are you pending still? If I didn't go to this tournament, you could have very well taken 1st place. [PENDING] 1st place backroom reject, get raaaaaaped.
Anyways, hype run through loser's bracket, you pulled it off. SONIC TOO GOOD AND BROKEN JOHNS ETC. 1st and 2nd place!!!!!!!

<3 Project M.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Very impressed with Eli's snake.

Been playing Wolf primarily in PM so I'm happy after seeing the vids of Chillin.

Hope to see more PM tourneys. I'm hosting one next month in FL

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey JCaesar, I used C. Falcon in tournament and my friend ThunderKatz used Mario.

GGs to everyone I played.

What time do you guys start playing on Tuesdays?
Thanks, I'll fix that.

And we usually go to Xanadu at like 6 or 6:30.

Vist

Smash Champion
lol keep forgetting to post

Just wanted to say thanks to gimr + jcaesar for hosting this. Hope this happens again at some point along with more melee tournaments since the venue is legit (Melee + PM would be best imo since you'd probably have entrants that wouldn't come otherwise for a tournament that's exclusively aimed at one or the other).

It was cool seeing a lot of the different characters / tricks. I'll have to experiment beyond the usual melee stuff and figure some of that out. Heavy characters are too good btw X_X I can't really get away with my melee Luigi tactics vs Ike / Bowser / Ganon etc. /johns

anyway, shoutouts-

1. Eli - Congrats on getting 1st, man and good stuff in teams / singles.
2. leelue - Congrats on 2nd and GGs also. I have no clue wtf you're doing as Sonic LOL.
3. chillindude829 - good **** sticking it out with wolf and holdin it down.
4. Plank - Good stuff as always, mang.
5. Nintendude1189 - Good stuff in teams! We'll def have to do that again sometime.
5. Vist - Losing to 1st + 2nd and getting 5th like a true scrub
7. JCaesar - Thanks for hosting along with GIMR. I still gotta hit you up for that wii hack lmao..
7. cmart - lol thank god I didn't play you in singles. I still don't have an answer for bowser :urg:
9. Glick - nice meeting you & good stuff in friendlies.
9. GuruKid - nice seeing you as always, man. We'll def have to get some matches in next time.
9. CTL - lol fun friendlies as always
9. ycz6 - GGs in those friendlies, hope to see you at xanadu etc sometime
13. Thunderhorse - It's been too long, bro. We'll have to smash again soon and bring back Bair City.
13. Count Kaiser - Nice seeing you again; next time we gotta get some games in.
13. GimR - Thanks for hosting and doing the xanadu thing as always.
13. Big Wenz - good shiz coming out. It's been too long since we smashed last.
17. CritPro - GGs. Your pika is pretty legit!
17. JSP - GGs man. See you around at xanadu :cool:
17. ThunderKatz - Not sure if we played :confused:
17. Fortune - GGs man
17. Bandit - Good stuff on the commentary and thanks for the slice of pizzazz
Skip - GGs in teams
9K - didn't see you play at all :confused:
Btree & godslafco- you guys gotta come next time lol

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Hope this happens again at some point along with more melee tournaments since the venue is legit (Melee + PM would be best imo since you'd probably have entrants that wouldn't come otherwise for a tournament that's exclusively aimed at one or the other).
Strongly agree.

Top Bottom