• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Though speaking of Earthbound stages. I'd love to see a New Pork City stage that doesn't suck. Maybe something that actually takes place within the city, and not some random platforms in front of it.
YES

EXACTLY

I'd love if the PMDT was able to work up a miracle and do something like that. If not NPC then some other Mother 3 locale.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I would love a stage set near the Porky Statue within the city. That's always been an iconic spot, since it's where you fight the impossible secret boss.

Or, as I've brought up before, having the stage itself be the flying limousine (with a platform layout above it, we don't need another FD.) It would travel around the significant parts of the city. (i.e. the tower, statue, etc.)

New Pork isn't the only option, like Edge said. So many Mother 3 locations are great. Drago Plains, Club Titiboo, ah.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I would love a stage set near the Porky Statue within the city. That's always been an iconic spot, since it's where you fight the impossible secret boss.

Or, as I've brought up before, having the stage itself be the flying limousine (with a platform layout above it, we don't need another FD.) It would travel around the significant parts of the city. (i.e. the tower, statue, etc.)

New Pork isn't the only option, like Edge said. So many Mother 3 locations are great. Drago Plains, Club Titiboo, ah.
It is called New Year's Rocket...or whatever the one is that is the best one to fire off.

I AM ON BOARD WITH THE FLYING LIMO IDEA

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
But guys... FOURSIDE!! I WUV FOURSIDE!!

Also, this isn't necessarily an art nor an alt... But shouldn't Squirtle be able to swim, you know, forever?
:007:
Magicant is a great stage. The only problem with it involves those stupid flying men.

Though speaking of Earthbound stages. I'd love to see a New Pork City stage that doesn't suck. Maybe something that actually takes place within the city, and not some random platforms in front of it.
I love Flying Man...

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
But guys... FOURSIDE!! I WUV FOURSIDE!!

Also, this isn't necessarily an art nor an alt... But shouldn't Squirtle be able to swim, you know, forever?
:007:

I love Flying Man...
The Flying Men control way too much of the match. Whoever gets him basically has the equivalent of a win button.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Well, I personally can't swim at all... Squirtle, on the other hand, can surf on 1 hp pretty much forever.
I'm surprised by how many people (adults even) can't swim. It's really not that difficult to learn, and it could end up saving you from drowning some day.

Anyway, on the topic of swimming, I wonder if they'd introduce swimming to Great Bay if they ever bring it back.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm surprised by how many people (adults even) can't swim. It's really not that difficult to learn, and it could end up saving you from drowning some day.
My brother said that he read an article that said it's easier for babies and toddlers to learn how to swim than it is for adults.

It's really easy, just don't freak out and doggy paddle or flop around, haha.
Anyway, on the topic of swimming, I wonder if they'd introduce swimming to Great Bay if they ever bring it back.
I think the swimming depends on the base stage that it would go over, (until they figure out how to make more stages work with the random/slash thingy) I suggested the Pirate Ship and Skyloft (which went over Jungle Japes) as a base, they had water. However, I played the stage with a friend of mine recently, the area underneath the laboratory is very dangerous! If it did have swimming, that area would be much less dangerous, making it a bit more balanced.

tl;dr, I dunno.
If they bring it back, I really hope they remaster it to its' Majora's Mask 3D glory, 'cause it's HOT, and I don't think it would put too much strain on the Wii's hardware.

The Flying Men control way too much of the match. Whoever gets him basically has the equivalent of a win button.
Unless you kill 'im.

I kill 'im.

He's the first thing I go after. I kill 'im.
They should've made him like Ridley: Person who kills 'im gets a point.
Then I get points.
Because I kill 'im.
Kill.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64

It would be LOVELY if a medly played so the transition to different areas could be more pronounced. I also am a fan of the main city in Mother 3. How would it transition into different backgrounds though? Were you thinking of a flash kind of transition like how Castle Seige is, or having there be a scrolling background?

Let us plan and rave about all the little cameos and details we would like to see in this hypothetical stage to create hypothetical hype. Also kimono Peach

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
like im happy for all your guys hype but like we need to be asking the HARD HITTING QUESTIONS!! For example, "Where's Meowser?" or, "When is Meowser coming?" or my favorite, "PLEASE GIVE ME MEOWSER NOW PLEASE?"

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I kinda want a Smash taunt for all the Pokemon to have their in-game cries.

Or maybe they make their sounds during their entrance animations like Mewtwo? That would make it a trend.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Things to include in the "Travelling Nowhere Islands Stage":

-Random Mr. Saturn cameos
-Possibly random Earthbound player cameos
-Random famous enemy cameos like the new age retro hippie
-pencil and eraser statues!!
-Giygas UFO's
-Pigmen

Does anyone else miss the subtitles for stages? Remember Melee how Poke Floats was considered to be in |<anto Skies?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Things to include in the "Travelling Nowhere Islands Stage":

-Random Mr. Saturn cameos
-Possibly random Earthbound player cameos
-Random famous enemy cameos like the new age retro hippie
-pencil and eraser statues!!
-Giygas UFO's
-Pigmen

Does anyone else miss the subtitles for stages? Remember Melee how Poke Floats was considered to be in |<anto Skies?
I definitely would like if some of the empty space in the Stage Select screen showed off the location, and maybe a description of where the stage comes from?

BUT there needs to be kept space for the logo of a tourney host.

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
Here's the Ivysaur costume idea I had a while back. I call it Ivytron-002, or the Six Million Dollar Mon.

I figured that Team Rocket already has a cyborg poke-champion in the game (with armored Mewtwo), so it was time that Team Galactic stepped up to the plate with an augmented pokemon of its own. The mortar cannon bulb, solar panel leaves, robot-arm vines, and body armor really sell the idea of a cyborg for me.

Attachments

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
That's actually a pretty sweet design. I like the Terminator-style cyber-eye.
If there was one thing I'd change about it though, it'd be making the solar panels rectangles, that's it.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
In lieu of studying/reading here is some comparison of the two stage select screens, one from PM, one from Melee. Thanks, CBO0tz!!!

In PM, the stage layout is more traditional, and has the nice option of excluding illegal stages. While hacked Melee of versions have this option too, the vanilla version doesn't. In the PM SSS the background is pretty simple, but also bears resemblance to Melee's background. Melee's background is more busy, with little gray objects and flecks flying around here and there. Also note the borders in Melee's SSS and how they home in on the text/name of the stage highlighted. (interestingly, almost forming a smash emblem) Furthermore, note the location of stage/origin of the stage above the actual stage name. As the obnoxious pink text in the second picture points out, there is actually a basic blue model of the stage selected in the background, which shifts between the model and logo/emblem of what character that stage is from (ex. in this picture, it would shift to the starfox emblem). PM also has these logos, as well as smaller icons indiciating the type of match to be played. Also note the random stage button in Melee, which is a bland gray screen with RANDOM on it, versus the bland smaller button with a weird looking question mark (who the hell has a question mark like that? See how this one is normal? ? ?). Also while the Melee SSS has small pictures of the stages, the PM screen has these in addition to a larger preview. The Melee screen is also only one page whereas the PM screen is in two pages. It might be nicer if everything was all on one page, but it might start to look cluttered.

It'd be kind of cool to incorporate some ideas from the Melee SSS. The 64 SSS is quite plain, as is Brawl's. If one wanted to make nods to these, it could be possible to have the grey background floating objects form the cracks seen in Smash 64's SSS background, and instead of the neat larger preview of the stage PM has, make it slightly more messy/scratched away like Brawl's was. I've included pictures of those SSS screens as well for more reference.

Interestingly, in all the smash games, when a stage is selected the border around it is red, except maybe Smash 4. Here's a history lesson that no one needed but hopefully sparks some discussion. Let me know anything I missed, like what the background stuff in Melee actually says

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
It is called New Year's Rocket...or whatever the one is that is the best one to fire off.

I AM ON BOARD WITH THE FLYING LIMO IDEA
It's the New Year's Eve Bomb, I was just making a joke. Don't think I haven't beaten everything in my favorite game of all time. ;)
It would be LOVELY if a medly played so the transition to different areas could be more pronounced. I also am a fan of the main city in Mother 3. How would it transition into different backgrounds though? Were you thinking of a flash kind of transition like how Castle Seige is, or having there be a scrolling background?

Let us plan and rave about all the little cameos and details we would like to see in this hypothetical stage to create hypothetical hype. Also kimono Peach
I was thinking more along the lines of Delfino's stage.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
So Lucas's Special New Taunt.

Assuming it's a usual light-tap triggered smash taunt, I cannot wait to taunt cancel with that shizz.

Nothing will be more pleasing than forcing my friends to listen to the Osohe Dance Song as it plays in a round.

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
So Lucas's Special New Taunt.

Assuming it's a usual light-tap triggered smash taunt, I cannot wait to taunt cancel with that shizz.

Nothing will be more pleasing than forcing my friends to listen to the Osohe Dance Song as it plays in a round.
Wait... is that becoming a thing? Like seriously talked about? If it is, this will be the best thing to happen to PM Lucas.

Also, I'm sad that Lucas didn't get any commander Lucas alts. I was hoping for a Claus-themed one where the jacket is dark navy, perhaps even with fur trim. I made a sample texture of it once (minus the fur)--would anyone want to see/download it?

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Wait... is that becoming a thing? Like seriously talked about? If it is, this will be the best thing to happen to PM Lucas.

Also, I'm sad that Lucas didn't get any commander Lucas alts. I was hoping for a Claus-themed one where the jacket is dark navy, perhaps even with fur trim. I made a sample texture of it once (minus the fur)--would anyone want to see/download it?
It's confirmed my friend. I personally don't like alts that change characters, but I've seen Commander Lucas recolors that resemble Claus and they're pretty solid. @ Shin F. Shin F. made me some really sexy Team Colors upon request using Pik's Masked Man recolors as a base. So if you want team colors, I'll link the download with Shin's consent. I doubt he'd mind. (I type as Shin views the thread.)

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
It's confirmed my friend. I personally don't like alts that change characters, but I've seen Commander Lucas recolors that resemble Claus and they're pretty solid. @ Shin F. Shin F. made me some really sexy Team Colors upon request using Pik's Masked Man recolors as a base. So if you want team colors, I'll link the download with Shin's consent. I doubt he'd mind. (I type as Shin views the thread.)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Let me know anything I missed, like what the background stuff in Melee actually says
Since you're wondering:
tex1_320x240_6afcf0fc04fae558_32b9be4a70152cb6_8.png

tex1_128x128_3f0f83e1af36b42e_14.png

It's a lot of intentionally scrambled text but it should be a lot more apparent what a lot of it says. I love all the fun details Melee has going on in its backgrounds. If the menu wasn't a ridiculous mess to work with, I'd love to see more details in PM's. The CSS having 'SMASH' in the four corners is an awesome touch though. The spinning rectangles on the SSS are cool too.

I also dumped the background texture. Yes, it is that small actually. It's a 128x128 texture stretched across the screen.

And for fun, an SSS screen taken in Dolphin with the HD texture pack on.
RSBEPM-2.png

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Something I've always wondered?

Why haven't they changed Falco's Final Smash? He CLEARLY prefers the air. Poor guy.
:4falco::falco::falcomelee:
I like using every Falco emoticon because I'm socially confused.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Melee's screen is awesome. I hope they do consider making some new elements based off of Melee's SSS.

Also, do you guys think if a Metal Gear Solid 1 costume for Snake was ever made, should it be pixellated as a callback to PS1 graphics, or should it be kept modern?

Ground Zeroes' Deja Vu missions making me ask the questions the people should be askin'.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Also, do you guys think if a Metal Gear Solid 1 costume for Snake was ever made, should it be pixellated as a callback to PS1 graphics, or should it be kept modern?
They should keep costumes Brawl-styled. If the art style isn't consistent, it just looks tacky and thrown-together IMO. See: 75 m, Mario Bros, Pac-Land, and a large number of costumes / stages on the Vault.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Melee's screen is awesome. I hope they do consider making some new elements based off of Melee's SSS.

Ground Zeroes' Deja Vu missions making me ask the questions the people should be askin'.
Only if it's digital camouflage, rather than just a pixelated texture.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Something I've always wondered?

Why haven't they changed Falco's Final Smash? He CLEARLY prefers the air. Poor guy.
:4falco::falco::falcomelee:
I like using every Falco emoticon because I'm socially confused.
Your wish has been granted today funny enough.

Sort of.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
They should keep costumes Brawl-styled. If the art style isn't consistent, it just looks tacky and thrown-together IMO. See: 75 m, Mario Bros, Pac-Land, and a large number of costumes / stages on the Vault.
sniff sniff

Do I smell contempt for certain stages?
Because I can totally smell those kind of things.
Over the internet.

Sort of.
I saw that, was hyped for a moment, but it looks a tad bit irritating in terms of animations...

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master

Sort of.
That's pretty badass. I bet PMDT could make it use the same laser the Landmaster does so it's not just generic Ray Gun blasts. Improve the animations and sound effects, maybe add an option to drop Smart Bombs or something, and it'd be perfect.
sniff sniff

Do I smell contempt for certain stages?
Because I can totally smell those kind of things.
Over the internet.
... Yes. :p

Edit: By the way, does anyone else notice how fresh those portraits make the game look in the vid? The improvement from such a tiny detail is staggering.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Agreed. It's the same issue as the old pixellated stages looking far worse than the ones that look modernized, like Wrecking Crew and Yoshi's (Melee) Island.

Sort of.
I like how firing uses the Shine sound.

EDIT: Srsly though, I always figured if Falco was to get a nice Arwing Final Smash, it would be like either Snake's FS, where you fire at them off-stage, or it functions like Unown's swarm attack, where you just flyby, maybe you could even be seen in the background Corneria style as you come around for another attack, or maybe a combination of both.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Sorry @ Shin F. Shin F. but Pacland is actually my favorite stage. Of all time. Of every game. Ever. haha just kidding its my second fav first is hanenbow

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I was playing Project M today and had a bunch of great ideas that I've already forgotten.

You when Bowser grabs an enemy with the Koopa Klaw, he kinda flumps them with his head? He should do the Flying Slam instead, that way both the beautiful Klaw and the slam are still in the game.

Also, I had a great idea that I forgot.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I was playing Project M today and had a bunch of great ideas that I've already forgotten.

You when Bowser grabs an enemy with the Koopa Klaw, he kinda flumps them with his head? He should do the Flying Slam instead, that way both the beautiful Klaw and the slam are still in the game.

Also, I had a great idea that I forgot.
I had actually thought of making Flying Slam the aerial version, but your idea is really good too.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Honestly I dislike flying slam on pm bowser but what I would like to see is his melee forward claw shoulder bash replace the headsmash bullcrap.

Having flying slam would also likely remove his ability to grab opponents midair and kill with the back throw klaw, which I find important, but maybe the people I play are bad for not expecting it and punishing

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly I dislike flying slam on pm bowser but what I would like to see is his melee forward claw shoulder bash replace the headsmash bullcrap.

Having flying slam would also likely remove his ability to grab opponents midair and kill with the back throw klaw, which I find important, but maybe the people I play are bad for not expecting it and punishing
What if it's a down or up throw klaw?

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Since we're talking about new or returning moves for characters, how about Pit being able to shoot arrows downward in the air and this is probably going to get some flack lol but I honestly want Marth to get his old stabbing animation for Shield Breaker to separate himself from Roy more. Just so Marth, Roy and Ike have different neutral Bs to represent their different styles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom