• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I got some ideas....
For Falco:His red armor outfit(or whatever that is) from Star Fox Assault.

For Ivysaur:Not a straight,but though I like the sound of Sorcerer Ivy,I'd be fine with something more basic that emphasizes Ivy's female gender.Ivy is not very feminine,so it'd be cool to have a costume that points this out,like a bow or flower,or even bandanna.No doubt there's some Trainer stereo-types she could draw from.Is there a 'nature' trainer in one of the games?Or at least there's Gym Leaders or Elite 4 using grass types.

For Diddy:Retro Diddy.As in,Diddy with the sunglasses he wears in DKC2 at the finish of a level.Also,his shirt color would be the same shape as his other costumes,but the color would match his shirt color from DKC2,and would not have any designs or patterns on it to match the shirt from that game.

Side Note:Knida given up on Kirby.A costume would be too little for too much effort;and,any copy ability that would ven be compatible would be kind of weird,since he wouldn't be using said ability.Especially if he copies a fighter's ability also.

Last edited:

seanbb

Smash Cadet
is there a way to use all costumes slots (11) of PM's characters?
I want insert some nice alt costumes;)

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
ATOMIC PURPLE SEE-THROUGH?!! OH MAN, YOU'RE A GENIUS!! SOMEBODY, GET THIS GUY A PROMOTION!! Should it just be a slightly transparent recolour, same CSP pose and everything? I think it should be, fits in the whole "Give everyone a purple palette" thing that Project M's doin'. Which I love.

Also... A Gamecube R.O.B to accompany the Wii counterpart would be appropriate, given the Melee glory in Project M, some Gamecube worship would be good. Normally I'd want an N64 version in addition, with the first Super Smash Bros. inside, but then we'd be past our limit of ten.

Also, guys, we should make silver the default colour for everyone not in Japan and make green R.O.B's cord blue. It's only just.
Bruh, chill it was in the suggestions.. It's been there a while, lol I just bring that stuff back up again to see if people are still really hype for it in hopes of making the PMDT realize how awesome the ideas are and including it in the game. and there hasn't been a GC ROB skin yet. Nobody's made it. Someone made a Wii ROB though.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
is there a way to use all costumes slots (11) of PM's characters?
I want insert some nice alt costumes;)
Hold up: 11. 11?! Since when are there 11 slots?! MUST TAKE ADVANTAGE.
I heard the oh so wonderful Mewtwo2000 is making another version of Cbliss that's MUCH easier to work with... Making 14 slots somehow. Without battle portraits. :c
Bruh, chill it was in the suggestions.. It's been there a while, lol I just bring that stuff back up again to see if people are still really hype for it in hopes of making the PMDT realize how awesome the ideas are and including it in the game. Nobody will notice this. and there hasn't been a GC ROB skin yet. Nobody's made it. Someone made a Wii ROB though.
What's this... Chill you mention? I've heard of such a thing only a few times... But never PRACTICED it... Haha.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hold up: 11. 11?! Since when are there 11 slots?! MUST TAKE ADVANTAGE.
There've always technically been 11 slots, but one of them belongs to the dark copies you fight in the SSE. I think it's technically usable (don't quote me on that), but you still have the problem of overlapping cosmetics if you use more than 10.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I got some ideas....
For Falco:His red armor outfit(or whatever that is) from Star Fox Assault.

For Ivysaur:Not a straight,but though I like the sound of Sorcerer Ivy,I'd be fine with something more basic that emphasizes Ivy's female gender.Ivy is not very feminine,so it'd be cool to have a costume that points this out,like a bow or flower,or even bandanna.No doubt there's some Trainer stereo-types she could draw from.Is there a 'nature' trainer in one of the games?Or at least there's Gym Leaders or Elite 4 using grass types.

For Diddy:Retro Diddy.As in,Diddy with the sunglasses he wears in DKC2 at the finish of a level.Also,his shirt color would be the same shape as his other costumes,but the color would match his shirt color from DKC2,and would not have any designs or patterns on it to match the shirt from that game.
The closest thing I could find for Nature/Grass-type Gym Leaders or Elite 4 members would be either Erika or Gardenia.
Erika:

Gardenia:

Also there's sort of already been a mod that makes Diddy wear his hat backwards with sunglasses on a la DKC2, and yeah I kinda have to agree with Kirby's costumes. Even the recolors that haven't been used besides the ****-brown color is basically the same as one that's existing in-game, just with different colored feet.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
There've always technically been 11 slots, but one of them belongs to the dark copies you fight in the SSE. I think it's technically usable (don't quote me on that), but you still have the problem of overlapping cosmetics if you use more than 10.
AND there is a slot for characters to use in "clear" mode.

FitFighterSpy00.pac

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
How many times will people reference Ivy as a grill.

Where.
Where do you see this.

I need canon, people.
Starting from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Venosaur had a pistil growing out of its flower when it was female:

Sakurai did something neat with Ivysaur using this knowledge--if you pause the game, and zoom in on the opening of her bulb, you can see the same pistil still growing inside, indicating it as a female.

Thus, we refer to Ivy as a female.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Not really canon evidence, here...
Starting from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Venosaur had a pistil growing out of its flower when it was female:

Sakurai did something neat with Ivysaur using this knowledge--if you pause the game, and zoom in on the opening of her bulb, you can see the same pistil still growing inside, indicating it as a female.

Much better! Good to know there's an actual reason for her being considered female.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Not really canon evidence, here...

Much better! Good to know there's an actual reason for her being considered female.
Glad to remind you.

Cuz I already told you guys once :/

WHAAAAT?

3crazy5me. In past discussions, I recall it being proven that there was no definite gender.

Guess no one was able to bring such up.
Well I guess that discussion was misinformed then.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman

Never knew that myself. I've always liked the idea of Ivy being female but never put much stock into that notion. It's fun learning something new about a game that you've been playing for so long.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
How not so?That's straight from the official P:M website;it is proof that the developers consider it female.
As much as we all love PM, it's not actual, official canon to Smash, so the PM devs considering her female isn't enough to prove that she actually is, really. Edge's response is enough to prove it, however, since it uses facts from official sources.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
As much as we all love PM, it's not actual, official canon to Smash, so the PM devs considering her female isn't enough to prove that she actually is. Edge's response is enough to prove it, however, since it uses facts from official sources.
Well,I was just thinking of P:M as a different entity from Brawl,and was only thinking of the gender of the Ivysaur in P:M.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur is female. When you look into her bulb using the camera from a bird point of view, you can see a yellow seed in its body. In the pokemon cannon, that seed exists for females because the female venusaur is has the seed showing to symbolise that its ready for reproduction.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Why doesn't OoT Link get different colors for his shield like TP Link?
Because in OoT, you can actually wear red and blue tunics, but your shield stays the same. I think TP Link's shield should ultimately be handled the same way, really.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Because in OoT, you can actually wear red and blue tunics, but your shield stays the same. I think TP Link's shield should ultimately be handled the same way, really.
I think the same, but since Brawl had different shields colors I thought the best idea would be following that, so I found it strange that PMDT didn't.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I think we can all agree that the dark suit recolor should become a dark suit alt, but what about the empty slot? Is there any consesus yet?

The options are: phazon suit, power suit (we already have retro suit though), omega suit, PED suit and PED suit with hazard shield. I don't think I forgot any.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Just a random question, but do you think the PMDT can make it possible for nicknames to be over 5 letters?

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I think we can all agree that the dark suit recolor should become a dark suit alt, but what about the empty slot? Is there any consesus yet?

The options are: phazon suit, power suit (we already have retro suit though), omega suit, PED suit and PED suit with hazard shield. I don't think I forgot any.
Dark Samus cosplay

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

imho it should really be the Phazon suit. It's the only recolor that works for the black slot.
Also I wonder when Nanobuds is going to tease the yet-to-be-released remastered 64 stages..
#CongoJungleSaffronCityWhen

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Just a random question, but do you think the PMDT can make it possible for nicknames to be over 5 letters?
I'm forced to go by "Nefnj". -_-
And I made a csp for the existing ones
That image didn't work, brother...
I think the same, but since Brawl had different shields colors I thought the best idea would be following that, so I found it strange that PMDT didn't.
Want me to make it? I've been dabbling in not-crappy small-tweaky texture hacks, it'd be an easy fix, I'll even make CSP's if you wish. I honestly prefer what it's currently like, with Twilight Princess having the multicolour and Ocarina of Time having the one.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Metroid Prime Phazon Suit was awesome.The Brawl brown/black recolor is not an acceptable substitute.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Want me to make it? I've been dabbling in not-crappy small-tweaky texture hacks, it'd be an easy fix, I'll even make CSP's if you wish. I honestly prefer what it's currently like, with Twilight Princess having the multicolour and Ocarina of Time having the one.
There's no need, but thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom