• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Pikachu isnt full of costumes yet is he?
Im still hoping to see that Luchadore outfit.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I wish there was a 3.5b/3.6 already.. I'm dying for seeing the rest of the additions both costume, stage, and character. If it even happens now ;( Smash4pressure tactics.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Why does PM have a Castlevania stage?
I've wondered about that myself, it's not very... Nintendo. Beautiful stage and fun, I'm not gonna lie, and I love the idea of Project M having a completely 100%-ish original stage... But it's not very fitting it seems. It's too bad all the Project M stages replace Brawl stages instead of adding them, I miss a lot of old stages but love the new ones too much.
Right now I'm learning how to make my own stages... I'm making one where you'll play on the buttons of an NES controller!
Is it me or does this seem off-topic? Now I feel bad... ;-;

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I've been hoping it gets transformed back into a Luigi's Mansion theme while keeping the stage as is. Mewtwo2000 made a skin like that, but it's never the same until it's official.

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
I would assume its just giving another nod to a nintendo classic that was not properly represented in the series. Kinda like with the FE themes on Hyrule Temple back in Melee. I remember a fellow smasher thought that Simon Belmont was a potential character for PM due to that stage but then Mewtwo came out and everyone stopped talking about it.

I do prefer this stage over Luigi's mansion but I do miss the green-bluish aesthetics of that stage.

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Can we get a proper blood falcon alt for CF? All you need to do is add spikes to his shoulder pad, flare up his collar, and add a little skull to his helmet. You already have the palate swap, so why not just go all out? And they're still technically the same person, as he's just a clone of captain falcon...

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Can we get a proper blood falcon alt for CF? All you need to do is add spikes to his shoulder pad, flare up his collar, and add a little skull to his helmet. You already have the palate swap, so why not just go all out? And they're still technically the same person, as he's just a clone of captain falcon...
I remember suggesting this. Replying for MORE EMPHASIS.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
And they're still technically the same person, as he's just a clone of captain falcon...
Clones are not technically the same person. Twins are technically natural clones, would you say that all twins are just technically two of the same person? Different brains, even different fingerprints.

... That being said, yeah, that could be a good idea for an alt.

Narpas_sword

Clones are not technically the same person. Twins are technically natural clones, would you say that all twins are just technically two of the same person? Different brains, even different fingerprints.

Yes, i would say twins are the same 'technically',as you so solidly pointed out.

xxTailsxx

Smash Cadet
What if you change ivysaurs flower to other types of flowers or even to a piranha plant or a fire flower

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Any possible ideas on a not-awful Green Alt for Peach?
She has only 1, and it's so.. blah.
if anyone wants to jump on this:
Will Love forever. <3

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I've been hoping it gets transformed back into a Luigi's Mansion theme while keeping the stage as is. Mewtwo2000 made a skin like that, but it's never the same until it's official.

*cough Dark Meta Knight cough*
I thought for Project M that it was quite the stretch... It's like Shadow being an alt for Sonic.
Oh well still awesome 10/10.

What if you change ivysaurs flower to other types of flowers or even to a piranha plant or a fire flower
That's a good idea, there's a Coin Block on the vault somewhere, I suggested a Parasect mushroom a while back.

Do any of my buddies here know how to make stages via model imports?

Last edited:

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
With the Pichu mask idea for Pikachu I have an idea for two alt costumes for Pikachu and Toon Link. Its "Melee Masks™" Where Toon Link will wear a ben drowned... I mean Young Link mask. This is a little out of the standards for alt guidelines but it would be there to please the fans who want those characters back. And we could also introduce a PM original being Spiked Eared Pikachu.

Seriously though everything up til the spiked ear Pikachu.

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Yes, i would say TWINS are the same 'technically',as you so SOLIDly pointed out.
That reminds me of another alt idea I had.

Pretty basic idea but I still think it would look cool.

What would be really great is a HD version of MGS1 Solid Snake;

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That reminds me of another alt idea I had.

Pretty basic idea but I still think it would look cool.

What would be really great is a HD version of MGS1 Solid Snake;
I like that second idea, though wouldn't it look too much like the original Snake palette swap?
I need my tuxedo Snake...

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
I like that second idea, though wouldn't it look too much like the original Snake palette swap?
I need my tuxedo Snake...
Fair enough but many characters have similar alts to there brawl costumes. Fox and Link come to mind. They're alts are essentially very similar to their original outfits but have just enough differences to justify them as worthy outfits. I think the same can be done for Snake one way or another. I think it would be more logical for MGS1 Snake but still, there is just something about seeing Snake dressed as Liquid that seems really cool to me.
Tux Snake is also high on my list too.

Knade

Smash Rookie
cant they mute an alt costume? for example, meta knight galacta knight alt, make him mute when hes using it.
every sound effect for slashing, kicking, jumpin, flying etc etc, would be heard but his voice mute.
like the effect the metal box does, just without the heavy weight and armor, just the voice mute.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Does anyone know who designed the Shogun Dedede? I want to ask about his back, he had a different back with all sorts of petals that I want to use in my personal build.

I think they should switch the file location of the Tails costume and the Silver costume, that way the Silver costume would be FitSonic06.
I'm so hilarious.
Hahaha.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know who designed the Shogun Dedede? I want to ask about his back, he had a different back with all sorts of petals that I want to use in my personal build.

I think they should switch the file location of the Tails costume and the Silver costume, that way the Silver costume would be FitSonic06.
I'm so hilarious.
Hahaha.
I made Shogun Dedede. Who would have guessed it?

The Pedals were removed due to popular opinion. So i changed it to a dragon swirl so It would still draw reference to his hammer and be sorta cannon with dedede's swirl design in the past.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Another piece of bootleg that would transfer well to a costume! Small enough image to avoid the spoiler tag! Maybe? I think?

I forget how close attention the Project M team pays to this thread, I must proceed with fear and caution for the rest of my life...

I made Shogun Dedede. Who would have guessed it?

The Pedals were removed due to popular opinion. So I changed it to a dragon swirl so It would still draw reference to his hammer and be sorta cannon with dedede's swirl design in the past.
Oh really? That's too bad, I thought it was a great touch! A bit more traditional to the culture and draws a bigger difference from the default Dedede, I think anyway, I'm no expert though. The dragon swirl is fantastic though, I ain't gonna lie. You mentioned he had the swirl design in the past? Are you referencing the peace-sign logo, or is there another secret design I am unaware of?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Another piece of bootleg that would transfer well to a costume! Small enough image to avoid the spoiler tag! Maybe? I think?

I forget how close attention the Project M team pays to this thread, I must proceed with fear and caution for the rest of my life...

Oh really? That's too bad, I thought it was a great touch! A bit more traditional to the culture and draws a bigger difference from the default Dedede, I think anyway, I'm no expert though. The dragon swirl is fantastic though, I ain't gonna lie. You mentioned he had the swirl design in the past? Are you referencing the peace-sign logo, or is there another secret design I am unaware of?
That Pikachu is terrifying.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
That Pikachu is terrifying.
Pikachu is terrifying by itself.

It's an adorable rodent with cheeks you really wanna pinch but if you do then you're electrocuted with the force of a lightning bolt.

Its cuteness is its defense mechanism.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I know the chances of there being an actual quickdraw Kirby are almost none... But I thought I'd make some crappy 3D concept art anyway, and write a few ideas to make it work:

I was thinking that below the hair, they could make Kirby's rump stick out a little to line it up with the other Kirby. A big problem would be player recognition compared to the default palette swap, but if they put (non-crappy) shoes on Kirby like they did with Dedede, that might solve the problem. I think that they'd have to make the pink a bit more different (maybe scratches, bumps, and scars?) than just the +40 red-stuff I did. Maybe at the start of the hair, make it shrink down to just textures on top of the head, and perhaps add a small belt in reference to the other quick-draw minigame where kirby had a belt, for a bigger costume difference.

And they'd have to do it several times over for each hat.

And Kirby's model is just weird, and they'd have to remap the whole model.

But it'd be worth it.. There's a shogun Dedede, and via Tock Knock, a Meta Knight to match, so why not Kirby?

Though I think Yarn Kirby should be higher on the list, and would be much easier.

Pikachu is terrifying by itself.

It's an adorable rodent with cheeks you really wanna pinch but if you do then you're electrocuted with the force of a lightning bolt.

Its cuteness is its defense mechanism.
And thanks for ruining Pikachu for me forever. Dangit.
Has this been suggested yet?

Though I'd prefer to see a Pichu palette with Pichu's palette costumes, if not Pichu himself. .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom