• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I have a question! A lot of us have theorized that the last costume for Samus could be a true dark suit (which seems like the most popular opinion) or the PED suit! (the second most popular, it seems) but both of those suits get minor upgrades which change their visuals, which version of suit would it be?

And does anyone know why the Project M team chose to use Metroid Prime's design of arm cannon instead of Prime 2's?

I'm really hoping SJS makes a version of "Other M + Brawl" Zero Suit Samus for each of the new Zero Suit Samus costumes... I put the holster on my build on each Zero Suit, BUT THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207198

Guys.... there is a Prince Zuko moveset on the vault. It's in Beta but still.
PM PLZ. I WILL SELL MY SOUL TO HAVE HIM OFFICIALLY IN.
It's not gonna happen but a man can dream.
We all can dream... I have a dream that Banjo and Kazooie will make it in...
BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT DREAM IS FOR NAUGHT!! *sobs*

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I have a question! A lot of us have theorized that the last costume for Samus could be a true dark suit (which seems like the most popular opinion) or the PED suit! (the second most popular, it seems) but both of those suits get minor upgrades which change their visuals, which version of suit would it be?
I don't remember any upgrade for the dark suit in Metroid Prime 2 other than the light suit. And the hazard shield would make the PED suit look more unique.

I'd be cool with either dark suit recolor -> phazon suit recolor and true dark suit or dark suit recolor -> true dark suit and PED suit with hazard shield.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I don't remember any upgrade for the dark suit in Metroid Prime 2 other than the light suit. And the hazard shield would make the PED suit look more unique.
There are a few upgrades for it aesthetically, though they're more like accessories; the spider ball, the gravity boost, and the grapple beam. I think it'd be best without the grapple beam, given how it's used with the arm cannon, but with the gravity boost, due to Samus' jump using back jet-thingies.
I like your reasoning behind the hazard shield, I didn't even think about it before, and given how the team would have to change the shoulders' size, the hazard shield would look better bigger. that what about the corruption level? I think the corruption level should appear at either 10% or 25%, it's a nice grey-ish, anything else is too blue, and too similar to the Dark Suit recolour.

I'd be cool with either dark suit recolor -> phazon suit recolor and true dark suit or dark suit recolor -> true dark suit and PED suit with hazard shield.
I think the chance of the true dark suit completely replacing the recolour and adding a PED suit is not very high, since the team tries to replace as few Brawl palette swaps as they can get away with... But then again, if they did, there'd be an equal number of palette swaps as there are costumes,

Though I would like a true gravity suit recolour: More blue, bigger shoulders and more lights!
And the green colour from the Prime 2 Echoes Multiplayer!

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
There are a few upgrades for it aesthetically, though they're more like accessories; the spider ball, the gravity boost, and the grapple beam. I think it'd be best without the grapple beam, given how it's used with the arm cannon, but with the gravity boost, due to Samus' jump using back jet-thingies.
I like your reasoning behind the hazard shield, I didn't even think about it before, and given how the team would have to change the shoulders' size, the hazard shield would look better bigger. that what about the corruption level? I think the corruption level should appear at either 10% or 25%, it's a nice grey-ish, anything else is too blue, and too similar to the Dark Suit recolour.
I was about to edit my comment with the gravity boost just when I received the notification. Yeah, the dark suit would definetely make good use of it. Actually, now that we're talking about that, both the light suit and fusion suit look a bit awkward when that effect appears.

About the corruption level, I'd say zero or reaaaally close to zero. She's not using any phazon-enhanced weaponry after all.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I was about to edit my comment with the gravity boost just when I received the notification. Yeah, the dark suit would definetely make good use of it. Actually, now that we're talking about that, both the light suit and fusion suit look a bit awkward when that effect appears.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that!
About the corruption level, I'd say zero or reaaaally close to zero. She's not using any phazon-enhanced weaponry after all.
Unless they made suit specific effects replacing the fire-based attacks, and the PED Suit got aura, WHICH WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME!!

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that!

Unless they made suit specific effects replacing the fire-based attacks, and the PED Suit got aura, WHICH WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME!!
They could also make the suit get a higher corruption level texture when getting a Final Smash and change her Final Smash to a phazon charged beam from MP3.

Buuuuut that sounds like a lot of work.

Shin F.

Smash Master
They could also make the suit get a higher corruption level texture when getting a Final Smash and change her Final Smash to a phazon charged beam from MP3.

Buuuuut that sounds like a lot of work.
Might not be too difficult to do that (as far as changing her textures when she gets an FS), except that the file size would certainly be an issue.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Might not be too difficult to do that (as far as changing her textures when she gets an FS), except that the file size would certainly be an issue.
Yeah, the overall quality of the alt would need to take quite a nerf to support that.

Heck, the same would go for making a slot-based Final Smash. I haven't touched PM's FitSamus.pac but with all the extras she got that weren't in Brawl it wouldn't surprise me if the file was close (like really really close) to the filesize limit.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Yeah, the overall quality of the alt would need to take quite a nerf to support that.

Heck, the same would go for making a slot-based Final Smash. I haven't touched PM's FitSamus.pac but with all the extras she got that weren't in Brawl it wouldn't surprise me if the file was close (like really really close) to the filesize limit.
Especially since her file size limit is shared with ZSS.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
What if they just used a generic cover-the-whole-model-whilst-final-smashing texture?
Especially since her file size limit is shared with ZSS.
Well, I learn something new every day, I didn't know that... Sounds like a pain in the sweet buttum.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
A Ruins Test costume would be cool too:

but guys dark samus cosplay
That idea is okay, and in the hands of Project M, it would be amazing... But since there already is a recolour referencing it, and there's so much other potential, I don't think it'll happen... Unless they subtly referenced her design in a Zero Suit for the PED Suit, somehow, which would be awesome and sorta make sense kinda.
I never thought about that. Looks like I'll need to scrap one of the PSA ideas I had.
...What were these ideas?

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
A Ruins Test costume would be cool too:

That idea is okay, and in the hands of Project M, it would be amazing... But since there already is a recolour referencing it, and there's so much other potential, I don't think it'll happen... Unless they subtly referenced her design in a Zero Suit for the PED Suit, somehow, which would be awesome and sorta make sense kinda.
Oh no as in the recolor gets turned into a full on cosplay. Like the Shadow-Sonic cosplay.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
About the (Mega)Charizard cosplay for Pikachu, I'm against it. Not only Charizard is another character that's also in the game and thus it would be better for Pikachu to cosplay another Pokémon, but also Pikachu's costume theme in every Smash is just little accessories. For example a monocle and a top hat.

It's a secret

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
About the (Mega)Charizard cosplay for Pikachu, I'm against it. Not only Charizard is another character that's also in the game and thus it would be better for Pikachu to cosplay another Pokémon, but also Pikachu's costume theme in every Smash is just little accessories. For example a monocle and a top hat.

It's a secret
I MADE IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH FOR "IT'S A SECRET"?!! GLAUUAUAUUUARGH!!
Yeah, I had the whole "Charizard is in Smash" thing in mind... Though I think if Project M did something a little bit beyond a small accessory, it would be a bigger deal, to the equivalent of the other Project M costumes.

If they put the Pirate Hat over the blue palette swap, they could add new team colours themed around Pichu: They could add a bandana to the goggles one, and change the palette to Pichu's coloration. It'd be a neat way to "add" Pichu to Project M, akin to how they "added" Doctor Mario. More like a subtle reference than anything else.

Or they could add buffed Pichu altogether *cough cough*
I spend way too much time on this single thread.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be awesome if Pikachu were replaced with Cosplay Pikachu. Cosplay Pikachu doesn't really have anything suited for a green costume, though...
I imagine this will never happen officially, though.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I had a dream last night hat this one specific thread was closed due to "too much nonsense", by some guy with a lot of pink in his profile picture.

I was very very sad.

I spend too much time on this thread.

Does anyone else think that they should've done Squirtle the same way they do Pikachu and Jigglypuff? Not to imply I don't love them, I totally do... But hats would be better than recolours, methinks.

Last edited:

Golf Actual

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else think that they should've done Squirtle the same way they do Pikachu and Jigglypuff? Not to imply I don't love them, I totally do... But hats would be better than recolours, methinks.
I think that if Squirtle had accessories then it woud be inconsistent with Ivysaur and Charizard. Not that it needs to be, but it kind of seems like it should be. To me, at least.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'd rather Pika and Jiggz have recolors like the others, actually.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I'm undecided. Maybe like one hat for Ivy, Squirtle, and Char with one recolor for Pika and Jiggz.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I got another great idea, though it wouldn't work well with items: Defective Amiibo Samus.
Are you talking about....
If you are, it definetely won't happen. (BUT OH SWEET LORD IT'D BE BADASS IF IT DID) Also does anyone else realize that we can totes mod pokemon, items, trophies, stickers, stuff like that. I for one would love to see Magikarp replace Goldeen and also.... AMIIBOS REPLACING ASSIST TROPHY! Seriously though, it'd be badass.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
And floating legless Peach?
And don't forget Invisible Link!
Are you talking about....
If you are, it definetely won't happen. (BUT OH SWEET LORD IT'D BE BADASS IF IT DID) Also does anyone else realize that we can totes mod pokemon, items, trophies, stickers, stuff like that. I for one would love to see Magikarp replace Goldeen and also.... AMIIBOS REPLACING ASSIST TROPHY! Seriously though, it'd be badass.
I don't think they'll be doing that... BUT WE ALL KNOW HOW AWESOME THAT WOULD BE. I've often wondered about what they can do in terms of what they can add versus what they can only replace, I'd LOVE to see Slippy as a useless assist trophy. If they ever add assist trophy characters and adapt them to the roster, they should totally replace them with Slips.
*cough playable Waluigi and Tingle cough*

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm hoping the next PM Update will be just as hype as 3.5

The people need their HD Congo Jungle and Saffron City remakes, their Melee Zelda/Sheik recolors, their extra Classic Pit colors, their Wedding Bowser/Dark Bowser skins, their Luigi alts, and new character animations ARE YOU LISTENING PMDT

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm hoping the next PM Update will be just as hype as 3.5

The people need their HD Congo Jungle and Saffron City remakes, their Melee Zelda/Sheik recolors, their extra Classic Pit colors, their Wedding Bowser/Dark Bowser skins, their Luigi alts, and new character animations ARE YOU LISTENING PMDT
YOU FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: ROY COSTUME!!
I don't really play Fire Emblem nor their characters in Smash, but I know it's still a necessity.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
YOU FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: ROY COSTUME!!
I don't really play Fire Emblem nor their characters in Smash, but I know it's still a necessity.
Oh, yeah. Roy costume.
I feel like they might re-do the Awakening Roy palette into an actual costume in the future, and make the extra 3 costume slots recolors

But on the other hand, I hope they don't do that.
Because they chose not to give Marth his Awakening costume and gave him the Holy War alt instead, it'd be nice if they just did the same for Roy. Replace the recolor with Leif Roy, and make the rest recolors of that costume.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Difference is, the Marth and Ike Awakening costumes aren't very popular. They made the right call by giving those two alts inspired by other FE characters. Roy's Awakening art on the other hand was very well received and has unsurprisingly been one of the most frequent alt requests for Project M. While a Leif costume would be neat for Roy, I'd say a proper Awakening alt and at least one recolor thereof should take priority.

Tangentially, Samus came up a bit ago. Phazon Suit recolor with a grey or black ZSS training suit alt to match?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Tangentially, Samus came up a bit ago. Phazon Suit recolor with a grey or black ZSS training suit alt to match?
Yeah, we mentioned that a bit, most of us thought it would be cool if the Project M team did something similar to what they did with the fusion suit: Replace the dark suit recolour with the Phazon Suit, and add a true dark suit. I think the currently dark suit Zero Suit fits the Phazon Suit better anyway.

Also, "Tangentially" sounds like a cool word that I should use more often.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Difference is, the Marth and Ike Awakening costumes aren't very popular. They made the right call by giving those two alts inspired by other FE characters. Roy's Awakening art on the other hand was very well received and has unsurprisingly been one of the most frequent alt requests for Project M. While a Leif costume would be neat for Roy, I'd say a proper Awakening alt and at least one recolor thereof should take priority.

Yeah, but the Leif alt fits better with the other two alts thematically, IMO. And didn't they say they wanted to do cosplays to represent the vast array of characters Fire Emblem has? They might do the same with Roy.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I'd agree with that. Dark training suit would also make more sense when paired with the Dark Suit since you have the dark suit/light suit duality that way.

Yeah, but the Leif alt fits better with the other two alts thematically, IMO. And didn't they say they wanted to do cosplays to represent the vast array of characters Fire Emblem has? They might do the same with Roy.
Like I said, it's entirely possible to do both - but I don't think Leif recolors should take priority over one, if not two variants on his Awakening alt. The Marth and Ike costumes are thematically fitting (Ike's in particular do an excellent job of referencing multiple characters) and there wasn't really anything else in demand for those two. That's only half true of Roy.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'd agree with that. Dark training suit would also make more sense when paired with the Dark Suit since you have the dark suit/light suit duality that way.

Like I said, it's entirely possible to do both - but I don't think Leif recolors should take priority over one, if not two variants on his Awakening alt. The Marth and Ike costumes are thematically fitting (Ike's in particular do an excellent job of referencing multiple characters) and there wasn't really anything else in demand for those two. That's only half true of Roy.
Wasn't Lord Ike fairly popular as a costume choice? I know at least a few people who were disappointed that it wasn't picked.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
People talking about Ike said:
Stuff about Ike.
Even though he's already in Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS, I'm really hoping for steroid Radiant Dawn Ike.
I'm only posting this as a steroid joke about Ike's beefy redesign.

What if they made Ike's black recolour resemble the Black Knight a bit more? They could add his helmet, and change the texture to add a bit more of the Black Knight's aesthetic. It'd be similar enough to be a semi-costume, using the same CSP pose 'n' everything!

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
SSB4 Ike is actually based off of Radiant Dawn, where he's had a few years to fill out and roughly matches his father's build in PoR. Speaking of which, I wonder if they'd consider revamping his slot 2 alt to better resemble Greil's colors?

Awakening Ike looks weird imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom