• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I did want Lord Ike, as a recolor.
At this point, I don't care. Ike has an alt that looks like the Black Knight and that's sweet.

But a Leif recolor is way cooler then Awakening Roy, because it references another character, a part of FE Ninty seems to forget, and because the other two got alts in the same way.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I did want Lord Ike, as a recolor.
At this point, I don't care. Ike has an alt that looks like the Black Knight and that's sweet.

But a Leif recolor is way cooler then Awakening Roy, because it references another character, a part of FE Ninty seems to forget, and because the other two got alts in the same way.

Ike's alt seems to closer resemble Hector's armor then the Black knight's imo

also Roy has a recolor referencing his appearance from FE:A so I don't see what's wrong with changing that into it's own solo alt and also giving him the Leif cosplay with recolors.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

also Roy has a recolor referencing his appearance from FE:A so I don't see what's wrong with changing that into it's own solo alt and also giving him the Leif cosplay with recolors.
While I would say that's a good idea, Roy's Leif costume wouldn't be able to get the 3 'essential' recolors, red, blue, and green.

He's only got 3 costume slots left, meaning one of them would be filled by the original.
Hence why I suggested the FE:A Roy recolor be replaced by the Leif alt.

MLGF

Smash Lord

It's a compilation and the Black alt is literally a copy of the black knight's palette.
And because Awakening is dumb :p, let's just take it out and give Leif a 4 set. It'd look better anyhow.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
It's a compilation and the Black alt is literally a copy of the black knight's palette.
And because Awakening is dumb :p, let's just take it out and give Leif a 4 set. It'd look better anyhow.
THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS!!
Even though I've never played it.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
While we're at it, can we at least get a mod that changes Roy's blue alt back to the way it looked in Melee with the bluer pants and the yellow cape? :D

EDIT: recently I've been really hyped for animation/move changes for different characters, this is the source of that hype. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61613.0
Best animation tweaks ever. I really hope PMDT does something similar in the future.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Roy's Awakening costume is objectively better than any other Roy costume suggestion that has been or will ever be made.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
What if they made Ike's black recolour resemble the Black Knight a bit more? They could add his helmet, and change the texture to add a bit more of the Black Knight's aesthetic. It'd be similar enough to be a semi-costume, using the same CSP pose 'n' everything!
YES. That is a fantastic suggestion.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That's both cool and creepy. What's the Kirby's Adventure one look like?
Boop, boop,

and boop.

If I get Cbliss working, I'm gonna use my version, Tock Knock's Samurai Meta Knight, and theDarkMysteryMan's Smash 4 Stock Meta Knight: Less purple, more black. Since my version of that Meta Knight has more purple, it'll help make a difference.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Boop, boop,

and boop.

If I get Cbliss working, I'm gonna use my version, Tock Knock's Samurai Meta Knight, and theDarkMysteryMan's Smash 4 Stock Meta Knight: Less purple, more black. Since my version of that Meta Knight has more purple, it'll help make a difference.
So it's a Classic Meta Knight.. That's actually brilliant. The lack of eyes is actually pretty friggin cool, and it makes this costume that much sweeter. I thi k I'd rather see this over a Cowboy Meta Knight skin (unless somebody makes a really sweet Cowboy MK skin..)

So I think next update there should be some move replacements.
Since 3.5 was all about Ganondorf, I think next update should buff Link.
Replace his dash attack with the jump attack from OoT, make his jab combo tbe B+B+B standard combo from OoT, make his Bair the Back Slasher hidden ability from Twilight Princess, and make his Nair the Helm Splitter from TP as well.

Also I think Link should be able to move around to an extent with his Bow drawn, like how Snake can walk/jump around with a primed grenade in his hand.

And finally, he needs the backflip animation from OoT for a back roll, and maybe there can be a way to include a forward roll that makes it seem like he's locked on to somebody and circling them.
Oh, and am I the only one who feels like there should be an audio cue for playing a song correctly on the Ocarina?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Also I think Link should be able to move around to an extent with his Bow drawn, like how Snake can walk/jump around with a primed grenade in his hand.

And finally, he needs the backflip animation from OoT for a back roll, and maybe there can be a way to include a forward roll that makes it seem like he's locked on to somebody and circling them.
Oh, and am I the only one who feels like there should be an audio cue for playing a song correctly on the Ocarina?
Quick question - are you a competitive player?
I'm totally down for Link moving with his bow out, though I'll bet a competitive player could take that idea apart and say why it stinks... I like the forward dodge idea, but the back dodge you suggested is in Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS and Wii U... And I really don't like it at all. Perhaps a backwards roll?
I had an idea that KingJigglypuff did for me, where tapping down-B on Falco does the Brawl-Shine, while holding it does the Melee-Shine.
Is this off-topic? I almost feel bad 'cause it's a little off-topic... But since we've had silence on this thread, and we probably won't go too deep into our ideas either, I like it.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Quick question - are you a competitive player?
I'm totally down for Link moving with his bow out, though I'll bet a competitive player could take that idea apart and say why it stinks... I like the forward dodge idea, but the back dodge you suggested is in Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS and Wii U... And I really don't like it at all. Perhaps a backwards roll?
I had an idea that KingJigglypuff did for me, where tapping down-B on Falco does the Brawl-Shine, while holding it does the Melee-Shine.
Is this off-topic? I almost feel bad 'cause it's a little off-topic... But since we've had silence on this thread, and we probably won't go too deep into our ideas either, I like it.
I've been in a few local tournies, so I guess you could say that.
I don't really see why that would be that big of an issue, it would be adding more mobility and power to Link.
Though I'll admit that some of that stuff is now in Smash 4, I still wanted it in Smash before we knew that it was gonna be in the new one.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I've been in a few local tournies, so I guess you could say that.
I don't really see why that would be that big of an issue, it would be adding more mobility and power to Link.
Though I'll admit that some of that stuff is now in Smash 4, I still wanted it in Smash before we knew that it was gonna be in the new one.
There are a lot of stuff I wanted that they added in the Fourth Smash too, haha. I don't see why it would be a big issue either, I love the idea, but some over-competetive people are all like "PLKJAAAAUILKUNBALAAAANCE!! NITPICKNITPICKNITPICK"... Would it include jumping? I think Toon Link should have a Peach-ish Ganondorf-ish float with the Deku Leaf. That'd be neat.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
There are a lot of stuff I wanted that they added in the Fourth Smash too, haha. I don't see why it would be a big issue either, I love the idea, but some over-competetive people are all like "PLKJAAAAUILKUNBALAAAANCE!! NITPICKNITPICKNITPICK"... Would it include jumping? I think Toon Link should have a Peach-ish Ganondorf-ish float with the Deku Leaf. That'd be neat.
Well, there was this cool idea in the Brawl Vault link I posted the other day that made his double-jump while moving forward a front flip.. But that was it.
And yeah I know, but as far as I know, Link isn't really used to his full potential, and at the moment all people do with him is juggle with bombs/boomerang.
I did post a thread to the Link discussion thread just now though. I'm curious what actual Link players are gonna say about it.
As for costumes, yeah, I think we've run out of costume options. Animation changes are where its at IMO.
Oh btw you gonna make your Meta Knight have a red cape?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Well, there was this cool idea in the Brawl Vault link I posted the other day that made his double-jump while moving forward a front flip.. But that was it.
And yeah I know, but as far as I know, Link isn't really used to his full potential, and at the moment all people do with him is juggle with bombs/boomerang.
I did post a thread to the Link discussion thread just now though. I'm curious what actual Link players are gonna say about it.
As for costumes, yeah, I think we've run out of costume options. Animation changes are where its at IMO.
Oh btw you gonna make your Meta Knight have a red cape?
Actually, I went ahead and removed the cape entirely, I might test it in a few days to see how well it works, removing objects has been prone to glitch. It worked for Tock Knock, so it should work for me. A nice significant change though, I think.

If you want a cape, I'll add it.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Oh yeah all them C-Rolls and Z-Flamingos and W-Stick Flinging and.. umm... i'm not a competitive player if you couldn't tell.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
If I knew more about rigging, and had skills, I'd replace the cape with permanent wings.
I do not have such skills.
My final version:
Oh yeah all them C-Rolls and Z-Flamingos and W-Stick Flinging and.. umm... i'm not a competitive player if you couldn't tell.
Me neither, I actually thought for a moment that those were real thingies, haha.
Ever tried "wavedashing"? I've never done it productively, but it's super fun on the infinite glacier.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
If I knew more about rigging, and had skills, I'd replace the cape with permanent wings.
My final version:
Me neither, I actually thought for a moment that those were real thingies, haha.
Ever tried "wavedashing"? I've never done it productively, but it's super fun on the infinite glacier.
Idk I feel like a red cape would look good on him, since that's what his little outside-game render gives him. But just test it to see how it looks.

Also maybe his shoulder pads should be the same color as his mask, and make his M symbol that shade of purple.

And I guess make the blade yellower..

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
My final version:
That's actually a REALLY GOOD classic MK. Please release it now. NOW.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Permanent wings almost never look good, if I'm being honest with you.
Thanks for telling me before I had to find out the hard way, haha!
That's actually a REALLY GOOD classic MK. Please release it now. NOW.
Daw, your flattering compliments and strange forceful attitude (and it's my CHRISTMAS GIFT TO YOU ALL!!) has persuaded me! I have yet to create a Battle Portrait and Stock Icon for it though, so until I do, (which, duh, I'll do,) you'll have to use your own, here you go! Since it kinda goes under the semi-costume category, I'll be making default-esque CSP's: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/FOR YOU

Warning! I just plopped the junk in, and it's COMPLETELY UNTESTED!! Didn't get to use it once, it's Christmas, Hallelujah Jesus, I included textures with other versions, but I HIGHLY suggest FitMetaknight032. Like, freakin' highly, super highly. I also originally planned for the sword to have a purple jewel, but I changed my mind and went back to red... So one of the CSP's is out of date.

Oh, but gotta give credit where credit's due, VoluptuousMeat did the model work, I removed the cape and did a bunch of texture work.
And I HIGHLY suggest TheDarkMysteryMan's Smash 4 Meta Knight: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wujxc3d2oigzt5/Smash 4 Colored MetaKnight.rar?dl=0
I made my model more purple... So if you choose the capéd version, TheDarkMysteryMan's textures will draw a bigger difference between default Meta Knight and Classic Meta Knight.

Well, back on topic. I miss Luigi's stink-palette swap, the one with gross-yellow skin and gloves and Ice Climber's orange palette swap. AlGeorgeRomo did a great one, but I want to see a stock CSP for it.

Oh, and I'm gonna see if I can make a true Daisy costume for Peach.
Fact: I cannot. I am lazy.
I tried to do a legit quickdraw Kirby. It almost worked, but I'm so bad at rigging.
: [

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I say, I say... why it is Christmas day~!
Much praise for JOE! and his poems, HORRAY~!

I come here in spirit and in joyful Christmas cheer.
I've also come to suggest a Falco alt for next year.

He is stubborn and rude, and hates upper tiers.
Why, it is Grinch Flaco and his non-holiday cheer!

There will be no hands on his bread, and Land Masters for days...
So PMDT, please do this. YOU WILL HAVE ALL OF MY PRAISE!!!

Merry Christmas everyone, and have a wonderful day!

Shin F.

Smash Master
I say, I say... why it is Christmas day~!
Much praise for JOE! and his poems, HORRAY~!

I come here in spirit and in joyful Christmas cheer.
I've also come to suggest a Falco alt for next year.

He is stubborn and rude, and hates upper tiers.
Why, it is Grinch Flaco and his non-holiday cheer!

There will be no hands on his bread, and Land Masters for days...
So PMDT, please do this. YOU WILL HAVE ALL OF MY PRAISE!!!

Merry Christmas everyone, and have a wonderful day!
This would be the best thing ever. The salt would be so amazing with a costume like this.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Merry Christmas to all of you!!

Also after putting some thought into it, @ Nefnoj Nefnoj your original design for Classic Meta Knight was the best design. :p
Embarrass :laugh:
And a Happy New Year!
Is it me, or is it kind of depressing that we're spending time on this thread instead of with our friends and families?

lol jk

Mine're all napping while I party it out. With my new Gamecube controller PC adapter be jealous.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm with my family at the moment, we're just chilling :p and there's not many other social sites I want to go on. HahaHaha

And I'd be jealous if I had a Wii U and Sm4sh

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Got my cat some catnip for Christmas, he's been doing nothing for the past hour but randomly jumping on my bed, leaving to wander and loop every 3 minutes.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Looks like y'all gnarly scrubs are treating this sacred place as a Christmas Social Thread.

I don't mind, but a mod might. Try to keep posts a little relevant.

MAID LUCAS FOR PM 4.0

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Looks like y'all gnarly scrubs are treating this sacred place as a Christmas Social Thread.

I don't mind, but a mod might. Try to keep posts a little relevant.

MAID LUCAS FOR PM 4.0
Anytime I post off-topic, I always try and include something on-topic, and keep the off-topic stuff silent.

OH CRAP I FORGOT TO IN MY LAST POST KILL ME NOW.
For some reason... I can see Maid Lucas. And it sounds adorbs.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Maid Wario. Imagine the kawaiiness.
SOMEONE WHO CAN ART, WE NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!! MAKE THIS A THING!!

Hey guys, costume related! What do people think about costume effects? Like how Peach's Shadow Queen costume has darkness, and her fire swap has fire? If anything, I think:
  • Fire Mario and Fire Luigi need fire effects, for their standard attacks,
  • Dry Bowser needs Aura effects,
  • Ice Climbers need ice effects for all their attacks
  • Yoshi's yellow, red, and blue palette swaps need camera-shakey, firey, and wingy effects, respectively, akin to Super Mario world, there's a mod out there that does that,
  • Samus', for her Dark Suit, Gravity Suit, Power Suit, Light Suit, and Fusion suit, needs darkness, electricity, green fire, magic, and more electricity, representing the dark beam, wave beam, plasma/nova beam, light beam, and, again, the wave beam, respectively.
  • Dark Pit's attacks needs darkness!
  • Mewtwo's armor needs electricity?
  • Black Gi Lucario needs darkness?
  • Ike and Roy's team colours should have green fire, fire, and aura, for each team?
  • Mr. Game & Watch needs bubbles for his standard attacks?
  • Pink Captain Falcon (Captain Fabulous) needs magic or hearts for all his attacks, and his up-taunt needs singy-songy notes from Peach or Jigglypuffs
Also, Mr. Game & Watch needs his parachute in fire back, with water effects on the fishbowl, and Ice Climbers need a 1% chance of freezing for every attack. *Cough*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom