• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Yes, he needs to have a normal red costume. PMDT's made a policy of ensuring that costumes which are used for Team colors use the same model as the default.

Just the ones that have Red, Blue, and Green colors for them. If they don't have recolors, they can't be used for teams. (At least in 3.5)
Aw bumer :(, it would be just so cool though... Is there really no possible way I could get one? Brawl vault doesn't have any costumes like that, so I guess I just have to make one myself or something.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Aw bumer :(, it would be just so cool though... Is there really no possible way I could get one? Brawl vault doesn't have any costumes like that, so I guess I just have to make one myself or something.
You may be able to request something in Customized Content. Although, I'm guessing a little here

Shin F.

Smash Master
Elaborate and answer my questions posthaste good sir
So demanding!

Take Link, for instance. He has his OoT costume, which has red and blue recolors. He has a green costume, a blue one, and a red one, so PMDT coded them as Team Colors. Just switch costumes as normal during Team battles.

Now take Samus. She has three unique alt costumes, none of which can be used as Team costume. Why? Because they don't have a Green, Red and Blue colors. The Fusion Suit would make a good Blue team costume, but they're not going to code it as one unless it also has corresponding Green and Red Team costumes.

Edit for your edit: Any of the characters with red, blue and green colors on their alts can be used for Team battles with them.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Elaborate and answer my questions posthaste good sir

Edit: Ninja'd. But still, how do you alternate between the normal and alt costumes for characters who can? Moreover, is there a list of characters that can do this?? @ Shin F. Shin F. I hate to tag you but I don't want to double post. ><
When on a team,just scroll through the ordinary costume colors;the alt set will then come up.
Also,not very many can do that,cause not many have 3 color variants on their alts.
I know DDD,DK,and probably Mario can.

The OP now has an * for alt costumes that have a team color set.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
So demanding!

Take Link, for instance. He has his OoT costume, which has red and blue recolors. He has a green costume, a blue one, and a red one, so PMDT coded them as Team Colors. Just switch costumes as normal during Team battles.

Now take Samus. She has three unique alt costumes, none of which can be used as Team costume. Why? Because they don't have a Green, Red and Blue colors. The Fusion Suit would make a good Blue team costume, but they're not going to code it as one unless it also has corresponding Green and Red Team costumes.
Thank you! Sorry I just realized how incessant I was being haha. So Justin Bailey wouldn't be able to get in unless there were blue and green variants of the costume then, correct? I swore Marth could do it--does his Sigurd alt have different colors as well? I think his Sigurd alt was allowed for Blue Team. PMDT logic is so weird sometimes haha, if the character is primarily red, blue, or green, they should be allowed in! Justin Bailey is an ideal candidate, and is prettier.
When on a team,just scroll through the ordinary costume colors;the alt set will then come up.
Also,not very many can do that,cause not many have 3 color variants on their alts.
I know DDD,DK,and probably Mario can.

The OP now has an * for alt costumes that have a team color set.
Thanks for responding as well! I thought you had to press L or something haha. It would be nice to have more alts for teams, like I said above. VARIETY

Shin F.

Smash Master
Thank you! Sorry I just realized how incessant I was being haha. So Justin Bailey wouldn't be able to get in unless there were blue and green variants of the costume then, correct? I swore Marth could do it--does his Sigurd alt have different colors as well? I think his Sigurd alt was allowed for Blue Team. PMDT logic is so weird sometimes haha, if the character is primarily red, blue, or green, they should be allowed in! Justin Bailey is an ideal candidate, and is prettier.

Thanks for responding as well! I thought you had to press L or something haha. It would be nice to have more alts for teams, like I said above. VARIETY
His Sigurd alt has team colors, yeah. As does Armored Ike.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
So does that mean it's possible to add yoshi as an alternate team color? Or not possible?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
So does that mean it's possible to add yoshi as an alternate team color? Or not possible?
You can overwrite any costume manually with a bit of hacking;that includes team ones.
But i have no idea if anyone other than the PMDT knows how to add more than one set of costumes for teams.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
ok, I have another idea, what about if we have a blaziken cosplay by captain falcon? There could be fire effects when he uses the knee. Like, his pants could be yellow on the bottom and red on the top part, and his helmet could have long feathers sticking from the back. Just an idea that probably won't be possible, but if there's an interest, I hope it could be in.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Someone asked for a list of Alts that are available in Doubles.

What do you think our OP is for, eh?

Anyone marked with a " * " under the renders list has recolors fit for team battles.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Does Samus even have a recognizable green suit? I can't think of one outside appearing outside of Smash.
Green Samus Suit pretty much originated in Smash haha. I LOVE the Melee color. Too bad Zero Suit doesn't have a color like that. Maybe an emerald green Zero Shorts Samus would work??

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I love the Metroid Prime 2 hunters recolours.... And was quite put out when the blue Samus in 3.5 was more akin to Dark Samus than the recolour with the orangey bits... Oh well, thank goodness for the magic of texture hacking!

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
No.

Akuma isn't Nintendo, and has NO relation to Yoshi what so ever.
I agree but have to point out that if thats the case what does Shinobi Squirtle have to with anything? (And I know fighter Lucario has the focus band and whatnot but he does stand out as a Ryu themed costume to some)

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I believe there's one in Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer mode, but that's pretty much it.
Oh yea, why didn't they ever use the MP2 green samus? I personally think it looks much better than the smash green.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I agree but have to point out that if thats the case what does Shinobi Squirtle have to with anything? (And I know fighter Lucario has the focus band and whatnot but he does stand out as a Ryu themed costume to some)
Ninja Squirtle is more original.

We wont give Yoshi a Ryu costume. Thats crazy. We will NOT reference games outside Nintendo (and Sega) in Project M, and we will NOT change the character's identity. How many times does this need to be said?

So no. You will not be getting Mega Pokemon. You will not be getting Pichu over Pikachu. You will not be Mr. Freeze over Olimar. I'm tired of the spammy ideas that I see all the time in here.

[/rant]

Oh, and Lucario is referring to the Black Belt trainer
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/81/XY_Black_Belt.png

Its just a coincidence that they look like Ryu.

MagicManNo9

We wont give Yoshi a Ryu costume. Thats crazy. We will NOT reference games outside Nintendo (and Sega) in Project M, and we will NOT change the character's identity. How many times does this need to be said?

So no. You will not be getting Mega Pokemon. You will not be getting Pichu over Pikachu. You will not be Mr. Freeze over Olimar. I'm tired of the spammy ideas that I see all the time in here.

[/rant]

Wow, I wasn't even trying to start an argument, I was just pointing the fact that ninja Squirtle is an 'original costume' that doesn't reference anything at all, I wasn't even asking for a Yoshi Ryu costume and I 100% understand what costumes can and cannot get in.

I know Mega Pokémon won't get it, that was said before.
I know Pichu skin won't get it, that was said before.

So I don't understand why you have to rant out on me for it, it's been mentioned before by plenty of people as well as myself, I understand the "spammy" ideas would build up and annoy you but I don't think I should be lashed out for it... I apologise if I sound rude and I respect your work Nanobuds but still...

All I was going to say was that Ninja Squirtle is "original" and I was simply curious about why was all.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Wow, I wasn't even trying to start an argument, I was just pointing the fact that ninja Squirtle is an 'original costume' that doesn't reference anything at all, I wasn't even asking for a Yoshi Ryu costume and I 100% understand what costumes can and cannot get in.

So I don't understand why you have to rant out on me for it, it's been mentioned before by plenty of people as well as myself, I understand the "spammy" ideas would build up and annoy you but I don't think I should be lashed out for it... I apologise if I sound rude and I respect your work Nanobuds but still...

All I was going to say was that Ninja Squirtle is "original" and I was simply curious about why was all.

[/rant]

chill fam chill

Nanobuds

Smash Ace

The rant wasnt directed toward you, but the people who come in here and suggest ridiculous ideas, after the "rules" and info about alts have been out for over a year now.

I quoted you to explain Squirtle's and Lucario's costumes... but it just kinda got me going on a rant.

Again, it wasnt directed to you. I apologize if it seemed like it was. I'm really sorry.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

The rant wasnt directed toward you, but the people who come in here and suggest ridiculous ideas, after the "rules" and info have been out for over a year now.

I quoted you to explain Squirtle's and Lucario's costumes... but it just kinda got me going on a rant.

Again, it wasn't directed to you. I apologize if it seemed like it was. I'm really sorry.
Oh it's okay, I must apologize as well also for taking it the wrong way, I understand now and don't blame you for it haha, there are indeed some ideas that go wayyy of topic at times.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
The rant wasnt directed toward you, but the people who come in here and suggest ridiculous ideas, after the "rules" and info about alts have been out for over a year now.

Again, it wasnt directed to you. I apologize if it seemed like it was. I'm really sorry.
well then I think we all need some...... MEOWSER!!!!! (plz i want it so bad)

seanbb

Smash Cadet
I've found a beautiful alt for rob
It would be nice if one day will be available on PM
Really broken ROB

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Patamon alt for Pikachu.
hate meeeeee
Patamon. Guffaw.
So this half-answers my question, Ninja Squirtle is just an original idea, not a reference to anything? At all? Not even a subtle reference? To, like, four certain turtles who are also ninjas or whatever.... One person said he hoped it was a subtle reference to Greninja.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
How about some Super Arrow cos-play for C.Falcon?
I don't care about Super Arrow(I think he's a dork)but it'd be funny to see Falcon wearing his winged cap.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I've found a beautiful alt for rob
It would be nice if one day will be available on PM
Really broken ROB
It's.. A brown R.O.B?
Oh, I get it, it's missing some pieces and it's light and eye are broken. Sweet!
It could fit in a costume slot along with a Wii ROB costume and an Atomic Purple see-thru ROB costume.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
It's.. A brown R.O.B?
Oh, I get it, it's missing some pieces and it's light and eye are broken. Sweet!
It could fit in a costume slot along with a Wii ROB costume and an Atomic Purple see-thru ROB costume.
ATOMIC PURPLE SEE-THROUGH?!! OH MAN, YOU'RE A GENIUS!! SOMEBODY, GET THIS GUY A PROMOTION!! Should it just be a slightly transparent recolour, same CSP pose and everything? I think it should be, fits in the whole "Give everyone a purple palette" thing that Project M's doin'. Which I love.

Also... A Gamecube R.O.B to accompany the Wii counterpart would be appropriate, given the Melee glory in Project M, some Gamecube worship would be good. Normally I'd want an N64 version in addition, with the first Super Smash Bros. inside, but then we'd be past our limit of ten.

Also, guys, we should make silver the default colour for everyone not in Japan and make green R.O.B's cord blue. It's only just.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
ATOMIC PURPLE SEE-THROUGH?!! OH MAN, YOU'RE A GENIUS!! SOMEBODY, GET THIS GUY A PROMOTION!! Should it just be a slightly transparent recolour, same CSP pose and everything? I think it should be, fits in the whole "Give everyone a purple palette" thing that Project M's doin'. Which I love.
That would be really cool. Might be tricky to figure out how to get it to work. You'd not be able to just make it a recolor, I think. You'd probably need to add some parts and circuits inside of him since he'd be see-through. Could be considered a complex recolor like the Sonic cosplays, though, with the base model being unchanged and just adjusting it some.

In any case, I'd love to see it, if it can be pulled off.

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
It's.. A brown R.O.B?
My first GBC was atomic purple! This is a reference and a half! I would love to see this done.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Atomic Purple Game Boy or Atomic Purple N64? Considering R.O.B.'s representation with home consoles (NES/Famicom) and 'handhelds' (Virtual Boy) making an alt of either would fit. Personally though, I'd like to see more console based costumes to go along with Tock's Wii alt.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That would be really cool. Might be tricky to figure out how to get it to work. You'd not be able to just make it a recolor, I think. You'd probably need to add some parts and circuits inside of him since he'd be see-through. Could be considered a complex recolor like the Sonic cosplays, though, with the base model being unchanged and just adjusting it some.

In any case, I'd love to see it, if it can be pulled off.
It could be just as simple as making a circuit-board recolour with a purple filter over it... Though I agree, a "complex recolor", as you put it, (nice wording, I'm taking notes...) would be best, easily done without going past the polygon limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom