• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I like it. I know officially it's not a Greninja reference, but I like to see it that way.

Still hoping for Sailor Squirtle at some point, dressed up like the Sailor Trainers in the games. Still might make it myself if it doesn't happen.
Is it a reference to anything at all? Most of Project M's work is a reference to something or another, like how Lucario's design is based off fighter items, the trainer class, and his Pokémon type, where Squirtle... Is awesome, but not based on anything.

Unless it's a subtle nod to Ninja Turtles, in which case, I don't know what to do.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Sorry Shin, it's hard to focus on being a ninja while being emo.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hey Shin F.... Your profile picture is new, are you making a new Ninten?
I really do hope so....I wanna put in PM as an alt costume maybe...
Well, the render came from somewhere, didn't it? :p

It'll be on the vault once it's finished. I mean, technically, it's already working in-game, but I'm still making some adjustments.

In the meantime, the render's in my sig as usual if you want it.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I have been looking for you renders for a while now, and it's been in front of my face the entire time. lol, Thanks Shin! :D

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas

It'll be on the vault once it's finished. I mean, technically, it's already working in-game, but I'm still making some adjustments.

It looks freakin awesome! Can't wait to use it.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
So, S/O to Shin for making a Woof Wolf concept of mine into reality through the work of modding magic. <3
Thought I'd share it with the Costume Thread dwellers.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
So, S/O to Shin for making a Woof Wolf concept of mine into reality through the work of modding magic. <3
Thought I'd share it with the Costume Thread dwellers.
Lol, thanks for that Psy, but all I did was recolor PMDT's Wolf the colors you came up with, so I really had very little hand in that.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
THE BOOTS SHINE SHIN.
THEY SHINE.
Making stuff shine is the most satisfying, yet most easy things to do. I made a texture hack for Captain Falcon's pink costume replacing the Falcon logo on the back with a big heart that says "Captain FABULOUS"... And I made his whole suit SUPER SHINY.

Oh, and nice recolour!

YAY!! Curious, how are you doing the head? I go by the same strict rules as this thread in terms of costume, so I'll usually edit my mods to make them more akin to the original character, for instance, I made TOCK KNOCK'S Funky Kong costume have Donkey Kong fur and the bandana has the DK logo.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Making stuff shine is the most satisfying, yet most easy things to do. I made a texture hack for Captain Falcon's pink costume replacing the Falcon logo on the back with a big heart that says "Captain FABULOUS"... And I made his whole suit SUPER SHINY.

Oh, and nice recolour!

YAY!! Curious, how are you doing the head? I go by the same strict rules as this thread in terms of costume, so I'll usually edit my mods to make them more akin to the original character, for instance, I made TOCK KNOCK'S Funky Kong costume have Donkey Kong fur and the bandana has the DK logo.
I'm not good with faces, so it's just Ness'. His bangs in the front are a bit different, and obviously his hat is different. I also edited the eye's UVs and textures a bit so the eyes aren't mirrored any more, so that I can have the indent on the same side.
FitNinten_Eye.00.png
Other than those things, it's the same. You could easily look at it as Ness with combed hair and contacts cosplaying as Ninten if you wanted to.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm not good with faces, so it's just Ness'. His bangs in the front are a bit different, and obviously his hat is different. I also edited the eye's UVs and textures a bit so the eyes aren't mirrored any more, so that I can have the indent on the same side.
Other than those things, it's the same. You could easily look at it as Ness with combed hair and contacts cosplaying as Ninten if you wanted to.
AWESOME. That's why I like your Ninten better than the others out there (other than the high quality of course), very Nessy but not TOO Nessy. Ten outta ten.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hey, guys. You know how Ness imports have messed up Final Smash eyes? I accidentally figured out how to fix them (sometimes... doesn't always work the same) with one of my Ninten imports a while back, so I figured I'd fix them for Pajamas Ness as well. It's a little thing, but I figured I should share, so I put it on the vault and decided to tell you guys about it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207070

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
AWESOME. That's why I like your Ninten better than the others out there (other than the high quality of course), very Nessy but not TOO Nessy. Ten outta ten.
More like NINTEN out of ten!

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey, guys. You know how Ness imports have messed up Final Smash eyes? I accidentally figured out how to fix them (sometimes... doesn't always work the same) with one of my Ninten imports a while back, so I figured I'd fix them for Pajamas Ness as well. It's a little thing, but I figured I should share, so I put it on the vault and decided to tell you guys about it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207070
I love you.

Last edited:

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice

Oh, and nice recolour!

Could you share that DK?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Could you share that DK?
For you, my Smashboards brother... I do so. As seen from your profile, you're quite the fan of Donkey Kong, aren't you? Haha.
Warning; the zip is not organized at all, everything is sorta plopped in there.

Oh, and by the way, you guys might be interested. Mewtwo2000 released a fixed Justin Bailey.
Would someone be willing to explain to me the appeal of rim-lighting? I don't like it, but I don't know why.

Also... We've all speculated on what the final costume for Samus would be, a lot of favour towards a true dark suit and the PED suit... But what would the zero suit for them look like? Perhaps a true dark suit could have a black version of the light zero-suit.

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
For you, my Smashboards brother... I do so. As seen from your profile, you're quite the fan of Donkey Kong, aren't you? Haha.

Oh, and by the way, you guys might be interested. Mewtwo2000 released a fixed Justin Bailey.
Would someone be willing to explain to me the appeal of rim-lighting? I don't like it, but I don't know why.

Also... We've all speculated on what the final costume for Samus would be, a lot of favour towards a true dark suit and the PED suit... But what would the zero suit for them look like? Perhaps a true dark suit could have a black version of the light zero-suit.
YES ON BOTH OF THESE and nah I don't even play DK I just thought the DK flair would be funny lmao

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas

dark samus cosplay including maybe changed effects maybe maybe

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

Can we see pics of the updated Justin Bailey Samus?

Also I've figured that if they made a true Dark Suit alt, they could just use the Super Metroid ending Samus, and replace the Dark suit colors with the Phazon Suit colors.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Even though yoshi isn't getting anymore costumes, I could suggest Akuma yoshi; the one shown on the Amsa shirt. Do we really need anything else? REPLACING the red one of course :)

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Even though yoshi isn't getting anymore costumes, I could suggest Akuma yoshi; the one shown on the Amsa shirt. Do we really need anything else? REPLACING the red one of course :)
No.

Akuma isn't Nintendo, and has NO relation to Yoshi what so ever.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
What's this "Akuma Amsa" stuff you're talkin' about?
Here: http://teespring.com/amsa

Basically, in the melee victory screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM_Trij7LrI&feature=youtu.be&t=2m36s at 2:37, yoshi looks like akuma and that's where the shirt idea came from, so if one of his costumes had akuma hair and the symbol on his back (the red one) we could get that costume on yoshi. It would be really cool; does yoshi really need to have a normal red costume anyway?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64

Basically, in the melee victory screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM_Trij7LrI&feature=youtu.be&t=2m36s at 2:37, yoshi looks like akuma and that's where the shirt idea came from, so if one of his costumes had akuma hair and the symbol on his back (the red one) we could get that costume on yoshi. It would be really cool; does yoshi really need to have a normal red costume anyway?
Well for teams, yes, but you could argue if the costume's still primarily red it could be used.

Another note, which characters can be on teams but play in their alternate costumes, and how exactly do you do that? I know Marth can, Justin Bailey Zero Suit should be allowed as an alt for red team

Shin F.

Smash Master

Yes, he needs to have a normal red costume. PMDT's made a policy of ensuring that costumes which are used for Team colors use the same model as the default.
Well for teams, yes, but you could argue if the costume's still primarily red it could be used.

Another note, which characters can be on teams but play in their alternate costumes, and how exactly do you do that? I know Marth can, Justin Bailey Zero Suit should be allowed as an alt for red team
Just the ones that have Red, Blue, and Green colors for them. If they don't have recolors, they can't be used for teams. (At least in 3.5)

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Yes, he needs to have a normal red costume. PMDT's made a policy of ensuring that costumes which are used for Team colors use the same model as the default.

Just the ones that have Red, Blue, and Green colors for them.
Elaborate and answer my questions posthaste good sir

Edit: Ninja'd. But still, how do you alternate between the normal and alt costumes for characters who can? Moreover, is there a list of characters that can do this?? @ Shin F. Shin F. I hate to tag you but I don't want to double post. ><

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom