• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I can't remember: has anyone brought up Fire Sonic, from Super Mario Bros Z? Should be pretty simple to add some fire flags to one of his costumes.
I remember watching that a long time ago, it was a kickass fanfiction.

I'm sure it can't be official though. It's something the modding community would feel right at home doing, at least.

ScrubKing

Smash Rookie
With a Brawl-Styled remodel, hell yes!
I'm actually surprised no brought this up in the last hundred pages or so. I think this will be a great alternate costume/color for Bowser. Though it may be difficult for the PMBR art team to accurately replicate these colors for Bowser, I think it well be well worth the effort considering the costume/color itself would be a great throwback to one of Mario's most beloved games.

ScrubKing

Smash Rookie
From Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
That is an excellent suggestion. This is also from the same movie:

Also, are we planning on making a new thread? Or are we sticking with this one? I say we already covered most of the potential costumes for each character. Is there really a need for a new thread?

Marthmario

Smash Lord
That is an excellent suggestion. This is also from the same movie:

Also, are we planning on making a new thread? Or are we sticking with this one? I say we already covered most of the potential costumes for each character. Is there really a need for a new thread?
I mean maybe. :/ This thread is practically abandoned.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I mean maybe. :/ This thread is practically abandoned.
As stated, most of the possible costumes have been talked about. All we can really do is wait for new costumes to be announced and then we can talk about them. Making a new thread won't change the fact that this thread is dead.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Yeah, his outfit from the SNES F-Zero was considered the best option.

There literally isn't a character we haven't gone over yet, and most people seem to agree on the best outfit for a character too.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
How about Lucina's great lord outfit for Marth? Considering they wear the same clothes I think it would make sense.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Even if there're no real new costume ideas now there's a good chance that the characters that will be added whomever they are will have options for alt costumes to be discussed here.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Currently working on compiling most of the alts in this thread. Why? Cause I'm bored. But I'm on page 25 :D

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
how about giving sonic his sonic boom scarf and sports bandages around the hands and feet and call it a alternate costume? I don't think any bone edits are necessary.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I understand its their gane and all that, and thy can do things however they please, but its unfortunate the PMBR wont do mega evolutions.

technically, even after it evolves a pokemon is the same being. Only thing that changes is its appearance- expecially with mega evolution. Its like saying Sonic and super sonic are different people o:

Butttt, who am i. :c

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I understand its their gane and all that, and thy can do things however they please, but its unfortunate the PMBR wont do mega evolutions.

technically, even after it evolves a pokemon is the same being. Only thing that changes is its appearance- expecially with mega evolution. Its like saying Sonic and super sonic are different people o:

You are the son of Kratos.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

Mega Evolution is exactly like Super Sonic. It's a powered up form of the character. Alt costumes do not power up the character up, they change the appearance but not their level power. The only real exception I see to this rule is Shadow Peach and while it is a cool costume it breaks a lot of the rules that the PMBR created. Also how do we know that the PMBR isn't trying to make Charizard's final smash Mega Charizard X or Y

Rage83

Smash Ace
What about Mewtwo clone versions for the pokemon? If nothing else, you could put it on one of the many hat alts...
Uh, the Smash pokes have always been intended to be generic versions of their species. :p
Mega Evolution is exactly like Super Sonic. It's a powered up form of the character. Alt costumes do not power up the character up, they change the appearance but not their level power. The only real exception I see to this rule is Shadow Peach and while it is a cool costume it breaks a lot of the rules that the PMBR created. Also how do we know that the PMBR isn't trying to make Charizard's final smash Mega Charizard X or Y
How does Shadow Queen Peach break a lot of the alt costume rules? Yes, I will give that it is the demon Shadow Queen possessing Peach, but there are some technicalities to it. That version of Peach used a generic sound clip set to speak, not hers or the Shadow Queen's ones. Also, the Shadow Queen was limited to Peach's abilities while it posessed her. There's the whole "It's Peach being controlled" thing too.

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
(None of this is meant to be sassy, sorry if it comes off that way! :c)

Well, I figured they wouldnt make it a mega evolution because they are focused on tourny stuff, which doesnt use final smash. Dont get me wrong, it would be HYPE if that was the case though :D

While I see your pointon the costumes being just different costumes and not "powered up" versions, but I guess I just dont mind that :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom