• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Uh, the Smash pokes have always been intended to be generic versions of their species. :p

How does Shadow Queen Peach break a lot of the alt costume rules? Yes, I will give that it is the demon Shadow Queen possessing Peach, but there are some technicalities to it. That version of Peach used a generic sound clip set to speak, not hers or the Shadow Queen's ones. Also, the Shadow Queen was limited to Peach's abilities while it posessed her. There's the whole "It's Peach being controlled" thing too.
mewtwo has the mewtwo armor, specifically from that movie. Well, ****, guess we gotta get rid of mewtwo armor. ALRIGHT, GUYS YOU HEARD THEM, NO MORE MEWTWO ARMOR!
Sarcasm aside, does a whole costume need to be devoted to mewtwo clones? No. I just think it would be good for something LIKE the pirate hat pikachu or crown jigglypuff to make them look a bit more different from their original forms. Heck, bigglypuff (the stripes not the size) would be interesting for jiggz with a crown.
I'm against the whole "OMG HE'S POWERED UP, WE CAN'T HAVE A POWERED UP OUTFIT BECAUSE REASONS! WAAAAAAAHAHHHHHH" bull**** I see here. Powered up versions fit the very specific restrictions they have.
"WHAT! WE CAN'T HAVE A YELLOW SONIC, HE'S SUPER! ROAOAORORORAOR!" Yes... yes you can have a sonic that just happens to look like super sonic without the quills up....
If we are so stubborn about having absolutely no powered up forms then mario's fire outfit, white dk, practically all of link, fire peach, and a lot more in game textures have to be eliminated right now. Do you want that?

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
*editted* double post. ><;

But seriously, if the powered up form has to many model changes, yeah i could see that. But I don't think we should take the option away.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Uh, the Smash pokes have always been intended to be generic versions of their species. :p

How does Shadow Queen Peach break a lot of the alt costume rules? Yes, I will give that it is the demon Shadow Queen possessing Peach, but there are some technicalities to it. That version of Peach used a generic sound clip set to speak, not hers or the Shadow Queen's ones. Also, the Shadow Queen was limited to Peach's abilities while it posessed her. There's the whole "It's Peach being controlled" thing too.
Peach could not put everyone around Rogueport into giant orbs of dark, or shoot lightning. Shadow Queen also had a bunch of other powers that I forgot about. Yes, she did have magic, but it wasn't as powerful as the Shadow Queen. However you're right about the rest, my apologies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
mewtwo has the mewtwo armor, specifically from that movie. Well, ****, guess we gotta get rid of mewtwo armor. ALRIGHT, GUYS YOU HEARD THEM, NO MORE MEWTWO ARMOR!
Sarcasm aside, does a whole costume need to be devoted to mewtwo clones? No. I just think it would be good for something LIKE the pirate hat pikachu or crown jigglypuff to make them look a bit more different from their original forms. Heck, bigglypuff (the stripes not the size) would be interesting for jiggz with a crown.
I'm against the whole "OMG HE'S POWERED UP, WE CAN'T HAVE A POWERED UP OUTFIT BECAUSE REASONS! WAAAAAAAHAHHHHHH" bull**** I see here. Powered up versions fit the very specific restrictions they have.
"WHAT! WE CAN'T HAVE A YELLOW SONIC, HE'S SUPER! ROAOAORORORAOR!" Yes... yes you can have a sonic that just happens to look like super sonic without the quills up....
If we are so stubborn about having absolutely no powered up forms then mario's fire outfit, white dk, practically all of link, fire peach, and a lot more in game textures have to be eliminated right now. Do you want that?
Fire Mario doesn't power Mario up because all it does is give him a fire ball ability, which Mario naturally has in Smash Bros. White DK came AFTER Brawl, those tunics Link wears don't protect him from fire, they help him survive the heat and allow him to breathe underwater. Fire Peach changes her heart moves to fire moves, that's like a cosmetic power up, right?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Fire Mario doesn't power Mario up because all it does is give him a fire ball ability, which Mario naturally has in Smash Bros. White DK came AFTER Brawl, those tunics Link wears don't protect him from fire, they help him survive the heat and allow him to breathe underwater. Fire Peach changes her heart moves to fire moves, that's like a cosmetic power up, right?
This. Also, Yellow Sonic can easily be just a Sonic who happened to dye his fur yellow.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
that's still a power up. fire Mario and peach are able to survive more, and do more attacks; hence, a powerup. Same as super sonic.
Just do what brawl does, and put them in a powered up costume with no power ups.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
that's still a power up. fire Mario and peach are able to survive more, and do more attacks; hence, a powerup. Same as super sonic.
Just do what brawl does, and put them in a powered up costume with no power ups.
I can dig that, actually.

Not sure if I've brought it up before or anything, but it would be neat to have a recolor of normal Lucas wearing a DCMC shirt.
Someone suggested that he also have the pamphlet instead of his stick.

Fortress

Smash Master
I'd be for it.
I'm running a pretty solid Mewtwo2000 (I think) Ganondorf and Sheik from Melee/Ocarina, but I'd really love to see one done official justice by the PMBR.

Also, I can't find him anywhere anymore, but Discodorf. He's Meleedorf but with white armor with gold accents. I cannot find him. At all. If the PMBR does consider Meleedorf, consider Discodorf.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I know this was shot down a while ago but I really think that this will work (and probably require some creative liberties.)

Shin F's Robot Ness texture on kc-mm reminded me of this.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Any word on Meleedorf/Sheik? I'm surprised that such safe options aren't being mentioned.
These have been mentioned multiple times and are actually the most discussed aside from anything Samus related and Dr. Luigi.

I know this was shot down a while ago but I really think that this will work (and probably require some creative liberties.)

Shin F's Robot Ness texture on kc-mm reminded me of this.
Actually no, everyone kept saying that this was awesome. I think it was like 1 person who shot it down.

Fortress

Smash Master
These have been mentioned multiple times and are actually the most discussed aside from anything Samus related and Dr. Luigi.
Oh, really? I know that I've brought them up a lot, myself, but didn't know I wasn't alone. Haven't bothered to poke through the umpteen-thousand pages in this thread.

Anyway, Discodorf, Discodorf, Discodorf.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna compile a list of all of the viable/possible Alt Costume ideas for every character?

We can order them by (general) poopularity.

EDIT: Greatest. Typo. Ever.

Not worth correcting it :laugh:

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Anyone wanna compile a list of all of the viable/possible Alt Costume ideas for every character?

We can order them by (general) poopularity.
Wat is poopularity

Edit: Ninja-corrected :laugh:

We can try to compile them. We can start with the ones I put in my post a while back. I took off the ones that were said to be implausible (like Nurse and Sports Peach) because on unmatching hitboxes / hurtboxes as well as Team Recolors.
Luigi: Dr. Luigi
Bowser: Dark Bowser, Strikers Bowser, Wedding Bowser
Donkey Kong: Funky Kong's clothes, Strikers DK
Diddy Kong: Strikers Diddy, DK Jr's clothes
Link - First Link (SS Manga, red scarf), Hyrule Warriors Link
Zelda - OoT, SS
Sheik - OoT, SS
Ganondorf - OoT
Toon Link - ALttP Link / Classic Link
Samus - UAM 1, MP2 recolors, true Fusion Suit, true Dark Suit, true Gravity Suit, Phazon Suit, Light Suit, PED Suit, Dark Samus cosplay
ZSS - Zero Mission Ending, Civvies, Military Suit, Justin Bailey, 'Corrupted' Samus
Pit - Sacred Treasures, Classic Pit
Ice Climbers - Real Ice Climbers, Hoods Down
ROB - SNES ROB, Gamecube ROB, Wii ROB
Kirby - Grape, Charcoal, Orange, Snow... just recolors in general.
Meta Knight - Quickdraw Meta Knight, Galacta Knight cosplay, Meta Knight unmasked
King Dedede - Penguin colored, Masked Dedede
Olimar - Alph, brittany and Charlie-like recolors
Captain Falcon - Classic Captain Falcon
Pikachu - Christmas Hat, Sparky Hair, Shiny Pikachu, Raichu recolor, Team Rocket Hat
Ivysaur - Bulbasaur
Charizard - Ridley colored, Dragonite colored, Dry Charizard
Lucario - Sir Aaron's Clothes, Lucaryu
Mewtwo - Cloaked Mewtwo, Shiny Mewtwo in Armor, Shiny Mewtwo in cloak
Jigglypuff - Christmas Hat, Nurse Joy Hat, Officer Jenny Hat
Marth - Smash 4 Marth, Awakening Marth
Ike - TOO MANY IKES, Vanguard Ike is the one I remember most.
Roy - Awakening Roy, Eliwood recolor
Ness - Robot Ness, Jeff's school uniform, Poo's martial arts gi, Ninten's clothes
Lucas - DCMC shirt
Mr. Game and Watch - Orange, Purple, White, Silver, Gold, and other recolors
Snake - Big Boss, Naked Snake
Sonic - Golden Sonic, Silver Sonic, Orange Sonic, Purple Sonic

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Impa's the closest thing to Sheik in SS, and she is thin, so I'm assuming that Skyward Sheik is out of the running. Lord Ike and a selection of recolors would be best for Ike, since Vanguard Ike is older and larger (nobody's getting that still), and too many of Samus's costumes drastically alter her appearance. I think the Light Suit and Dark Suit are the two that would be closest in terms of model, and maybe even the Power Suit.

Classic Falcon sounds perfect.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I think that they could lengthen Peach's nurse dress. They added shorts and a champion belt to DK after all.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think that they could lengthen Peach's nurse dress. They added shorts and a champion belt to DK after all.
I've had that thought as well. I think it would be pretty awesome, and they could add lightning effects to her attacks to have her match the good Dr.
Impa's the closest thing to Sheik in SS, and she is thin, so I'm assuming that Skyward Sheik is out of the running. Lord Ike and a selection of recolors would be best for Ike, since Vanguard Ike is older and larger (nobody's getting that still), and too many of Samus's costumes drastically alter her appearance. I think the Light Suit and Dark Suit are the two that would be closest in terms of model, and maybe even the Power Suit.

Classic Falcon sounds perfect.
I was thinking PMBR could take some creative liberty with an SS Sheik to match SS Zelda if they choose her. As for Samus, the only ones that change her drastically are the Fusion Suit and UAM-1. Even then, she's mostly just thinner and they could probably compensate.

I'll take your word for Ike, since I know very little about Fire Emblem. I just remembered the name Vanguard Ike and put it on there.

Classic Falcon is, of course, perfect.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
I'll take your word for Ike, since I know very little about Fire Emblem.
Really? It's a long-running, and fantastic series PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE, with some excellent gameplay PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE throughout the whole series.

And now, whenever you think 'Fire Emblem', you will hopefully subconsciously think PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Really? It's a long-running, and fantastic series PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE, with some excellent gameplay PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE throughout the whole series.

And now, whenever you think 'Fire Emblem', you will hopefully subconsciously think PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE.
PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE.

I plan to play it eventually, PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE. although I'd like to start from the first game and work my way up, and... PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE. well, it's still in Japanese only as far as I'm aware. I don't like playing games out of order. PATHOFRADIANCEISTHEBESTTITLE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom