• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Stepping back into the real world for a second, the people making the game clearly designed Lucina to look like Marth and generally it was made a pretty big deal by those marketing the game and fans with the whole oooh, it's him, it's not him. You can't just say that in the story it wasn't intentional so it isn't intentional at all, it doesn't count and doesn't fit when clearly it is and it does. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with giving Marth the option to add something that's meant to look cool with his design. Anyway you're putting a little too much effort into ****ting on an idea that would essentially be an Easter Egg that you would never have to use.
Okay, let me add on to my previous statement. Marth can wear Lucina's clothes as he has them in the Awakening DLC. But giving him Lucina's mask doesn't make sense as an Easter Egg. Now I know Smash Bros is far from canon but even it has a sense of sense with it's Easter Eggs. Giving him a mask is like changing Navi to the fairy from Phantom Hourglass because they are a part of two different characters in two different times. Along with that Easter Eggs make sense with the character most of the time. I stated before that Marth would never hide his identity, he wants the world to know who he is. He never once tried hiding in his games, he always faced his problems head on. A mask would take that away from Marth. Easter Eggs are very true to a character and a mask is far from true to Marth. Marketing has nothing to do with it. And you're right, I'm putting too much effort on this, but that's cause I'm very passionate about things like this.

But that doesn't change my other previous statement, I won't mind the mask. I'm against it but as you said I'd ignore it.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
Ike needs some costumes based of his promotions from path of radiance and Radiant dawn.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's been agreed upon by... everyone.
And um... this picture shows why Ike as a Lord is awesome. It's a lost more detailed and fleshed out compared to his PoR color, so I feel like it's worth showing here.

I love how this is used only once in the dull narration things that I always skip

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I'm positive it was mentioned before, but I don't know where in this thread, but what was said about Roy's awesome outfit in FE Awakening as an alt? Can we not have it because that game was after Brawl or what? Also, Lodestar Marth as an official alt rather than just a skin on BrawlVault too?

Ginge

Smash Ace
Roy's Awakening costume has been discussed quite a bit in this thread. It is well supported because DUH. It's okay as far as I know, considering Fire Flower Peach was allowed, as well as a couple of the other alt costumes already in use.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Roy's Awakening costume has been discussed quite a bit in this thread. It is well supported because DUH. It's okay as far as I know, considering Fire Flower Peach was allowed, as well as a couple of the other alt costumes already in use.
*slowly starts to clap, then rises and claps rapidly*
That just about summed up my thoughts on every alt made after Brawl was. :)

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
*also claps because everyone else is*

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
*breaks the clapping cycle* SHAZAMITYLAM! I AM NOW A LEVEL INFINITY EPIC SUPER GOD PLUS! What? I can't hear you over all this AWESOME!!

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
You know, this is probably my personal opinion/bias speaking, but I really think Mario Strikers Charged outfits would really look good on their respective characters. Mario already has his slots full I think, and it would probably be weird to have all those Doc alts AND a Strikers alt (or to have everyone BUT Mario have a Striker outfit) but I can dream. :C At least there's models/Textures for them all on Brawl Vault (except Bowser's normal Striker outfit).

You can't tell me that's not awesome.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Y'know what I thought might be nice?(It's even by Starwaffles and Nanobuds!):

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Y'know what I thought might be nice?(It's even by Starwaffles and Nanobuds!):
That was actually our first DK alt... but we liked the Boxer DK idea better. So we ditched the Toy DK and went with the Boxer DK.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Can we have alternate alternates? XD
I personally have both in my build, with Wind Up over White DK. Anyways, this popped into my head once more:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Y'know, for as uncreative as it may seem, Melee Mewtwo actually has a pretty distinct design from Project M Mewtwo. Compare them:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Y'know, for as uncreative as it may seem, Melee Mewtwo actually has a pretty distinct design from Project M Mewtwo. Compare them:
The thing is those pics made me glad PMBR went with their own version. Melee Mewtwo always looked ugly to me.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Uh....The PM Mewtwo model was a personal project of StarWaffle, which then got picked over the Melee version after they started work on Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom