• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What if Luigi had an Alt. costume for Dr. Luigi. Just a thought. It could be really interesting. For anyone who doesn't know what Dr. Luigi looks like, here's a pic.
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/6/69/Dr._Luigi_Artwork_-_Dr._Luigi.png

You could use those so swag L-Vitamins to go over his fireballs. And you could put an electric effect on his sweet-spotted super jump punch and Green Missile. You don't have to the electric effects, but I feel like it's important that the L-vitamins go over his fireball, NOT the regular Mega vitamins. The L-vitamins should go over his fireball texture. Also, it shouldn't be hard to the electric effects, considering you did it Dr. Mario's forward smash. I think it would make more sense for Dr. Luigi and be cool too. What do you guys think of my L-Vitamins and electric effects on sweet-spotted Super Jump Punch and Green Missile? Please reply. Thanks!!!:)

Also, What if we did Melee Ganondorf as an Alt. Costume for Ganondorf. It's probably be really popular and I don't exactly like the current Ganondorf, BUT I don't not like it either. Just a thought.

Luigi's fireball has copied code of Mario's fireball, then they could do the same thing they did with Mario's, which is cause it to load exclusively based on Dr. Luigi's costume.

Ginge

Smash Ace
What if Luigi had an Alt. costume for Dr. Luigi. Just a thought. It could be really interesting. For anyone who doesn't know what Dr. Luigi looks like, here's a pic.
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/6/69/Dr._Luigi_Artwork_-_Dr._Luigi.png

You could use those so swag L-Vitamins to go over his fireballs. And you could put an electric effect on his sweet-spotted super jump punch and Green Missile. You don't have to the electric effects, but I feel like it's important that the L-vitamins go over his fireball, NOT the regular Mega vitamins. The L-vitamins should go over his fireball texture. Also, it shouldn't be hard to the electric effects, considering you did it Dr. Mario's forward smash. I think it would make more sense for Dr. Luigi and be cool too. What do you guys think of my L-Vitamins and electric effects on sweet-spotted Super Jump Punch and Green Missile? Please reply. Thanks!!!:)

Also, What if we did Melee Ganondorf as an Alt. Costume for Ganondorf. It's probably be really popular and I don't exactly like the current Ganondorf, BUT I don't not like it either. Just a thought.

Luigi's fireball has copied code of Mario's fireball, then they could do the same thing they did with Mario's, which is cause it to load exclusively based on Dr. Luigi's costume.
Dr. Luigi was literally brought up on the page you just posted to (scroll up).

And Melee Ganon could be sweet.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Ya know, also, it would be REALLY nice if Yoshi had a Brown costume. It's the only color missing that currently exists. IDK why you didn't do it when you were doing Yoshi's costumes, but I think it's important that we emphasize that BOTH orange Yoshi AND brown Yoshi.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Ya know, also, it would be REALLY nice if Yoshi had a Brown costume. It's the only color missing that currently exists. IDK why you didn't do it when you were doing Yoshi's costumes, but I think it's important that we emphasize that BOTH orange Yoshi AND brown Yoshi.
Who is "you"? Ginge isn`t a member of the PMBR.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Dr. Luigi was literally brought up on the page you just posted to (scroll up).

And Melee Ganon could be sweet.
Oh, stupid me.:facepalm: Thanks for the pointer. Do you think the whole L-Vitamins thing and electric effect on the said moves could happen?

Shin F.

Smash Master
He already has ten costumes, which is pretty much the limit to everyone except Wario.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I believe we're limited to 10 colors/costumes per character. Except Wario having 20 because of how they coded his two sets of costumes. So we can't have ALL the different Yoshi colors.

Edit: What Shin F. said :p

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well, why not do it? Wario has like 12, so Yoshi could have 11. T_T I'm just saying, we NEED all the Yoshi colors that currently exist. (Rainbow and Gray should be coming up soon. JK)

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I believe we're limited to 10 colors/costumes per character. Except Wario having 20 because of how they coded his two sets of costumes. So we can't have ALL the different Yoshi colors.

Edit: What Shin F. said :p
Oh, well, OK. Sucks, but Brown IS the least prominent color, so... makes sense.:crying:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Well, why not do it? Wario has like 12, so Yoshi could have 11. T_T I'm just saying, we NEED all the Yoshi colors that currently exist. (Rainbow and Gray should be coming up soon. JK)
It's not possible to do more than ten colors for anyone else because of the way their cosmetics work.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Wario has extra because the slots for his second set of costumes were given a fresh counter in memory. Basically, say Mario's costumes started at 000. The next character's costumes are coded to start at 010. They only have 000-009 for Mario. Wario is special because his Wario Ware costumes got 1 set of 10 codes. And his Wario Land outfit got a completely separate set of 10 codes.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Wario has extra because the slots for his second set of costumes were given a fresh counter in memory. Basically, say Mario's costumes started at 000. The next character's costumes are coded to start at 010. They only have 000-009 for Mario. Wario is special because his Wario Ware costumes got 1 set of 10 codes. And his Wario Land outfit got a completely separate set of 10 codes.
This is pretty much spot on. Wario gets two sets because he had two sets in vBrawl, 370 and 380 both belong to him.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Oh, OK. I'm stubborn sometimes, but I'll give in. No brown Yoshi. Oh well, it's all cool now. Let's just forget it and move on.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking, could they add secret alts for the characters if they replace the FitCharacterFake/Dark files and have them load if you hold down l or something?
They just wouldn't portraits and would wave to use the default character portrait.

Speaking of which, what's stopping them from having portraits numbered in hex? It could add 6 more slots if possible.

Ginge

Smash Ace
In theory those ideas work fine. But you have to consider that they don't have the source code for this game. They are only able to modify it so much. The idea of pressing down to load the FitCharacterFake/Dark files might be feasible. You'd need to ask PMBR about that. It'd be sweet to load up as that costume.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I was thinking, could they add secret alts for the characters if they replace the FitCharacterFake/Dark files and have them load if you hold down l or something?
They just wouldn't portraits and would wave to use the default character portrait.

Speaking of which, what's stopping them from having portraits numbered in hex? It could add 6 more slots if possible.
Those are both good questions, and ones I'm not qualified to answer :p

... Although, come to think of it, ASF1nk (maker of cBliss) does have that poll in his thread about having 16 costumes in the next cBliss build.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59782.0
Makes ya wonder.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Those are both good questions, and ones I'm not qualified to answer :p

... Although, come to think of it, ASF1nk (maker of cBliss) does have that poll in his thread about having 16 costumes in the next cBliss build.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59782.0
Makes ya wonder.

That's kinda where I got the idea. Would be nice for the characters to have a 2nd set of alts. I hope he is successful in that endeavor.

Shin F.

Smash Master
That's kinda where I got the idea. Would be nice for the characters to have a 2nd set of alts. I hope he is successful in that endeavor.
I think we all do. 16 costumes per character would be insanely awesome!

When he first posted cBliss, I was like O.O

If he pulls this off, I'm gonna be like

Ginge

Smash Ace
I think the only one where it would be exceptionally tough to implement that is Kirby. Because of the Kirby hats apparently need to have base-color-specific files. They're working on that, though, I think.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
So completely off-topic but...DEMONBOY YOU PULLED THROUGH, MAH BOI.

Also, want me to make a battle portrait for it?

Also guys, am I missing a thread or something cause everyone is all Christmasy.

Shin F.

Smash Master
no, people just like christmas.
Actually, someone in the Clone Engine thread suggested we all be Christmasy :D
Offtopic: Everyone in this thread needs to either have a Christmas themed avatar or make their avatar more Christmas themed!
Unless you don't do Christmas.
On topic: Umm. Ness in a martial arts gi like Poo's and using his sword in place of the bat? A school uniform that matches Jeff's?

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
So completely off-topic but...DEMONBOY YOU PULLED THROUGH, MAH BOI.

Also, want me to make a battle portrait for it?

Also guys, am I missing a thread or something cause everyone is all Christmasy.

Yep. I actually posted this on the last page.
I should have the battle portrait along with everything else in the zip folder.

I'm actually interested in making another simple thing like this.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Am I doing it right?

Yep. I actually posted this on the last page.
I should have the battle portrait along with everything else in the zip folder.

I'm actually interested in making another simple thing like this.
That would be awesome.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Dude, Relax. They put in fire peach, from SM3DW, so it should be fine. Just chill.
As was mentioned later on that page. And I conceded that they made a point. Read the whole conversation log before jumping at something like that if you're going back pages.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I was just saying. Besides, Dr. Luigi should be fine. It's not like NO-ONE'S ever had the idea of Dr. Luigi. We had that idea WAAAYYYY before Nintendo. Also, I think it should be fine, considering Skyloft, Fire Peach, and other stuff like that. Plus, Nintendo should be PROUD that we like the idea of Dr. Luigi so much we incorporated into a mod. Honestly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom