• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Pride in Japan is actually very different from pride in the West. The fact that we're modding Brawl like this despite claiming to "love" the franchise means they weren't good enough with Brawl. They might even be outright insulted by us doing it. Especially people badmouthing Smash 4 before it's even been given a release date.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Pride in Japan is actually very different from pride in the West. The fact that we're modding Brawl like this despite claiming to "love" the franchise means they weren't good enough with Brawl. They might even be outright insulted by us doing it. Especially people badmouthing Smash 4 before it's even been given a release date.
True, true. But still, why don't we TRY Dr. Luigi, and if we get a cease & desist, we remove Dr. Luigi and keep moving like nothing happened.
OMG!!! 100th message!!!!!

Shin F.

Smash Master
True, true. But still, why don't we TRY Dr. Luigi, and if we get a cease & desist, we remove Dr. Luigi and keep moving like nothing happened.
Cease & Desist means just that - if PMBR gets a C&D it means they can NEVER continue working on Project M without legal repercussions.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
C&D means C&D meaning stop what your doing and don`t continue it ever or we will sue you.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I was just saying. Besides, Dr. Luigi should be fine. It's not like NO-ONE'S ever had the idea of Dr. Luigi. We had that idea WAAAYYYY before Nintendo. Also, I think it should be fine, considering Skyloft, Fire Peach, and other stuff like that. Plus, Nintendo should be PROUD that we like the idea of Dr. Luigi so much we incorporated into a mod. Honestly...
Well, they aren't fond of the idea of modding their game in the first place. And to be fair we have incorporated so many things into a mod that Dr. Luigi is actually kind of miniscule if you ask me.

Dude, Relax. They put in fire peach, from SM3DW, so it should be fine. Just chill.
Dude, Relax. He's not even raging and was corrected a few pages ago. Just chill.

Seriously, it might be wise to read the last 6-10 pages before you post here or anywhere in actuality.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hmm... Well, then we'll have Project M with Dr. Luigi in it, since it's not like they can "re-call" Project M copies.:glare: Not that I WANT project M to stop, I just think it's worth the risk. Wait, great big idea!!! On Project M's FINAL RELEASE, they put EVERYTHING in that may have resulted in Project M's being forced to cease and desist. That way, we're all good!:chuckle:

Ginge

Smash Ace
Hmm... Well, then we'll have Project M with Dr. Luigi in it, since it's not like they can "re-call" Project M copies.:glare: Not that I WANT project M to stop, I just think it's worth the risk. Wait, great big idea!!! On Project M's FINAL RELEASE, they put EVERYTHING in that may have resulted in Project M's being forced to cease and desist. That way, we're all good!:chuckle:
Then their website that they're hosting the game downloads from would not be able to hold the game to be distributed. It would need to become a black-market type of thing.

Shin F.

Smash Master
There's probably never going to be a FINAL release.

Well, they aren't fond of the idea of modding their game in the first place. And to be fair we have incorporated so many things into a mod that Dr. Luigi is actually kind of miniscule if you ask me.

Dude, Relax. He's not even raging and was corrected a few pages ago. Just chill.

Seriously, it might be wise to read the last 6-10 pages before you post here or anywhere in actuality.
THIS. Read through the last few pages of a thread so that you know what's going on before you post.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
But then new players can`t download it and the competitive scene will die because no new players can come in to replace the old players.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Also, it's probably important on this final release that they test EVERYTHING possibly that could happen. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way, there are 0-Few bugs, and they never have to make another PM update again!!!!! All is well!

Shin F.

Smash Master
Also, it's probably important on this final release that they test EVERYTHING possibly that could happen. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way, there are 0-Few bugs, and they never have to make another PM update again!!!!! All is well!
Do you honestly think that ideas like that have never been thought of before? They have. It doesn't work the way you think it will.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I don`t think you get how this works

Ginge

Smash Ace
Anyway. Back to alt costumes. Dr Luigi would be cool, unless the devs had a different idea lined up / in the works before yesterday's Nintendo Direct. I'm pretty sure they won't disappoint.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Anyway. Back to alt costumes. Dr Luigi would be cool, unless the devs had a different idea lined up / in the works before yesterday's Nintendo Direct. I'm pretty sure they won't disappoint.
I do hope they'd be able to get the L capsules.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Humph... this isn't fair. I NEED my Dr. Luigi, but it seems like there's no way to safely incorporate him...:bomb:wait, bomb-sized idea. They release this update SECRETLY and e-mail all users, which they can get the e-mail addresses by asking for them please, in case they need to contact them, about the update, and give all users a download link IN the e-mail, that way, they don't have to post it on the website. They can e-mail the update to all NEW users as well, since if they come in the future, just e-mail it to them after getting the e-mail. Actually, they should create a NECESSARY account to all users, and giving your e-mail should be MANDATORY. That way, there's no having to ask for it. They already have it and store the user's info in somewhere, that way they can access it at any time. Fool-proof, I know.:smirk:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
No guys, I think he may be on to something... Nope. Not really. You really don't get how this works.

Dr. Luigi will probably never be an addition for the sole reason that we don't need him to go back to his clone days. Mario is Dr. Mario, Luigi is Mr. L. If Luigi gets another alt I can assure you it won't be Dr. Mario just because there's plenty of other deserving costumes for him that are a bit more iconic than him copying his brother.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Have alts been talked about for Samus or Zelda/Sheik?

I think they can do with some. I think Fusion suit for Samus is really nice, although i'm kinda stumped when it comes to Zelda and Sheik. They could get their melee looks I suppose.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
No guys, I think he may be on to something... Nope. Not really. You really don't get how this works.

Dr. Luigi will probably never be an addition for the sole reason that we don't need him to go back to his clone days. Mario is Dr. Mario, Luigi is Mr. L. If Luigi gets another alt I can assure you it won't be Dr. Mario just because there's plenty of other deserving costumes for him that are a bit more iconic than him copying his brother.
Who, me? Have you read my Fool-proof plan? It's totally Fool-proof!!!

Ginge

Smash Ace
Humph... this isn't fair. I NEED my Dr. Luigi, but it seems like there's no way to safely incorporate him...:bomb:wait, bomb-sized idea. They release this update SECRETLY and e-mail all users, which they can get the e-mail addresses by asking for them please, in case they need to contact them, about the update, and give all users a download link IN the e-mail, that way, they don't have to post it on the website. They can e-mail the update to all NEW users as well, since if they come in the future, just e-mail it to them after getting the e-mail. Actually, they should create a NECESSARY account to all users, and giving your e-mail should be MANDATORY. That way, there's no having to ask for it. They already have it and store the user's info in somewhere, that way they can access it at any time. Fool-proof, I know.:smirk:

Wait until there is a fan made Project M character mod of Doctor Luigi on Brawl Vault. There's no guarantee it will ever be in Project M. Even if it seems likely.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
I really hope you don't truly believe in these ideas of yours. If you really want Dr. Luigi I'm positive that someone will make it over at the Brawl vault.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
It`s completely full proof except for the fact that it`s not and you have made yourself look like an idiot infront of several people and possibly hundreds if not thousands more in the future.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

Then they'd waste their time getting copies to people instead of working onthe game. Do you even think these things through? Sorry for sounding rude but you sound like a 10 year old brat who isn't getting what he wants so he's making up things to convince the adults to giving him what he wants.

I'm sorry to everyone else in this thread who had to see me being rude.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Ya know, somebody get Shell over here. He needs to see this plan. He might like it, considering it's a way to release new stuff without Cease and Desist risk.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I don't do hacking. It's wrong. I DO mod, though. Besides, you gotta admit, my plan IS Fool-Proof.
It's not foolproof. It's not even realistic. If YOU want to gather over 100,000 emails and send Project M to them, why don't YOU try it and see how it goes? It's completely unrealistic.

... Also, you do realize that the ONLY way they could mod Brawl was to first HACK it, right? Project M is a modset created through hacking.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
HEY!!!!!! I am NOT a 10-year old. I am a VERY mature 12-year old. Actually, I'm a VERY, VERY mature 12-year-old. Besides, what does PM want: To never be able to release good ideas because of Cease and Desist, or to be able to release new stuff, but do a lot of work in order to so? Besides, all they have to do is add all the e-mail addresses to their contacts, and send the update to all contacts:glare: . Duh. Also, I thought that through VERY carefully, and it could work if you'd stop being so stuck up and actually give it a chance. Geez!

Shin F.

Smash Master
I sincerely apologize for leading this idiot to this thread. I hope you can all forgive me.
We all make mistakes.

HEY!!!!!! I am NOT a 10-year old. I am a VERY mature 12-year old. Actually, I'm a VERY, VERY mature 12-year-old. Besides, what does PM want: To never be able to release good ideas because of Cease and Desist, or to be able to release new stuff, but do a lot of work in order to so? Besides, all they have to do is add all the e-mail addresses to their contacts, and send the update to all contacts:glare: . Duh. Also, I thought that through VERY carefully, and it could work if you'd stop being so stuck up and actually give it a chance. Geez!
Humor me. If we did this, what guarantee do you have that Nintendo wouldn't get it anyways? For all you know, Nintendo has downloaded every version of P:M just to see what they're doing and you would end up sending it right to them.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Anyway, I'd GLADLY collect all the e-mails. As a matter of fact, if the back roomers like this idea, I VOLUNTEER to collect all the e-mail addresses! I'll join the back room just to collect e-mails. I would be HONORED to do it and e-mail the update. Ya hear that? I WANT to do it!!!!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Listen here you nincompoop. It sucks, it's the worst plan ever. It would take not days, but weeks just to get PM to over 8000 people by email. Their twitter account has over 8000 followers. That's not even the full amount of people who play Project M. It would be too much of a hassle because they wouldn't have time to work on their game you ridiculous brat. I have a huge imagination but at least I can see reality. And who would they advertise Project M? How would we know when we were getting an update? And how about the people who don't have emails. or don't even have computers on them 24/7.

Also you're not a mature 12 year old, you're a child who should be playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 or watching Cartoon Network. Also they said that if they get a cease and desist they will (sadly) accept it. They know the risk, they are aware of what can happen to their precious mod, and they're already risking so much. The plan is stupid, grow the hell up and learn to be realistic.

Edit: It's not the worst plan ever. There have been worse.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Anyway, I'd GLADLY collect all the e-mails. As a matter of fact, if the back roomers like this idea, I VOLUNTEER to collect all the e-mail addresses! I'll join the back room just to collect e-mails. I would be HONORED to do it and e-mail the update. Ya hear that? I WANT to do it!!!!
Can you make a Mewtwo Hitbox data .gif thread first?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
First I thought my head was going to explode from the Link/Metal Sonic conversation. Now I think I'm getting an aneurysm from reading that exchange. There's no way that any of U-Throw's comments can be true, it's an elaborate trolling attempt, right? It reads like conspiracy theorists trying to come up with an idea to prove themselves right. I'm reminded of Obama birthers reading that, just in the tone of the stupidity.

This is how the exchange makes me feel.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think he's gone. Let's discuss before he gets back.
Not surprised, with that last comment of yours XD I felt mean just for hitting the like button on that thing!

So, how would others feel about Ness or Lucas wearing Poo and Jeff's clothes? Maybe some miniaturized version of Duster's clothes.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Honestly wish I knew enough about the Mother series. I love playing Lucas in Brawl and Project M.

I'm ALL for characters wearing clothes to match the outfits of others in their series like the idea of Ike, Marth, and Roy in Lyn's dress like Ike getting Ephraim's armor or something.

EDIT:
It's not the worst plan ever. There have been worse.
"Why don't we WALK to Mordor?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom