• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Watching someone who knows next to nothing about a subject which you know and care a lot about try to talk about said subject is incredibly painful.

Zelda's the girl by the way.

Speaking of Toon Link, I pretty much finalized Conductor Link's model and textures, unless anyone has any objections.
I think it could fit in perfectly with PM now.

Everyone can expect it on the brawl vault tomorrow or the day after.

Man I want this now. D;

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Speaking of Toon Link, I pretty much finalized Conductor Link's model and textures

That looks amazing! :DDDD I really liked the idea of TL getting that costume, and you did such a good job with that. When it goes up on brawl vault I'm totes putting it in, thanks for this! :D

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
MMMMM!

You know, I've been thinking about the ICies. I really liked how in Melee, you could play as Nana with some of the skin changes. I'd love it if Project M brought that back for some of the alt costumes. It'd also be sick if you could do the classic Pink/Blue costume with Nana in front. Although, I guess I could see why that'd be confusing, so maybe it's not a good idea... but still, how about like a jet-black Parka for Popo and snow white (hurp) parka for Nana, and you're playing as Nana?

Or even if you're Popo, it's fine. : > I just liked being able to play as Nana, haha.

I might have posted this already, so I'm sorry if I did and I forgot. I think it was in a different thread, though.
They already have Nana lead alt colors from Brawl. In fact, there's a costume where Nana leads in a black parka and Popo's in silver, that's the alt I main(reppin Oakland son), kinda like the reverse of your idea. You can't tell it from the CSS but they're there when you start the match.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Actually, Mario does NOT have a PhD. This is in the same interview when miyamoto(?) talks about mario as a cast of actors.

As for sonic, I'd much rather him get outfits based on his rivals than metal sonic. Too similar to sonic to make it worthwhile if you think sonic will just cosplay him. Give me siiiiilllvvvvver and goooold. tis the season.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I was wondering, do you think the Project M team can make another alternate costume for Mario?

I was thinking of them adding Metal Mario as another slot. Would be cool to always be metal, and if they can add the physics of Metal Mario that would be cool. Almost like his own character in a way. Doubt him having custom physics is possible without effecting the other Mario slots.

If that ISN'T possible or wanted, is there a way to add extra slots to existing characters using the Alternate Costume Engine similar to cBliss??

Shin F.

Smash Master
I love mario more than anyone, and I want to believe he does, and I'll even lie in character and say he does... but in actuality, the doctor mario games are one of the least cannon mario games.
But if the Mario characters are a troupe of actors, and the Mario in Smash is based on the character in the plays and not the actor who plays him, and one of the plays is Dr. Mario, then doesn't that mean that the character he plays, within that particular story, does have a PhD?

I was wondering, do you think the Project M team can make another alternate costume for Mario?

I was thinking of them adding Metal Mario as another slot. Would be cool to always be metal, and if they can add the physics of Metal Mario that would be cool. Almost like his own character in a way. Doubt him having custom physics is possible without effecting the other Mario slots.

If that ISN'T possible or wanted, is there a way to add extra slots to existing characters using the Alternate Costume Engine similar to cBliss??

It isn't possible to change his physics for a single slot, but I wouldn't mind him being a costume. You can't really add extra slots on your own since only PMBR fully understand the ACE code.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Shin F. busting out the meta logic.

You could also argue the point that all of the actors could happen to have PhDs in "real life". So he could be played by a doctor and thus BE a doctor.

Edit: The Metal Mario idea might best be implemented like "Hold Z for Giga Bowser". The problem is I don't know if it's possible to ADD a Metal Mario like that out of the blue. Giga Bowser already exists as a Final Smash. Metal Mario would be new...

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
It isn't possible to change his physics for a single slot, but I wouldn't mind him being a costume. You can't really add extra slots on your own since only PMBR fully understand the ACE code.
That's too bad. Would be nice if they made a small tutorial on how to implement the extra slots. I have a Mega Mewtwo Y as an alternate costume, and I want to make team recolors for it at least. Oh well, maybe one day they'll release the details.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I love mario more than anyone, and I want to believe he does, and I'll even lie in character and say he does... but in actuality, the doctor mario games are one of the least cannon mario games.
How much are Miyamoto, Bowser, and Luigi paying you in order to spread this blasphemy?

They're going to need to release a Mario/Trauma Center crossover. I'd pay to see it.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
But if the Mario characters are a troupe of actors, and the Mario in Smash is based on the character in the plays and not the actor who plays him, and one of the plays is Dr. Mario, then doesn't that mean that the character he plays, within that particular story, does have a PhD?

Miyamoto said:
Mario has been a boxing referee, a doctor, an Olympian, and a carpenter. Are all these official careers in Mario lore? If he has a medical degree, why does he continue his plumbing business?
SM: There's really only one rule in terms of the things that Mario does. Generally, it's that he's more on the blue-collar side. He's hard-working, and certainly much more physical in nature. So, I think that a doctor is sort of an unexpected and perhaps unbelievable role for Mario. Perhaps the Dr. Mario you're thinking of was maybe, in some way, not necessarily legitimate.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
So, I realized something. The characters for the clone engine don't have to be the SAME EXACT CHARACTER like Link/OoT Link and Meta Knight/Beta Knight.

However they also still need to be related to the point where if they were switched up, they'd play the same exact role as the same exact character aside from the different look.

If that doesn't make sense then I'm sorry but that's the best logic I could come with...

If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you. I was actually kind of sad when Miyamoto said they were just... actors. I always told myself Bowser invited himself to Go-Kart and play sports...

P.S. I take a three hour nap and this thread goes to hell. What the buck guys.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Miyamoto said:
Mario has been a boxing referee, a doctor, an Olympian, and a carpenter. Are all these official careers in Mario lore? If he has a medical degree, why does he continue his plumbing business?
SM: There's really only one rule in terms of the things that Mario does. Generally, it's that he's more on the blue-collar side. He's hard-working, and certainly much more physical in nature. So, I think that a doctor is sort of an unexpected and perhaps unbelievable role for Mario. Perhaps the Dr. Mario you're thinking of was maybe, in some way, not necessarily legitimate.
Considering the man's medical career consists of shoving pills into the mouths of patients/bottles full of germs...part of me believes that he's not a legit Doctor. If he were a Doctor, you'd think he wouldn't be a fighter. "First do no harm" and all that jazz.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Sooooo I just had a thought. In SSE, you know how you fought the glow-y models of all the characters? Doesn't that mean they all have an extra costume somewhere? Could that bump up the costume counts to 11 per character?

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
So, I realized something. The characters for the clone engine don't have to be the SAME EXACT CHARACTER like Link/OoT Link and Meta Knight/Beta Knight.

However they also still need to be related to the point where if they were switched up, they'd play the same exact role as the same exact character aside from the different look.

If that doesn't make sense then I'm sorry but that's the best logic I could come with...

If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you. I was actually kind of sad when Miyamoto said they were just... actors. I always told myself Bowser invited himself to Go-Kart and play sports...
Yes, actually that is a good point. Shadow Peach is in no way peach. I view every kind of mario game in it's own universe. Like the mario and luigi games are in a different universe from the paper mario series.

WHY?! WHY ARCEUS WHY?! T_T MARIO COULD BE SO MUCH MOOOORE! Actually, this is much worse when you realize that the Mario bloopers for Mario tennis are literally them acting...

How much are Miyamoto, Bowser, and Luigi paying you in order to spread this blasphemy?

They're going to need to release a Mario/Trauma Center crossover. I'd pay to see it.
I'd pay a ****ton for a mario/trauma center crossover...it could... save the series. No? Sigh... I'll check myself into the burn ward for a self inflicted burn....

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
@Response to me
I personally think they're all in the same universe, but that's just me. As a fellow Mario fan, I have to respect your opinion since the canonity is up to debate and we have to worry about Metal Sonic talk right now. If not in the same universe than Paper Mario is just a story told by Mario to his kids or somecrap.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Shin F. busting out the meta logic.
It's what I do ;)
Miyamoto said:
Well... I think of it this way: If all of the characters are actors and each game is a play, then that would mean that the canon still applies to the plays themselves, even if they don't apply to the actors playing them. Just like in real life, the role an actor plays in a movie doesn't necessarily affect them. You can play a doctor, and not know crap about it, that doesn't mean the character you're playing isn't a doctor. That would fit with 'Dr. Mario' being illegitimate (since the actor knows nothing about being a doctor), while also keeping him as part of Mario canon in some form (the character he's playing in that particular story is a doctor). Mario's not a doctor, but the 'Mario' that is the character he plays is one. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

... I still love Brental Floss' Dr. Mario with Lyrics, though.
we have to worry about Metal Sonic talk right now.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It's what I do ;)
Well... I think of it this way: If all of the characters are actors and each game is a play, then that would mean that the canon still applies to the plays themselves, even if they don't apply to the actors playing them. Just like in real life, the role an actor plays in a movie doesn't necessarily affect them. You can play a doctor, and not know crap about it, that doesn't mean the character you're playing isn't a doctor. That would fit with 'Dr. Mario' being illegitimate (since the actor knows nothing about being a doctor), while also keeping him as part of Mario canon in some form (the character he's playing in that particular story is a doctor). Mario's not a doctor, but the 'Mario' that is the character he plays is one. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

... I still love Brental Floss' Dr. Mario with Lyrics, though.

You're officially my favorite. Congratulations.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yes, actually that is a good point. Shadow Peach is in no way peach. I view every kind of mario game in it's own universe. Like the mario and luigi games are in a different universe from the paper mario series.

WHY?! WHY ARCEUS WHY?! T_T MARIO COULD BE SO MUCH MOOOORE! Actually, this is much worse when you realize that the Mario bloopers for Mario tennis are literally them acting...

I'd pay a ****ton for a mario/trauma center crossover...it could... save the series. No? Sigh... I'll check myself into the burn ward for a self inflicted burn....
Technically Shadow Peach is Peach, just a possessed version of her. Much in the same way that Mr. L is Luigi. If they're all actors though, the universe is all connected, just with different stages. This means in the Mario world, there's no such thing as magic...or wonder...Mario just suddenly became really depressing.

Back to Alt Costume discussion....

I'm still hoping to see a sweet Diddy costume, though I've no idea what he would wear.

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Sooooo I just had a thought. In SSE, you know how you fought the glow-y models of all the characters? Doesn't that mean they all have an extra costume somewhere? Could that bump up the costume counts to 11 per character?
Well there is still that portrait limitation. I'm pretty sure each character can't have more than ten aside from Wario.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
I personally think they're all in the same universe, but that's just me. As a fellow Mario fan, I have to respect your opinion since the canonity is up to debate and we have to worry about Metal Sonic talk right now. If not in the same universe than Paper Mario is just a story told by Mario to his kids or somecrap.
I can respect that theory too. Mine lies in the bases that the games generally reference previous games but only if they are the same series. However, DK is an exception, most games seem to reference the original.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Technically Shadow Peach is Peach, just a possessed version of her. Much in the same way that Mr. L is Luigi. If they're all actors though, the universe is all connected, just with different stages. This means in the Mario world, there's no such thing as magic...or wonder...Mario just suddenly became really depressing.

I'm still hoping to see a sweet Diddy costume, though I've no idea what he would wear.
I'm not sure about that. I think that Mario can still jump high, Peach can still float, and a bunch of other stuff. It's true that they are all actors, but if **** ACTUALLY goes down, I feel like Mario could actually handle it. Mario and friends are all actors, but I don't think that the some of the people are actors.

Strikers Diddy Kong

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
What a jerk. Mario told this entire epic story and still made Luigi stay behind. What did that guy do to piss Mario off so badly?

I'm not sure about that. I think that Mario can still jump high, Peach can still float, and a bunch of other stuff. It's true that they are all actors, but if **** ACTUALLY goes down, I feel like Mario could actually handle it. Mario and friends are all actors, but I don't think that the some of the people are actors.

Strikers Diddy Kong
If Strikers Diddy gets in, they'd better put in Strikers DK too, for DK consistency.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
What a jerk. Mario told this entire epic story and still made Luigi stay behind. What did that guy do to piss Mario off so badly?
Play Mario and Luigi. You'll see how much Mario cares about Luigi. In fact it pissed me off when Game Theory talked **** about Mario's love for Luigi. The bond those two share is actually heartwarming especially since if they actually are all actors then Mario is dedicating a whole year to his younger brother.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace

I view paper peach and peach as different characters when i compare their personalities... otherwise she isn't dating mario.

Diddy should wear his turned around cap and glasses. Give it a squirtle style glasses taunt and that's even better.
also, super diddy as an alt. :p

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Can't argue with that. Still curious where those alternate SSE designs are hidden, then.

Probably FitCharaterDark.pac/psc or FitCharacterSpy.pac/pcs. I could be wrong though since i never tried messing with them.

Also I just noticed, Wario uses both portrait slot set 37 and 38, so does that mean he can technically have 20 slots?

Shin F.

Smash Master
You're officially my favorite. Congratulations.
I feel so incredibly honored. Truly.

Strikers Diddy Kong

I would NOT want to mess with an actor who looks like he could crush my bones by sitting on me (Bowser)
Well there is still that portrait limitation. I'm pretty sure each character can't have more than ten aside from Wario.
Pretty much.
Probably FitCharaterDark.pac/psc or FitCharacterSpy.pac/pcs. I could be wrong though since i never tried messing with them.

Also I just noticed, Wario uses both portrait slot set 37 and 38, so does that mean he can technically have 20 slots?
You hit the nail here. Yeah, the SSE Shadow Bug characters are FitCharacterDark, and Wario could technically have twenty costumes, which is kind of ridiculous really.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Play Mario and Luigi. You'll see how much Mario cares about Luigi. In fact it pissed me off when Game Theory talked **** about Mario's love for Luigi. The bond those two share is actually heartwarming especially since if they actually are all actors then Mario is dedicating a whole year to his younger brother.
I've played Mario & Luigi. Great games, asides from Partners in Time. Sometimes it's hard to see how much/if Mario really cares about Luigi when you spend half the game smashing eachother with a hammer, burning Luigi and electrocuting Mario. They do seem pretty worried when one gets knocked out though, so yeah, that makes sense.

He can still be a total **** though, as Game Theory pointed out with him scuffing Luigi's shoes. If those were chucks, they'd have had some gun violence.

I view paper peach and peach as different characters when i compare their personalities... otherwise she isn't dating mario.

Diddy should wear his turned around cap and glasses. Give it a squirtle style glasses taunt and that's even better.
also, super diddy as an alt. :p
It's hard to really imagine any real relationships in the Mushroom Kingdom asides from Bowser and his kids, though they must all feel pretty bad considering Bowser Jr gets top billing while the originals get robbed of their inheritance.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I've played Mario & Luigi. Great games, asides from Partners in Time. Sometimes it's hard to see how much/if Mario really cares about Luigi when you spend half the game smashing eachother with a hammer, burning Luigi and electrocuting Mario. They do seem pretty worried when one gets knocked out though, so yeah, that makes sense.

He can still be a total **** though, as Game Theory pointed out with him scuffing Luigi's shoes. If those were chucks, they'd have had some gun violence.

It's hard to really imagine any real relationships in the Mushroom Kingdom asides from Bowser and his kids, though they must all feel pretty bad considering Bowser Jr gets top billing while the originals get robbed of their inheritance.
Let's be realistic. Sports bring out the worst of people. And sometimes so do videogames. Okay a lot of times, but that's not the point.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Let's be realistic. Sports bring out the worst of people. And sometimes so do videogames. Okay a lot of times, but that's not the point.
Fair enough, then Mario is just a sore loser. Works for me. I wonder what he does to Peach when she wins.

Alt Costume Funtime
Both DK and Diddy should definitely have official Super Kong costumes, though I'm also partial to the Sunset Kongs from DKCR.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Fair enough, then Mario is just a sore loser. Works for me. I wonder what he does to Peach when she wins.
He kisses her nose.

Oh yeah this was the alt costume thread. Wouldn't it be cool if Ganondorf got a costume that was a hybrid of Beast Mode and human Ganondorf?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
He kisses her nose.

Oh yeah this was the alt costume thread. Wouldn't it be cool if Ganondorf got a costume that was a hybrid of Beast Mode and human Ganondorf?
Sexual assault. Clearly she's going to make it up to him in the bedroom later.

Charcoal, Grape, Gooey colored. A few ideas for additional Kirbies.

What if Mario sport games are the only cannon Mario games? :o
Like what if golf is something the actors all do together after they get filming a mario adventure?
Makes sense. They're all rich. They're all fake. And they're all white, cept for the non-humans. That reminds me, why are there no black people in Mario? Seems a tad racist, then again, Japan does make the games.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Too bad we can't make R.O.B. be Wall-E
Weeelll, not officially anyways, but http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26874
He kisses her nose.

That would be pretty beast, no pun intended. I'd really like him to have his concept art from the Oracle series, that was a pretty awesome costume. Also: Melee Ganondorf is pretty much a must.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Sexual assault. Clearly she's going to make it up to him in the bedroom later.

Charcoal, Grape, Gooey colored. A few ideas for additional Kirbies.

Makes sense. They're all rich. They're all fake. And they're all white, cept for the non-humans. That reminds me, why are there no black people in Mario? Seems a tad racist, then again, Japan does make the games.
Eh, it's not racist. This is coming from a black guy. But there's plenty of black guys in other Nintendo series, I think it's just cause they never found skin color as something that matters (as it should not in real life).

Also take note that literally every character has the same exact skin tone which proves that skin color isn't something that matters.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Eh, it's not racist. This is coming from a black guy. But there's plenty of black guys in other Nintendo series, I think it's just cause they never found skin color as something that matters (as it should not in real life).

Also take note that literally every character has the same exact skin tone which proves that skin color isn't something that matters.
peach used to be tan.but yeah, i see where you're coming from.

As for kirbs, i want some grape and black recolors.
also, I want one of the pikachu's to have a hat and be the clone version of pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom