• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
I mean at the end of OOT if Link stayed as an adult not returning the Master Sword he would have lead to Wind Waker turning him into a cartoon somehow. If Link put the Master sword back he would have turned into a child and led to Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and then the four swords yet again turning him into a cartoon.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I mean at the end of OOT if Link stayed as an adult not returning the Master Sword he would have lead to Wind Waker turning him into a cartoon somehow. If Link put the Master sword back he would have turned into a child and led to Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and then the four swords yet again turning him into a cartoon.
I think that`s more of a art style change then a canonical change.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Skyward Sword - Regular Link
Minish Cap - Toon Link
Four Swords - Toon Link
OOT - Regular Link
Child Era Majora's Mask - Regular Link/Adult Era Wind Waker - Toon Link

No matter how you look at it they are the same character, and the adult era ends with another four swords making him Toon Link again.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
For everyone who wants Mega Charizard X, the Brawl Vault has it. Here you go

Aww damn that looks so crisp, like the new art PMBR made for Mewtwo and Roy :grin:

Also as cute as the idea of Peach in overalls is it would mess with her down smash. It uses her dress for the hitboxes.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Minish Cap - Toon Link
Four Swords - Toon Link
OOT - Regular Link

No matter how you look at it they are the same character, and the adult era ends with another four swords making him Toon Link again.

Do you know anything about Zelda? It's a different Link in almost every game. The "Toon" look is just a style thing. Not every Toon Link is the same, not every realistic Link is the same, and there's most certainly no Links becoming other Links. :rolleyes:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Minish Cap - Toon Link
Four Swords - Toon Link
OOT - Regular Link

But at the beginning of Wind Waker it mentions the Hero disappearing (Adult Link going back in time) so how is Adult Link both in the past beginning Majora`s Mask and in the future with a new family and younger with a higher pitched voice and no items starting Wind Waker? They arn`t the same person.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
There is an official Time Line in which I got that from, and its not just style seeing as Toon Link is a character in both Brawl and Smash U. A separate character from Link which you can tell by looking at the art of all the games which Link is in which one.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
There is an official Time Line in which I got that from, and its not just style seeing as Toon Link is a character in both Brawl and Smash U. A separate character from Link which you can tell by looking at the art of all the games which Link is in which one.

That doesn`t change the fact that they arn`t the same person. It doesn`t matter if Brawl`s Toon Link is from Wind Waker or Four Swords they still arn`t Link from Twilight Princess.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yes. Nearly every Link is a different Link. Some games are cartoon-styled, though, hence the name Toon Link. What's so hard to get here?

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Just because the title of the game.

One is cartoon styled the other is not that is the only difference.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I thought they were canonically reincarnations of each other? Just different lives / different people. Just doomed to repeat the struggle between good and evil for all eternity.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Just because the title of the game.

One is cartoon styled the other is not that is the only difference.
The differences are that they are all different people (with a few exceptions--OoT/MM have the same Link, WW/PH have the same Link, ALttP/LA/OoS/OoA have the same Link, and Zelda I/II have the same Link, but even then they're different Links from each other.)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I thought they were canonically reincarnations of each other? Just different lives / different people. Just doomed to repeat the struggle between good and evil for all eternity.
Well technically if you think about it, Toon Link was just someone who happened to get thrown into that mess on the day he got cloths similar to the person he was named after.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
1) All named Link
2) All used Sword and Shield
3) All wear about the same clothes, but not exact.
4) There is relatively no difference between any of them besides Cartoon and non Cartoon.

They might not be the exact same person from the exact same life span, but they are all Link.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I've only ever played the OoT remake for the 3DS. So my Zelda lore is limited to vague recollections of what I once heard. Or thought I heard.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
1) All named Link
2) All used Sword and Shield
3) All wear about the same clothes, but not exact.
4) There is relatively no difference between any of them besides Cartoon and non Cartoon.

They might not be the exact same person from the exact same life span, but they are all Link.
Wrong, they are all different people named Link.

Shin F.

Smash Master
What is this I don't even

Link and Toon Link are not the same character, not even close.

"Turning him into a cartoon somehow"? Are you trying to argue that Link actually, canonically became a cartoon? That's what it sounds like. It's just a different art style.

Also... Link putting the Master Sword back didn't affect the timeline. OoT Link was erased from the adult timeline when Zelda sent him back. The time in which he reappeared became the child timeline. The Links who came later on were his descendants or spiritual successors. Also, the adult timeline doesn't have a Four Swords game. The Unified and Child timelines do.

Why is this even being argued over in the first place? What relevance can this possibly have here? Link and Toon Link aren't even alt costumes. They have nothing to do with this.

I say that cause Metal Sonic is yes in fact a different character, a different matter, but its like Link and Toon Link.

[collapse="Link to the Past Zelda"]
[/collapse]
What on earth are you even trying to argue here? Do you even know? You're going back and forth between saying Sonic and Metal Sonic are and aren't the same and you're trying to compare it to Link and Toon Link. Your arguments are incoherent. Start making sense!

To actually try to have this post be on topic - I really want to see an Ice Climbers alt with their hoods down. This was mentioned much earlier in the thread, and I think it's one of the few alts that could possibly make sense for them.

EDIT: Well, I got severely ninja'd by far too many people.

DUDE, quit posting that page from Hyrule Historia if you haven't read Hyrule Historia. The very same book that comes from explains that almost every Link is a different one, with the games taking place hundreds of years apart.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
So by your logic Link should not have alternate costumes as OOT Link and PMBR messed up their own game. Thus they should have made a third Link called OOT Link that is an identical clone of Twilight Princess Link, but it is NOT the same character so that is fine.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So by your logic Link should not have alternate costumes as OOT Link and PMBR messed up their own game. Thus they should have made a third Link called OOT Link that is an identical clone of Twilight Princess Link, but it is NOT the same character so that is fine.
If you wanna get real technical, Link was simply given his Melee look, not his OoT look.
Just like Fox and Falco.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
OOT Link is just TP Link wearing OOT Link`s Cloths.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Oh kay so then Metal Sonic is just Sonic turned into a robot. The same way as Twilight Link is wearing OOT clothes.

Ginge

Smash Ace
OOT Link is just TP Link wearing OOT Link`s Cloths.
And before the "Well, why not have Sonic wear Metal Sonic's outfit. But still be Sonic" argument:

Metal Sonic wouldn't be clothes to wear.

EDIT: Nope. Took too long. CAN WE PLEASE DROP THE METAL SONIC TALK? We're not going to convince each other.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
In theory you could take most human organs and put them into a non organic robot.

He turns super from emeralds and his nemesis is a mad scientist I'm pretty sure its not that hard in his universe.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
This argument would work better if Toon Link was an alt for Link.
I think (I`m saying I think due to the warped logic of the guy we`re talking too) he was talking about my post saying it was TP Link in cosplay even though what you said makes more sense. Link was just given his look in Melee.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
In theory you could take most human organs and put them into a non organic robot.
...and?

I think (I`m saying I think due to the warped logic of the guy we`re talking too) he was talking about my post saying it was TP Link in cosplay even though what you said makes more sense. Link was just given his look in Melee.
It's not just TP Link; he's got different hair and ears and kind of a whole different face, honestly. He just has the same weapons.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

He turns super from emeralds and his nemesis is a mad scientist I'm pretty sure its not that hard in his universe.
But if your organisms were put into a robot would you still be able to act on your own in your new robot body?

Shin F.

Smash Master

Sonic's not a human, though. Also, OoT Link works over TP Link because they have the exact same skills and abilities, and nothing that TP Link does would make OoT Link look out of place. That's not true for Sonic and Metal Sonic, because the Final Smash always turns him into the normal Super Sonic, which is something that Metal Sonic wouldn't be able to do.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Sonic's not a human, though. Also, OoT Link works over TP Link because they have the exact same skills and abilities, and nothing that TP Link does would make OoT Link look out of place. That's not true for Sonic and Metal Sonic, because the Final Smash always turns him into the normal Super Sonic, which is something that Metal Sonic wouldn't be able to do.
And really Melee Fox and Melee Falco are just different looks of Fox and Falco so can`t we just say that the Link in smash bros. is always the same Link with different looks because that can`t be said about the official Zelda games.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
If organisms were, yes your robot body would just act as your muscles through nerve controls. The only reason they look different is due to graphic capability of the system they are released on and just style the designer decided to go with to compensate.

Ginge

Smash Ace

THIS. Argument done. Metal Sonic can't go Super Saiyan Sonic.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
If organisms were, yes your robot body would just act as your muscles through nerve controls. The only reason they look different is due to graphic capability of the system they are released on and just style the designer decided to go with to compensate.
and lets also not forget that they look different BECAUSE THEY ARN`T THE SAME PERSON!

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Yes they are different people, but if all the games came out in the same generation they would all look the same and there never would have been a difference in appearance.

Shin F.

Smash Master
They are different people.
and lets also not forget that they look different BECAUSE THEY ARN`T THE SAME PERSON!
The Links in almost every game are different people. They live centuries apart from each other.

Does anyone have a copy of Hyrule Historia we can send to this guy? Seriously. Find that book, read it, and THEN try to debate about Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom