• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Yes they are different people, but if all the games came out in the same generation they would all look the same and there never would have been a difference in appearance.
Yes. There would have been. Games are stylized differently on purpose. Look at Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (both available for Gamecube?). Same generation. Different look.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yes they are different people, but if all the games came out in the same generation they would all look the same and there never would have been a difference in appearance.
First of all, I doubt that; Nintendo likes to try different things with Zelda's art. Secondly, so? If someone looks like someone else they're the same person?

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
I'm not debating that they are different people I'm saying they are the same character most people don't Play OoT and say this is Link Then sit down and play Wind Waker and tell them selves who is this character I have never seen him before in my life.

I'm pretty sure Twilight Princess was meant for Wii, but they just pushed it for GC for sales purposes.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm not debating that they are different people I'm saying they are the same character most people don't Play OoT and say this is Link Then sit down and play Wind Waker and tell them selves who is this character I have never seen him before in my life.
If you want to get technical, it's up to the PLAYER to name Link, so someone might very well have different names for OoT Link and WW Link. I know I've never named two Links the same thing.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Does anyone have a copy of Hyrule Historia we can send to this guy? Seriously. Find that book, read it, and THEN try to debate about Zelda.
Like I'd send my copy to this guy. :p

But they're not all the same character. They're all different characters who happen to wear similar clothes, do similar things, and share the same name.

Ginge

Smash Ace
To a casual person, unfamiliar with the lore of the series, they wouldn't even be calling him Link. They'd call him Zelda :rolleyes:

They would ALSO assume "Oh. Main character in the series with same name? Same person"

HOWEVER. Fans of the series would know that they are most likely different Links unless explicitly stated in game about timelines.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I really wish we had that Golden-armored Sonic from SatBK as an alt. costume now, having seen how awesome it looks. Unless it's meant to be the Metal Sonic-equivalent of the game and isn't being worn by Sonic. That would stick.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I really wish we had that Golden-armored Sonic from SatBK as an alt. costume now, having seen how awesome it looks. Unless it's meant to be the Metal Sonic-equivalent of the game and isn't being worn by Sonic. That would stick.
Pretty sure that he is the same Sonic. Unlike Metal Sonic :p

That armor would be sick to have on Sonic's arms like DK's boxing gloves.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Shigeru Miyamoto didn't sit down when making every Zelda game and make a different main character he just changed how he looked and what the story of the game was.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I think this discussion of Metal Sonic and all Links being different people is going to make my head explode.

Metal Sonic is not the same person in any way shape or form. This is easily proven because they don't share the same attacks, more often than not and Metal Sonic is an enemy that Sonic can and does fight against.

Every Link at the very least shares the soul of the hero, so after Skyward Sword, they're all descendants in some way or another. They wear the same basic clothes because it's the garb of the hero. (And his look is iconic.)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I`m going to bed. I have school tomorrow and don`t have time to deal with this. You guys make sure to make fun of all the stupid people for me while I`m gone.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Yes The soul of the Hero is what makes the character and I already stated about Metal Sonic being an official alt for Sonic in SADX.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Yes The soul of the Hero is what makes the character and I already stated about Metal Sonic being an official alt for Sonic in SADX.
Well technically Demise only doomed his descendents not cursed him to relive his life again and again. Also, news flash: SADX ISN`T PROJECT M! THE PMBR HAS DIFFERENT RESTRICTIONS AND RULES REGARDING THE MATTER THEN SEGA!

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
I know its not SADX its Project M I was just responding to him about his comment and I'm not trying to argue I'm trying to just state that all Links in all Zelda games are the same character. Not that they are the same person. Not that they all have the same style. Just that the idea behind the person in each game is the same character.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
MMMMM!

You know, I've been thinking about the ICies. I really liked how in Melee, you could play as Nana with some of the skin changes. I'd love it if Project M brought that back for some of the alt costumes. It'd also be sick if you could do the classic Pink/Blue costume with Nana in front. Although, I guess I could see why that'd be confusing, so maybe it's not a good idea... but still, how about like a jet-black Parka for Popo and snow white (hurp) parka for Nana, and you're playing as Nana?

Or even if you're Popo, it's fine. : > I just liked being able to play as Nana, haha.

I might have posted this already, so I'm sorry if I did and I forgot. I think it was in a different thread, though.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The reason that Sega was able to do that in SADX was that they owned the rights to the character and could just give permission to themselves to include that in their game.

However, they didn't give the rights to Metal Sonic (as far as I know) for Brawl. So PMBR can't use that character. Even if Sega used it as an alt for Sonic in SADX.

Shin F.

Smash Master
MMMMM!

You know, I've been thinking about the ICies. I really liked how in Melee, you could play as Nana with some of the skin changes. I'd love it if Project M brought that back for some of the alt costumes. It'd also be sick if you could do the classic Pink/Blue costume with Nana in front. Although, I guess I could see why that'd be confusing, so maybe it's not a good idea... but still, how about like a jet-black Parka for Popo and snow white (hurp) parka for Nana, and you're playing as Nana?

Or even if you're Popo, it's fine. : > I just liked being able to play as Nana, haha.

I might have posted this already, so I'm sorry if I did and I forgot. I think it was in a different thread, though.
I really want an alt of them with their hoods down. Maybe the classic coloration with Nana in the front could do that to distinguish them?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm pretty sure Twilight Princess was meant for Wii, but they just pushed it for GC for sales purposes.
It's actually the opposite. The game was designed for the GC and ported over to the Wii because they needed something to try and sell consoles and promote the Wiimote as a sword.

Just because Sega treats Metal Sonic as an Alt for Sonic in their game does not mean that the PMBR will do the same. Sega also created Big the Cat and Sonic '06. For Shame, Sega.

As far as Link goes, they carry the same soul, but they're if they're not the same person, they're not the same character.

Dante in the abortion that is DMC has the same name as the good Dante from the classic Devil May Cry games, but they're not the same character or the same person. (Nobody with any sense could possibly accept this pissant as the same guy) Logic applies for Link, except not for the same exact reasons.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
That's a cool idea! It'd be adorable to see what they look like without hoods too, haha.

edit: oops, this was @ shin haha. man this board moves fast!

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Metal Sonic is a sticker in Brawl which if I'm correct falls under what PMBR said they would think about when considering.

Oh Kay if the original Dante acts different and does different things then of course they are different characters but just about every link does the same exact thing and act exactly the same.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Metal Sonic is a sticker in Brawl which if I'm correct falls under what PMBR said they would think about when considering.
For the Clone Engine. Not alt costumes.

That's a cool idea! It'd be adorable to see what they look like without hoods too, haha.

edit: oops, this was @ shin haha. man this board moves fast!
I got ninja'd by like 5 people saying the same thing earlier @_@

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
He falls under the appropriate category for making a new character from him, but he's not the same person as Sonic, so he can't be an alt-costume.

Link was an exception that they already mentioned.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
So Mario the plumber also has a doctorate?

I still don't think Meta Knight and Concept Knight are the same character like Galacta Knight is not.

Ginge

Smash Ace
And before you bring up Metal Sonic should be a Clone Engine character then: no.

1) Sonic characters are at the very bottom of what people want from Clone Engine slots.
2) Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow ALL deserve the spot over Metal Sonic.

Yes. Yes he does. He is also a race car driver and an athlete.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yes, and he's a ref, and a construction worker, and an animal abuser, a champion go-karter, a tennis player, soccer player, baseball player, basketball player, a hotel customer/employee, board game player, musician, painter, fighter, adventurer, and hero.

As a matter of fact - yes, he does. He's also a professional race kart driver, athlete, referee, and space man, along with a whooole lot more. The guy's probably the most educated plumber in history.
That or he just stumbles into a lot of crappy situations and makes the best of it.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Yes, and he's a ref, and a construction worker, and an animal abuser, a champion go-karter, a tennis player, soccer player, baseball player, basketball player, a hotel customer/employee, board game player, musician, painter, fighter, adventurer, and hero.
Not to mention a complete and total psychopathic murderer, although that's just a theory.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Mario has a PhD in laying pipe. True story.

Now. We are dropping the Link discussion. We are dropping the Metal Sonic discussion. NO ONE respond to any more posts he makes about it. I don't care what else he says. If we ignore the conversation, it is done.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't going to suggest a Sonic character for a clone. I actually kind of like the Ganon Black Shadow idea.

Shin F.

Smash Master

Now. We are dropping the Link discussion. We are dropping the Metal Sonic discussion. NO ONE respond to any more posts he makes about it. I don't care what else he says. If we ignore the conversation, it is done.
Wait... ignore... that's it! Isn't there an ignore button when you click on a profile picture?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

That's the Super Hornio Brothers, not Mario. Ah ha ha.

I wasn't going to suggest a Sonic character for a clone. I actually kind of like the Ganon Black Shadow idea.
Take it to the clone engine thread then. This thread is about the Alt Costume Engine only.

Not to mention a complete and total psychopathic murderer, although that's just a theory.
He's also a terribly sore loser, world class player, and a golfer.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
As a matter of fact - yes, he does. He's also a professional race kart driver, athlete, referee, and space man, along with a whooole lot more. The guy's probably the most educated plumber in history.
Don't forget toy maker (Mario vs. Donkey Kong), pilot (Super Mario Land), carpenter (Donkey Kong Arcade), fireman (Game & Watch Gallery Series), Cement Factory Worker (Game & Watch) and dinosaur rider (Almost any game with both Mario and Yoshi in it).

DemonBoy

Banned via Warnings
Whoa, this entire thread so far almost made my he explode with all the link/sonic talk.

Speaking of Toon Link, I pretty much finalized Conductor Link's model and textures, unless anyone has any objections.
I think it could fit in perfectly with PM now.

Everyone can expect it on the brawl vault tomorrow or the day after.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Whoa, this entire thread so far almost made my he explode with all the link/sonic talk.

Speaking of Toon Link, I pretty much finalized Conductor Link's model and textures, unless anyone has any objections.
I think it could fit in perfectly with PM now.

Everyone can expect it on the brawl vault tomorrow or the day after.
That is gorgeous. I hope the P:MBR uses this in future releases.

Ginge

Smash Ace
That came out amazing. I don't even have any ideas on improving. Here's hoping it ends up in an official release down the road for P:M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom