• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
I think I've also heard of swimsuits being referred to as "baileys" before, and that the password may mean "just in a bailey", but shortened in a way that makes it look just like a name.

I personally would like to see Samus' civvies from Other M's ending, as a ZSS alt. I posted about it a while back already. I dig the civvies. :cool:

What is a civvie?

Shin F.

Smash Master
He's saying it's not called the Justin Bailey suit in game. That may be what the wiki/fans call it. But it's not "Justin Bailey Samus". It's Samus in civvies.
Actually, at first I was trying to explain that it was Samus after this comment:
Another problem is that that isn't Samus but it's considered to be Justin Baily
And then, after I proved that, he started talking about how the Zero Suit wasn't the same as the Justin Bailey suit, which is entirely obvious enough that I thought he was still arguing that they were different characters entirely. I mean, the point of alt costumes is to have characters in alternate costumes.
I think I've also heard of swimsuits being referred to as "baileys" before, and that the password may mean "just in a bailey", but shortened in a way that makes it look just like a name.
Yep, that's one of the theories out there. Another is that it was pure chance and randomly generated, but somehow I doubt that.

Also even if she isn't the same person, this doesn't stop the fact that ZSS can wear the Justin Bailey anyways.
And dye her hair green.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
It's a term I've seen military people use. They have their uniform. And they wear "civvies", a nickname for civilian clothes, when off duty.
Yep, that's it. My dad is in the Air Force, and I commonly hear that term when I'm around him.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Indeed.

Another good outfit for her could be her military/young appearance, though I'm sure it's been suggested many times.

Also, what if Yoshi had a "dry bones" costume? Different, but that would be interesting to see.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Indeed.

Another good outfit for her could be her military/young appearance, though I'm sure it's been suggested many times.

Also, what if Yoshi had a "dry bones" costume? Different, but that would be interesting to see.

What about yarn yoshi?

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, they could put something on top of one of Yoshi's 10 colors if they have an idea for an alt costume. But yeah, it's not urgent.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Well if we ever get more costumes for ZSS I think we can all agree she'll look even hotter. Even those civilian clothes from Other M look cute in a way.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, whatever costumes we get for ZSS has to come with a matched costume for Samus. Same with Zelda/Sheik.

Costumes, man. So good.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I was having discussions in this thread, the clone engine character thread, the stages discussion, the social threads, and character specific things in the Kirby subforum. Among other things.
Sure you were buddy, sure you were.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
Messed up on Jigglypuff because I forgot the Fairy Wings, I'll just post the 4 characters I've given a complete Costume Roster here with her.

Samus:
1. Varia Suit (R)
2. MP2 Multiplayer Blue (B)
3. MP2 Multiplayer Green (G)
4. Gravity Suit
5. Phazon Suit
6. Fusion Suit (B)
7. Fusion Suit (Varia) (R)
8. Fusion Suit (Green) (G)
9. Dark Suit
10. PED Suit w/ Hazard Shields

Zero Suit Samus:
1. Red (R)
2. Blue (B)
3. Green (G)
4. Purple
5. Black
6. Cyan (B)
7. Magenta (R)
8. Yellow (G)
9. Zero Mission Ending Orange Suit
10. Green Haired Justin Baily Suit

Pikachu:

1. Pikachu
2. Plusle Colored Costume (R) (Plus on Cheeks and Tail)
3. Minun Colored Costume (B) (Minus on Cheeks and Tail)
4. Green Plusle/Minun Costume (With no symbol on its cheeks and a Pichu tail) (G)
5. Red's Hat (R)
6. Brendan's Hat (G)
7. Wizard Hat (B)
8. Goggles (-maybe- Azumarill Colored Body)
9. Euphoric Hat (Melee Green, but Normal Colored Pikachu and Black Hat)
10. Captain's Hat

Jigglypuff:

1. Jigglypuff
2. That Red Hat (one she has now, forgot what those are called) (R)
3. Melee Blue Bow (B)
4. Kirby Sleep Hat (G)
5. Crown
6. Sun Hat
7. Leaf's hat
8. Dawn's Hat
9. Fairy Wings
10. Bigglypuff

Shin F.

Smash Master
Messed up on Jigglypuff because I forgot the Fairy Wings, I'll just post the 4 characters I've given a complete Costume Roster here with her.

Samus:
1. Varia Suit (R)
2. MP2 Multiplayer Blue (B)
3. MP2 Multiplayer Green (G)
4. Gravity Suit
5. Phazon Suit
6. Fusion Suit (B)
7. Fusion Suit (Varia) (R)
8. Fusion Suit (Green) (G)
9. Dark Suit
10. PED Suit w/ Hazard Shields

Zero Suit Samus:
1. Red (R)
2. Blue (B)
3. Green (G)
4. Purple
5. Black
6. Cyan (B)
7. Magenta (R)
8. Yellow (G)
9. Zero Mission Ending Orange Suit
10. Green Haired Justin Baily Suit
I like the idea of pairing Justin Bailey Suit with the Hazard Suit. I wonder, what do people think of having a Dark Samus alt for her first blue costume, though? Instead of MP2 multiplayer blue. I mean, Dark Samus technically has Samus' DNA and Phazon Suit, which is just as close a link as (no pun intended) Link and Dark Link.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of pairing Justin Bailey Suit with the Hazard Suit. I wonder, what do people think of having a Dark Samus alt for her first blue costume, though? Instead of MP2 multiplayer blue. I mean, Dark Samus technically has Samus' DNA and Phazon Suit, which is just as close a link as (no pun intended) Link and Dark Link.
Dark Samus is just Metroid Prime with Samus's Phazon Suit, so it's really a completely different thing. Dark Link is a "Reflection" of Sorts of Link, while Dark Samus has completely different abilities. Also, I ave some of my Father's and Mother's DNA, that doesn't make me my father and mother.

I was about to switch the Justin Baily Suit to be paired with the Dark Suit, but now that you say that, I'll leave it be :p

mood4food77

Smash Hero
this seems like the appropriate place to say this

is it possible to alter character attributes by costume? let's take doc and mario for example

could you make the dr. mario costumes have his sex kick get stronger the longer it stays out (like in melee) and the mario costumes have a normal sex kick? or make their fireballs bounce in different directions? while possible, can you do this without using the clone engine?

cause if doing so, then adding young link as an alternate to toon/adult link could be plausible and a great homage to melee and their clone characters

Ginge

Smash Ace

is it possible to alter character attributes by costume? let's take doc and mario for example

could you make the dr. mario costumes have his sex kick get stronger the longer it stays out (like in melee) and the mario costumes have a normal sex kick? or make their fireballs bounce in different directions? while possible, can you do this without using the clone engine?

cause if doing so, then adding young link as an alternate to toon/adult link could be plausible and a great homage to melee and their clone characters
I'm pretty sure they confirmed that the alt costumes can change cosmetic things, but not stats / hit boxes / etc.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet

Not possible.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Dark Samus is just Metroid Prime with Samus's Phazon Suit, so it's really a completely different thing. Dark Link is a "Reflection" of Sorts of Link, while Dark Samus has completely different abilities. Also, I ave some of my Father's and Mother's DNA, that doesn't make me my father and mother.

I was about to switch the Justin Baily Suit to be paired with the Dark Suit, but now that you say that, I'll leave it be :p
Wait, you aren't an exact clone of one of your parents? Is that just me that's like that? Huh. Weird.

In all seriousness, point taken, but I really think Dark Link is no closer to being Link than Dark Samus is to being Samus. I mean, Dark Link is a reflection, yes, but he's a reflection created by combining Link's abilities, skills and appearance with dark magic. Dark Samus is a genetic clone of Samus created by combining Samus' DNA, skills and suit with Metroid Prime.

... If she can't be Dark Samus, she can at least dress like her though, right? Paint her suit to look like Dark Samus? And use Phazon-looking attacks since Peach has dark attacks in her Shadow Queen costume.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
Wait, you aren't an exact clone of one of your parents? Is that just me that's like that? Huh. Weird.

In all seriousness, point taken, but I really think Dark Link is no closer to being Link than Dark Samus is to being Samus. I mean, Dark Link is a reflection, yes, but he's a reflection created by combining Link's abilities, skills and appearance with dark magic. Dark Samus is a genetic clone of Samus created by combining Samus' DNA, skills and suit with Metroid Prime.

... If she can't be Dark Samus, she can at least dress like her though, right? Paint her suit to look like Dark Samus? And use Phazon-looking attacks since Peach has dark attacks in her Shadow Queen costume.

I'm mainly just not putting it as one of her costumes because, if Ridley is in SSB4, Dark Samus just became the most wanted Metroid Character in the clone engine. And I Really like the look of MP2 Multiplayer Blue, over another Darkish Blackish Suit (Dark Suit, Phazon Suit, and... technically the Phazon Suit again).

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm mainly just not putting it as one of her costumes because, if Ridley is in SSB4, Dark Samus just became the most wanted Metroid Character in the clone engine. And I Really like the look of MP2 Multiplayer Blue, over another Darkish Blackish Suit (Dark Suit, Phazon Suit, and... technically the Phazon Suit again).
Fair enough. It's your list.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Well, they could put something on top of one of Yoshi's 10 colors if they have an idea for an alt costume. But yeah, it's not urgent.
I hope they don't do that. There should be one more slot for Yoshi if they really need another costume, and that should definitely be for a brown Yoshi's Island Yoshi color. Wario has 12 costumes, so I figure they can reach that total if they really want to. I'm not sure of the restrictions though.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Seeing as how they got rid of Wario style Mario and that Fox/Falco only have 4 Melee colors, I assume they are given a 10 color limit.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The limit (at least with cBliss, I can't speak for ACE though I imagine it's similar) comes from the way the cosmetics are named, specifically, the battle portraits. Mario's first portrait is numbered 000, his next one is 001, all the way up to 009 (or, like, 005 or 006 in vBrawl). Donkey Kong's starts at 010, so if they gave Mario an eleventh costume, it would overlap with Donkey Kong's battle portrait. If you gave Donkey Kong another costume, it would intersect with the next character, who starts at 020 (Link, I think.)

Wario is special, because he had more allotted battle portraits from the beginning since he had 12 costumes anyway, but every other character follows the naming pattern above. PMBR could, theoretically, change it, but I doubt they would bother renaming and writing code to repoint at 460+ files.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
The limit (at least with cBliss, I can't speak for ACE though I imagine it's similar) comes from the way the cosmetics are named, specifically, the battle portraits. Mario's first portrait is numbered 000, his next one is 001, all the way up to 009 (or, like, 005 or 006 in vBrawl). Donkey Kong's starts at 010, so if they gave Mario an eleventh costume, it would overlap with Donkey Kong's battle portrait. If you gave Donkey Kong another costume, it would intersect with the next character, who starts at 020 (Link, I think.)

Wario is special, because he had more allotted battle portraits from the beginning since he had 12 costumes anyway, but every other character follows the naming pattern above. PMBR could, theoretically, change it, but I doubt they would bother renaming and writing code to repoint at 460+ files.
Couldn't they, if they wanted to, Clone another character over Wario's Slot, and then Clone Wario to that other character if they felt another character deserved 12 slots more than Wario did? Obviously couldn't be done with Zelda, Shiek, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Nana, or Popo, but with anyone else, couldn't they?

Though that IS a lot of work for mere cosmetics.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Couldn't they, if they wanted to, Clone another character over Wario's Slot, and then Clone Wario to that other character if they felt another character deserved 12 slots more than Wario did? Obviously couldn't be done with Zelda, Shiek, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Nana, or Popo, but with anyone else, couldn't they?

Though that IS a lot of work for mere cosmetics.
They probably could, if they really wanted to, but that would only get them one character with two extra slots, and then Wario loses two of his. It's honestly not worth the time and effort it would take to port those characters.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
So is there any chance we can ever see this as an alt costume for Fox? I know he already has an alt costume, but I think this would be great:

Credit to Taiko for the image

...I'm sorry guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom