• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginge

Smash Ace
We're not going to get Third Link. I'd rather have Young Link than Toon Link, but we don't need three variations of the move set.

But I am all for Spiky-Eared Pichu if Pichu does end up in Project M down the road.

Dude, that doesn't go here. Please keep it in the Clone Engine thread.
He had made the post in his own thread. I think a moderator might have moved it here.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Well I posted my idea for Young Link is because it would be kinda strange having all removed characters except him.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I'd imagine that recolors of existing alt costumes would be easier (based on Dr. Mario having 5 colors once they made the model). So I think it would be great if they gave him 4 more colors to his boxing outfit.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
So 3.0 was really great. It was really fun but their needs some improvements and I wold like to suggest some things.
First thing I noticed was when using brawlbox I found a stock icon of Pichu. Which probably means Pichu and Young Link will be in...
If Pichu does make it in this is what he needs:
-He needs a alternate costume that will make him look like Spiky-Eared Pichu from Heart Gold and Soul Silver
-His final smash should be something different than Pikachu. So maybe he could use his ukulele from Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Sign. He could probably use it like Barbara's Assist Trophy
If Pichu can make it than that means Young Link has a shot as well. So he probably needs:
-He probably needs to have his Fire Arrows but since Toon Link has some maybe Toon Link can have Ice Arrows instead
-He needs a redesign. For some reason they used his Ocarina of Time look instead of Majora's Mask. So I think instead of wooden shield he should get his Hero Shield and the sword can just stay and have his Majora's Mask design
-For a final smash instead of having the Triforce Slash maybe he could turn into Fierce Deity Link in do a powerful strike
-Also maybe one of his taunts could be putting on the Keaton Mask
Young Link... no, just no. Toon Link is what Young Link tried to be and so much more. We have toon link with a taunt from young link. Really, he just needs a similar outfit, and we're done.
I really can't imagine young link being any better than toon link...

Pichu yes, spikey ear is needed. So is shiny, raichu, plusle/minium, and dedende colorations with different hats and such. Personally, I'm for plusle and minum replacing him, but that's just me....

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, *if* Pichu gets made, we'd be discussing alt costumes here? I guess. Closest thing I can think of.

splat

Smash Lord
[...]So is shiny, raichu, plusle/minium, and dedende colorations [...]
Why do people tend to mention only half of the Pika-clones? It's a pretty bad idea to begin with, compare their palettes:

Pikachu (yellow)
Pichu (light yellow and black)
Marill (blue and white)
Plusle (light yellow and red)
Minun (light yellow and blue)
Pachirisu (white and blue)
Emolga (white, yellow and black)
Dedenne (orange and light yellow)

Eight Pokémon, all of them mention either a shade of yellow or blue.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Regardless of not listing them: alt COLORS on Pikachu, rather than just hats, would be nice. Same for Jiggs.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, "rather than just hats" could be taken to cover alternate colors AND alternate colors with hats, depending on how you read it :p I'm down for both. I'm just tired of Lucario, the Pokemon Trainer Trio, and now even Mewtwo getting actual colored versions, but no love for coloring the N64 pair.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
What they should do (and this has probably been talked about already) is make it so normal costumes for Pikachu and Jiggs are them without the hat and then make the hats the alternative costumes. If not the other way around. Pikachu would be colored like Raichu, Minun for Blue, Plusle for red, and maybe have some random pokemon as green like Leafeon or even better. Another electric type. (implying there are any green electric types)

Recoloring Jiggs would be pretty much like recoloring Kirby so it'd be clever to see what they'd do.

Wait. WAIT. I JUST REALIZED PM DIDN'T HAVE FIGHTER JIGGS. WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
ifitdoesimisseditsomybad

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
What they should do (and this has probably been talked about already) is make it so normal costumes for Pikachu and Jiggs are them without the hat and then make the hats the alternative costumes. If not the other way around. Pikachu would be colored like Raichu, Minun for Blue, Plusle for red, and maybe have some random pokemon as green like Leafeon or even better. Another electric type. (implying there are any green electric types)

Recoloring Jiggs would be pretty much like recoloring Kirby so it'd be clever to see what they'd do.

Wait. WAIT. I JUST REALIZED PM DIDN'T HAVE FIGHTER JIGGS. WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
ifitdoesimisseditsomybad
Or they could do Luxray for Blue.

splat

Smash Lord
They shouldn't. I think the way costumes are set up for the Pokemon now is much better: it's original, and fits the 'cutesy' scheme for those Pokemon.

ifitdoesimisseditsomybad
Because additional bones would be needed to animate the headband.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Kirby with headband would be kinda sweet, too. But I feel it would interfere or distract from his copy ability hats.

Green electric:

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Well I mean there was a pack on brawl vault a while ago that had like Old Snake, Twin Snake, Camo Snake, Big Boss Snake, and Naked Snake there might have been others.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Or they could do Luxray for Blue.
Marill for blue?
Bcuz he ain`t special enough
How dare you make up these lies

But in all seriousness, Snake could have his MG, MG2, MGS, or MGS4 appearances. He could have a tux. He could have his Pliskin disguise. He could have Big Boss's fatigues. There are really more possibilities for Snake than there are for most other characters.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
I know they didn't, but my point is he has plenty of alternate costumes that are different looking enough to be considerable.

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know, but a decent amount of characters had alternates. Snake had not one I guess I'm more curious if they are even considering it.

Ginge

Smash Ace
There will either be alternates or 10 costumes slots for all the characters, if I had to guess, down the road. It's just a matter of which ones they got done in time for this update. A good portion of characters DON'T have alternate costumes. I think Dry Bowser, Mr. L, and the good Doctor were nice touches

:bubblebobble:

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
17 of the characters had an alternate in some form. That's almost half the characters. I'm hoping for a Galacta Knight some time in the future also.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
17 of the characters had an alternate in some form. That's almost half the characters. I'm hoping for a Galacta Knight some time in the future also.
Galacta Knight

1) Doesn`t use a sword
2) Isn`t Metaknight
3) Isn`t Metaknight
and
4) Isn`t Metaknight

Ginge

Smash Ace

41% of the cast. We'll get alt costumes for other characters down the road. I was just saying since there are A LOT without any alt costumes, there's no use complaining that Snake doesn't have one yet.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, we could end up with a Galacta Knight themed Metaknight. Like take the color scheme and applying it to Metaknight. That mask would be tasty, though...

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that being said I doubt there would ever be a Metal Sonic as a Sonic alternate. Even though they are the same character in about every way including personality they are not the same character.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
For kirby I'd think a Black, Brown, Orange, and Purple color swaps would be good.
Also, I saw someone somewhere post that all characters (with the exception of Wario?) will only have up to 10 color swaps/ costumes in total. Is this true?)

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Seems that thems the limits at the moment. Which, considering, is still a lot.
*Tens
And ten sure is a lot, seeing how most characters without any added costumes have room for 5-4 more costumes, which is more than enough for most of the cast.
The only character I wish could cross ten is mario, so that he could have that Wario coloration back. But whatever.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Even though I know it won't happen because they're seperate characters, MGSV Big Boss over Snake would be awesome. The bandana bones could be replaced with a ponytail (see my profile picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom