• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Honestly, this is probably the only way we'll get playable Ridley. Sakurai has stated multiple times about how he hates the idea of playable Ridley.

Cause they aren't special. Personally I don't think Piratechu should be a special either. But since he is, I think he needs more alternative costumes. Maybe a red bandana Pikachu and a green eyepatch Pikachu to go with the pirate theme.

Also Red Bandana should be Raichu colored like Generally Epic and a few others have been saying for the last few posts.

Source on that sakurai statement please.

And in regards to captain pikachu.

It's not pirate based, but based on a card.

If we're gonna get an alt we need sparky tho.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Honestly, this is probably the only way we'll get playable Ridley. Sakurai has stated multiple times about how he hates the idea of playable Ridley.
I'm still hopeful (even if it's unlikely) that he'll be in Smash 4, but failing that, he should absolutely be in P:M.

Also, your pirate-themed alts are good ideas.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Can you explain what you mean by 'have to' and 'same character'?
by whose rules do they 'have to' be? and what rules limit 'same character'?

i figured it would work since Dr mario and mario are escentially the same, but with different skins / effects.
have too means they have too and same character means you can`t have chuck norris over Captain Falcon. These are all rules set by the PMBR. Also, how would Ridley (A character from metroid who isn`t charizard) and Charizard (a character from pokemon who isn`t Ridley) be the same as Dr. Mario (Mario from Mario`s universe as a doctor) and Mario (mario from mario`s universe as a plumber)?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I'm still hopeful (even if it's unlikely) that he'll be in Smash 4, but failing that, he should absolutely be in P:M.

Also, your pirate-themed alts are good ideas.
The reason it's unlikely it's because of the new Metroid stage which is said to have Ridley in it. And before everyone starts talking about how Toon Link is both a background and playable. Those are two different Links. One is from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, the other is from Spirit Tracks which takes place about 100 years after the previously stated games.

Source on that sakurai statement please.

And in regards to captain pikachu.

It's not pirate based, but based on a card.

If we're gonna get an alt we need sparky tho.

I'll see if I can find it. If I can't I'll retract my statement.

Also the PMBR called it Pirate Pikachu so I wouldn't know.

Narpas_sword

ah ok, i guess for a proper looking/sounding ridley, that makes sense.

I was just thinking a retexture, didnt think the posibilities extended much further than that anyway

have too means they have too and same character means you can`t have chuck norris over Captain Falcon. These are all rules set by the PMBR. Also, how would Ridley (A character from metroid who isn`t charizard) and Charizard (a character from pokemon who isn`t Ridley) be the same as Dr. Mario (Mario from Mario`s universe as a doctor) and Mario (mario from mario`s universe as a plumber)?
yea bro, was asking if 'have to' was either a 'have to because we decided thats what were sticking to' or a 'we have to due to techincal limitations'
and if 'same character' meant 'same base charcter physics moveset etc' or 'is literally the same person in the games universe'

but cool, your explanation of 'have to means have to', and 'same character means same character' with the little 'duh how is churizurd and rerdley the serm?' really helped _b

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The reason it's unlikely it's because of the new Metroid stage which is said to have Ridley in it. And before everyone starts talking about how Toon Link is both a background and playable. Those are two different Links. One is from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, the other is from Spirit Tracks which takes place about 100 years after the previously stated games.
Ridley's my most wanted character who hasn't been confirmed, so I know all the reasons it seems less likely. I'm holding out hope (not expectations) that the quote was a throwaway and doesn't mean anything.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
My thoughts exactly. I mean, I like the Fusion Suit, but I'd much prefer something light the Dark Suit, Light Suit, or PED suit. That way we still get the cool armored look, but also something that looks different enough from the default suit.

If someone from the PMBR is reading this, PLEASE consider these suits as Samus' alt costume! I'd love to see one of these in game. Great thing about Samus for this topic: she has PLENTY of costume options to choose from. :D
agrrred.Who doesn't want phazon suit? :o

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Out of topic for alternative costumes and talking about Ridley for a second.

Turns out Sakurai doesn't hate the idea of Ridley being playable, but he says it would take A LOT of work and he would be really slow. The source is Nintendo Power sometime in 2008. Here's a picture explaining some of the details.

This doesn't stop me from believing Ridley won't be playable in Smash Bros 4. He's been teasing too much about how he will be present in the new SSB4 Stage as either something in the background, a stage hazard, or something in between.

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
There's multiple Ridley's too IIRC.

Just saying. Although I'm not a Ridley supporter either way. I'd rather have Dark Samus for a second Metroid rep.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I would love for Metroid to get more reps, it's just crazy hard to do it. It's the pains that come from being an isolation-based exploration action game.

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
I would love for Metroid to get more reps, it's just crazy hard to do it. It's the pains that come from being an isolation-based exploration action game.
Dark Samus would be feasible. She's been in 3 games, she isn't too big, and she actually differs quite significantly from Samus.

It just depends on Sakurai getting his **** together for once.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Dark Samus would be feasible. She's been in 3 games, she isn't too big, and she actually differs quite significantly from Samus.

Okay, I understand people getting mad at Sakurai, but did you know that the guy works non-stop on the game to please the fans? And yet they are never pleased. I actually don't think another Smash might come after this one because his health is so ridiculously poor BECAUSE of the stress of trying to make a Smash Brothers game.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, as a member of the PM backroom, I look up to Sakurai. He works hard.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Okay, I understand people getting mad at Sakurai, but did you know that the guy works non-stop on the game to please the fans? And yet they are never pleased. I actually don't think another Smash might come after this one because his health is so ridiculously poor BECAUSE of the stress of trying to make a Smash Brothers game.
Most people don't care about the people making the games as long as they get a quality game.

A sad truth.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Most people don't care about the people making the games as long as they get a quality game.

A sad truth.
Most developers don't work themselves to death like Sakurai either. Honestly, whatever choices he's made that I disagree with, my respect for the man is pretty high considering how committed he is to his craft.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Most developers don't work themselves to death like Sakurai either. Honestly, whatever choices he's made that I disagree with, my respect for the man is pretty high considering how committed he is to his craft.
I have respect for anyone who can make a game that I enjoy.

coughcough PMBR coughcough.

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet

I have huge respect for Sakurai, and I love and appreciate all his work. I just don't agree with a lot of his decisions lately(especially concerning newcomers). I apologize if my last post implied otherwise.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I have huge respect for Sakurai, and I love and appreciate all his work. I just don't agree with a lot of his decisions lately(especially concerning newcomers). I apologize if my last post implied otherwise.
It's fair, but tell me right now that these 3 newcomers aren't the most newcomers we have ever gotten in any Smash Brothers game up to date.

If you do you're a liar. I have a feeling Sakurai has some nifty things to show us when this game comes out.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
It's fair, but tell me right now that these 3 newcomers aren't the most newcomers we have ever gotten in any Smash Brothers game up to date.

If you do you're a liar. I have a feeling Sakurai has some nifty things to show us when this game comes out.
He'll probably be holding it until Christmas or something so he can say "Happy Christmas!"

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
This is a really really silly thought, but after seeing Yoshi's victory poses and being reminded of it, I have to offer the suggestion for his Alt Costume. I burst out laughing after seeing the picture myself. What do you guys think?

MLGF

Smash Lord
And now on the right topic!

Alright, so I was thinking about our three FE lords. If I haven't said it before, I certainly implied it anyways, I LOVE Fire Emblem. When I thought about the alt costume engine, I hadn't considered the possibility of putting in some obscure FE characters as an alt. I'm a fanboy, but I'm not stupid.
Now then, I realized after this version, that these alts can also come in the form of extra costumes. Yoshi has 4 extra colors for example. Squirtle has an alt representing Shiny Blastoise and Charizard has a Salamence alt. It's obvious that while alt costumes of different characters is a no-no, colors BASED off other characters can be added as an expansion, similar to Marth-Pent.

So I think I made my implications fairly obvious. Let's give the FE characters some alts. based off other lord characters. I'm not going to go on how "SETH SHOULD BE AN IKE COLOR!", I'm just going on other main characters who I feel aren't acknowledged enough and deserve to.

Let's take a look at what I think would make a great Roy color.

Leif's based design (plain colors under armor) obviously inspired Roy. Exemplified seeing as how Leif was the lord of FE5 and Roy was the lord of FE6. Not to mention the date between the releases were only 2 years apart. A Leif alt would be nice :p

As for Marth
http://genealogyvsthracia776.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/fire-emblem-seliph.jpg[/collapse]
Seriously, I know. Enough with the blue is what you say. Seliph's blue is a good bit brighter then Marth's for sure. And it has more emphasis on white, giving him a more holy vibe. I'd say it's a nice color to give him.

And Ike...

Ike doesn't have a white color scheme. Nuff said.
Also Ike and Sigurd are two of the most OP characters in the series, they deserve each other.

Another Ike...

Ike as a lord in FE9, I'm honestly surprised this wasn't in Brawl initially. Please PMBR, pwetty pwease?

Oh and one that I feel could work on any of them, but I'm not sure which one would fit the best.

Yeah, I just think it'd be nice to reference this pallet, but I can't think of anyone it'd work on specifically well.

FE has so many characters that I'd think it be a shame that these characters aren't referenced at all. I understand some people want Marth of have Awakening alts, but so much potential pallets are missed by looking at it from such a perspective. FE has a great history, I'd like to see it.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
And now on the right topic!

Alright, so I was thinking about our three FE lords. If I haven't said it before, I certainly implied it anyways, I LOVE Fire Emblem. When I thought about the alt costume engine, I hadn't considered the possibility of putting in some obscure FE characters as an alt. I'm a fanboy, but I'm not stupid.
Now then, I realized after this version, that these alts can also come in the form of extra costumes. Yoshi has 4 extra colors for example. Squirtle has an alt representing Shiny Blastoise and Charizard has a Salamence alt. It's obvious that while alt costumes of different characters is a no-no, colors BASED off other characters can be added as an expansion, similar to Marth-Pent.

So I think I made my implications fairly obvious. Let's give the FE characters some alts. based off other lord characters. I'm not going to go on how "SETH SHOULD BE AN IKE COLOR!", I'm just going on other main characters who I feel aren't acknowledged enough and deserve to.

Let's take a look at what I think would make a great Roy color.

Leif's based design (plain colors under armor) obviously inspired Roy. Exemplified seeing as how Leif was the lord of FE5 and Roy was the lord of FE6. Not to mention the date between the releases were only 2 years apart. A Leif alt would be nice :p

As for Marth
http://genealogyvsthracia776.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/fire-emblem-seliph.jpg[/collapse]
Seriously, I know. Enough with the blue is what you say. Seliph's blue is a good bit brighter then Marth's for sure. And it has more emphasis on white, giving him a more holy vibe. I'd say it's a nice color to give him.

And Ike...

Ike doesn't have a white color scheme. Nuff said.
Also Ike and Sigurd are two of the most OP characters in the series, they deserve each other.

Another Ike...

Ike as a lord in FE9, I'm honestly surprised this wasn't in Brawl initially. Please PMBR, pwetty pwease?

Oh and one that I feel could work on any of them, but I'm not sure which one would fit the best.

Yeah, I just think it'd be nice to reference this pallet, but I can't think of anyone it'd work on specifically well.

FE has so many characters that I'd think it be a shame that these characters aren't referenced at all. I understand some people want Marth of have Awakening alts, but so much potential pallets are missed by looking at it from such a perspective. FE has a great history, I'd like to see it.
pics for Roy and the last one aren't working at all

trojanpooh

Smash Lord

I like how Sakurai makes one bad game in his entire life and all the sudden he's the freakin' devil.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Which game would that be?
Brawl's not a bad game, but a competitive scene like this wont view it fairly in that regard. I'm just as guilty, and not ashamed of it.

How did the conversation shift from alts to this though?

Anyway. Those Yoshi colors are the absolute greatest, and I'm indebted to the PMBR for makin my dream come true.

My thoughts now are:

Ike- Vanguard/Lord/Both
Snake- Old Snake w/ Solid Eye
Sonic - Still colors.
Mario - (If he has room for another alt) Hammer Suit with hammers.
Kirby - Orange, Purple and Black (with white feet)
Diddy - Victory glasses/backwards hat
Shelda - OoT
Ganon - OoT (Is this possible? Their proportions might be different.)
Samus - Light Suit and Phazon Suit.
Zamus - Justin Bailey
G&W - R63

Possibles if playable:

Pichu: Spikey Eared
Ridley: Meta Ridley, and a Barney coloration.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I use an OoT Ganondorf skin, and it looks fine. They have pretty similar proportions. Here's an example of an OoT skin:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^ Love it!

Awesome. Honestly hope they go for something like that in the next build. Wish it was possible to give the alt the old voice files without using Riivolution, because I always liked OoT Ganon's voice.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I use an OoT Ganondorf skin, and it looks fine. They have pretty similar proportions. Here's an example of an OoT skin:

Nonsense, we need something a little more like what /apples made.

Although the PM is a little more simple about things and wouldn't revamp him this much. I sure hope they use this beautiful work of art if not something much better. And I personally don't think it gets better than this.

Brawl's not a bad game, but a competitive scene like this wont view it fairly in that regard. I'm just as guilty, and not ashamed of it.

How did the conversation shift from alts to this though?

Anyway. Those Yoshi colors are the absolute greatest, and I'm indebted to the PMBR for makin my dream come true.

My thoughts now are:

Ike- Vanguard/Lord/Both
Snake- Old Snake w/ Solid Eye
Sonic - Still colors.
Mario - (If he has room for another alt) Hammer Suit with hammers.
Kirby - Orange, Purple and Black (with white feet)
Diddy - Victory glasses/backwards hat
Shelda - OoT
Ganon - OoT (Is this possible? Their proportions might be different.)
Samus - Light Suit and Phazon Suit.
Zamus - Justin Bailey
G&W - R63

Possibles if playable:

Pichu: Spikey Eared
Ridley: Meta Ridley, and a Barney coloration.
Each character can only have a total of 10 costumes with the exception of Wario. That's the reason why Mario actually lost his yellow costume. This makes his hammer costume done.

Which game would that be?
Definitely not Brawl. I don't care what anyone says. Aside from bad physics, Brawl was an amazing game. It brought more to the table than Melee could ever even pray to do so. The only bad thing it did was displease the competitive side of Smash Bros. Even so many people still play Brawl competitively and to me the best Smash Bros fight ever was definitely Salem vs Mew2King. That was intense. Oh and it took place in Brawl I should add. Check it out sometime.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
^ Love it!

Awesome. Honestly hope they go for something like that in the next build. Wish it was possible to give the alt the old voice files without using Riivolution, because I always liked OoT Ganon's voice.
Sorry for doublepost but I saw this moments after I posted and can't seem to edit again.

You can actually do that now with the latest PM build. Just put the sawnd file in the sfx folder and done! I replaced Pit's, Sonic's, and Bowser's voice to Kid Icarus, Roger Craig Smith, and Bowser's Inside Story respectively.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sorry for doublepost but I saw this moments after I posted and can't seem to edit again.

You can actually do that now with the latest PM build. Just put the sawnd file in the sfx folder and done! I replaced Pit's, Sonic's, and Bowser's voice to Kid Icarus, Roger Craig Smith, and Bowser's Inside Story respectively.
Whoa! That's amazing! I need to go replace Diddy and DK's with their 64 voiced, because those are the absolute best. I know someone's made packs for them as we'll. ultra hype.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
"Aside from not playing well, Brawl was an amazing game"
What I meant to say was that aside from Brawl being a slow game, it was still absolutely amazing. The game controlled just fine and played amazing well.

Anyways, this isn't the thread to discuss Brawl's physics anyways. Nor the subforum. We're here to discuss alternative costumes and I still want to see Dededoo or Masked Dedede. Dededoo would be funny, but Masked Dedede would bring not just a mask but also a new hammer, and it would be glorious.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
After hearing that Ivysaur's 5th alternate colour was the scrapped winter themed Ivysaur' I felt disappointed that he didn't get anything more original. I think it shares too much with the original blue colored skin and wish it was developed as its own thing.

Ivy has good colors but he needs a badass skin that mixes Black/white/grey. I think that would be swell =).

He doesn't have much options in terms of costumes though aside from maybe the mewtwo's venusaur skin patterns. I think it'd be awesome if he got a miniature venusaur costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom