• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
If Pikachu's alts arent used up, we should get a Pichu model change...

Shin F.

Smash Master
If Pikachu's alts arent used up, we should get a Pichu model change...
Pichu's body type and proportions are too different from Pikachu's to work very well. I made a post about this a long time ago in another thread, I'll repost that here.
By the way, just made this real quick to show you why Pichu can't be a costume:
Here, we have the Melee models of Pichu and Pikachu side by side. To the left is Pichu at his original size and to the right, he is scaled so that he's at the same head height as Pikachu. As you can see, he doesn't match up nearly enough. Looking at the back shot, his tail isn't long enough even on the scaled-up version, his head is far too big, and his ears are ridiculously large compared to Pikachu's. Not to mention that he doesn't even have legs. For a costume to work, they need to be a very, very close match to the original. Pichu quite simply would not work.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Dat Osohe kill...

I guess if you can't manage to hit Lucas while he's basically standing still for so long, you deserve to get insta-KO'd, lol.
My friend and I actually tried to get this so many times today in doubles friendlies. We'd get it down to one opponent, and then my friend (Playing as Ness) would try to use Fair Strings to keep them away from me as I danced.

We never landed it, even if I managed to finish the dance we could never time it so that the enemy was in range of the Taunt. Hopefully we'll learn to accurately get a Ness b-throw into PK Osohe Smackdown.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
am i the only one who want a Gokucario? With a orange/blue recolor Like we already have Ryucario (but its not based on ry... WHATEVER)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
am i the only one who want a Gokucario? With a orange/blue recolor Like we already have Ryucario (but its not based on ry... WHATEVER)
YES.
YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE.
GET OUT OF MY HOUSE.

You're not my son anymore.
You're dead to me.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I am not trying to offend you, but

Last edited:

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
Honest question (partially fueled by not having been able to play 3.5 and check), since Project M 3.6 has custom Wariomans(men?), does Beat Sonic have a Super Sonic to himself? It seems like it'd be possible, but I can't recall off the top of my head and searches have proven lackluster.

On the topic of Gokucario. part of me could see a conveniently redish orange gi-ed Shiny Lucario, but that is a very unusual color for the Gi and likely would look out of place. Furthest I'd dare to go with it is a true red or a true blue, but it'd be entirely understandable to simply have a White Gi and Black Gi recolor.

Side note, didn't somebody suggest Alm's Traditional Knight armor for Roy's Alt? Silly as it sounds I could really get behind a cape-less FE alt.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Honest question (partially fueled by not having been able to play 3.5 and check), since Project M 3.6 has custom Wariomans(men?), does Beat Sonic have a Super Sonic to himself? It seems like it'd be possible, but I can't recall off the top of my head and searches have proven lackluster.
Sonic is different. Giga Bowser and Wario Man have their own character slots for their FS transformations. They have to because they've got their own movesets and animations. Super Sonic doesn't, so he only exists inside of Sonic's moveset files, which have a limited file size limit and wouldn't be as easy to add new things to.
Side note, didn't somebody suggest Alm's Traditional Knight armor for Roy's Alt? Silly as it sounds I could really get behind a cape-less FE alt.
Don't remember that. I just remember Awakening and Leif Cosplay Roy being popular.

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
Sonic is different. Giga Bowser and Wario Man have their own character slots for their FS transformations. They have to because they've got their own movesets and animations. Super Sonic doesn't, so he only exists inside of Sonic's moveset files, which have a limited file size limit and wouldn't be as easy to add new things to.
Makes sense, Super Sonic's less along the lines of a Wario Man and Giga Bowser, more along the lines of say Pikachu's Volt tackle or Ganondorf's Beast Ganon, it's not so much a pilotable character as a ball of damage you get to wiggle around.

Don't remember that. I just remember Awakening and Leif Cosplay Roy being popular.
Mmh, weird, coulda sworn that was here too. side note having gone back and looked at Leif's classic armor, I can see why that's such a supported cosplay. the Wider shoulderpads and the Golden chest Arrow look pretty Snazzy.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I kinda wish Super Sonic was just an invincible, OP Sonic, instead of just a Final Smash move. It makes the move more nostalgic.

And Idunno, I kinda want recolors for a full Awakening Roy alt color.

While we're on topic, would it even be possible to change Final Smashes? Because if so, I wouldn't mind seeing Snake's Grenade Launcher getting replaced with an assault rifle, so you can actually deal immediate damage instead of just shooting at the enemy while they airdodge and run away.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I kinda wish Super Sonic was just an invincible, OP Sonic, instead of just a Final Smash move. It makes the move more nostalgic.

And Idunno, I kinda want recolors for a full Awakening Roy alt color.

While we're on topic, would it even be possible to change Final Smashes? Because if so, I wouldn't mind seeing Snake's Grenade Launcher getting replaced with an assault rifle, so you can actually deal immediate damage instead of just shooting at the enemy while they airdodge and run away.
Except that would take up another character slot...

Draco_The

Smash Lord
That would be QUITE boring. Snake's Final Smash is cool as it is.

Exodo

Smash Ace
The words "Dragon Ball Z" can literally sum up almost half of my childhood, but I am in agreement. Please nah.
Yeah.. now that i think it better a reference outside nintendo is not a good idea... i was just watching dbz on tv and the idea came up, but it was not a good one..

To compensate my horrible suggestion here is a better one:

can be tweaked to look better, aura suit?

Wait is this even nintendo... im contradicting myself.. whatever still looks better

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Yeah.. now that i think it better a reference outside nintendo is not a good idea... i was just watching dbz on tv and the idea came up, but it was not a good one..

To compensate my horrible suggestion here is a better one:

can be tweaked to look better, aura suit?

Wait is this even nintendo... im contradicting myself.. whatever still looks better
This is like if Judge Dredd had a crossover with Pokemon and the universes combined..

Exodo

Smash Ace
Ok seems like i have no good ideas for lucario, other than the obvious sir aaron cosplay..

You know what? Lets just add this costume for lucario..

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This is why they probably won't expand the costume slots to 14-15 whatever the number is when they could, people need them all filled up even when a character has a lot of costumes already.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Should Jigglypuff's Focus Sash costume idea be taken out of the "Costumes which can or will not be done according to PMBR" due to that mod that was posted here a while ago? It was there because it couldn't be done, but that mod showed otherwise.

Also it's PMDT now.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
This is why they probably won't expand the costume slots to 14-15 whatever the number is when they could, people need them all filled up even when a character has a lot of costumes already.
I still hope it happens because certain characters have a lot of potential for alts.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I think Peach should get her Parasol, Perry, from Super Princess Peach.

It's even in the game as a trophy..

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Because it's a nice way to reference something from Brawl that got lost. Charizard's current forward throw animation isn't too fast and its knockback makes sense for a headbutt so the properties of the attack wouldn't change a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom