• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I DID A THING. I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT I DID.
i really hope someone gets this because that's all i can think about when it comes to the varying sizes of spoons

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Since Olimar lost his sweet tether for the beautiful jetpack, what if he got an air grab tether thingy?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I was thinking something like that, GENIUS!! Though I would love to see some missing parts and some plant mutation here 'n' there. His skin should also be really pale. I would love to see the Pikmin be a little desaturated to emphasize their wildness, like in the first Pikmin game.
The mushroom version idea looks pretty clever too, they could make the Pikmin mushroom Pikmin, though they'd have to change the colour and add Pikmin features.
what if he didn't.

/thread
/topic
#rekt
#whereyouat
#getatmebro
Oh yeah... That's not really an art nor an alt.

I was really tired okay, hahaha.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
More than anything, I want Olimar's smoke helmet back. Why was it changed anyway?
It'd be really cool if each swap for Olimar changed the colour of his ship. I'm still strong on the idea of the Pikmin gaining costumes (or at least palette changes) for each of Olimar's, especially since that's within Project M's limitations without any extreme coding.

Does anyone think that concept art has a bit of a semi-alt feel to it? I had a thought that the torso would have more changes to it, specifically having a Pikmin body somewhat grown over it while the gloves and feets are still there, maybe the buttons should be missing, ripped off, or have roots growing out. Olimar's already a pretty dark character in Smash, so I don't see any harm in enhancing on that.

With two slots left, the Mushroom Olimar would make an excellent candidate for that last one. The Pikmin could have a purple hue on their default colour, maintain the same facial features with the eyes as the exception. The hardest thing would be the flowers, I think they could just do leaf to bud to mushroom without being too farfetched.
:083:
I was just messing with you. It's technically animation related, so it wasn't entirely irrelevant.
Heheh, I assumed as much! And besides... TETHERING IS AN ART-FORM. Only the winners tether.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I'm gonna out myself and say I'm against the bad ending Olimar. Yes an official thing, but it's not canon and it just comes off a little edgy and deviantart. I'd much prefer something simple like the other captains suits or the likes. Going too much over the top will take away from the appearance of legitimacy in my opinion. Sorry guys.

if this was reddit, i'd be bombarded with downvotes

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm gonna out myself and say I'm against the bad ending Olimar. Yes an official thing, but it's not canon and it just comes off a little edgy and deviantart. I'd much prefer something simple like the other captains suits or the likes. Going too much over the top will take away from the appearance of legitimacy in my opinion. Sorry guys.

if this was reddit, i'd be bombarded with downvotes
I like the Semi-alt feel of the other Captains, but I think Bad Ending Olimar's a bit more Olimar. Even though it's not canon, it is a trait specific to Olimar and his first Pikmin game.
I, too, love simplicity, but most characters in Project M already have something over-the-top.

The best part about Bad Ending Olimar is that it allows for the Project M team to have a few creative liberties with it. There are a few costumes like those of Samus' that are simply the same design from another game, but most of the others are very unique to Project M, such as Boxer Donkey Kong, Lucario's Gi, R.O.B's head. They all take subtle bits from each character's past, with the team enhancing on that.

I do like the way you think these things through though.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I see what you mean about the deviantart infected zombie look. Except for the extremely canon Dry Bowser and Dark Meta Knight and I guess the gothness of the Shadow Queen, Project M has stayed away from creating a purposefully ugly aesthetic and this is even more in that direction than anything in the game so far.

I rather something cute like this:

Or just skip Olimar entirely and focus on someone like Diddy who has a cool jacket he just wore.

Exodo

Smash Ace
I see what you mean about the deviantart infected zombie look. Except for the extremely canon Dry Bowser and Dark Meta Knight and I guess the gothness of the Shadow Queen, Project M has stayed away from creating a purposefully ugly aesthetic and this is even more in that direction than anything in the game so far.

Or just skip Olimar entirely and focus on someone like Diddy who has a cool jacket he just wore.
Why not both costumes :0

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

I think that goes too much into the Ninja Squirtle direction... Which I'm personally not so fond of.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
So wait are we talking about Louie or Alph? Cuz earlier Pyskid said that it was
basically a blue recolor.
If we are talking about Alph then honestly I personally DESPISE ALPH. JUST LOOK AT HIS EYES!!!! Those darn unblinking, unfeeling eyes. GIVES ME THE HIBBITY JIBBITIES!!

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I still think the Bad Ending Olimar and the Casualimar are the best ideas so far. Still strong on Pikmin having corresponding costumes. Disagree with me with reasons please.
So wait are we talking about Louie or Alph? Cuz earlier Pyskid said that it was

If we are talking about Alph then honestly I personally DESPISE ALPH. JUST LOOK AT HIS EYES!!!! Those darn unblinking, unfeeling eyes. GIVES ME THE HIBBITY JIBBITIES!!
It's because I love you son:

I never loved you I put you up for adoption four times and they wouldn't take you. Including the nuns. Also you're adopted.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I think Louie isn't really that interesting for an alt. But I really hope the bad ending alt gets in.

I never loved you I put you up for adoption four times and they wouldn't take you. Including the nuns. Also you're adopted.
Why father, why. i'll never sleep again

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Also, I think if Roy is gonna get more alts, his Awakening recolor should be made into a full alt with red and green colors, but the last slot should really be a Leif alt costume.

Not only does Leif's armor suit Roy, but Leif was originally chosen by Sakurai to be the Marth clone in Melee, but was convinced Roy was a better choice.

And the Leif armor wouldn't have any recolors because A: in Leif's game afaik there's no other character with armor like his in a different color, and B: there wouldn't be enough recolor slots for Team color alts.

Please come at me with your reasons why this shouldn't happen.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
OP needs to be updated again
No need to be discrete. I'm not an idiot, I'm working on an OP Update. I prefer to workout several changes rather than just make small adjustment to fix things that aren't detrimental to the post.

Once it's updated, the OP will have updated Costume Slots, Suggestions Lists, a list of Stages New to Smash thanks to PM (Including HD Remakes), and a list of every Smash Taunt.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
In regards to Perry replacing Peach's parasol:
ssbwiki said:
The textures for the Perry (カッサー, Kassā) trophy are named PeachTexC through PeachTexF, which falls in line with the naming convention for Peach's textures. Furthermore, the model for Peach's normal parasol is named WpnPeachKassar. This indicates that Peach was originally going to have Perry as her parasol weapon.

Shin F.

Smash Master
i like it's concept, but, ice mode on the tier list is far below fire mode.
Meh, ice mode's more fun for me to use. It's better suited to the way I play. Don't really care how good it is. :p

On topic, it's been a while since we've talked about Pit, and I'm curious about something. If Pit got another costume (though I'd be perfectly fine if we just got more Classic recolors), would you guys prefer the Three Sacred Treasures, or having him in the Uprising Fighter armor?

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Mostly because ice dtilt is just bad, sends people too far to continue a combo. Her other Ice moves are pretty good actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom