• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I see socializing. We're trying to be professional here, people. Start sprinkling your small talk with Art Related Speculation, or the Level 100 Bidoof that wanders this part of Lavender Town might just use Hyper Beam on your ass.

The real question is, has everything in 3.6 been revealed? We know they added more things with extra time, could there be even more than what was shown this past week?

Too much hype potential.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
The real question is, has everything in 3.6 been revealed? We know they added more things with extra time, could there be even more than what was shown this past week?
Nanobuds said:
Today I am sharing the small changes we have added to Project M, from models to GFX. Even some animations have been polished since 3.5. (not shown today, you'll have to wait to test those out yourself!)
From reddit.

And then there's of course the announcer, all the new sfx and probably even more.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
The announcer is probably one of the things I'm most looking forward to hearing.

Also, at one point do you think Project M will get its own Battlefield and Final Destination?

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
do we know what time there gonna announce the new stuff?

Also, at one point do you think Project M will get its own Battlefield and Final Destination?
It may be later on but i would be cool to see, kinda like what ssf2 are doing right now

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
the PMDT said they won't be backporting from sm4sh
Except they did it once with the blue palette swap... Bothers me a little, though I've always liked the Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer colours a lot, so it might be a little bias on my part since it wasn't that.

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
the PMDT said they won't be backporting from sm4sh
i understood the previous comment but ok

Except they did it once with the blue palette swap... Bothers me a little, though I've always liked the Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer colours a lot, so it might be a little bias on my part since it wasn't that.
i guess PMDT just does what ever they feel like

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
That's why I wish they had gone straight with Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer blue, but eh.

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
That's why I wish they had gone straight with Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer blue, but eh.
They announced it when the 3.5 trailer happened so a good week or two before the pic of the day showed it off.

And the multiplayer blue when 3.6 comes out wait two days i'll cook it up. had one for 3.5 half done but they announced the changes to brawls samus so I 'll just wait for that then port my textures over.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Unless they did some neat fusion of 64, Melee, and Brawl, I prefer what we have now.
The reason I want an original version of the stages is because every Smash game in the series always has its own FD and Battlefield. Even SSF2 devs made their own. Having one unique to PM would help to separate it from the other games.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

I don't really see how we could mix this design with either Melee or Brawl designs..

Honestly I would prefer if they just used the fixed Brawl FD and recolored it purple/pink.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Actually I've already thought about this. Use the stone-esque path with the center bit. Some of the textures on the side could be redone and used on the body of the stage too. The general shape would still come from Melee obviously.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
In case someone here was still thinking about the 3.6 announcement:
SOJ said:
I lied. Thought we could finish the announcement in time. Still working on it. The announcement will be this week for sure.
SOJ said:
No I actually am working on an announcement. Stayed up last night to try and finish it but decided sleep was a better option
I wouldn't call it a lie though, but well.

Also
legonro said:
i hope u dreamt of beautiful hd reskins and alt costumes <3
Nanobuds said:
No its even better than that
Damn it @ Nanobuds Nanobuds .

In regards to the discussion about original FD and BF stages for PM, I don't really mind it that much that PM doesn't have its own stages. In 3.6 we'll get Brawl FD alt and Melee BF alt, and Brawl+Melee is pretty much PM in a nutshell.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I hope so. That'd be great. Wonder what kind of style they'd go for?
PURPLE

Edit: It would also be nice to see a new opening FMV for PM, though it'd probably be something more like a nice-looking machinima, which can actually look really great if done well. Weird but funny example:

Edit 2: THIS POST WAS HUGE ROCHESTER HUGE

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
PURPLE

Edit: It would also be nice to see a new opening FMV for PM, though it'd probably be something more like a nice-looking machinima, which can actually look really great if done well. Weird but funny example:

3big5me.

Could you spoiler that vine.
And avoid that much massive text.
<3 you SimeTash.

Edit: it could just be that I'm on mobile. So if it isn't too much for anyone else you don't have to worry about it.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'd be cool if they gave Toon Link a float like Mewtwo, Peach, and Ganondorf that involved the Deku Leaf.

I would love to see a remastered version of Mewtwo2000's SM64 Vs Bowser (All in 1) stage as the Bowser's Castle alt. Maybe with platforms from his popular Bowser's Castle stage.

Would anyone mind if Red Popo's colour was swopped from blue/white to orange?
3big5me.

Could you spoiler that vine.
And avoid that much massive text.
<3 you SimeTash.

Edit: it could just be that I'm on mobile. So if it isn't too much for anyone else you don't have to worry about it.
Can verify, it's bleeping huge.
PURPLE

I don't think they can do that because videos take a lot of bleeping room. If they did, I would love to see Melee's intro redone using Brawl resources, like I think Chombey said before, a combination of Melee and Brawl. Shbam. I'd do it, but porting stuff to source is I'm lazy.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Oh I forgot about a thing

Dry Bowser now has glowing veins in his shell. Mario Kart 8 made them glow... so we borrowed the concept.

No images because I'm lazy. But I'd thought you guys would like to know.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

Dry Bowser now has glowing veins in his shell. Mario Kart 8 made them glow... so we borrowed the concept.

This is the big announcement SOJ had in mind the whole time

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey

But it's Art Tuesday and we all have blue balls!

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Uhhhhh.... It can be both... but thats something to ask your health teacher at school... or your doctor... or your father.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
They did in fact show the new Battlefield. Sort of, and probably unintentionally. It looks like a ruined, grittier, sharper version of Brawls ...

Actually , that's exactly what PM is! ;)

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
do we have confirmation that that is the new brawl BF?
it looks like it exists on a soap bubble

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
They did in fact show the new Battlefield. Sort of, and probably unintentionally. It looks like a ruined, grittier, sharper version of Brawls ...

Actually , that's exactly what PM is! ;)

I'd bet that's just someone's custom Battlefield texture.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I mean, it could be an accidental showing of the new version, but there's every chance that one of the PMDT just likes ice stages and had that on their personal build when they recorded the gifs.

Whoops, ninja'd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom