• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
Gonna save everyone the hard work of clicking on 2 things :):

"The default Samus costume now has glowing visors and lights."

"The blue team costume was also updated with better textures."

"The alts also have the new glowing effects...."

"As well as custom booster effects for each costume."

"Mewtwo's Shadow Ball got a makeover."

"Pit's wings now burn when reaching the end of his glide."

"OoT Ganondorf received a new weapon for his arsenal."

"Kart ROB also has spinning wheels and custom smoke GFX."
http://i.imgur.com/VMOEE0V.gifv (Okay, I lied)

You're welcome! :)

@ Nanobuds Nanobuds you're amazing! :D

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
i understood approximately 0% of that picture
Don't worry, I just barely understood it at all, had to look at it hard at first.
As soon as I understood the basic concept it all made sense to me.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Let's turn Yoshi into a Bowser clone.
That's... Even better. Such beauty. Such perfection. I may be crying right now. Will there be instructions on lights for those of us who would prefer the orange light Metroid Prime 2 version? I think I might prefer the little things over the big time costumes, to be frank. That, or I've lost my sanity. Again. What's the inspiration for the design of Ocarina of Time Ganondorf's sword? It looks different from the Melee one, I think.
The new Samus stuff is cool, but she gets way more attention than any other character.
SHE DESERVES IT. AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I think she has the most potential out of all of the characters... Potential that the Project M team takes advantage of. No overpowered shinespark yet though.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman

Narpas_sword

Samus stuff looks awesome =)

The M stands for Metroid _b

now, when is light/dark replacing ice fire on the echoes suits? =p
and no ice mode on fusion suits?
and a shinespark effect on dash attack?

sod the other characters.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I haven't visited this thread in a couple moths.... but once these new alts started appearing I came rushing right back. Glad to see everybody still doing well and getting hyped!

Those R.O.B alts looking fresh. Now we just need to add a Gamecube for his head.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
What's the inspiration for the design of Ocarina of Time Ganondorf's sword? It looks different from the Melee one, I think.
It's actually just like Melee's:

Maybe you're thinking of the Twilight Princess' version of the sword instead that was used by one of the darknuts:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
It's actually just like Melee's:

Maybe you're thinking of the Twilight Princess' version of the sword instead that was used by one of the darknuts:
Ah, nope, it was the textures that threw me off, the Melee one was stretched and had more dark metal stuff.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Wow, really digging the Nintendo polish you guys do to this day.

I really love the burning wings, Melee Ganondorf sword, and MK ROB effects.. The Samus lights are just pure icing on the cake.

Can we get a comparison of the original Shadow Ball and the new one?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'm loving the details they've added to samus and ROB and everyone. I'm really hoping zerosuit samus is getting a lot of attention too. Particularly her clothing.. I feel like it should have a sheen to it so that it really looks like a separate part of her costume.. not just a painted section of her skin.. know what i mean?

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I'm loving the details they've added to samus and ROB and everyone. I'm really hoping zerosuit samus is getting a lot of attention too. Particularly her clothing.. I feel like it should have a sheen to it so that it really looks like a separate part of her costume.. not just a painted section of her skin.. know what i mean?
You seem like a guy would would greatly like SJS's ZSS Pack here
Many a debate has been brought up as to whether or not this should replace all of ZSS's slots, but until they confirm it we'll have to add it in ourselves. But with all the awesome Samus treatment... maybe we'll get some for ZSS soon.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
You seem like a guy would would greatly like SJS's ZSS Pack here
Many a debate has been brought up as to whether or not this should replace all of ZSS's slots, but until they confirm it we'll have to add it in ourselves. But with all the awesome Samus treatment... maybe we'll get some for ZSS soon.
These are pretty cool! Butttt the costumes that especially need these edits are the justin bailey and fusion outfits cause of the shorts/bikini line. I believe due to filesize issues they cant give her completely new clothing textures that look separated from her skin, but at least making her clothes glossy would give them a good contrast. But ya i mean hopefully they make these changes officially to all the costumes. They'll do a top notch job if they do :p

Thanks for the link :)

rockto_ap

Smash Rookie
Speaking of little things...

can we plz see footage of the Osohe dance in game?
Speaking of Oshone... We should get that as a stage, kinda like the Luigi's mansion and Peach's castle combined! Just an idea :D

rockto_ap

Smash Rookie
Speaking of Oshone... We should get that as a stage, kinda like the Luigi's mansion and Peach's castle combined! Just an idea :D
Speaking of that, I'd love to see more Earthbound stages, seeing as how Nintendo kinda trolled the entire EB community!

Shin F.

Smash Master
Speaking of that, I'd love to see more Earthbound stages, seeing as how Nintendo kinda trolled the entire EB community!
Check the Vault. There's a bunch of Earthbound stages there, including Osohe Castle. My personal favorite is The Final Needle.

Also, if no one has posted after you, you might wanna edit your posts instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I want Meta Knight's 3.02 down air to return.

I'm also concerned about Mario Kart ROB. Every time I look at him, I see Brawl's silver ROB, and that'll get very bothersome in matches. Just like "white" Wario and "red" Wario.

I think they should do something akin to this:

It fits the Mario Kart aesthetic, more toylike, less robotic. When it comes out, I'm definitely gonna switch these textures up a bit. With the new materials, it'll look even better!

I also like Smash 4's idea to make the grey ROB standard in the American release.

Mr. Game & Watch has one slot left... I like the idea of it referencing the Game Boy or Virtual Boy.

I also like semi-alts: One idea that's been floating around is for Sonic's purple palette to reference the Nights games with a semi-alt-ness about it, and, of course, the obvious discussion about Ivysaur's semi-alts. What about Olimar? I think they could take the same route and give Olimar some Louie/President semi-altness, with their hairstyles and uniforms. This would leave one last slot, which should totally be Pikmin infected Olimar, I bet the Project M team would have fun making a costume like that. Everything below his head is up to them, they could make his suit all worn, make him look all planty and infected, simply give him a Pikmin body, whatever, they HAVE SO MUCH POWER!!

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I also like Smash 4's idea to make the grey ROB standard in the American release.
Grey ROB doesn't look as nice as Famicom ROB IMO, and the Famicom version is the original, so I'd rather they kept the costume order as it is for him.
Mr. Game & Watch has one slot left... I like the idea of it referencing the Game Boy or Virtual Boy.
Game Boy would be nice since ROB has a Virtual Boy costume already, and since Game & Watch already has a red color.

Kinda like this:

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That reminds me - why did they remove Olimar's smoking habit?

_______________________________________________________________________ ^^^^^This one^^^^^
As a Brawlimar main, that's my favourite swap, and they took out the smoke... :cry:
Which makes me nervous for his new upcoming up-special...
Grey ROB doesn't look as nice as Famicom ROB IMO, and the Famicom version is the original, so I'd rather they kept the costume order as it is for him.

Game Boy would be nice since ROB has a Virtual Boy costume already, and since Game & Watch already has a red color.

Kinda like this:
I have a grey ROB, so you'll have to forgive my emotional attachment...
And I like the consistency between Smash 4 and Project M.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey

Shin F.

Smash Master
I have a grey ROB, so you'll have to forgive my emotional attachment...
And I like the consistency between Smash 4 and Project M.
Oh cool, never had one myself. I do remember being very fond of my old Power Glove, though... admittedly, I never used it for games, I just used it as a toy to play with xD

I feel like Project M shouldn't do something just because Smash 4 did it, though. It's better off as its own thing. Still, I suppose it doesn't make much of a difference.
I also like semi-alts: One idea that's been floating around is for Sonic's purple palette to reference the Nights games with a semi-alt-ness about it, and, of course, the obvious discussion about Ivysaur's semi-alts. What about Olimar? I think they could take the same route and give Olimar some Louie/President semi-altness, with their hairstyles and uniforms. This would leave one last slot, which should totally be Pikmin infected Olimar, I bet the Project M team would have fun making a costume like that. Everything below his head is up to them, they could make his suit all worn, make him look all planty and infected, simply give him a Pikmin body, whatever, they HAVE SO MUCH POWER!!
Bout this edit, I always liked the Nights Sonic idea. I still think Olimar cosplaying as his son would be pretty cool. It'd be neat to see him outside of his space suit. I know last time we discussed it, Nano mentioned not being able to remove the antenna gfx for the costume, but I figure they could always just leave the antenna there attached as an accessory to his cap.
olimarsson.png

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Cant imagine would take too much work to make, either.

Makes you wonder if they will go with that, or a different costume all together.
Remember the Smash 64 Prank? They could probably use that model for the last swap with Game Boy colours, since the Game Boy was pixelatey too.
Bout this edit, I always liked the Nights Sonic idea. I still think Olimar cosplaying as his son would be pretty cool. It'd be neat to see him outside of his space suit. I know last time we discussed it, Nano mentioned not being able to remove the antenna gfx for the costume, but I figure they could always just leave the antenna there attached as an accessory to his cap.
That Olimosplay thing is cool... But I'm concerned that makes him TOO different. He'll look just like his son! He's been shown wearing something other than his space suit here 'n' there, I think, what if they just made him wear that, but with the bubble and the light?

That's the cool thing about Pikmin infected Olimar: There's already an appendage for the glow-

OH GOSH NEVER MIND PLEASE BURN IT.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Remember the Smash 64 Prank? They could probably use that model for the last swap with Game Boy colours, since the Game Boy was pixelatey too.
Remember, Game & Watch shares his model between all costumes, with different colors on each one. Change one, you change them all, so without some magic, they can't do model changes for him.
That Olimosplay thing is cool... But I'm concerned that makes him TOO different. He'll look just like his son! He's been shown wearing something other than his space suit here 'n' there, I think, what if they just made him wear that, but with the bubble and the light?
I mean, the whole point of alt costumes is to give the characters an alternate look, so I don't think that looking really different is a bad thing. It's kind of the point, lol.

What other things has he been seen wearing?
That's the cool thing about Pikmin infected Olimar: There's already an appendage for the glow-

OH GOSH NEVER MIND PLEASE BURN IT.
Scary.

Last edited:

rockto_ap

Smash Rookie
I think it would be cool if someone decided to make NES pallets of all the fighters! Kinda like Pits retro design, but for every fighter from the NES era. We could even have Jumpman mario!

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Remember, Game & Watch shares his model between all costumes, with different colors on each one. Change one, you change them all, so without some magic, they can't do model changes for him.
Poop! Is it possible to change a specific material for a specific costume? Because what if the last costume had a crt visual effect, like the one on concept Meta Knight's new sword?
I mean, the whole point of alt costumes is to give the characters an alternate look, so I don't think that looking really different is a bad thing. It's kind of the point, lol.
Yeah, but if two characters look exactly the same other than clothes... Then should one character wear another character's clothes then? I think that's where their NO CHARACTERS AS OTHER COSTUMES rule poops in. Just too similar!
What other things has he been seen wearing?
casual.PNG
casual_closer.png

ugly baby.png
Oh my gosh that is an ugly baby.

I imagine on top of that, he'd have a bubble with the antenna, maybe even a cigar I dunno I like to pretend Olimar smokes for whatever reason.
Don't forget - within each costume, the Pikmin can also have a costume. I imagine Pikminified Olimar having dismissed pale Pikmin, maybe casual Olimar has Pikmin in shorts and a T-shirt I dunno I'm brainstorming here.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Poop! Is it possible to change a specific material for a specific costume? Because what if the last costume had a crt visual effect, like the one on concept Meta Knight's new sword?
Nope, just colors as far as I'm aware. Even the material is the same between costumes.

But, you never know what's possible with PMDT coding magic.
Yeah, but if two characters look exactly the same other than clothes... Then should one character wear another character's clothes then? I think that's where their NO CHARACTERS AS OTHER COSTUMES rule poops in. Just too similar!
I mean, Big Boss and Snake look almost identical, but the Big Boss costume is still a thing.
View attachment 57728 View attachment 57729
View attachment 57730 Oh my gosh that is an ugly baby.

I imagine on top of that, he'd have a bubble with the antenna, maybe even a cigar I dunno I like to pretend Olimar smokes for whatever reason.
He's the one in the blue shirt, right? I like how much hair he has there, lol. That would be a pretty cool costume, but there's nothing there for his antenna to be connected to and it might be kind weird for him to be wearing a space helmet but no space suit. Maybe if they gave him something else to wear on his head for the antenna to attach to. A cap would work, but I do like that glorious hair, so it'd be a shame if it was covered. Maybe an earpiece / microphone or something similar that goes across the top of his head?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
He's the one in the blue shirt, right? I like how much hair he has there, lol. That would be a pretty cool costume, but there's nothing there for his antenna to be connected to and it might be kind weird for him to be wearing a space helmet but no space suit.
Naw, that shouldn't be a concern, space helmets without space suits are a classic! They just need to make it extra bubble-looking.

Heheh, the CSP could be of him taking it easy, lying down or whatever. Maybe they could even add some sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt, heheh. Emphasize on the casual.

OH MY GOSH THE PIKMIN COULD WEAR SUNGLASSES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom