• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Kirby and Yoshi should just get more colors.

Yus! I feel like I already agreed with you on this once, so it might be redundant, but I love this idea. There's a few characters where them getting extra colors seems more exciting to me than them getting a different costume - Yoshi, Sonic, Kirby, G&W, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting now.

I really think having a black Yoshi or a white Sonic would just look really clean, legit and pretty.

Fortress

Smash Master
Yus! I feel like I already agreed with you on this once, so it might be redundant, but I love this idea. There's a few characters where them getting extra colors seems more exciting to me than them getting a different costume - Yoshi, Sonic, Kirby, G&W, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting now.

I really think having a black Yoshi or a white Sonic would just look really clean, legit and pretty.
It would, which is why simple recolors would be very effective. Nice and easy. Sonic's got enough other stuff going on to where people would probably want more, and it'll probably end up happening (Sonic getting more than just a recolor), but a white sonic with whatever they add to him would be cool. I could honestly settle with more Link colors.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
It would, which is why simple recolors would be very effective. Nice and easy. Sonic's got enough other stuff going on to where people would probably want more, and it'll probably end up happening (Sonic getting more than just a recolor), but a white sonic with whatever they add to him would be cool. I could honestly settle with more Link colors.

Yeah, something about the way Link looks in his different tunics makes them all awesome. He's had that effect since the first game somehow, haha. And I always loved the different tunics on YL, that was so cool since he couldn't actually switch them in his games. Even TL looks awesome with his red/blue/purple variants.

Why does Link have so much swag?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah, something about the way Link looks in his different tunics makes them all awesome. He's had that effect since the first game somehow, haha. And I always loved the different tunics on YL, that was so cool since he couldn't actually switch them in his games. Even TL looks awesome with his red/blue/purple variants.

Why does Link have so much swag?

Because Groose gave him fashion advice.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Those delicious alt costumes, man. I love how the Peach one came out. :D

splat

Smash Lord
I think these are the new costumes shown, did I miss any?

Shadow Queen Peach
Mr. L
Dry Bowser
Partychu
Virtua ROB
Melee Fox
Melee Link

and is it me, or was Wolf different, too?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Looking forward to renders of these.

Is there any chance we can get Link's Melee/OoT voice back for the Melee costume? Will the RSBE allow that drastic an overhaul?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

Is there any chance we can get Link's Melee/OoT voice back for the Melee costume? Will the RSBE allow that drastic an overhaul?

Roy got all his voices back without replacing anything (I'm guessing) and Doc got a separate pill sound so they should be able to do it.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

If Doctor Mario alt costume got the pills sfx, i think that we are getting Melee voices for Link and Fox alt costumes.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I'm all about that Virtual Boy R.O.B., I'd be cool to see N64, Gamecube, Wii, and whatnot iterations as well. Gameboy Color would be awesome.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Roy got all his voices back without replacing anything (I'm guessing) and Doc got a separate pill sound so they should be able to do it.
Well, Roy is a whole new character, and Doc getting one sound is more minor than an entire new set, that's all.

I only ask because in the video he still has his Brawl/TP sounds, and those sound wrong coming from Melee/OoT Link's model. Plus I don't like them as much anyway.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I'm just going to assume that Melee Link's presence means Melee Zelda and Melee Ganon are going to be alts.

I mean, you've got to complete the set, right?

Edit: Anyone know when we'll get a chance to see the renders for the alt. costumes?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
This is Definetly not all of them, as we have yet to see PARTY:jigglypuffmelee:

Also, is it just me, or was wolf different in one of those...

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I'm just going to assume that Melee Link's presence means Melee Zelda and Melee Ganon are going to be alts.

I mean, you've got to complete the set, right?

Edit: Anyone know when we'll get a chance to see the renders for the alt. costumes?

Oo good question, I really wanna see Link's up close. :D

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I think these are the new costumes shown, did I miss any?

Shadow Queen Peach
Mr. L
Dry Bowser
Partychu
Virtua ROB
Melee Fox
Melee Link

and is it me, or was Wolf different, too?
That is all of them (from what I can tell), and Wolf didn't look any different to me.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Are you serious, that Link render is SO GOOD!!!!! Man I'm amazed.

The fox is also amazing. O_M_G

Great job to whatever artist(s) did those!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Our artists didn't just bring back character to be exactly like in Melee. They actually adapted the costumes so that they'd fit well within the aesthetics of Project M

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
That Melee Fox just killed me. I want it. I just wish there was a way to make the gloves cover his whole hand.

Fortress

Smash Master
Our artists didn't just bring back character to be exactly like in Melee. They actually adapted the costumes so that they'd fit well within the aesthetics of Project M
Kind of expected that that would be the case; Link's Melee coloration would look disgusting in Brawl. I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, sooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very glad that you all actually made the gauntlets work fine. Every other Link adaptation I've seen has them as just cardboard boxes, or just not even there.

splat

Smash Lord
Fox' holster is on the other side of his body when compared to Brawl's. How does this work with his animations?
At first I thought his render may be flipped, but his microphone matches Brawl's position - though not Melee's.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Lucas needs his cloths from the cancelled earthbound 64.

Their are lots of those on Brawl Vault, but based on those above renders of link and fox, I know they could make this one sooooo good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom