• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I added Roy's trailer music to my PM set and found that the Spaghetti Western intro is a bit too long for a battle. Then I realized that the intro gives the players enough time to have a good Mexican standoff. So here's what we need: sombrero/cowboy hat and mustache costumes for Marth, Ike, and Roy.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you, but I almost feel like disagreeing from how ugly that model is. lol
Yeah I know, but I'm sure whatever the PMBR makes would be... Miles better!

I get where you're coming from. Were I in charge, I'd still count them as the same for the purposes of this though.
It may technically be eligible, but it being exclusive to a series of comic books that few people read or have any interest in makes it less worthy than the other video game based options in this video game celebrating the best characters in video games.

Also your text is green so you clearly have a bias.:alien:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It may technically be eligible, but it being exclusive to a series of comic books that few people read or have any interest in makes it less worthy than the other video game based options in this video game celebrating the best characters in video games.

Also your text is green so you clearly have a bias.:alien:
My bias is towards Links only. :p Is Scourge green? Literally the only thing I know about him is that he's an AU version of Sonic. I don't even really play Sonic games. I'm just saying, for the sake of argument, I would count an AU of a character as eligible.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The thing is, the Links between games are incarnations of the same hero; the same person, in a way. Scourge is very much a different character than Sonic just as Groose is to Mido.
Not really. Scourge before was just a more jerky Sonic with a black jacket, shades and some boots. He didn't become his own identity until the Master Emerald gave him a paint job and blue contacts.

Besides, the two have a struggle towards each other in regards tot heir personalities because of how different they are, but how easily they could turn out just like the other, which gets brought up at times by Sonic by him remembering Scourge taunting him with saying he knew the real reason he can't stand him.

Scourge is like Dark Pit/Pittoo from Kid Icarus: Uprising. He's very much his own character due to the amount of depth given to him and having his own personality, but he's still very much an alternate version of the original he's based off of. An "alternative possibility" as to what they could be like, if you will. But even then Dark Pit is still Pit and Scourge is still Sonic. Dark Pit is another side of Pit's mind and heart while Scourge is literally Sonic from another universe.

So I'd say he still counts.

Actually, the only major difference is that Classic Sonic's torso is about twice as big, and his legs shrink appropriately.

These two models are sharing the same bones. It needs some tweaking so that Classic Sonic's arms don't clip through his belly especially in some of the more extreme poses, but it all lines up rather well with the hurtboxes.
That's not a different model. They're sharing the same bones because that's a vertex hack. one that usually comes with resided animations, too. XD

I've actually used it and it doesn't line up with his hurtboxes that well at all, honestly. He often ends up looking like he's floating around instead and his polygons either stretch out farther than his hurtboxes or not far enough. It's not the best example, honestly. That's why I didn't suggest that version of Classic and don't really support Classic at all but at least gave an alternative version of him that could work in the post you quoted.

Honestly, if it's gonna be an alt for Modern Sonic, let it be an alt that already works with Modern Sonic's design. Hence the ideas I stated and why some want Darkspine Sonic.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not that these aren't cool, but I just feel like it's gonna be hard to tell Sonics apart if just by their shoes, and adding entirely different colors to the Soap Shoe models seems cheap.
That's why my second option, that you've seemed to ave COMPLETELY skipped over ¦D;, was the Sonic that had all of his accessories from Adventure up to Black Knight. It's very easy to tell the two apart.

And even then, the Soap Shoes on their own honestly are more than enough to tell the difference between the two. I've used and made enough hacks with Sonic's shoes to stand by that sentiment. I actually think that Classic Sonic would be harder to see the difference between at a glance if his body is changed to make Modern's a bit more, since his Generations anatomy just won't do.

But that's just me. I said the same about OoT Link and that still happened. XD

That's... that's exactly what I'm saying. Sonic and Scourge are different just as Mido and Groose are.
They're the same damn person. That's what I'M saying. XD

How they act is honestly irrelevant. They often think and do the same things anyways. They can choose to do the same things or choose to do different things. It's still the same thing. Same person, different universe. It's more than applicable.

And...Who the hell is Mido anyway? I haven't played much of Skyward Sword. Then again, I've never played a Zelda game before anyways and probably won't since I'm not interested in it's gameplay. Following the stories is enough for me, but Skyward Sword is the only story I haven't followed yet.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mido and Groose are the bullies-turned-likeable-fellow from Ocarina and Skyward Sword respectively.
Oh wait, the ugly kid who was of no value or importance. I forgot he had a name.

I don't like him or Groose, so I can't sympathize with that statement. Wither way, that description is far from applicable to these two are they aren't even slightly hinted at being related, let alone the same person. Scourge on the other hand, at one point in his life when he was young, was actually just like Sonic. One of the side stories actually went into that, but I've rambled on enough.

Similar characters does not equal same characters from alternate universes. The two rodents are the same person, regardless of technicalities and semantics.

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
Besides, the two have a struggle towards each other in regards tot heir personalities because of how different they are, but how easily they could turn out just like the other, which gets brought up at times by Sonic by him remembering Scourge taunting him with saying he knew the real reason he can't stand him.

For some reason I find it really off-putting that a Sonic storyline would do a take on The Killing Joke.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Oh wait, the ugly kid who was of no value or importance. I forgot he had a name.
You mean the kid who just stood there while the kokiri equivalent of the president was on the verge of death? I forgot about him too. Also, when did he EVER become a "likable fellow"? Even in the future he was a major ****.

Fortress

Smash Master
You mean the kid who just stood there while the kokiri equivalent of the president was on the verge of death? I forgot about him too. Also, when did he EVER become a "likable fellow"? Even in the future he was a major ****.
In the future, he apologizes and wishes he could take it all back, entrusting you to tell his old friend that he should've treated him better. Of course, you are this friend. Hit me in the feels when I got there as a kid.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
In the future, he apologizes and wishes he could take it all back, entrusting you to tell his old friend that he should've treated him better. Of course, you are this friend. Hit me in the feels when I got there as a kid.
Completely off topic, but now that I think about it, Pokemon X & Y was full of Mido like characters. Mostly because they replaced most of the terrain roadblocks with people standing in front of you and saying you can`t go there.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hmmm...NAH. XD

He's a **** and he should just die. Same goes for Groose. ¦D

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Those are just different timelines, though, and Scourge is waaaay different from Sonic personality-wise. It stretches things more than you might imagine, but it's still possible.
I already stated how relevant this argument was pages ago when I suggested Scourge. If Link, Pit, Mario, and Luigi can have alternate color schemes based on their dark/rival counterparts, it isn't much of a stretch to say Sonic could use Scourge since they are the SAME person. It is completely pointless to argue the fact they have different personalities.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I already stated how relevant this argument was pages ago when I suggested Scourge. If Link, Pit, Mario, and Luigi can have alternate color schemes based on their dark/rival counterparts, it isn't much of a stretch to say Sonic could use Scourge since they are the SAME person. It is completely pointless to argue the fact they have different personalities.
Fair enough. I still think it's more of a stretch considering that he'd have more model changes (assuming you're putting in things like the sharp teeth, scars, etc) than just the clothing and green color, but it's plausible. Dark Link may be totally different and look entirely the same, but he's really just a recolored Link. Mario/Luigi do the same thing. A green Sonic would be the equivalent, but I'm sure that's not something we're aiming for.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Fair enough. I still think it's more of a stretch considering that he'd have more model changes (assuming you're putting in things like the sharp teeth, scars, etc) than just the clothing and green color, but it's plausible. Dark Link may be totally different and look entirely the same, but he's really just a recolored Link. Mario/Luigi do the same thing. A green Sonic would be the equivalent, but I'm sure that's not something we're aiming for.
Now you are just nitpicking. And what this "we're" crap? Don't mistake your word for P:M's or anyone else for that matter. Also:

This happened. Scourge wasn't just a green Sonic before. He was "Evil Sonic". Relevant. And that even knocks out 2 colors. And another matter that bugs me. Anyone who can distinguish Melee Fox and Link from their Brawl varients can very well distinguish Sonic from his Soap Shoes varient. I don't want to hear excuses.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Now you are just nitpicking. And what this "we're" crap? Don't mistake your word for P:M's or anyone else for that matter. Also:

This happened. Scourge wasn't just a green Sonic before. He was "Evil Sonic". Relevant. And that even knocks out 2 colors. And another matter that bugs me. Anyone who can distinguish Melee Fox and Link from their Brawl varients can very well distinguish Sonic from his Soap Shoes varient. I don't want to hear excuses.
All I meant was that I don't think the P:M community wants a green Sonic recolor with a jacket. I figured this was a safe bet, so I said it. I'm not saying it's true because it's not what I want; I just thought it to be true. For that reason, I don't think it's nitpicking either...

Your link's broken, but I'm familiar enough with Scourge's story to know what it means. It would be a good recolor for him were he chosen.

The main problem I see with that is that the change is only on the very bottom of his body (his shoes, of course). Fox has all sorts of different features, the most identifiable of which is probably his color pallet. I think you're being needlessly aggressive; it's just discussion.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
All I meant was that I don't think the P:M community wants a green Sonic recolor with a jacket. I figured this was a safe bet, so I said it. I'm not saying it's true because it's not what I want; I just thought it to be true. For that reason, I don't think it's nitpicking either...

Your link's broken, but I'm familiar enough with Scourge's story to know what it means. It would be a good recolor for him were he chosen.

The main problem I see with that is that the change is only on the very bottom of his body (his shoes, of course). Fox has all sorts of different features, the most identifiable of which is probably his color pallet. I think you're being needlessly aggressive; it's just discussion.
Who is being aggressive? Lol.. I'm just saying don't ASSUME things. That just makes an argument fall apart by simply not having solid proof to back up your point. And yes, you are nitpicking small details such as personality and model changes. They are irrelevant. It is a costume.

As for Soaps, you clearly are one of the few that falls under my statement "don't make excuses". If you want to talk details, Soaps Sonic actually had skin tone eyelids. If that isn't enough, you can always add his power-up gear to make him "stand out more". If you have to squint to see differences between the two Sonic's during actual gameplay, the same applies to Link and Fox.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Who is being aggressive? Lol.. I'm just saying don't ASSUME things. That just makes an argument fall apart by simply not having solid proof to back up your point.

I'm just gonna hop in this real quick and point out that Dmickolas is just trying to talk to you - he doesn't want to argue. So it's kiiiiiinda aggressive when you say things like "your argument doesn't have enough proof! it's falling apart! that point is irrelevant!"

You can tell from his tone he's just interested in having a conversation, so you don't have to worry about stuff like who's winning the debate or who's following the conventions of sound logic. : > There's definitely a tendency some people have on this board to take everything as a personal attack or an argument, even when the other person just wants to talk.

Anyway, I'm gonna go back to being amazed by those new renders now. The detail on Peach's dress is seriously impressive, and I love the fact that she looks all evil, hahahaha.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
MY GOD. Those designs are SO ****ING AMAZING. Whoever did the detail on those needs an award.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
MY GOD. Those designs are SO ****ING AMAZING. Whoever did the detail on those needs an award.

Yeah, I always wonder what kind of jobs the PMBR have, because that really looks like something official. That Link render honestly looks like it was taken out of the concept art for OoT, and then turned into a high-res model.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, I always wonder what kind of jobs the PMBR have, because that really looks like something official. That Link render honestly looks like it was taken out of the concept art for OoT, and then turned into a high-res model.
LIke no joke. The Shadow Queen render had to be created totally from scratch as well, and it's just...just so perfect. Dry Bowser's scratches and details and everything is just perfect. the PMBR rocks so much!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Who is being aggressive?
And what this "we're" crap?

I don't want to hear excuses.

you clearly are one of the few that falls under my statement "don't make excuses".
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but this seems unnecessary.
I'm just saying don't ASSUME things. That just makes an argument fall apart by simply not having solid proof to back up your point. And yes, you are nitpicking small details such as personality and model changes. They are irrelevant. It is a costume.
I don't think I need compelling evidence to argue that people may not like a Scourge-ish recolor for Sonic, because it seems to miss the best of both Sonic and Scourge (not that I was saying I was totally right; it was at most a precautionary statement). I'm also pointing out that if we're keeping with the notion that it's a costume, it'd need to literally be the Sonic we know, or something that's a recolor of his Brawl self. That's the precedent. Call it nitpicking, but it's my argument since the Project Melee team is using Brawl as a base.
If you want to talk details, Soaps Sonic actually had skin tone eyelids. If that isn't enough, you can always add his power-up gear to make him "stand out more". If you have to squint to see differences between the two Sonic's during actual gameplay, the same applies to Link and Fox.
I would probably be fine with this; I thought that you meant it would just be Brawl Sonic with Soap Shoes. An Adventure-themed Sonic is probably enough to set it apart, especially with changes to the Brawl model. If not for that, though, I doubt you could tell the difference from a distance. Link and Fox have quite different color pallets, as stated. Take this as an anecdote, because that's what it is, but I've had models quite similar to Melee Fox and Link fight against their Brawl counterparts with no trouble, simply because you can see their differences by just their color. It's harder to do that with just shoes.
I'm just gonna hop in this real quick and point out that Dmickolas is just trying to talk to you - he doesn't want to argue. So it's kiiiiiinda aggressive when you say things like "your argument doesn't have enough proof! it's falling apart! that point is irrelevant!"

You can tell from his tone he's just interested in having a conversation, so you don't have to worry about stuff like who's winning the debate or who's following the conventions of sound logic. : > There's definitely a tendency some people have on this board to take everything as a personal attack or an argument, even when the other person just wants to talk.
Yes, thank you. I want to talk about what the best thing is, so logic's welcome, but we can be cool about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom