• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
While we're at it, Roy has no idle animations. @SiLeNtDo0m get on that.
I'm joking I really love his animations and I really don't care that he doesn't have an idle. His bat attack animation is also super cool <3

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Having used this texture I really wish something like this were official. Jiggs can be scary.
That's not canon though, is it? I don't recall nightmare jiggs. I, personally, would like some more palette changes to the current costumes in the future.

Which reminds me, did anyone look at that Jigglypuff bandana that someone mentioned a while back to see how valid it is?
It'd be neat, if it was implemented, was given the same purple treatment as the party hat. That was a good idea.

It'd also be really cool if the alternate stage for Final Destination was Brawl's... And a remastered Smash 64's Final Destination was used for Master Hand's battle.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I'd be pleased as punch if Jiggly had a taunt or texture that caused her to make her upset/puff-up face or even briefly pull out a Sharpie.

I mean, maybe as a kid I liked the pokemon anime, but as a young adult, I like the nostalgic things that don't make me just purely upset that it all got sooooo off track. lol.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'd be pleased as punch if Jiggly had a taunt or texture that caused her to make her upset/puff-up face or even briefly pull out a Sharpie.

I mean, maybe as a kid I liked the pokemon anime, but as a young adult, I like the nostalgic things that don't make me just purely upset that it all got sooooo off track. lol.
The puff-face could be used for injuries! I wonder if it's possible to add more expressions to each characters...

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
That's not canon though, is it? I don't recall nightmare jiggs. I, personally, would like some more palette changes to the current costumes in the future.
It's not canon, no. I just think it'd be fun for the community to represent the terror of Jiggs in this way.

Shin F.

Smash Master
You know what's weird? Ness and Lucas not having teeth. They do in cutscenes, but not in-game.

It's unimportant and not something I'd bother asking for officially, but I might just go on ahead and fix that for myself, lol.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You know what's weird? Ness and Lucas not having teeth. They do in cutscenes, but not in-game.

It's unimportant and not something I'd bother asking for officially, but I might just go on ahead and fix that for myself, lol.
Please report back with the results. I think that's an interesting idea but I'm prone to think it'll end up looking like this, given the game wasn't meant to accommodate their having teeth.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

[sarcasm]Thanks for ruining those characters for me for the rest of my life.[/sarcasm]

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
It's a little creepy even in the cut scenes honestly.

This is kinda random but I would really like if bowser got a new green team color based on his SMB sprite or something, his default just isn't that green to me.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
It's a little creepy even in the cut scenes honestly.

This is kinda random but I would really like if bowser got a new green team color based on his SMB sprite or something, his default just isn't that green to me.
Agreed. Who needs teeth, anyway? All anyone does to eat in Smash Bros is go up to food and press A.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
This may be a very crazy idea but sharing it anyway: giving Kirby his Super Inhale ability. After starting Inhale, if you rotate the stick very fast it becomes a Super Inhale, similar to the one in Amazing Mirror, Return to Dreamland etc, only that instead of inhaling various objects/characters (which I guess would be very difficult to do) it only has increased range. You can only start Super Inhale some seconds (1 or 2) after starting Inhale, similar to Return to Dreamland's, and it would have longer recovery as well.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I would like a Super Inhale final smash instead. Some of the final smashes in the game are either lazy (landmastuh) or just plain bad (kirby). But I guess final smashes are pretty low in the priority list.

Agreed. Who needs teeth, anyway? All anyone does to eat in Smash Bros is go up to food and press A.
Now I can't get the image of a theethless Wario out of my head. Thanks.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I would like a Super Inhale final smash instead. Some of the final smashes in the game are either lazy (landmastuh) or just plain bad (kirby). But I guess final smashes are pretty low in the priority list.
You know, I've always wondered why they didn't decide to go with Crash Kirby for Brawl.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Mike Kirby with limited range like ZSS, but with 3 tries, would be good too

Shin F.

Smash Master
Because it's kinda lame. It's just Kirby making a huge explosion.
True, it's not exactly the most flashy. Still less lame than Cook Kirby, though. And it's not like other characters are devoid of boring Final Smashes. *coughROBcough*
Mike Kirby with limited range like ZSS, but with 3 tries, would be good too
That would be really cool.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Paint Kirby maybe?
And it's not like other characters are devoid of boring Final Smashes. *coughROBcough*
I like ROB's final smash. Sure it isn't as fancy or powerful as others, but it's still pretty effective, and is the pure embodiment of annoyance to fight against. (My Smash buddies love me:chuckle:).

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
True, it's not exactly the most flashy. Still less lame than Cook Kirby, though. And it's not like other characters are devoid of boring Final Smashes. *coughROBcough*
I honestly don't have any problem with Cook Kirby being his FS. It only needs some VA so it's not as empty, make Kirby smile in the end instead of the :o face and make the hat disappear with some smoke and/or stars. Otherwise it's cool, original and complex enough for a Final Smash (long animation, all the extra models it uses, etcetcetc).

Also, I fail to see how the other limited abilities could be any better. Mike, Paint and Crash are all too basic, Flame Monster would be too similar to Mario's, Flare Beam to Pikachu's and there's no way to make Snow Bowl work, at least that I can think of. The Grand Hammer ability could work though. Either using the same attack from the game and charging it by rotating the stick very fast, with different effects depending on the level of charge or a cinematic one that would have Melee's air side B represented in some way. IDK, just random ideas. And of course the Ultra Sword isn't an option.

When it comes to Final Smashes the top priority right now should be Roy's IMHO. Mewtwo's may be just a clone of Lucario's, but at least it still meets the quality standards of the other Final Smashes.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I feel like a lot of Final Smashes in Brawl, unlike Smash Bros. for the stuff, aren't entirely about overpoweredness, but strategy, ROB can't get a kill without bonking someone, Kirby has to be close to everyone and collect all the items. Ivysaur gets an overpowered beam thrice, heals, and is my favourite character please don't nerf him.

I think Lucas' and Ness' are in most need of change. No strategy, easy to dodge.
This may be a very crazy idea but sharing it anyway: giving Kirby his Super Inhale ability. After starting Inhale, if you rotate the stick very fast it becomes a Super Inhale, similar to the one in Amazing Mirror, Return to Dreamland etc, only that instead of inhaling various objects/characters (which I guess would be very difficult to do) it only has increased range. You can only start Super Inhale some seconds (1 or 2) after starting Inhale, similar to Return to Dreamland's, and it would have longer recovery as well.
THIS GUY

deserves a trophy.
Maybe it could slightly push Kirby backwards. Didn't he have the super suck since Super Star?

TreK

Is "that guy"
Let's talk about Ivy if you guys want to. She's one of the few who only has texture changes atm, and has the fewest suggestions in the OP.

Plus Machiavelli has just done an AMA on reddit and got us Ivies hyped about his tropical Ivy suggestion.

I heard about "coin block Ivy" and "valnet ivy" from @TimeSmash, got any sketch for those ? I have litterally no idea what those would look like. I've also seen Ivytron3000 the Mecha-Ivysaur by searching this thread and it made me laugh pretty hard.

Other popular suggestions I've heard :
-Thug life Ivysaur : if you play Ivysaur and do not shout "smoke weed everyday" way too often, you're doing it wrong. I mean, she's litterally made of weed, and she's so chill Snoop Dogg wishes he could get as high as High-vysaur. Gimme my thug chains and accessories.
-Ivysaur-cerer : this would fit with her shooting big lazers and wanting to keep her distance, as well as using weird moves. I mean, Ivy's bair spells "thou shall not pass" pretty clearly, doesn't it ? But more importantly, it would complete the holy trinity of RPGs with Squirtle the assassin, Charizard the warrior and Ivysaur the mage.
-Bulbasaur : why ? Because why the hell not, Bulbasaur is insanely cute.

Got anything else to make my day ?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Let's talk about Ivy if you guys want to. She's one of the few who only has texture changes atm, and has the fewest suggestions in the OP.

Plus Machiavelli has just done an AMA on reddit and got us Ivies hyped about his tropical Ivy suggestion.

I heard about "coin block Ivy" and "valnet ivy" from @TimeSmash, got any sketch for those ? I have litterally no idea what those would look like. I've also seen Ivytron3000 the Mecha-Ivysaur by searching this thread and it made me laugh pretty hard.

Other popular suggestions I've heard :
-Thug life Ivysaur : if you play Ivysaur and do not shout "smoke weed everyday" way too often, you're doing it wrong. I mean, she's litterally made of weed, and she's so chill Snoop Dogg wishes he could get as high as High-vysaur. Gimme my thug chains and accessories.
-Ivysaur-cerer : this would fit with her shooting big lazers and wanting to keep her distance, as well as using weird moves. I mean, Ivy's bair spells "thou shall not pass" pretty clearly, doesn't it ? But more importantly, it would complete the holy trinity of RPGs with Squirtle the assassin, Charizard the warrior and Ivysaur the mage.
-Bulbasaur : why ? Because why the hell not, Bulbasaur is insanely cute.

Got anything else to make my day ?
Tropical Ivysaur..? Hmm.. That could work as a recolor though. I'd rather not see Ivysaur get any costumes which get rid of the flower bud due to it being part of how Ivysaurs look. If it buds, they become Venusaur.

But on the topic of Ivysaur costumes, here's one that was posted a while ago that I saved, because it has potential to be cool as hell.

I'm personally a Gardener Ivysaur fan tho.

Now that I look at them, I feel like the flower buds could use a bit more color variation, like real flowers.

Attachments

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I'm all for Ivysaur-cerer, as I like the idea of the RPG class triangle reflecting the type triangle.

I also wouldn't mind some palette swaps that reflect other flower based Nintendo enemies.

A palette based off of the Boko Baba from WW would be sweet.

The bulb part would work perfectly, and the color scheme could be fitted to the rest of the body.

Also, you can't forget about the Piranha Plant from the Mario games.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
The Boko Baba would make a sweet recolor, but I'm a firm believer that Ivy doesn't need an alt. Recolors are all she needs and I feel any alt would be forced.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The Boko Baba would make a sweet recolor, but I'm a firm believer that Ivy doesn't need an alt. Recolors are all she needs and I feel any alt would be forced.
I feel like every character should get at least one proper alt though, especially Ivy since Squirtle and Charizard already got alts, it's only fair

Sidenote, Olimar should have a pikmin cosplay alt, can you imagine how adorable that'd be

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I feel like every character should get at least one proper alt though, especially Ivy since Squirtle and Charizard already got alts, it's only fair

Sidenote, Olimar should have a pikmin cosplay alt, can you imagine how adorable that'd be
But see I strongly dislike Squirtle's alt. It's forced OC and I don't want to feel that way about my main when we can get nice recolors instead.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
But see I strongly dislike Squirtle's alt. It's forced OC and I don't want to feel that way about my main when we can get nice recolors instead.
I agree very much with Chombey on this one. I have an idea that's not forced OC, that I've repeated a few times. It could have three team colours, based on the disgusting zombified looking palette swaps from Brawl. Here's my crappy concept art.

It's based on the idea of the fungus in the Pokémon world, specifically that of Parasect. According to widely-accepted theory, Paras and Parasect is a Pokémon corrupted and controlled by a mushroom, the "Cordyceps". With the leaves replaced by shelf-shrooms, the bud with a mushroom cap, and the ivies could easily be long capped mushrooms. The green swap could be inspired by Shroomish, and the blue could be inspired by maybe Gloom? They would all have differing cap patterns too.

They could take inspiration from a lot of Pokémon lore. The best part is that it doesn't heavily affect the character, and it still fits within Pokémon.

And besides, mage would fit Jiggs or Pikachu better.

Ivy's mah main.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom