• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
If SJS' ZSS gets added, the shiny-ness should be toned down just a bit.

SJS also added a skin pack that shows off all the end-game suits with holsters, and that would be pretty cool to see on all the skins in-game.
Then there's his OoT3DS Brawl-inspired Link that I'm surprised nobody talks about. I dunno if its a better quality than the PMDT's Classic Link though.

On to something non-SJS-related stuff, I found a photo of the original Metroid Samus that the Classic Power Suit could have a chestpiece inspired by.
Although the green arrow on her chestplate is already pretty iconic and people wouldn't want that taken away, the other half of the cuirass could have that exposed gray plating on it.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman

SJS also added a skin pack that shows off all the end-game suits with holsters, and that would be pretty cool to see on all the skins in-game.
Then there's his OoT3DS Brawl-inspired Link that I'm surprised nobody talks about. I dunno if its a better quality than the PMDT's Classic Link though.

On to something non-SJS-related stuff, I found a photo of the original Metroid Samus that the Classic Power Suit could have a chestpiece inspired by.
Although the green arrow on her chestplate is already pretty iconic and people wouldn't want that taken away, the other half of the cuirass could have that exposed gray plating on it.
Link to the OOT3Ds/Brawlish Link? I can't seem to find it, although it sounds really cool. I've always liked how TP looks.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I just want to say that I totally support SJS' ZSS. I didn't think that the original looked bad, but his just blows it out of the water.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I wanted to also voice my support in using SJSZSS. Now that we're using some of his regular Samus suits, it would help tie it all together. The improvements are minor enough that nobody will be offended that their main color was altered, but enough to make a nice visual improvement. I've used them in my custom build since I found them.

That said, I don't like the alts being redone with the gun holster.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Hey I know the "cool" thing to be talking about right now is SJS' ZSS which I would love but I was wondering if we could have this as an alt. stage to FD. @ Nanobuds Nanobuds you made it please just slip it in without anyone noticing

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I don't think we'll ever see Sm4sh content in a official build though.

Also, I'm pretty sure Nanobuds only made the vid.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Sounds like all reality is in support of SJS Samus. Yay. Would they try to recreate the Brawl CSP's though? That'd be neat, then they could simply say they totally scrapped the crappy Brawl Zero Suit "remastered her model"

"Shiny-ness"
Pun.
I personally like Project M's Ocarina Link better.

"end-game suits with holsters"
EXPLAIN.

Also, that photo, they need to add those vent thingies to Samus' gut, arms, and legs. And those gut red bomb thingies are awesome.
I wonder if they ever considered adding them before, and there was a reason that they didn't.
Link to the OOT3Ds/Brawlish Link? I can't seem to find it, although it sounds really cool. I've always liked how TP looks.
Pun.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
"Shiny-ness"

Also, that photo, they need to add those vent thingies to Samus' gut, arms, and legs. And those gut red bomb thingies are awesome.
I wonder if they ever considered adding them before, and there was a reason that they didn't.
The most descriptive post brought to you by Nefnoj :p

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Sounds like all reality is in support of SJS Samus. Yay. Would they try to recreate the Brawl CSP's though? That'd be neat, then they could simply say they totally scrapped the crappy Brawl Zero Suit "remastered her model"

"Shiny-ness"
Pun.
I personally like Project M's Ocarina Link better.

"end-game suits with holsters"
EXPLAIN.

Pun.
I don't see why everybody dislikes SJS' Link model, I don't see anything wrong with it, it's totally screen accurate..

Its exactly what it sounds like. Samus in her various bikini/short shorts with a holster strapped to her leg.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Big Boss has a CO-OP phrase in Peace Walker where he says "Say good night". Its "powered up" version puts nearby enemies to sleep.

I thought it would be cool to see it as a taunt easter egg for the tranq gun, similar to Samus' "be still". The voice actor is the same as Brawl's so it wouldn't seem out of place. However the game doesn't have an option to turn off the music so I can't record it and I don't know how to rip it from the iso :(

Also tuxedo Snake when.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I don't see why everybody dislikes SJS' Link model, I don't see anything wrong with it, it's totally screen accurate..

Its exactly what it sounds like. Samus in her various bikini/short shorts with a holster strapped to her leg.
The face on his Link looks sorta awkward. It's mainly due to the eyed, as the seem a bit big and just off in general.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

I thought you meant every character or Samus in her suit with a holster.

I was weirded out.
Also tuxedo for every character when.
I fixed that for you! <3

McSlur

Smash Journeyman

I don't really dislike it, it just seems off for some reason...not sure why.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Not that I actually expect it to be added, but putting in a firm "no" against the current incarnation of SJS's ZSS retexture. I voiced my thoughts on it in the reddit thread a few days ago:

On the one hand, no boobsocks. That's a good thing.

On the other, why is everything shiny? The hair is shiny. The Fusion/ZM ending costumes are shiny. It's weird, it shouldn't have been a thing in SSB4, and it definitely looks out of place in Brawl. I'd even argue it could be toned down on the bodysuits, I'm not a fan of the pseudo-latex look.
There's more to a good model/texture than just "oh this looks cool/pretty."

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure there are these things called textures that can change the color of the objects, but don't quote me on that.

:p

Seriously though, if the shinyness (is that a real word?) is bothering you, it can be fixed. It's not like the PMDT lifts models straight from the vault and puts them in the mod right away. If they add that one, they'll edit it so that it doesn't look out of place in Brawl.
Personally, I like it. I'm sure I have seen people wearing shiny costumes in superhero movies/cosplay, so it's not the first time I have seen that kind of clothing, and with Brawl's focus on realistic textures, it looks okay.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Well then guys since it's my SUPER MEGA-AWESOME BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I expect the reveal of a Meowser alt. from the ever graceful @ Nanobuds Nanobuds . and by "i expect" I mean I'm begging you please i want it

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Not that I actually expect it to be added, but putting in a firm "no" against the current incarnation of SJS's ZSS retexture. I voiced my thoughts on it in the reddit thread a few days ago:
Could you get me a link to your thoughts on this magical "reddit thread"?
I'm pretty sure there are these things called textures that can change the color of the objects, but don't quote me on that.
:p
Seriously though, if the shinyness (is that a real word?) is bothering you, it can be fixed. It's not like the PMDT lifts models straight from the vault and puts them in the mod right away. If they add that one, they'll edit it so that it doesn't look out of place in Brawl.
Personally, I like it. I'm sure I have seen people wearing shiny costumes in superhero movies/cosplay, so it's not the first time I have seen that kind of clothing, and with Brawl's focus on realistic textures, it looks okay.
I wish I could give you a candy bar for your good reasoning. They even edited the Dark Suit a little, as seen in the trailer.

Oh, and for your technical bits, (though I prefer the word shininess) the exact term you would be looking for would be "specular maps": A black-and-white texture indicating where the shiny is. The darker the part of the texture is, the less reflection and shine there is. The brighter, the more shine.

An example:

I also don't know what I'm talking about but I'm pretty sure it's accurate.
Fabulous would be super shiny.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Mind you I haven't put any customs into 3.5 so it's been a while, but I don't remember the SJS ZZS being shiny or anything. I just remember the gun holster and slightly changed colors and suit design.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Mind you I haven't put any customs into 3.5 so it's been a while, but I don't remember the SJS ZZS being shiny or anything. I just remember the gun holster and slightly changed colors and suit design.
SJS ZSS is indeed very much brighter and glossy than the default model.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Hence why I said "current incarnation". Obviously it's not set in stone.

Do those people also have bright glossy hair and porcelain faces? Well, okay, maybe they have porcelain faces. Gogo gadget makeup.

I also pointed out that as clothes go, my biggest issue is with the Fusion and Zero Mission ending outfits. Those aren't supposed to be shiny, but they are. Even the Zero Suit has more of a glossy look than it ever did in a Metroid game, but at least it almost makes sense.

Could you get me a link to your thoughts on this magical "reddit thread"?
Uh... sure, but it's the exact same text as my quote above.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
People obsessed with adding those unappealing holsters on Samus costumes that don't even look good with them but we still have that ugly Sonic model.

Sonic has the worst character design of any of Brawl's models in my opinion.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Basically the same thing.

So is that gonna be a new victory animation for the Blue Blur now?

People obsessed with adding those unappealing holsters on Samus costumes that don't even look good with them but we still have that ugly Sonic model.

Sonic has the worst character design of any of Brawl's models in my opinion.
I think the holster looks cool. It enforces Samus' role as a bounty hunter, even in her casual clothes.

Also I kinda.. Have to agree on the Sonic model bit. His shoes are shiny in pretty much every Sonic artwork, and they don't have spec maps of any kind in Brawl.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
@ Comeback Kid Comeback Kid how's this for a better Sonic model? :p

Considering the amount of detail that we see in Brawl, I figured this wouldn't look too out of place in PM.

If you can't tell the difference between Brawl Sonic and this, this Sonic's mouth is off-center, on the right side of his face, no eyebrow ridges, and the most prominent: his shoes are shiny, and he actually has a furry texture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom