• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Epiphany.

SJS provided for Project M before..
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204656

All they have to do here is a head swap, then they're done. SHAZAM.

I tried once, but I lazy
I'm happy for you, but let's stay on-topic.

So does anyone predict that we'll get more alts (not just recolors) for 3.6 other than Samus' Dark Suit?
Not really, if any, just one. The update's focused on patches and stages... So flimmy flammy butterstibs.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy for you, but let's stay on-topic.

So does anyone predict that we'll get more alts (not just recolors) for 3.6 other than Samus' Dark Suit?
I doubt it since the only reason Dark Suit Samus made it in is because SJS already made it so they just touched it up a bit and added it. The only way I see us getting another alt is if they take another finished alt by someone else and just enhance it like they did Dark Suit Samus

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Epiphany.

SJS provided for Project M before..
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204656

All they have to do here is a head swap, then they're done. SHAZAM.
You deserve a raise.

Also I wanna predict that we'll get a Conductor Toon Link.

Where's the ideas for more updated recolors?

I wanna see a Classic Bowser replace the White Bowser color, a semi-alt replacement for Captain Falcon's Blood Falcon alt would be sweet. Star Fox 64 replacements for certain Spacie recolors would be awesome,
a SMB2 Blue alt for Luigi I'd like too. Finally, we need a better, almost semi-alt for Classic Tink.

And I think it would be cool if Bowser teleported SM64-style for his roll, rather than duck into his shell like all his other good moves.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
They already confirmed that there won't be any other new alts in this update.
To be fair, they said there wasn't any new art planned for the update at all. They just happened to finish things like the stages before the update came out. There's every chance that if the update gets put off enough, more things could reach completion in the meantime and end up included. It's just not planned for that to happen.

SJS plz

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Still want SJS Zero Suit Samus to be official, myself. Looks so much better than Brawl's.
Definitely! The official one makes me uncomfortable. SJS' is also super shiny. And it has a holster.

If they can't replace it though, they should at least add the holster, I did that in my build.
To be fair, they said there wasn't any new art planned for the update at all. They just happened to finish things like the stages before the update came out. There's every chance that if the update gets put off enough, more things could reach completion in the meantime and end up included. It's just not planned for that to happen.
Nanobuds had spare time, haha.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah SJS/DarkStar ZSS would be a great improvement. The only gripe I have is that it's a lil too shiny, kinda looks like plastic lol. Tone it down a smidge and it'll be golden X)

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I think all default costumes are fine as they are right now though. If one gets drastically changed might as well change everyone, but honestly I think that would be a ton of work and I rather see new alts and stages.

Regarding Bowser's teleport, honestly it's a very very very bad idea. Looks cheap, out of place and just so damn random. The current roll animation is more than fine.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
That post reminded me: Why isn't "DOH! I MISSED!" his KO screan?
I believe someone mentioned implementing that sound for when wario SD's with down-air. Seems much more fitting.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yeah SJS/DarkStar ZSS would be a great improvement. The only gripe I have is that it's a lil too shiny, kinda looks like plastic lol. Tone it down a smidge and it'll be golden X)
I think I beg to differ, I love the shiny.

The whole thing (shininess included) is a bit more natural, in my opinion, the Brawl Zero Suit Samus seems a bit freakish, almost looks rushed, compared to the other Brawl models.

Nice thing about shiny is that all it takes to fix is a darker texture in the magic shine thingy texture thingy.
I think all default costumes are fine as they are right now though. If one gets drastically changed might as well change everyone
This is a very good point.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think I beg to differ, I love the shiny.

The whole thing (shininess included) is a bit more natural, in my opinion, the Brawl Zero Suit Samus seems a bit freakish, almost looks rushed, compared to the other Brawl models.

Nice thing about shiny is that all it takes to fix is a darker texture in the magic shine thingy texture thingy.
This, yes.
This is a very good point.
This, no. It's not. Why should they have to change them all just because they'd be changing one? That makes no sense.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I'm with you here Shin, but as much as I'd like an updated ZSS in a future PM release, I think it would be unfair for fans of other characters, even though I can't think of another character that needs an update (snake?).
So I'm gonna replace boob-socks Samus with SJS's in all the upcoming releases, no big deal

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
This, no. It's not. Why should they have to change them all just because they'd be changing one? That makes no sense.
Yeah, I don't see the point either. Some are just noticeably bad or are otherwise in definite need of updating (ex: ZSS, Sonic, maybe Pikachu and Captain Falcon)
I think it would be unfair for fans of other characters, even though I can't think of another character that needs an update (snake?).
What do you think is unfair about it? It's not a criticism, I just don't know what you mean.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I don't see it as a problem if only ZSS gets updated, because there's a better model right there for them to use. Other characters don't have a better model available so that's probably part of the reason people aren't asking for an update for them. Plus I haven't really heard any complaints for other characters

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm with you here Shin, but as much as I'd like an updated ZSS in a future PM release, I think it would be unfair for fans of other characters, even though I can't think of another character that needs an update (snake?).
So I'm gonna replace boob-socks Samus with SJS's in all the upcoming releases, no big deal
It's not so much about fairness as it is about improving Project M's quality as a whole. ZSS is one of, if not the only character with a default model that's really bad compared to everyone else. Nothing unfair about bringing her up to the standards of the others, and with models that already exist and so don't take away dev time from the others.

Although I do wonder... does anyone know any ZSS mains that actually like her Brawl model? If so, then I could see that as a valid reason to not officially upgrade her. Otherwise, there's nothing to lose in doing so.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Unfair... Maybe I worded that incorrectly, but let me explain...
I replaced ZSS and Link with SJS's Samus and IWG Link, and a couple friends of mine were a little upset because I didn't do anything with other characters like Sheik and Mewtwo (even though it's not really my fault, there aren't that many good models out there and they aren't really needed) and that I was playing favorites and some other random nonsense. Their reaction isn't in any way representative of how many people would be upset with the change, but this is the internet, so...
I have always hated Brawl's ZSS, so she ain't coming back. What I meant to say was that I support the change if it becomes official, but if that's not possible, then I can change her myself.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I think that's a really fair explanation. The obvious fix for that is to just update every character that even somewhat needs it, unless your friends want change just for change's sake. Hopefully it's something that's considered, though it'll probably be a long while from now if ever.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Unfair... Maybe I worded that incorrectly, but let me explain...
I replaced ZSS and Link with SJS's Samus and IWG Link, and a couple friends of mine were a little upset because I didn't do anything with other characters like Sheik and Mewtwo (even though it's not really my fault, there aren't that many good models out there and they aren't really needed) and that I was playing favorites and some other random nonsense. Their reaction isn't in any way representative of how many people would be upset with the change, but this is the internet, so...
I have always hated Brawl's ZSS, so she ain't coming back. What I meant to say was that I support the change if it becomes official, but if that's not possible, then I can change her myself.
I mean, yeah, of course we can always change her ourselves, but like I said, bringing her model up to par with the others would improve Project M as a whole, and it would be nice to have such an improvement be official. Keeping a character model at lower quality just because a few people might cry favoritism holds the game back from improving itself. It's a relatively small thing next to actual gameplay, but as small as it is, the bottom line is that it's still a part of the whole experience that can be improved upon with little effort. I don't see any reason for Project M to not make itself even better than it already is.

Unless, of course, a lot of ZSS mains are attached to that ungodly ugly model for some reason. I don't think that's the case, though.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Here's an idea: Pit's "Dark" costume could have the Silver Bow :)
This is a good idea, especially since Pit can equip Dark Pit's bow. I will give you a train.
Yeah, I don't see the point either. Some are just noticeably bad or are otherwise in definite need of updating (ex: ZSS, Sonic, maybe Pikachu and Captain Falcon)
What do you think is unfair about it? It's not a criticism, I just don't know what you mean.
What's wrong with those guys?
I mean, yeah, of course we can always change her ourselves, but like I said, bringing her model up to par with the others would improve Project M as a whole, and it would be nice to have such an improvement be official. Keeping a character model at lower quality just because a few people might cry favoritism holds the game back from improving itself. It's a relatively small thing next to actual gameplay, but as small as it is, the bottom line is that it's still a part of the whole experience that can be improved upon with little effort. I don't see any reason for Project M to not make itself even better than it already is.

Unless, of course, a lot of ZSS mains are attached to that ungodly ugly model for some reason. I don't think that's the case, though.
I'm concerned about the rules that the Project M Development Team puts on themselves... A lot of their statements, rules, and whatnot, are definitely things we, as fans, would love, but they go against their own standards.

For instance, one rule Nanobuds Nanobuds stated is that they can't have model differences from team palette to team palette
I think. Even though us fans would LOVE Four Sword Links, that's their rule and they can't go back on it. If one rule is broken on account of something we want, think about the riots the fans will have. People will storm onto the Project M Developers homes and eat their children, and I can't allow that. I have a feeling that changing the default models completely is one of those rules.

Oh and I dare the Project M Team to prove me wrong and add four swords and sjs samus come on you know you want to.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm concerned about the rules that the Project M Development Team puts on themselves... A lot of their statements, rules, and whatnot, are definitely things we, as fans, would love, but they go against their own standards.

For instance, one rule Nanobuds Nanobuds stated is that they can't have model differences from team palette to team palette I think. Even though us fans would LOVE Four Sword Links, that's their rule and they can't go back on it. If one rule is broken on account of something we want, think about the riots the fans will have. People will storm onto the Project M Developers homes and eat their children, and I can't allow that. I have a feeling that changing the default models completely is one of those rules.

Oh and I dare the Project M Team to prove me wrong and add four swords and sjs samus come on you know you want to.
Well, it's quite fortunate then that they don't have any rules (that they've told us) against changing defaults as long as the models are the same from one team costume to the next. ;)

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I believe someone mentioned implementing that sound for when wario SD's with down-air. Seems much more fitting.
Actually, I made this a while ago.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204576

It replaces Wario's KO sounds with Mario Party 2 voices.
Normal KOs are him shouting "Bwaaaaahhh!!"
And the Star KO is "Doh I missed!"

I don't know if it's possible to link a certain move to a specific KO sound affect, but that would be awesome. Until then, I have this.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I'd switch the two sounds, imo (that is, if I knew how :))
Yeah editing sfx takes a bit of learning to accomplish. But putting sounds over others isn't too bad. Now editing .pac files to change when a sound is used, I have no idea how that works.

Actually, I made this a while ago.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204576

It replaces Wario's KO sounds with Mario Party 2 voices.
Normal KOs are him shouting "Bwaaaaahhh!!"
And the Star KO is "Doh I missed!"

I don't know if it's possible to link a certain move to a specific KO sound affect, but that would be awesome. Until then, I have this.
As a Wario main, I use this and love the nostalgia it brings! I get less salty when I'm KO'd.

Wedding Bowser when?

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Bowser could use a model more akin to his latest representations in Mario games (Super Mario Galaxy, etcetcetc) instead of the too serious one he has right now.

Another guy said that Samus could use his Prime suit instead of the one she has based on Super Metroid.

Mewtwo could use the head of the Chun-Li thighs costume on Brawl Vault (we know that the thighs are impossible to add due to the way the model is rigged).

Jigglypuff should get rid of the :o face and get the Sm4sh smile instead. Sm4sh eyes are also way better.

Toon Link should use WW-based colors and shading.

Dedede has some really stupid-looking eyes. There was a "fix" in BV for that though.

Solid Snake should look like Solid Snake instead of being a mix of Big Boss and himself. Leave the beard and all that for the Big Boss alt.

Those are just some examples. Then we have the general problem of Brawl's style being too dark and just plain sad, which obviously affects every model.

This would be just too much work, and I rather see all that time be put in alts, stages and new things for Bowser (@ Nanobuds Nanobuds wink wink). Heck, even for ZSS alone it would be a lot of work because I think you guys are forgetting that the alts would also need to be changed as well for consistency's sake.

I just don't see this as a priority.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
What's wrong with those guys?
Sonic's got this weird centered mouth thing that has never been in one of his own games. Plus I (personally) think the proportions are off. Compare it to the Generations model and you might see what I mean; I'll update this with a pic later.

As for the other two, they just seem as if they haven't held up as well as the others. Canonically Pikachu looks thinner and more expressive now, and while Captain Falcon hasn't had his own material in some time, I think his new rendition (in SSB4) better captures his extreme vibe, so to speak. Sonic and ZSS are the only two that need it to me, though.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic's got this weird centered mouth thing that has never been in one of his own games.
Um, what?

Did you just not play any Sonic game before Unleashed? His 3D model ALWAYS had a center mouth until that game. Hell, it's even still that way in the Olympic games that came out after that.

And personally, I've always preferred it that way. The side mouth looks so ****ing weird and disturbing in 3D. it's fine in 2D, though.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Um, what?

Did you just not play any Sonic game before Unleashed? His 3D model ALWAYS had a center mouth until that game. Hell, it's even still that way in the Olympic games that came out after that.

And personally, I've always preferred it that way. The side mouth looks so ****ing weird and disturbing in 3D. it's fine in 2D, though.
My mistake then. I don't have the means to check too thoroughly now, but I still like the side mouth look. If handled well animation-wise, I think it'd look way better, but I guess the community might differ from me.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
My mistake then. I don't have the means to check too thoroughly now, but I still like the side mouth look. If handled well animation-wise, I think it'd look way better, but I guess the community might differ from me.
Actually, a third would agree with you, a third would disagree and a third would wonder why either of us even care.

Welcome to the truth behind Sonic Fanbase opinions. lol

But yeah, the ingame models for SA1, SA2, Heroes, ShTH, 06, the Riders games and the Olympic games all have centered mouths. It's strictly in cutscenes for those games except for the Olympic games which always has the centered mouths showing. Unleashed, Colors, Generations and Lost World have the side mouth for Sonic himself.

Meanwhile, Secret Rings and Black Knight don't have mouths at all, even in what few in-stage cutscenes there are.\

This has been Useless Sonic Trivia with Kaye Cruiser. More at 11.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
The side mouth thing is weird to me honestly, feels like he smiled to one side of his face real hard one day and it got stuck XD. I used the Smash 3 Sonic model once in my build and it felt weird when I did Sonics up taunt because his mouth wouldn't be visible unless Sonic was looking to the left when I did it lol

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Bowser could use a model more akin to his latest representations in Mario games (Super Mario Galaxy, etcetcetc) instead of the too serious one he has right now.

Another guy said that Samus could use his Prime suit instead of the one she has based on Super Metroid.

Mewtwo could use the head of the Chun-Li thighs costume on Brawl Vault (we know that the thighs are impossible to add due to the way the model is rigged).

Jigglypuff should get rid of the :o face and get the Sm4sh smile instead. Sm4sh eyes are also way better.

Toon Link should use WW-based colors and shading.

Dedede has some really stupid-looking eyes. There was a "fix" in BV for that though.

Solid Snake should look like Solid Snake instead of being a mix of Big Boss and himself. Leave the beard and all that for the Big Boss alt.

Those are just some examples. Then we have the general problem of Brawl's style being too dark and just plain sad, which obviously affects every model.

This would be just too much work, and I rather see all that time be put in alts, stages and new things for Bowser (@ Nanobuds Nanobuds wink wink). Heck, even for ZSS alone it would be a lot of work because I think you guys are forgetting that the alts would also need to be changed as well for consistency's sake.

I just don't see this as a priority.
I actually like Brawl Bowser. Also, the Jigglypuff in Sm4sh just looks kinda off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom