• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

muleet

Smash Apprentice
A way to give Zelda, Link and Ganon a new symbol, would be to alter slightly the trifoce itself : for Ganon you alter the upper one, for Zelda the bottom left one, and for Link the bottom right one.
Like for example, another tiny triangle in the original triangle.
(And for Toon Link I don't know.)

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Metroid. Kid Icarus. Metal Gear. Ummmmmm... Earthbound. F-Zero.

Dang, that made me have a random thought. How crazy would it be if Samus had an actual Metroid as her series symbol instead of the Screw Attack? Weird.
The difference is that it's called Mario Party, not Bowser party. Mario already has claim over that game.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
That seems like a really unnecesary addition, and you won't even notice such changes in the CSS anyway, the regular triforce is an appropiate icon for any character from the series.
Does the STGRESULT file have a data limit? Now that Bowser has it's own icon, that would mean new models for the results screen, and I'm wondering how many diferent series icons can you add to it (if there are characters from a game that has no fighters yet).
What I really want now is a complete overhaul of the menus/UI and give PM it's own identity. The stock icons are a good step in that direction.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Does the STGRESULT file have a data limit? Now that Bowser has it's own icon, that would mean new models for the results screen, and I'm wondering how many diferent series icons can you add to it (if there are characters from a game that has no fighters yet).
Every file has data limits, but no, adding new icons doesn't require new models. They all use the same one, just with the texture swapped. You can add a ton of icons if you want to. Before I stopped working on my BrawlEx build I think I had about 10 new icons added to it.
That seems like a really unnecesary addition, and you won't even notice such changes in the CSS anyway, the regular triforce is an appropiate icon for any character from the series.
That said, I agree here.
What I really want now is a complete overhaul of the menus/UI and give PM it's own identity. The stock icons are a good step in that direction.
And this would be nice.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
A way to give Zelda, Link and Ganon a new symbol, would be to alter slightly the trifoce itself : for Ganon you alter the upper one, for Zelda the bottom left one, and for Link the bottom right one.
Like for example, another tiny triangle in the original triangle.
(And for Toon Link I don't know.)
This man here,

is a genius.

I was thinking they could just make the other two more transparent than the first... It'd still be the Triforce, but you'd be able to clearly see which Triforce corresponds with which character.

And Toon Link is awesome enough to have the Triforce of Courage.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Because the regular Mario victory theme doesn't fit him at all. Even Sakurai noticed and changed it in Smash 4.
I mean I get it, I'd just like to see variations on the same tune for the rest of the Mario cast. Like Peach's more royal sounding, Mario's more classic sounding, Luigi's more...Luigi sounding? Hahahah

He gets his own theme because the normal one doesn't match him like SG9000 said and he doesn't even hang out with the mario crew anyway. He's part of the main cast of the mario series but he's the villain so he's seperate from Mario, Luigi and Peach.

Oh and Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story says hello XD lol
Couldn't the exact same be argued for Ganondorf then? By that logic he should have his own theme going on as well, something sinisterish

**** and it does say hello haha. I totally forgot about that!
Mario Party 10 is basically Bowser's game
Haven't played it but I do think you're right!

Tl;dr if Bowser gets his own theme for reasons, Ganon should get his own too. Ideally, it'd be awesome if everyone had different themes, or at least something like the Mario situation I described earlier with variations on the same theme. The possibilites are endless

Shin F.

Smash Master
Tl;dr if Bowser gets his own theme for reasons, Ganon should get his own too. Ideally, it'd be awesome if everyone had different themes, or at least something like the Mario situation I described earlier with variations on the same theme. The possibilites are endless
I'd like for the series icons to remain the same mostly, but I wouldn't mind if more characters got their own victory themes. It's not a high priority, but it'd be cool. I'd like Ness to get his Melee victory theme.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'd like for the series icons to remain the same mostly, but I wouldn't mind if more characters got their own victory themes. It's not a high priority, but it'd be cool. I'd like Ness to get his Melee victory theme.
Yes Ness Melee theme! And different icons isn't totally necessary, though the triforce idea mentioned is cool. And I would like Samus' to possibly be retooled, into what though I couldn't tell you haha

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean I get it, I'd just like to see variations on the same tune for the rest of the Mario cast. Like Peach's more royal sounding, Mario's more classic sounding, Luigi's more...Luigi sounding? Hahahah
Me too, but the new victory themes are actually replacing the microgame sounds in the WarioWare stage, of which there is a limited amount of.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Me too, but the new victory themes are actually replacing the microgame sounds in the WarioWare stage, of which there is a limited amount of.
I mean, they don't necessarily have to. They could use the Custom Sound Engine to add new music and use those songs for victory themes.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I mean, they don't necessarily have to. They can use the Custom Sound Engine to add new music and use those songs for victory themes.
That's what I was thinking, as a workaround. But as I've said umpteen times my knowledge of Brawl hacking is minimal so I just like to make ideas haha

Shin F.

Smash Master
That's what I was thinking, as a workaround. But as I've said umpteen times my knowledge of Brawl hacking is minimal so I just like to make ideas haha
I'm no PMDT, but I've got a pretty good understanding in general, just from having been doing it for a while. I've used CSE for victory themes before for my BrawlEx characters. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any issues using CSE with PM, so there's no reason they shouldn't be able to do the same.
That makes sense, considering WarioWare with microgames may be an AshleyWare alternate
Yeah, pretty sure it is.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Speaking of sounds, that reminds me, Duon and the other guy, their sounds are Roy's and Mewtwo's... Is it possible to change their sounds to some generic Bowser or Charizard roars?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Speaking of sounds, that reminds me, Duon and the other guy, their sounds are Roy's and Mewtwo's... Is it possible to change their sounds to some generic Bowser or Charizard roars?
That's-

Huh... that's a pretty good idea. Actually, since they're machines, could have them use ROB sounds. I don't actually know if that's possible yet. I think there's been some research into Boss PSA, but I'm not sure how far it's gone at this point. I think it's pretty rudimentary at this point.

Although unlikely and maybe impossible, it would actually be cool if Galleom and Duon were remade into new bosses entirely, instead of being generic SSE things. You know, something like Dyna Blade or a Metal Gear.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Nah just rig Roy and Mewtwo's heads onto the bosses and call it a day.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Because the regular Mario victory theme doesn't fit him at all. Even Sakurai noticed and changed it in Smash 4.
Yeah, but Wolf is still unfortunately stuck with the Star Fox mission complete fanfare. His most hated rival. Every other theme now in the game generally fits the character.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
But remember this?

Even the unlock movie in Subspace Emissary remembers he is known for a different theme. I would slow it down personally and add horns like the Assault version.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But remember this?

Even the unlock movie in Subspace Emissary remembers he is known for a different theme. I would slow it down personally and add horns like the Assault version.
I agree that the Star Wolf theme would be a great theme replacement for Wolf, but I still think the Star Fox one does a good job at it.

Last edited:

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Ness getting his melee theme and lucas keeping the brawl one is a great idea. So is Wolf getting his own theme.

And can Sonic and the pokemon get better themes? Like the classic stage clear for Sonic, and the fanfare from whena poke evolves for the pokes. Wario's doesn't totally make sense to me either but the Stonecarving theme is too awesome to ditch.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
All this talk of themes, lol might as well give my full opinion. The only characters that deserve their own theme in my opinion are the characters that kinda seperate themselves from the heroes of the series and don't match the current win theme.

Bowser definitley deserved his own theme but his own icon was a lil extra imo, the current Loz theme kinda suits them all fine except toon link tbh. He's from a whole other timeline that uses a different style of music than from OOT and TP, Zelda and Link are both on the good side and the current win theme is fine. It doesn't sound like a peasent theme if that's what some of you think X).

Ganon is actually on a different side so I could see him with a new win theme but I'm fine if they keep the current one.

King Dedede is a villain but he's not that evil, he's just as playful as Kirby honestly.

Wario's win theme is perfect, NO change is necessary XD

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I'm all for more victory themes. Some thoughts.

Wolf should definitely get some variation of the star wolf theme posted above.

Dedede could get something based off the first few notes from his theme,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHsIOHQmdo0

I also agree that Toon Link should get his own theme since WW had a very different style of music. Not sure what

Mewtwo could get an exert from his theme from the movie. Hell, use the remix made for his PM trailer.
I'm thinking the part from 0.30 to 0.40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJy7xY9HR0Q

Roy could get the Melee variation of the FE victory theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tLgd5oM3s

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for more victory themes. Some thoughts.

Wolf should definitely get some variation of the star wolf theme posted above.

Dedede could get something based off the first few notes from his theme,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHsIOHQmdo0

I also agree that Toon Link should get his own theme since WW had a very different style of music. Not sure what

Mewtwo could get an exert from his theme from the movie. Hell, use the remix made for his PM trailer.
I'm thinking the part from 0.30 to 0.40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJy7xY9HR0Q

Roy could get the Melee variation of the FE victory theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tLgd5oM3s
I agree with everything you said except Roy getting the melee FE victory theme. The Melee and Brawl themes aren't different in the sense that they reperesent different personalities

etit: plus the current victory theme covers all 3 of our FE boys just fine tbh

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I agree with everything you said except Roy getting the melee FE victory theme. The Melee and Brawl themes aren't different in the sense that they reperesent different personalities

etit: plus the current victory them covers all 3 of our FE boys just fine tbh
I'm not really thinking about different personalities. I'm just thinking about something that would work if he got his own theme. More themes in genral would just be cool. Roy is one of the big returning Melee characters, so it would make sense in that way. The themes are also distinct enough.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
Don't forget Diddy :

Ideally, I think Wolf, Mewtwo and Ganondorf are those who are most in need of a unique victory theme. Wolf theme is a given, as well as the aforesaid Mewtwo PM trailer music and the organ improvisation of Ganon in OOT.

Ness/Lucas, Zelda/Sheik or Toon Link would also benefit from new victory themes. I don't think anybody else really needs of such treatment.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Don't forget Diddy :

Ideally, I think Wolf, Mewtwo and Ganondorf are those who are most in need of a unique victory theme. Wolf theme is a given, as well as the aforesaid Mewtwo PM trailer music and the organ improvisation of Ganon in OOT.

Ness/Lucas, Zelda/Sheik or Toon Link would also benefit from new victory themes. I don't think anybody else really needs of such treatment.
If Sheik got one then it should totally be the beginning of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRnH7uMmuu8

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I actually hate Ness's Melee victory theme. Not even sure why people dislike the brawl victory; it's much more fitting for the series.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Guys,

I know Mario's victory is already good...

But what if Luigi got this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKX9V0lAF8w
And I still wish Luigi had a tether/ranged grab implementing the Poltergeist.
And Olimar's down special should have all but one Pikmin jump on anyone within the beep.
This would only make me want an Mario Party 2 Western Luigi alt costume even more.

Also if Ganondorf's gonna get a theme, I think he should have the first few notes of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S4h1gcCMBc

EDIT: HOLD UP I just found an orchestral version of that theme that's perfect for his theme!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-xKPWePgRw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom