• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
The grapple beam attachment being on the Dark Suit but not the Light Suit is an inconsistency though for Echoes.
I was always under the impression that the Light Suit was so advanced, the Beam was just projected from the wrist. The Gravity Boost is somewhat compacted on the back, so why wouldn't the Grapple Beam be made into a more compact system?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I was always under the impression that the Light Suit was so advanced, the Beam was just projected from the wrist. The Gravity Boost is somewhat compacted on the back, so why wouldn't the Grapple Beam be made into a more compact system?
It is more compact, but it is still there.

One minute in during the elevator cutscene you get a good look.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Did it go around the spikes, or just over 'em? I couldn't get a clear view. I love the spikes more than the grapple beam...
This was an awesome design that I will probably miss:

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
https://sketchfab.com/projectmgame

boom.

"Hello everyone, today I'm sharing something that we will start for just a small showcase of our models. Sketchfab is a website where you can upload 3D models for anyone to view. We plan to add every model we have made sometime in the future, but for now enjoy this first batch. I'll be updating the profile whenever I get time, so keep an eye out!"
yooo nano is it just me or are those reworked? they look so niiice holy crap!!!

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
This might seem a bit random, but after looking at a bunch of different Mercenary classes in the Fire Emblem wiki, I think Warrior Ike should get some more aesthetic changes based on the look of some of the Mercs in FE's history, Ike is a mercenary after all.

For example, he could get an oversized badass sheath for his sword.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
damn... one could just dream of the actual game having such graphics!! those models got me completely mesmerized

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
damn... one could just dream of the actual game having such graphics!! those models got me completely mesmerized
Smash 4 project M, it will eventually happen. I will make sure of it.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Thoughts: A while ago I mentioned moving the grapple to Samus' left arm, allowing for different kinds of animations involving the arm cannon. If this idea was implemented, what if they changed one of Samus' throws to reference Metroid Prime 3? or Other M if you're that kind of person. So what if Samus' down-throw was in reference to this, where she puts down her enemy and fires point-blank? And the power of the throw can vary depending on how charged your shot is when fired!
Smash 4 project M, it will eventually happen. I will make sure of it.

JcFerggy

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm the guy from Reddit who made the Green Hill suggestion image. Since the developers said they are open to community feedback, I made another image regarding the Alternate colors for Sonic & Knuckles.

The basic idea came from having 3 costumes already that referenced other Sonic characters, and I wanted to see how I could expand it. The image only shows alternate skin colors, but the idea would also mean adjusting the shoes to match the references character.

Sonic:
Pink - Since I thought of this with Knuckles in mind, I changed the Red team color to pink and based it off of Amy. This would help differentiate it if both a Red Knuckles and Sonic were fighting 1on1 or in a team match.

Green - This is based off of Jet from the Sonic Riders series, who is also the Rival to Sonic. In general I feel like all the alternate colors for Sonic are sorta dark, so the green has been brightened to match.

Purple - I really brightened him up with referencing Fang, who appeared in Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Drift 2, and Sonic the Fighters.

Yellow & Silver - Not shown here, but I feel both these colors are too dark, and don't reflect the color of the original character that is being referenced. Also with my idea for Knuckles, it would be nice to have a brighter Silver color for Sonic.

Knuckles:
Blue - It was tough finding another Blue character that didn't have the iconic Blue of Sonic, but the Wherehog's darker color fit well. The Wherehog was also used in the more fighting centric levels in Sonic Unleashed, and I personally think his shoes are badass.

Green - I wanted to use the Chaotix crew for colors, so Vector was my choice of green. Unfortunately his green was too similar to the one I had for Sonic, so I darkened it up to contrast.

Purple - Espios purple is more of a pink'ish color, but it is a middle ground between Sonic's Red and Purple. The color is also very similar to the Tribal Echidna from Sonic Adventure 1, as can be seen here.

Orange - This was a split idea. I wanted to use Charmy, and he has some cool looking shoes, but he does not really have a body color to speak of. Tikal from Sonic Adventure is also a Echidna, so my idea would be to combine her colors with Charmy's shoes.

Grey - Another character from Riders, Storm is the rival of Knuckles. His Grey would be darker than Silvers, and gives a cool metal looking color, kind of similar to Metal Knuckles from Sonic Advance.

Light Pink - This last color was hard to decide on, but I ended up picking Blaze. The Light Pink is sort of flashy on Knuckles, but it is also very similar to the bright color of Super and Hyper Knuckles.

Costume - I had a few ideas for here; Tribal Knuckles, one of the alternate costumes from Sonic Adventure 2, but I went with Sir Gawain from Sonic and the Black Knight. It gives him a heavier feel, and with the metal gloves for his fist nipples spikes, he would be able to hit hard.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts I had while at work. I'd appreciate an opinion, and I might do another chart some time later.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Hey, I'm the guy from Reddit who made the Green Hill suggestion image. Something Something Jet the Hawk
It's a secret to everyone.
Other than that; Purple Sonic is NiGHTS from NiGHTS into Dreams (Saturn/Wii), I found the shoes for the alt on BrawlVault as well. Even if not 100% official, I'd rather it be NiGHTS than Fang :T

EDIT: LOL I'm 110% on board for Pink Sonic though. Amy Rose Hype Train~

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'm still not on-board with sonic being a walking billboard for all the other characters. Some of their colour schemes and accessories suck (tails).
So what if Samus' down-throw was in reference to this, where she puts down her enemy and fires point-blank? And the power of the throw can vary depending on how charged your shot is when fired!
Totally on-board with this idea though^

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm still not on-board with sonic being a walking billboard for all the other characters. Some of their colour schemes and accessories suck (tails).

Totally on-board with this idea though^
Dawwww, shucks.

Also is that halo in the backgroumd.
Yeah, especially since the Hedgehog that I know very little about has a lot of costume potential that don't involve him sneaking breaking into Vector's/Rose's/whatever's house, stealing their boots, and putting on their contacts.

Vector's moi fav sanic char

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Ey, no dissin' the Tails costume.
It's mostly the ugly dark mustard brawl textures. That and the default brawl yellow is iconic to me.

Also is that halo in the backgroumd.
Yeah, it's from "Card Sagas Wars," the would-be ultimate fighter developed in the MUGEN engine.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
@ JcFerggy JcFerggy @ ChiePet ChiePet I recommend editing out anything that references leaks from your posts. It's not allowed around here.
Check it; Idk what you're talking about, I'm sure I was arguing over Sonic still somehow being slower than boogie-boarding Jet the Hawk and how awful that and Sonic Rivals (ehh 50:50) were even compared to Sonic R.

Also zelda.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Shh no leak talk plz.
Out of respect for PMDT if anything.
This thread is an escape for the artistic type of smasher.
Don't kill the oasis. ;-;
not like they killed the CE Thread...

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Well, since Boozer's getting a new icon, I'm backing the idea that the other game franchise bad guys should get their own icons for consistency.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'm personally not a fan of giving people new icons, but I'm letting Bowser slide because his insignia is very iconic and familiar.

The Gerudo symbol is obscure and I feel like limiting most everyone to their series logo is the best way to go.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I wish R.O.B's default palette would depend on the version of Project M; the Japanese or American one.

Project M is available in the Japanese region, right?
Poor PAL brothers...

It's mostly the ugly dark mustard brawl textures. That and the default brawl yellow is iconic to me.
You mean the one with the rings? Same here, they should bring it back.

Yeah, it's from "Card Sagas Wars," the would-be ultimate fighter developed in the MUGEN engine.
HOW IS THAT PRONOUNCED.
I'm personally not a fan of giving people new icons, but I'm letting Bowser slide because his insignia is very iconic and familiar.

The Gerudo symbol is obscure and I feel like limiting most everyone to their series logo is the best way to go.
Here, here! Giving characters unique themes is one thing, but their own icons?! That's just weird.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I wish R.O.B's default palette would depend on the version of Project M; the Japanese or American one.

Project M is available in the Japanese region, right?
Poor PAL brothers...
Yeah I think PM has a NTSC-J version. But ew no, the less I have to look at boring grey R.O.B. the better.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yeah I think PM has a NTSC-J version. But ew no, the less I have to look at boring grey R.O.B. the better.
GASP!!

...But he's American...

I actually have a genuine R.O.B in grey! Got it at a yard sale for five dollars! I think it's a clever move on Sakurai's part in Smash 4, and the inconsistency between the default palettes from Brawl/Project M to Smash 4 bothers me, hehe.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace

I'm not even big on Bowser getting one since emblems are meant to rep series. Bowser doesn't have his own series, so he should stick with the mushroom.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I do like that Bowser has his own victory theme, but if it's going to be like that then the other Mario characters should have similar flux in themes. Like why does Bowser get special treatment? He hasn't even had his own game yet!

Even though I do like what they've done haha

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I do like that Bowser has his own victory theme, but if it's going to be like that then the other Mario characters should have similar flux in themes. Like why does Bowser get special treatment? He hasn't even had his own game yet!
Because the regular Mario victory theme doesn't fit him at all. Even Sakurai noticed and changed it in Smash 4.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman

Even though I do like what they've done haha
He gets his own theme because the normal one doesn't match him like SG9000 said and he doesn't even hang out with the mario crew anyway. He's part of the main cast of the mario series but he's the villain so he's seperate from Mario, Luigi and Peach.

Oh and Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story says hello XD lol

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Mario Party 10 is basically Bowser's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom