• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I like the charge shot as it is right now because it's super easy to calculate its size and predict where it'll hit, unlike in the Fourth Smash.

It is pretty bland though.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I like the Charge shot as it is too, but I wouldn't mind if the size didn't increase as dramatically as it does currently. It would be much cooler if it stayed about the same size as it does in her games.
Of course, I know that couldn't happen, because the Charge Blast is already huge and already has a huge hitbox, and making the shot smaller would change up her playstyle quite a bit, etc..

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

with the wide beam, the chargeshot is as big as it is in PM anyway.
It's just that its in 3 parts in the games.

Looks like i cant really do it though, the texture in Brawlbox is a quarter circle, it just repeats it to fill the circle.
Re-colour is the best i could do, instead of making a different shape.

someone with better talents *cough* could do it.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
You genius. I'm also part of the opinion that it's much easier to just model something than to sketch it out, haha.

Is the Super Koopa from anything? The Bonzai Bill was a great idea, since it's in the Melee Peach's castle. Pretty cool that you considered using the Melee Peach's castle too. It's a bad idea, as seen in the gif, but if you didn't demonstrate it, I would've suggested it, haha. You said it's happy and cheery, but are you at all concerned about it fitting in Brawl's desaturated realistic styling?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I wonder why they never released the Ike Climber or Slippy models for personal use.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Super cool stuff. Yeah, funny how 3D is sometimes easier than just sketching things out.
I wonder why they never released the Ike Climber or Slippy models for personal use.
Pretty sure Slippy's been on the vault forever.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31078

Last edited:

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice

That question comes up fairly often, and... well... Brawl runs through a boat load of styles. As long as the characters look like they belong in that environment then it works out pretty well. That's typically accomplished through lighting and character shadows though oddly enough.

*This post was meant as a joke, not as an attack on @ Nefnoj Nefnoj

Also, super koopa is just from Super Mario World. I haven't seen a Super Mario World styled one in 3D so I made him and wanted to include him in the stage. The hills in the background and the moon 3-up were mostly a nod to Super Mario World, and so I figured a few super koopas swooping through the background would look nice. :)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

That question comes up fairly often, and... well... Brawl runs through a boat load of styles. As long as the characters look like they belong in that environment then it works out pretty well. That's typically accomplished through lighting and character shadows though oddly enough.

*This post was meant as a joke, not as an attack on my dear sweet @ Nefnoj Nefnoj

Also, super koopa is just from Super Mario World. I haven't seen a Super Mario World styled one in 3D so I made him and wanted to include him in the stage. The hills in the background and the moon 3-up were mostly a nod to Super Mario World, and so I figured a few super koopas swooping through the background would look nice. :)
Don't worry Llama Juice, I love you too much to think you could attack me, haha! Forgot about Super Mario World, too bad it's too laggy.

Though if you asked Shin F. Shin F. , he may not necessarily agree on the visual styling, haha. Pac-Land.
I guess the style of the characters is more strict than that of the stages.

Last edited:

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
Pac Land isn't an argument about style, it's an argument about taste. That stage is just plain ugly.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Don't worry Llama Juice, I love you too much to think you could attack me, haha! Forgot about Super Mario World, too bad it's too laggy.

Though if you asked Shin F. Shin F. , he may not necessarily agree on the visual styling, haha. Pac-Land.
I guess the style of the characters is more strict than that of the stages.
As long as the stage has a fair bit of detail in it, it's generally fine. It doesn't need to be a perfect match stylistically. Take Pirate Ship, for instance. It looks great even though it's stylistically very different than, say, Hyrule Castle. It's just when a stage looks like it hopped right out of MS Paint or an NES that it grinds the gears a bit. The difference in looks are too drastic.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Pac Land isn't an argument about style, it's an argument about taste. That stage is just plain ugly.
As long as the stage has a fair bit of detail in it, it's generally fine. It doesn't need to be a perfect match stylistically. Take Pirate Ship, for instance. It looks great even though it's stylistically very different than, say, Hyrule Castle. It's just when a stage looks like it hopped right out of MS Paint or an NES that it grinds the gears a bit. The difference in looks are too drastic.
Ahem. AHEM. PAC-LAND IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL STAGE IN ALL OF SMASH HISTORY. I MEAN, LOOK AT THIS BEAUTI- uhh......... ok it's pretty ugly

SJS

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSamus
Glad you guys like the new Fusion Suit! It was quite enjoyable collaborating with StarWaffle again. For those of you yearning for the three suit upgrade colors, I have them made and ready to post to BrawlVault once 3.6 launches.

Narpas_sword

Glad you guys like the new Fusion Suit! It was quite enjoyable collaborating with StarWaffle again. For those of you yearning for the three suit upgrade colors, I have them made and ready to post to BrawlVault once 3.6 launches.
Nice, that saves me doing it again. =)
Was about to package the ones ive done and put on brawlvault, but won't bother now.

blue cps courtesy of @Luddoj, thanks for letting me recolour it =)

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

*This post was meant as a joke, not as an attack on @ Nefnoj Nefnoj

tbh, that's actually a notable criticism from brawl, styles are super inconsistent compared to melee and SSB4, lots of clashing

but most stages you see in project m all hold a more consistent, cartoony style beyond maybe battlefield, so it works out

(pls make a PM exclusive battlefield design)

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Soooooo someone made this:

It has physics. Of course it has a custom boneset (uses Snake's headband bones AFAIK), but would something like this cause desync? I never got netplay to work on Dolphin so I can't test it.

pls PMDT

The download is here.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Soooooo someone made this:

It has physics. Of course it has a custom boneset (uses Snake's headband bones AFAIK), but would something like this cause desync? I never got netplay to work on Dolphin so I can't test it.

pls PMDT

The download is here.
I saw that earlier. Didn't bring it up since, yeah, custom bonesets can cause issues like desynchs.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I saw that earlier. Didn't bring it up since, yeah, custom bonesets can cause issues like desynchs.
But aren't desyncs caused by two players having different models with custom bonesets or PSA or stages with different collisions? If both players had the same costume even if it had custom bones it shouldn't desync.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
But aren't desyncs caused by two players having different models with custom bonesets or PSA or stages with different collisions? If both players had the same costume even if it had custom bones it shouldn't desync.
Correct, but desynchs aren't really the big issue. I only used that one specifically since that's the one you were asking about. :p Custom bonesets, depending on where the bones are placed in the skeleton, can also cause issues with hitboxes, hurtboxes, and item usage. Although, if the bones are added to the end, then it might just work. Hmm, I'll have to take a look at that Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Correct, but desynchs aren't really the big issue. I only used that one specifically since that's the one you were asking about. :p Custom bonesets, depending on where the bones are placed in the skeleton, can also cause issues with hitboxes, hurtboxes, and item usage. Although, if the bones are added to the end, then it might just work. Hmm, I'll have to take a look at that Jigglypuff.
I was going to say what you just added into you reply. Moving bones around, rotating them and getting rid of them would of course affect all that, but just adding extra bones and applying them Havok physics shouldn't cause any problems.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I was going to say what you just added into you reply. Moving bones around, rotating them and getting rid of them would of course affect all that, but just adding extra bones and applying them Havok physics shouldn't cause any problems.
No, adding bones would definitely cause problems still. It would change the index of all the bones after it, which is what hurtboxes, hitboxes and item holding are assigned to.

Interestingly, though, the Jigglypuff actually loaded up a different model for the headband instead of attaching it to the original, so its boneset is separate from hers. Hmm. Should work, actually.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
No, adding bones would definitely cause problems still. It would change the index of all the bones after it, which is what hurtboxes, hitboxes and item holding are assigned to.
What if the added bones would be the last ones in the index though? I don't think not having the ThrownN as the last bone would cause any issues as long as its number doesn't change, and as far as I know the animations use bones' names instead of their index numbers. I've never done any of this so I could be completely wrong.

Interestingly, though, the Jigglypuff actually loaded up a different model for the headband instead of attaching it to the original, so its boneset is separate from hers. Hmm. Should work, actually.
That's very cool. Then I guess other characters could get other similar things with that method, like a cape or a scarf?

@ Nanobuds Nanobuds cape for Bowser pls

Shin F.

Smash Master
What if the added bones would be the last ones in the index though? I don't think not having the ThrownN as the last bone would cause any issues as long as its number doesn't change, and as far as I know the animations use bones' names instead of their index numbers. I've never done any of this so I could be completely wrong.
The problem there comes into play when animating, mostly. Say you've added a tassel to Pit's wing. Why you'd do that, I have no idea, but let's say you did. It needs bones to animate properly. The problem is, you'd have to either: A) Add its bones to his wing bones and get the above problems or B) add it to the end of his skeleton, and then manually animate it in every animation so that it follows his wing at all times. That's the advantage of having bones parented to the place they belong on the model. They'll automatically follow their parent, which saves a lot of effort in animating them.

Which is why I said it might just work for Jigglypuff. She's basically a big, walking head anyways, and the headband's not attached to a limb that it has to follow or anything like that.
That's very cool. Then I guess other characters could get other similar things with that method, like a cape or a scarf?

@ Nanobuds Nanobuds cape for Bowser pls
Maybe... I dunno, because I've never seen it done before. Theoretically, I suppose it could work. Although Bowser's hunched over posture might mean the cape would just fall right through him.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
It was just a silly suggestion, but maybe the physics could be edited so that doesn't happen. Ganon's cape for example reacts to the stage collisions. It's very easy to see that with FoD's platforms when they are very low to the ground.

I feel like the physics is one of the things that aren't explored a lot in Brawl hacking.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
https://sketchfab.com/projectmgame

boom.

"Hello everyone, today I'm sharing something that we will start for just a small showcase of our models. Sketchfab is a website where you can upload 3D models for anyone to view. We plan to add every model we have made sometime in the future, but for now enjoy this first batch. I'll be updating the profile whenever I get time, so keep an eye out!"

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master

boom.

"Hello everyone, today I'm sharing something that we will start for just a small showcase of our models. Sketchfab is a website where you can upload 3D models for anyone to view. We plan to add every model we have made sometime in the future, but for now enjoy this first batch. I'll be updating the profile whenever I get time, so keep an eye out!"
Never heard of this site before. Pretty cool stuff!

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas

boom.

YAAAASSSS!!! I've been on that site for a little, and it has a lot of really cool model peeps on there. CANT WAIT FOR MORRREEEEEE

PoTheDragonSlayer

Smash Cadet

boom.

these are awesome! Seeing the models close up like this really shows how much love and effort were put into them!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
The grapple beam attachment being on the Dark Suit but not the Light Suit is an inconsistency though for Echoes.
By jove! I looked at the model and you're right! It has a first person grapple thingy though in Echoes, though it's just a tiny little pointy thing, like a backwards spike. If they gave Samus grapple beam attachment, I hope it varies depending on the costume, with each one having a style to correspond. Good luck finding one for the Fusion Suit though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom