• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodo

Smash Ace
i rather it being one alt per stage and if they find of way of adding new stages then do that than having a bunch of alts for one stage, even if they dont find a way of adding new stage slot id still rather it stay the way it is, with 1 alt per stage

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
What do people think of the way that the stages are sorted?
i rather it being one alt per stage and if they find of way of adding new stages then do that than having a bunch of alts for one stage, even if they dont find a way of adding new stage slot id still rather it stay the way it is, with 1 alt per stage
Agreed, it'd be super overwhelming and inconvenient. Unless if they did things like seasonal stages like for Smashville or Distant Planet or something, purely cosmetic and random.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
What do people think of the way that the stages are sorted?

Agreed, it'd be super overwhelming and inconvenient. Unless if they did things like seasonal stages like for Smashville or Distant Planet or something, purely cosmetic and random.
Like Hold Y for Rain, X for Snow, that kind thing? Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. I always liked rainy stages.

Hmm, maybe they could have actual alternate stages (Delphino's Secret / Plaza, things like that) on L and retro stages on R.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Like Hold Y for Rain, X for Snow, that kind thing? Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. I always liked rainy stages.

Hmm, maybe they could have actual alternate stages (Delphino's Secret / Plaza, things like that) on L and retro stages on R.
Actually, I was thinking just a random chance on selection, or better yet, something in Project M that detected time and changed the stage accordingly, but sure, that too.

Exodo

Smash Ace
hmmm id rather have 3.6 and play in dem sweet Delfino Secret and Bowser Castle!!!

seriously, the hype is driving me crazy!!!! i want it nowwowowowowowowowowowowowow:cry:

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I like having the OG 64 stages as Alts. It feels right, and pleases people who prefer the originals.

I trust that the PMDT will choose Alts that pertain to the stage they're alts of.

Oh look, Yoshi's Story's Alternate Stage is Wrestlemania Slam Wagon, neat.

I'm hype for Alt Stages. I hope we don't get Brawl Final Destination. That would be a waste, considering the obvious option is right in front of us all.

Viewer discretion is advised.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=4064

COME FORTH @ wiiztec wiiztec ! SHOW THESE ******** WHY YOU REALLY JOINED THE PMDT!

:troll:

Last edited:

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
hmmm id rather have 3.6 and play in dem sweet Delfino Secret and Bowser Castle!!!

seriously, the hype is driving me crazy!!!! i want it nowwowowowowowowowowowowowow:cry:
The Dev version has been at 17500 all day. In the last couple of hours it's risen by five.
It could mean nothing, just that they're getting closer, but still it's nice to know. Funny, before the trailer for 3.6 I was looking at the dev version and thought, "The patch will probably come around 500."
EDIT: I also love how the old stages are gonna be the ASL stages for the N64 stages. I was somewhat sad when they replaced them, but I could see how good the new ones looked. Now it's the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Actually, I was thinking just a random chance on selection, or better yet, something in Project M that detected time and changed the stage accordingly, but sure, that too.
Could be troublesome to use them randomly. I've had people complain when I played with them that the rain / snow is too distracting, so it could be bad for competitive matches. They could make it so you hold A for the normal version, but it'd be pretty easy to forget to do that.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Could be troublesome to use them randomly. I've had people complain when I played with them that the rain / snow is too distracting, so it could be bad for competitive matches. They could make it so you hold A for the normal version, but it'd be pretty easy to forget to do that.
Sounds like you play with a bunch of John seeking wusses. :shades:

inb4 I was one of the people that complained.

Exodo

Smash Ace
The Dev version has been at 17500 all day. In the last couple of hours it's risen by five.
It could mean nothing, just that they're getting closer, but still it's nice to know. Funny, before the trailer for 3.6 I was looking at the dev version and thought, "The patch will probably come around 500."
EDIT: I also love how the old stages are gonna be the ASL stages for the N64 stages. I was somewhat sad when they replaced them, but I could see how good the new ones looked. Now it's the best of both worlds.
what is that of the dev version anyway :l i dont really get it, when it goes up it means something was added to the latest version the dev have, or does it reset every new version released and it goes up as a newer one is being worked on?

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
what is that of the dev version anyway :l i dont really get it, when it goes up it means something was added to the latest version the dev have, or does it reset every new version released and it goes up as a newer one is being worked on?
Everytime we edit something in our main file system it gets updated by 1.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

I know the feeling, my child. The day cannot come soon enough... But the wait will be glorious and bloody. We will claim victory in honour, for the glory of our fathers, and the loyalty of our sons. I just hope it's out by the time school gets out (unlike 3.5) so I can rot away my whole summer in Project M. I'll be erasing all my data in its' glory and starting anew with the trophies and challenges (though I wish I had to unlock each character and stage again to overhype the hypenning. Oh well!)
http://imgur.com/a/RW3z9

This is the thing I was talking about.
The most unnecessary changes ever.

Yet THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING ON EARTH. I love it and want to die now. What brought forth the changes, Nanobuds Nanobuds ? Is there a changelog of what exactly was changed? Looks like the hexagons are more WOAH and the visor stands about more, looks like the slits are deeper/pronounced/whatever, is that it?

What is "competitive"? Sounds scary...
Maybe they could only apply the inclement weather in the Brawl Distant Planet, but in the other one, leave all cosmetics as subtlety. For instance, snowing in the foreground in Brawl Distant Planet, while on the Project M one, the snow is resting in the background all pretty happy and silent and stuff whatever I don't even care anymore.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Yet THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING ON EARTH. I love it and want to die now. What brought forth the changes, Nanobuds Nanobuds ?
I'll just copy/paste my reddit post cuz im lazy

Hello everyone. To help you all get ready for whats in store for 3.6, here is something new that we recently got done. The Fusion Suit got an overhaul, thanks to our friend SJS, and StarWaffle. SJS made a brand new texture, while StarWaffle fixed up a fancy new specular map. The first model did indeed have a spec map, however StarWaffle's uses a unique technique to make the scale pattern consistent throughout the model. We hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

it looks awesome =) ill have to recolour them again =p

Also, you'll have to do something about removing the ice effect from fusion suit.
The whole point of the ice missiles is because teh fusion suit cant use the ice beam. =p

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Purrdy. I bet you'll get some bonus love points from the Metroid fans for this. Do you think the scale pattern done on this outfit could be applied to other characters' textures? Like Bowser's skin?
Yes, but it would be too busy and shiny for Bowser.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
The most unnecessary changes ever.

Yet THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING ON EARTH.
Attention to detail is a wonderful thing. The little touches like this are some of my favorite things in PM.

There is one thing though. Her upper torso and arms look very bulky, especially in proportion to her waist. Someone made a similar comment on Reddit. Might be worth another look?

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys just redo draculas castle and distant planet to work with delfino and DP rels or make custom rels or does ASL just support multiple rels for the same stage slot?

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
ASL supports multiple rels for the same stage slot now. You can have different rels for the slot and the alternate stage now. :)

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Metroid bias. I guess we know what the M stands for in Project M. (troll face)

Anyway, I like the idea of having different seasons for Smashville. That's something I wanted when Brawl first came out. Also, I don't mind having more than one alt for a stage, as long as it doesn't get too crazy. I'd be fine with two for certain stages. There's the question of what input would get you the other stage though. R and A is already taken by Giga Bowser.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Guys... I had a Project M dream, turned out a Project M dev lived in my town in a crappy cement shack. He was a stage guy with Espurr as a profile picture... Turns out that 3.6 would feature de_dust from Counter Strike.

Please never actually do that.

Hi Llama Juice.

Last edited:

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom