• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodo

Smash Ace
ill just drop this by again:
such and epic choice for a Roy alt isn't it? it would follow the pattern of the FE reps cosplaying other Lords. Marth=Sigurd Ike=Hector Roy=Leif?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Here's a minor gripe that I have with the stage select screen in regards to ASL. I noticed that while the icons up top do show the picture of the alt stage (which is great) it doesn't show the name of the alt stage. This doesn't seem like as long as it's not impossible for some odd reason. Maybe make the font for the alt stage smaller or something.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
Are capes and other drapeable pieces possible to add to Captain Falcon? It'd be cool to be able to do his disguise from F-Zero GX or downright awesome to get his alter-ego (or descendent) from the future, Phoenix. Maybe they could be not-weird as stiff model pieces if they were adjusted to be more like a short mantle.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Are capes and other drapeable pieces possible to add to Captain Falcon? It'd be cool to be able to do his disguise from F-Zero GX or downright awesome to get his alter-ego (or descendent) from the future, Phoenix. Maybe they could be not-weird as stiff model pieces if they were adjusted to be more like a short mantle.
No. Something about bones. Something about integrity. My boi @ Shin F. Shin F. can probably elaborate.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I honestly doubt it too. With the Project M 3.6 trailer being released, it can be assumed that we are close to release date, so there is no need since we are going to get the game shortly and find out ourselves.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I feel like the release is close, but not thatt close. And i also feel like they have a few other things up their sleeves for us.. but thats just a hunch lol
I suppose we shall see soon enough!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Oh did he? I know he said something along those lines, but im not sure if it meant whatever was in the trailer is the only new stuff. Even if there isnt more art, i feel like theres more stuff we dont know about yet.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Nano's said on more than one occasion that this was just supposed to be a balance / touch-up patch. What we got in the trailer / reddit post showcased near-everything we're to expect.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Oh did he? I know he said something along those lines, but im not sure if it meant whatever was in the trailer is the only new stuff. Even if there isnt more art, i feel like theres more stuff we dont know about yet.
Well we specifically know that there are no more costumes or characters. There might be some ASL stages we don't know about, but that's probably it.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Don't worry, mate. I wish I could've read otherwise as well. :(

But seriously, WHY IS IT NOT IN PROJECT M?! Sure, Spirit Tracks wasn't the best Zelda game, but that outfit.....
Definitely, especially that cap and the sword he had.
:toonlink:
Something that I would love to see that they would probably never do is give the purple, red, and blue Toon Link the Four Sword, though I recall Nanodads saying something to the effect that the team colours will never have a different model or whatever. It'd also be neat if Dark Link's shield and sword were more Lorule inspired: The Triforce could be upside down, and maybe the sword could be the deactivated Master Sword from Wind Waker or whatever.

In my build, the Master sword's blade is darker, the blue bits are purple, and the jewel is red, same with the sheath. I also have the shield use the Majora's Mask rather than the Triforce.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This thread is filled with too many requests as is but something I would like @Nanobuds and the art team to think about hopefully in the future.

The new Bowser emblem and theme make perfect sense for him when you consider that he is NOT a member of the Mushroom Kingdom and has his own empire with its own logo. For other villains like Ganondorf (Triforce emblem) or Dedede (Popstar emblem) those are more general symbols which still represent those characters and series at once.

But what about Wolf? He isn't a member of Team Star Fox so the emblem and victory theme don't represent him as a character at all. If only there were a Team Star Wolf symbol like Fox has on his belt.......

<------ Right here

So a symbol does exist that represents Team Star Wolf! Plus with the fact Wolf has his own classic theme too I think he deserves the Bowser treatment while no other character does.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
This thread is filled with too many requests as is but something I would like @Nanobuds and the art team to think about hopefully in the future.

The new Bowser emblem and theme make perfect sense for him when you consider that he is NOT a member of the Mushroom Kingdom and has his own empire with its own logo. For other villains like Ganondorf (Triforce emblem) or Dedede (Popstar emblem) those are more general symbols which still represent those characters.

But what about Wolf? He isn't a member of Team Star Fox so the emblem and victory theme don't represent him as a character at all. If only there were a Team Star Wolf symbol like Fox has on his belt.......

<------ Right here

So a symbol does exist that represents Team Star Wolf! Plus with the fact Wolf has his own classic theme too I think he deserves the Bowser treatment while no other character does.
The symbols are just meant to represent series, so I'm fine with Wolf and the other villains keeping their emblems. It wasn't necessary for Bowser to get his own either.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I personally feel like they shouldn't make the old versions of HD stages their ASLs. It seems like a waste of slots, and it seems un-uniform if some maps have old versions of the stages while others have completely new stages.

Not to mention, who's going to miss a stage with graphics made for the N64 when we have nice 3D stages?

I think there should just be new stages entirely, or at least take the slot of the old maps, keep the stage layout, and create a whole new area the stage happens at.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I personally feel like they shouldn't make the old versions of HD stages their ASLs. It seems like a waste of slots, and it seems un-uniform if some maps have old versions of the stages while others have completely new stages.
It's not wasting slots if they're literally adding in more stages. Plus, the ASL isn't limited to just one more additional slot. It can accompany up to 26 I believe (one for each letter in the alphabet).
I'm not seeing the un-uniformity. If anything, it's more uniform to allow the remastered stages to get the older designs. Also, which stages are getting "completely new" slots, exactly?

Not to mention, who's going to miss a stage with graphics made for the N64 when we have nice 3D stages?
Plenty of people (myself not included). The stage may look fresh and new, but people are used to the way the old stages looked and functioned.

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
For the official build it makes sense to me to include the original stage as the alt. The only way that an alt is selected is by deliberately selecting it, so it's not like it messes up your random stage selections. It allows us to have the same music for both stages while basically making it very easy for fans to replace the alt with something else if they please. (Or putting the new "HD" version in the alt's slot while putting whatever they want in the main slot.)

Another thing, is that it's just neat to be able to flip back and forth between new and old art. In the Halo 1 and Halo 2 remasters on Xbox you can press the "Back" button on the controller to flip between graphics at any time and see how far we've come over the past XX years. We can't be THAT dynamic with our flipping back and forth, but it is still pretty neat to be able to play on an old stage, then replay the same match on the new graphics or vice versa.

I made two of the HD remakes, and at first I didn't understand keeping the N64 graphics in the game either, but some people are very passionate about wanting to keep those stages in, and we found a way to do so without taking up any extra "real" slots. Basically, we're giving the fans options. Go wild with it.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Me.
The original stages are infinitely more interesting to me because they show off the contrast between the new and old Smash Bros. graphics; I think that's kinda cool. They're also what I grew up with, so I just have a natural preference for them.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
It's not wasting slots if they're literally adding in more stages. Plus, the ASL isn't limited to just one more additional slot. It can accompany up to 26 I believe (one for each letter in the alphabet).
I'm not seeing the un-uniformity. If anything, it's more uniform to allow the remastered stages to get the older designs. Also, which stages are getting "completely new" slots, exactly?
Wait, so if you wanted, you could choose up to 26 Alternate stages in a single Stage selection?

The un-uniformity that I was seeing was that there was all the Classic Stages, and then there Delfino Secret and Delfino Plaza. They're different stages, unlike the HD stages which it's ASLs are the same stage. The classic stages seemed a bit redundant in comparison to the opportunity of making a new stage.

As a fan of Halo, I can relate to the feeling of nostalgia when playing Halo Anniversary too, so I totally understand why some people would be against the idea of getting rid of the old stages, but I was thinking the idea of newer stages would outweigh the nostalgia.

Shin F.

Smash Master
If the PMDT is commited enough, there could be one alternate for each stage, giving 42 alternates.

Also, I'm assuming pre-3.5 Metal Cavern is one of those. Am I correct?
Like Xermo said, there could be up to 26 per stage. 42 stages x 26 variants each is 1,092 in total. In short, there's never a reason to worry about them running out of stage slots. Ever.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
There's plenty of room for alt stages and I doubt that they'll even all be filled, at least not for some time. So I don't think that it's a waste.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Like Xermo said, there could be up to 26 per stage. 42 stages x 26 variants each is 1,092 in total. In short, there's never a reason to worry about them running out of stage slots. Ever.
26 per stage? Oh my god, my mind just exploded because of the possibilities, but I think there will only be a limited number for hackless builds, unless the PMDT finds a way to use it on bigger SD cards.... :(

Shin F.

Smash Master
26 per stage? Oh my god, my mind just exploded because of the possibilities, but I think there will only be a limited number for hackless builds, unless the PMDT finds a way to use it on bigger SD cards.... :(
Well, I mean, you'd obviously never be able to fill every slot because of how much effort it would take to make that many stages, but you'd be surprised how little space stages take up. Most are 3-5 mb I think. That's probably not small enough to fit over 1000 stages plus all the costume and music changes even if you did want to put in that much work, but you could easily fit a few hundred if you were so inclined. I've done so in my own Brawl builds before. I once made a Project M build with a total of 157 alt stages. All together, the stages were only 320 mb. Not even a quarter of a gb.

Not that we should expect that, since it would be an awful lot of work for them to do, but it's technically possible.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm still waiting for my Kingsonnn Dededoo alt.

One more slot, Project M. You know you should do it.
I also wouldn't mind Tock Knock's Quickdraw Dedede but whatevs.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I know this is still unofficial and all, but a big reason for having the retro stages in the game is so the retro costumes from the April Fool's trailer have nice stages to battle on that they feel at home in without the weird contrast between the highly detailed stages and the low polygon aesthetic.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I just remembered that I made a Lorule version of the Hyrule Castle stage, definitely replacing the alt with it. The alt system seems like a perfect fit for the stage.

EDIT: Castle, not temple lol, doesn't mean I can't make one for Hyrule Temple if people want it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom