• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm not a stage guy for the PMDT. I'm a character importer. And even I get hyped just seeing what they have been doing. They have a lot of cool stuff for you in the next patch. Everyday I check our super secret art team base just looking for updates on the stages' progress.

So the controller of hype is even getting hyped.

Get hyped.
You monster you...

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I'm not a stage guy for the PMDT. I'm a character importer. And even I get hyped just seeing what they have been doing. They have a lot of cool stuff for you in the next patch. Everyday I check our super secret art team base just looking for updates on the stages' progress.

So the controller of hype is even getting hyped.

Get hyped.
my hype level.... IS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i actually don't watch dragonball but i'm seriously so freaking hyped right now i might die

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
So which out of the 2 left are you all excited for? I like The possibilities that Saffron City has, And I have a feeling that Red aka the Pokemon Trainer might be in Saffron City.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Well, we could always see some cool stuff in Congo Jungle too. Maybe the Claptraps will return? Maybe some new Kremlings?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I think that in terms of blastzones, platforms and all that the remakes should be just like the originals, but DAMN with Kongo Jungle's main platform being a "soft" one. Since it's impossible to add the barrel I think it should be turned into a "hard" one for the next update.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
That would be really cool having a platform under the stage, although i think it should be soft, mainly to aid a recovery, not hinder it, like Randall.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I think that in terms of blastzones, platforms and all that the remakes should be just like the originals, but DAMN with Kongo Jungle's main platform being a "soft" one. Since it's impossible to add the barrel I think it should be turned into a "hard" one for the next update.
I know what you mean, but then wouldn't the Barrel Cannon lose a lot of functionality? I'd rather just have a platform or something beneath the stage, or make it so you could fall through the soft platform. But even that might be too much of a change for those who enjoy the unique aspects of that stage

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I know what you mean, but then wouldn't the Barrel Cannon lose a lot of functionality? I'd rather just have a platform or something beneath the stage, or make it so you could fall through the soft platform. But even that might be too much of a change for those who enjoy the unique aspects of that stage
Unless I'm missing something, there's no Barrel Cannon in Kongo Jungle for PM because it's impossible to add stage hazards.

Right now the main platform being a soft one just screws up recoveries of characters that rely on grabbing the ledge and gives one hell of an advantage to characters with good air mobility who can poke from below the stage.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm a stage guy for the PMDT. Can confirm that the hype is real.
Dangit stageguy! Not you too! WHY MUST YOU DO THIS?!! I'm fairly positive my heart-rate's permanently increased, I think @ ConDeeCas ConDeeCas is dead now or something, and now I can't see out of my left eye! I BLAME YOU AAAALLL!!
Broad question: Are you taking things said in the stage discussion thread into consideration at all?
I've often wondered the same thing...
So which out of the 2 left are you all excited for? I like The possibilities that Saffron City has, And I have a feeling that Red aka the Pokemon Trainer might be in Saffron City.
ALL MY YES. It'd be neat if he could react to the fighting the same way the Villagers do in Smashville. Or maybe each fighter gets a Pokémon trainer in the background to cheer them on, so only four.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Unless I'm missing something, there's no Barrel Cannon in Kongo Jungle for PM because it's impossible to add stage hazards.

Right now the main platform being a soft one just screws up recoveries of characters that rely on grabbing the ledge and gives one hell of an advantage to characters with good air mobility who can poke from below the stage.
ME:

Jesus I am dumb. I just played on that stage. In that case neglect parts of what I said haha, but it still might be an issue with canonfans.

I do stand by the point the if you could fall through the main platform that could be an interesting aspect, possibly with combined below platforms mentioned earlier. It'd kind of be like an inverse Battlefield. In either case though, I'm not sure if my tentative solution solves the problem of sharking you so mentioned. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
it's impossible to add stage hazards.
YET.

Someday, before we die, the Project M team will learn all the secrets of Smash, adding every hazard imaginable. Smash Bros. will become, not fighter vs. fighter, but fighters vs. stage. Everyone will bleed, suffer, and die. It will be powerful. It will be glorious.

In all seriousness, I do think they'll figure it out how to get resources from the Subspace someday before we die. I wonder if it's possible to use the hazards from the Stage Builder, such as the spikes or drop block.

But still, no matter what the Project M team throws at me, I'll fall in love with it. If they make a dishwasher playable, heck, I'd use it as my main from then on!

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
ME:

Jesus I am dumb. I just played on that stage. In that case neglect parts of what I said haha, but it still might be an issue with canonfans.

I do stand by the point the if you could fall through the main platform that could be an interesting aspect, possibly with combined below platforms mentioned earlier. It'd kind of be like an inverse Battlefield. In either case though, I'm not sure if my tentative solution solves the problem of sharking you so mentioned. Thoughts?
That would make the stage even more difficult than it already is for characters with not very good air mobility. Kirby would be SO OP there too.

Whenever I play it as Bowser I always feel like I have to be 100x cautious when recovering, and with Ganondorf I can't air flame choke to recover unless I'm at the right distance from the ledge. I just don't see how it adds anything to the gameplay either.

But I feel this should be discussed in the official stage discussion thread instead of here :p

YET.

Someday, before we die, the Project M team will learn all the secrets of Smash, adding every hazard imaginable. Smash Bros. will become, not fighter vs. fighter, but fighters vs. stage. Everyone will bleed, suffer, and die. It will be powerful. It will be glorious.

In all seriousness, I do think they'll figure it out how to get resources from the Subspace someday before we die. I wonder if it's possible to use the hazards from the Stage Builder, such as the spikes or drop block.

But still, no matter what the Project M team throws at me, I'll fall in love with it. If they make a dishwasher playable, heck, I'd use it as my main from then on!
Custom stage hazards and soundbank cloning are the two things I'm dying for the most in Brawl modding, even more than anything related to articles.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I guess even with my hypothetical solution, you could spike people SUPER EARLY if the platform was soft both ways, even with the inclusion of the "below" platforms. I also didn't really consider Kirby being a huge problem, but he would be. And can you imagine Peach? Bahahaha. Good counterpick for Jiggs at the very least (she needs SOMETHING in this game).

I mean maybe it is more suited to stage discussion, but I like talking about it either or, even if we're supposed to be talking about aesthetic changes.

Since stage hazards can't be made, could it be possible for a Pokeball to spawn in the alcove in Saffron City where Pokemon would come out before? Of course it'd have to spawn with it being "activated," by which I mean it would spawn as if it were already thrown. For example, the spawn point would be slightly above the alcove, and when the Pokeball spawned it would immediately get sent downward and open, releasing a random Pokemon. Problems with this though is that legit ANY Pokemon could come out, so you'd have to derandomize it in some way. Moreover, you'd have to limit the size of the Pokemon to come out, as it would obviously look incredibly crappy for a Pokemon to phase through. It's an interesting thought, but probably a coding nightmare.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I guess even with my hypothetical solution, you could spike people SUPER EARLY if the platform was soft both ways, even with the inclusion of the "below" platforms. I also didn't really consider Kirby being a huge problem, but he would be. And can you imagine Peach? Bahahaha. Good counterpick for Jiggs at the very least (she needs SOMETHING in this game).

I mean maybe it is more suited to stage discussion, but I like talking about it either or, even if we're supposed to be talking about aesthetic changes.

Since stage hazards can't be made, could it be possible for a Pokeball to spawn in the alcove in Saffron City where Pokemon would come out before? Of course it'd have to spawn with it being "activated," by which I mean it would spawn as if it were already thrown. For example, the spawn point would be slightly above the alcove, and when the Pokeball spawned it would immediately get sent downward and open, releasing a random Pokemon. Problems with this though is that legit ANY Pokemon could come out, so you'd have to derandomize it in some way. Moreover, you'd have to limit the size of the Pokemon to come out, as it would obviously look incredibly crappy for a Pokemon to phase through. It's an interesting thought, but probably a coding nightmare.
Something I thought of a while ago, since the stages goes over Spear Pillar, edit it so that Dialga, Palkia, and the other one appear, instead of the background, right on the door. But I don't know if it's possible.

What about other aesthetic changes to the other stages? It'd be really neat if a Bonzai Bill would fly by Peach's Castle in the background, since they can't make it a legit hazard.
My thoughts on Aesthetics:
:norfair: It'd be neat if Space Pirates wandered around in that little area in the distant background.
:warioware: I would like the background to change to microgamesv occasionally, without the stage changing at all. Personally, I miss the microgames, at the very least, they deserve a visual reference.
:rumblefalls:You know that cave that the stage passes? It'd be cool if there was a Donkey Kong Country character sleeping there or something.
:skyworld:It'd be cool if those dwarf angel things flew around occasionally.
:delfino:I miss the statue, cannon, and other aesthetics, though they'd probably be hard to do within the hardware limits.
:halberd:Kirby enemies operating the cannon. BAM.
:flatzone2:I would like a reference or two to the Melee Flatzone.
Yoshi's Island (SSBB) - I just don't like this stage. Maybe a 3D remodel or some background aesthetics would be nice. Oh well!
Onett - There's so much potential with background characters. I would love to see some hippies, dogs, or gangsters running around.
Brinstar - A change I want more than anything is a redesign to make it similar to Brinstar. Meaning Ridley flying in the background, the occasional enemy, that weird block platform on the right, and maybe the whole stage should be bigger and more vertical. Without removal of the acid, of course. Can they make the acid use the green fire element?
I had a really great idea I wanted to put here, but I forgot it. Here's Ivysaur instead.
:ivysaur:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I love these little Melee callbacks haha.

I'd also like to see the return of microgames, or even just the face on the elevator changing to WarioWare characters. You could show the microgame being completed/failed automatically, and the corresponding face would be shown. The stage seems to reference the DS WarioWare, so there's a lot to draw from that.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Something I thought of a while ago, since the stages goes over Spear Pillar, edit it so that Dialga, Palkia, and the other one appear, instead of the background, right on the door. But I don't know if it's possible.

What about other aesthetic changes to the other stages? It'd be really neat if a Bonzai Bill would fly by Peach's Castle in the background, since they can't make it a legit hazard.
My thoughts on Aesthetics:
:norfair: It'd be neat if Space Pirates wandered around in that little area in the distant background.
:warioware: I would like the background to change to microgamesv occasionally, without the stage changing at all. Personally, I miss the microgames, at the very least, they deserve a visual reference.
:rumblefalls:You know that cave that the stage passes? It'd be cool if there was a Donkey Kong Country character sleeping there or something.
:skyworld:It'd be cool if those dwarf angel things flew around occasionally.
:delfino:I miss the statue, cannon, and other aesthetics, though they'd probably be hard to do within the hardware limits.
:halberd:Kirby enemies operating the cannon. BAM.
:flatzone2:I would like a reference or two to the Melee Flatzone.
Yoshi's Island (SSBB) - I just don't like this stage. Maybe a 3D remodel or some background aesthetics would be nice. Oh well!
Onett - There's so much potential with background characters. I would love to see some hippies, dogs, or gangsters running around.
Brinstar - A change I want more than anything is a redesign to make it similar to Brinstar. Meaning Ridley flying in the background, the occasional enemy, that weird block platform on the right, and maybe the whole stage should be bigger and more vertical. Without removal of the acid, of course. Can they make the acid use the green fire element?
I had a really great idea I wanted to put here, but I forgot it. Here's Ivysaur instead.
:ivysaur:
I really like the idea of Space Pirates and other stuff in the background..

You could also have the Meta Knights show up in the background for Halberd!

And I hope for Saffron City that they bring back all the background Flying Pokemon! Maybe since there wasn't one in the original stage.. There could be a HYPE HO-OH!! :D

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I love these little Melee callbacks haha.

I'd also like to see the return of microgames, or even just the face on the elevator changing to WarioWare characters. You could show the microgame being completed/failed automatically, and the corresponding face would be shown. The stage seems to reference the DS WarioWare, so there's a lot to draw from that.
Yeah, I really love the microgames, but I wish they didn't pull out the stage when they activated. Like the four platforms would stay while the microgame would play.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Yeah, I really love the microgames, but I wish they didn't pull out the stage when they activated. Like the four platforms would stay while the microgame would play.
I mean it's completely plausible to have the elevator doors open, and change the graphic of where the doors would open as a background image.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Broad question: Are you taking things said in the stage discussion thread into consideration at all?
I definitely bring stuff up in the Dev Room or in the "secret art team base" about what gets posted there. In fact, it's thanks to you guys that the issue with Hyrule's collisions got noticed and fixed. Even though my updating schedule... leaves a lot to be desired, I do read every single post there. Your guys' feedback is definitely important to us!

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey @ Nanobuds Nanobuds ! I love your username! Will you or another Project M god be releasing Ike Climbers on the Vault? my friend and I were discussing next Halloween, and wanted to go as Fire Emblem characters... And I want to go as Ike Climbers! It'd be easier for me if I could look at the model.
:popo:+:ike:=

I definitely bring stuff up in the Dev Room or in the "secret art team base" about what gets posted there. In fact, it's thanks to you guys that the issue with Hyrule's collisions got noticed and fixed. Even though my updating schedule... leaves a lot to be desired, I do read every single post there. Your guys' feedback is definitely important to us!
GASP!!

YOU READ EVERYTHING?!!

HI SANDFALL!! I LOVE YOU AND WANT TO MARRY YOU!!

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Hey @ Nanobuds Nanobuds ! I love your username! Will you or another Project M god be releasing Ike Climbers on the Vault? my friend and I were discussing next Halloween, and wanted to go as Fire Emblem characters... And I want to go as Ike Climbers! It'd be easier for me if I could look at the model.
:popo:+:ike:=
I dunno. I actually had nothing to do with the Ike Climbers. Idk where the files even are haha

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
Now that we have a Ryu costume for Lucario, is there any chance we could get a Ken costume for Shiny Lucario? A Gi-cario based on Dan or Akuma (or maybe Sean) would be cool to see.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
A lot of people were wanting Ivysaur to get a mage costume, given that Charizard has a "knight" costume, and Squirtle has a "rogue" costume... I feel like Jigglypuff is more magical though, and her fairy costume should be the closest thing. Bwop bwop bwop.
It isn't a Ryu costume!

They'll never stop. It's all hopeless, we all know they'll continue to think it's Ryu. THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO!! :(
I was checking the wiki, is Shinobi Squirtle based on the Ninja Boy at all? It's not as iconic a trainer, BUT THE COSTUME HAS TO BE BASED ON SOMETHING!!
I dunno. I actually had nothing to do with the Ike Climbers. Idk where the files even are haha
FIND THE GOD WHO DID IT, AND WE WILL PRAISE HIM, THERE WILL BE GLORY, POWER, AND BLOOOOD!!
:substitute:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
If Ivysaur was to receive an alternate costume, I'd hope it'd be a nod to Erika, but I don't think it needs one.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
If Ivysaur was to receive an alternate costume, I'd hope it'd be a nod to Erika, but I don't think it needs one.
As much as I would love to disagree with you... You may be right, Ivysaur's palette swaps are the coolest in the game. That white and blue one... So hawt.
Except the mushroomified/zombie Ivysaur I mentioned earlier in reference to Paras and Parasect.
:047:+:002:=
or

It's probably the only way they could get it to work easily with Ivysaur's weird skeleton, all those leafy bits and buddy bits, while being something potentially canon, since the fungus on the back of paras is akin to a certain zombifying fungus.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I don't really see how an Erika costume would work for Ivysaur.. Her only iconic headwear is a headband.. I still want a Garden Hat/Gardener Ivysaur.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I don't really see how an Erika costume would work for Ivysaur.. Her only iconic headwear is a headband.. I still want a Garden Hat/Gardener Ivysaur.
To be honest, I don't see how any alt. would work for her and that's why I don't want one.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Does Ness have any sort of sounds for when he pulls off a string of hits in fights in Earthbound? Like Lucas with the guitar twangs?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Does Ness have any sort of sounds for when he pulls off a string of hits in fights in Earthbound? Like Lucas with the guitar twangs?
The ability to do a string of hits was a Mother 3 feature. It wasn't in Earthbound. There is a sound from critical hits that might be a good fit for when he sweetspots his bat, but the one he already has for that is fine as is.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
The ability to do a string of hits was a Mother 3 feature. It wasn't in Earthbound. There is a sound from critical hits that might be a good fit for when he sweetspots his bat, but the one he already has for that is fine as is.
WHEN HIS BAT SWEETSPOTS.
IT SHOULD

I made a little crappily photoshopped concept art for Fungasaur:

It uses shelf shrooms for leaves, it could be team coloured, using similar textures to the default Brawl textures that look really unhealthy. The Green team colour scheme could be based on Shroomish/Breloom, the latter of which also has shelf shrooms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom