• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Spoilers are your friend. Anyway, that's a lengthy list for one costume. Toon Link is fine as he is. He has decent recolors and a good Alt Costume. Also, Toon Link should probably stay from his most popular game. I don't mind the Idea, it's really good. It's very lengthy though for one character.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
The FLUDD needs to be back. smash taunt, win pose, whatever, but it needs to be back.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
i wonder if there could be any way to give oot ganondorf sfx from melee

i miss the confident evil laugh he had, as opposed to this sickly sounding one
While I do miss how badass his yell was for Warlock Punch, I don't think that's gonna change. He's supposed to sound how he does ingame because his final form is the form of a boar-demon thing.

Spoilers are your friend. Anyway, that's a lengthy list for one costume. Toon Link is fine as he is. He has decent recolors and a good Alt Costume. Also, Toon Link should probably stay from his most popular game. I don't mind the Idea, it's really good. It's very lengthy though for one character.
Sorry I filled up a page when nobody else was posting anything

Sonic's black color got turned into a Shadow cosplay, why not make Tink's Classic skin even more of a homage to the original games?

Odds are though, a lot of that stuff probably won't be changed in PM. It was just a cool idea I got from viewing the Classic Zelda Hyrule Warriors DLC items.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Fair enough on the spoiler thing. I think if they retextured the shield for the classic costume and the four swords costumes that would be good. the scabbard thing would be kinda cool. The rest seems extraneous though. I guess they would be good semi alts.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Yeah, the Bow and Arrow thing for Classic Tink wouldn't really be necessary, but I added it so that he'd have a full classic arsenal, instead of just a few items that are classic, and a few that are just his regular Wind Waker items. Gotta make things consistent.

Now that makes me wonder if Tink's bomb explosion graphics could be replaced with different graphics for a single costume.. Because having classic bombs that explode in a mass of pixels would be awesome too.

The Magical Boomerang must be added though. The color would be way nicer to look at then the yellow-ish green blob it is today.

Now one thing I can't decide on is which original Legend of Zelda sword could be used as a recolor for Tink. The original 'It's dangerous to go alone. Take this!" Wooden sword, the White sword, or the Magic sword.

And finally, just for fun, there should be a Giga Bowser-like input for the regular Toon Link that makes him spawn with the Phantom Sword instead of the Master Sword.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Yeah, the Bow and Arrow thing for Classic Tink wouldn't really be necessary, but I added it so that he'd have a full classic arsenal, instead of just a few items that are classic, and a few that are just his regular Wind Waker items. Gotta make things consistent.

Now that makes me wonder if Tink's bomb explosion graphics could be replaced with different graphics for a single costume.. Because having classic bombs that explode in a mass of pixels would be awesome too.

The Magical Boomerang must be added though. The color would be way nicer to look at then the yellow-ish green blob it is today.

Now one thing I can't decide on is which original Legend of Zelda sword could be used as a recolor for Tink. The original 'It's dangerous to go alone. Take this!" Wooden sword, the White sword, or the Magic sword.

And finally, just for fun, there should be a Giga Bowser-like input for the regular Toon Link that makes him spawn with the Phantom Sword instead of the Master Sword.
Bomb explosions? Maybe, since its a GFX.

His other tools? Not possible. They are shared through their moveset, and not in an individual costume.

His sword and shield are the only unique pieces of equipment TL can have. But we can't toggle which sword he gets either.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Dangit. Well, the old Wooden sword and magical shield from the original could still be put on that Tink palette. I'd like to see that.

If the sword and Shield can be recolored to match Dark Tink's clothes, that would be awesome too.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I made a post about this a while back, but I realized something awesome while flipping through character costumes.

I'm in favor of having as many team alts as possible. For example, Pajama Ness getting a red and green alt for teams made me hype as all hell, same as armor Ike and Sigurd Marth. I was bummed to find that BetaKnight didn't get a green or blue iteration, same with Masked Man Lucas (and I guess cartoon Pit but not really) getting team colors. I thought about Retro Falcon in the same way and thought "aw man, there aren't enough slots left. Bummer, dude."

I realized a few days ago that if his current Retro suit were used as the blue costume that there are enough slots for a red and green iteration.

tl;dr RED RETRO FALCON PLS

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
http://www.mariowiki.com/Simian_Slam
I don't know why DK doesn't have the ability to do this in mid-air for his Down-B yet.
It'd be leagues better than the Sm4sh aerial down-b, I tell ya hwhat.

He really ought to get something though.

I feel like there's another character with a move that does something on the ground but does nothing in the air like DK and I can't for the life of me remember who, but that character should get an aerial down-b too.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I have no idea, but after doing a bit more searching, I found this video and realized this game has a lot of stuff in it that DK could use in a Smash game as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-drBrCVJg
I'd love to have that kind of jab attack on DK. If it can stun another gorilla, imagine what it could do to a person. His fighter-style duck could be a new side-step.
His victory howl could be used in PM too.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Crap! People started commenting and I stopped getting notifications!

I had a VERY HARD AND NEAR IMPOSSIBLE IDEA!! One of Jigglypuff's victory animations should be a song! Instead of clapping, everyone should fall asleep. Bang.
i wonder if there could be any way to give oot ganondorf sfx from melee

i miss the confident evil laugh he had, as opposed to this sickly sounding one
It is possible! Someone on the vault did it!

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I feel like there's another character with a move that does something on the ground but does nothing in the air like DK and I can't for the life of me remember who, but that character should get an aerial down-b too.
Peach.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
What would she do though in mid-air?

I guess she could Ground Pound as well..
Idea: If she's holding an item at the time, she does a downward throw with extra power.
If not, she throws a turnip, pulls it out, OR does a move akin to Villager's Down-A, but instead of being clusters of one-to-three randomly, it's instead, one of the turnip faces.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I guess, but I think Peach could benefit from having a Ground Pound move, it could be useful for quick descents and better positioning.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I guess, but I think Peach could benefit from having a Ground Pound move, it could be useful for quick descents and better positioning.
Now that I think about it, it's a great idea... But only if she did it with a turnip. Haha!
Maybe they should change Donkey Kong's Aerial Down-Special to the same, he had a ground-pound in Donkey Kong 64.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Yeah, I pointed that out earlier. DK also needs a hard-hitting jab attack based off his attacks in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

I wonder if @Gimpyfish is going to ever find a way to make Kirby use Shadow Ball when he copies Mewtwo in the future..

And lastly, I think Ness and Lucas should have their Red color palettes swapped around. Lucas' isn't based on anything, and if given a hat on Ness would look pretty cool since it has a different stripe size compared to the rest of his shirts.
And Ness' red palette is based off of Fuel's clothes - a Mother 3 character.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I wonder if @Gimpyfish is going to ever find a way to make Kirby use Shadow Ball when he copies Mewtwo in the future..
Aw, man, I'd rather not, I LOVE how Kirby uses disable. I know it's not traditional, but I don't mind at all the change! Heck, it'd be neat if they did it with more characters! I wonder what it'd be like if Kirby used Ivysaur's Down-Special instead of the one-time-use solar beam...

Never mind that, though it'd be less terrifying, it'd also be less awesome.
...Though less buggy for the CPU...
And lastly, I think Ness and Lucas should have their Red color palettes swapped around. Lucas' isn't based on anything, and if given a hat on Ness would look pretty cool since it has a different stripe size compared to the rest of his shirts.
And Ness' red palette is based off of Fuel's clothes - a Mother 3 character.
I love this idea. Except instead of switching Lucas' palette swap, he should get something new as a replacement.. Maybe something in reference to Ninten?

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I was thinking if that wasn't a popular idea for Ness, he could get some clothes that resemble Loid from Mother 1.

..But I'm holding onto hope that Ninten gets added to PM in the future, so Ninten could get these clothes as an alt. Hence why I suggested just swapping his red with Lucas.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
The FLUDD needs to be back. smash taunt, win pose, whatever, but it needs to be back.
What if he had a Smash Taunt that added it, sunglasses, and maybe his Shine Sprite Hawaiian shirt even though it'd have to fit the Doc too and could look weird? Maybe the taunt itself would consist of the "Shine Get" spin-thing he does.
Though if they added a Smash Taunt, they should make it the spin-fall-die one that they replaced, in addition to the Shine Get.
That's partially why I want them to bring back Doctor Mario as a character, haha.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I think more characters need Smash taunts. Like Marth could use his unused voice clip, the "Let's Dance" one in a smash taunt.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So this is what starting hype feels like.

I wonder which Spacie could use Fox's old Fair, UTilt, and BThrow from Smash 64 in Project M..
And can we replace Fox's Orange color with this? Or would people get upset..

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
eh, the clothing is already a reference to the Japanese clothes, plus it fits better for the red team. But I agree with the moves. I think there needs to be more things that differentiate Fox from Falco besides their characters, taunts, run animation, jab, and lasers. To make it look like Fox and Falco actually play differently. Also, posting from the mobile device is weird. :p sorry for the weird post if anyone saw.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Bah.
And I was thinking Falco could get his Classic Red recolor based off Peppy's jumpsuit color, and maybe a Slippy recolor for Blue.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I'm not a stage guy for the PMDT. I'm a character importer. And even I get hyped just seeing what they have been doing. They have a lot of cool stuff for you in the next patch. Everyday I check our super secret art team base just looking for updates on the stages' progress.

So the controller of hype is even getting hyped.

Get hyped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom