• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Also for that wedding Peach, that victory pose for Oh did I win? would look so nice with a bouquet in her hands. I just thought of something though, would her veil just be on her head or attached to the crown? The reason I ask is because removing the crown entirely messes with how her Fair looks like.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Its not really an art thing, but what if Link got some new animations based off his moves in Soul Caliber II?
Or if Young Link were to return, I'd be more than fine with him getting SC Link's moveset. Pegasus Dash, unf.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yeah, that was what I thought that would make bringing the old animation back difficult. I can't see how they could give more vertical reach to a stab.
That's what I was wondering. Since the hurty bits are at the tip of the blade, rather than the midsection like roy's.
Oh. Yeah bringing just that back would be cool, but still, the semi-clone should get a new animation before the character it's based off of.
One of the side-specials? It's actually way cooler, he tilts his blade and it BURNS. It's my favourite.
Besides, doesn't one of Roy's battle animations in Binding Blade involve him stabbing somebody in a similar fashion to Marth's Brawl animation?
The hurty bits in Roy's attack are in the half-way part of the blade, so it wouldn't function well if it was a stabby-stabby. And it looks so satisfying when he slaps the ground and it explodes. BOM
Or if Young Link were to return, I'd be more than fine with him getting SC Link's moveset. Pegasus Dash, unf.
You're a genius. You get a promotion!

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
That's what I was thinking too, but then you run into the problem of the people who are nostalgic for plain white Peach haha. (though, to be fair, if one really wanted one or the other, the vault is always there)
with a pulled back veil, hair up, and everything else; I'm 100% on board with the Replace White Alt. with Wedding Peach (SPM should be a good enough basis to go off of.)
It's hard enough to find anything viable as an alt for Peach. Her dress has to remain long and getting rid of any "not neccesary" textures will almost always cause some kind of issue (ex, get rid of shoulder-puufs, Shoulder HB of USmash still dumb as ever with nothing to show for it.)

I cannot stress enough how hard I'm looking for Alts that are solid enough. Fire Peach I guessed a long time ago, I got completely side-swipped by Shadow Queen Peach from Paper Mario (and 190% approve). Dat Search, doe~

EDIT: Also on the fence about the idea of Peach having a light blue Rosalina-style dress to celebrate her daughter her inclusion in Sm4sh, since adding her herself isn't viable.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
with a pulled back veil, hair up, and everything else; I'm 100% on board with the Replace White Alt. with Wedding Peach (SPM should be a good enough basis to go off of.)
It's hard enough to find anything viable as an alt for Peach. Her dress has to remain long and getting rid of any "not neccesary" textures will almost always cause some kind of issue (ex, get rid of shoulder-puufs, Shoulder HB of USmash still dumb as ever with nothing to show for it.)

I cannot stress enough how hard I'm looking for Alts that are solid enough. Fire Peach I guessed a long time ago, I got completely side-swipped by Shadow Queen Peach from Paper Mario (and 190% approve). Dat Search, doe~

EDIT: Also on the fence about the idea of Peach having a light blue Rosalina-style dress to celebrate her daughter her inclusion in Sm4sh, since adding her herself isn't viable.
I would rather they not replace the classic white color... It's been in since Melee... And it reminds me of a friend long gone....

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I would rather they not replace the classic white color... It's been in since Melee... And it reminds me of a friend long gone....
-shrug-

add to it instead? Idk; Things like this further back up my overall statement though: she's tough to find Alts for.

Exodo

Smash Ace
my head just exploded... though its probably never happening thats a great idea for implementing Young Link

Marthmario

Smash Lord
-shrug-

add to it instead? Idk; Things like this further back up my overall statement though: she's tough to find Alts for.
I mean... it's iconic in a way at this point. A lot of players use that as their main color, and I feel like modifying it would detract from it in some way.

Hyrule Warriors Young Link would be perfect as well.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'd honestly just want Shadow Queen team colors. Only two slots left, so there's not enough for team colors unless we lose one, but a red Shadow Queen or maybe a Daisy-colored one would be nice.

http://imgur.com/a/Dx0UE
Personally? I think they're too similar to other Peach swaps. I love the idea of a veil and a hair-change though! Very subtle, very small, yet, a neat Paper Mario Reference.
There are two slots left: I think they should be Nurse Peach with the Project M team taking creative liberties to match Doctor Mario, a semi-costume akin to Daisy, like in Melee, and for the last slot, I really like the idea of a Rosalina recolour. though I'm not a big Rosalina fan personally. Normally I'd suggest a Project M purple, but the Dark Peach is already pretty purple.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Personally? I think they're too similar to other Peach swaps. I love the idea of a veil and a hair-change though! Very subtle, very small, yet, a neat Paper Mario Reference.
There are two slots left: I think they should be Nurse Peach with the Project M team taking creative liberties to match Doctor Mario, a semi-costume akin to Daisy, like in Melee, and for the last slot, I really like the idea of a Rosalina recolour. though I'm not a big Rosalina fan personally. Normally I'd suggest a Project M purple, but the Dark Peach is already pretty purple.
I think everyone is in favor of Melee Daisy replacing the current one. As for Project M purple, it's intriguing to see what could be done, and that shade of purple is different from the maroonish one that Shadow Peach has. But again would fall into the problem of three purple Peaches (using blue peach as a weak argument. It might be better to just say two)

Shin F.

Smash Master
No more similar than Link's alt costume is. And it's not like the colors would be the exact same as her current ones. Her current red, for instance, is fairly bright, whereas a Shadow Queen recolor would be a darker red.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
No more similar than Link's alt costume is. And it's not like the colors would be the exact same as her current ones. Her current red, for instance, is fairly bright, whereas a Shadow Queen recolor would be a darker red.
I think it's more in the vein of rather having a unique costume versus an alternate of Shadow Peach.

I'm still hoping that kimono peach would somehow be possible

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I could absolutely see that/approve, has all the details most alts are missing:
-Dress length for HB purposes
-Alternate style
-possible even alternate color (pink and magenta)

I'm already wayy on board to peach having her hair in a bun and having a paper Parasol, as well as sandels. ahhh!!
[Go PMDT GO]

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I just feel that this has so much potential as an alt, and is official (it was taken from some Nintendo event)

I think we discussed this a while back, but it might have some bone issues with the sleeves, though it may be possible to tie them to the dress bones. Might be an issue for Fair since this alt has no crown, but she could just take out the little crown of flowers or hairpin she is wearing and use that

@ Nanobuds Nanobuds thoughts???

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I just feel that this has so much potential as an alt, and is official (it was taken from some Nintendo event)

I think we discussed this a while back, but it might have some bone issues with the sleeves, though it may be possible to tie them to the dress bones. Might be an issue for Fair since this alt has no crown, but she could just take out the little crown of flowers or hairpin she is wearing and use that

@ Nanobuds Nanobuds thoughts???
Will only be possible if you want stuff sleeves. So it won't match our standard of quality, sorry.

Also @ Nanobuds Nanobuds , are there even more alternate costumes on the way in next update?
Kinda sorta maybe.

Also, @ Nanobuds Nanobuds , will you marry me?
Sure. But you would have to fight my girlfriend to get me.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
yo so there's three Ice Climbers costume slots left

Polar Bear team colors pls

I'd honestly just want Shadow Queen team colors. Only two slots left, so there's not enough for team colors unless we lose one, but a red Shadow Queen or maybe a Daisy-colored one would be nice.

http://imgur.com/a/Dx0UE
Standard Shadow Queen is kinda sorta close to red. Those recolors are great though. I love the blue one.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
What about Sun Dress Peach?

Super Mario Sunshine needs some love.

If Mario had spaces left, I'd say this:

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
This is Sigurd's father. I think his armor color would be fitting as the new replacement for Sigurd Marth's Blue recolor.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
This is Sigurd's father. I think his armor color would be fitting as the new replacement for Sigurd Marth's Blue recolor.
Agreed. As it is now, the regular Sigurd costume seems more blue than the actual blue one. Because cape.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
What do you mean stuff sleeves? I mean, it's also possible to just have normal sleeves but a kimono style dress, no?
He's saying that they can't add bones for the sleeves, so they wouldn't be able to hang down and look fluid like they do in that image. So, he's saying that they'd have to stuff the sleeves, which isn't up to their standards. But, I do agree about the normal sleeves idea.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Do I have to defeat your 7 evil exs too?
They are the mini boss fights, so yes.

What do you mean stuff sleeves? I mean, it's also possible to just have normal sleeves but a kimono style dress, no?
Oops, meant "stiff"

We can't add bones to give them "jiggle physics", so they will look really odd.

We could do normal sleeves, though.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Maybe we'll finally make front page again (in a positive way) if art tuesdays return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom