• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
They are the mini boss fights, so yes.

Oops, meant "stiff"

We can't add bones to give them "jiggle physics", so they will look really odd.

We could do normal sleeves, though.
Normal sleeves! Normal sleeves! Just pretty them up with some flowers/peach blossoms/turnips or something. Most of the design is on the sleeves, that could easily be applied to the "robe" part of the kimono. You think a paper parasol could be done? I haven't seen the hitboxes on it, but as long as the hitboxes can match enough I wouldn't see the different shape being too much of an issue. I mention this because the paper parasol would form more of a triangle shape when open, where as Peach's normal parasol is more like a half circle. However, looking at the GIF below (which is hopefully representative enough) the actual shape of the parasol shouldn't matter too much, seeing as how its hitbox is actually on the stem of the umbrella

For reference here's Melee's frame data on Peach (couldn't find a PM one, but hitboxes should be close enough)

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Something I would like to see is more original music! That's an art!
I know that the Project M team prefers to make all their content, but I heard that Harmony of Heroes is planning on a Project M music pack.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Something I would like to see is more original music! That's an art!
I know that the Project M team prefers to make all their content, but I heard that Harmony of Heroes is planning on a Project M music pack.
That would be nice, but keep in mind they have to be really selective on music replacement. Music takes up a lot of room, and they need to stay under 2 gb for people who use the hackless launcher.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
seconded, Paper Parasol isn't a Must, but I can't see any reason it's un-doable since DEDEDE has his hammer lol.

Also, I wish SOOOO immensly I could see a rough design of this Peach, my body is ready.

I mean that, My Body, Is READY.

Narpas_sword

Yes, thats possible. Look at Ike's sword.

But for the Toon Link situation... it would be too complicated I think, since his gear is on his belt and not the hand.
So you can apply a different texture based on damage%?

Thinking your PED suit getting more corrupted as damage gets higher would be super neat.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
So @ Nanobuds Nanobuds , you think my proposition is viable?

Wow honestly if it made it in the official build I'd be so proud of myself for zero reason haha
Viable? Yeah. However as of now we don't have plans to add more costumes to Peach.

So you can apply a different texture based on damage%?

Thinking your PED suit getting more corrupted as damage gets higher would be super neat.
I know nothing of coding. But I would assume so, yes, since some custom PSA's change things depending on damage. However, Samus's filesize would not allow the amount of textures needed to make it corrupt...

Unless I do this tedious thing... you're giving me ideas. Let me to talk to my people.

So possible? Maybe, if the Wii wasn't so weak. So no, probably won't be able to happen.

EDIT: Yes its possible. But for a model change that requires completely new textures, no It couldn't happen. We would need make at least 2 different Samus models into one actual model, controlling the object visibility via VIS0 animations. This would make Samus' filesize way to large... crashing the game.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Viable? Yeah. However as of now we don't have plans to add more costumes to Peach.

I know nothing of coding. But I would assume so, yes, since some custom PSA's change things depending on damage. However, Samus's filesize would not allow the amount of textures needed to make it corrupt...

Unless I do this tedious thing... you're giving me ideas. Let me to talk to my people.

So possible? Maybe, if the Wii wasn't so weak. So no, probably won't be able to happen.

EDIT: Yes its possible. But for a model change that requires completely new textures, no It couldn't happen. We would need make at least 2 different Samus models into one actual model, controlling the object visibility via VIS0 animations. This would make Samus' filesize way to large... crashing the game.
Except for the wedding dress right?

Right?

Hello...

Anyone there...?

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

i'm more than happy for ZSS to be removed from the game in order to implement this.

Lets face it. ZZS is a terrible concept for a character. She should be in her armour.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
i'm more than happy for ZSS to be removed from the game in order to implement this.

Lets face it. ZZS is a terrible concept for a character. She should be in her armour.
And Fox in his Arwing, and Ganondorf always in his beast form, and Bowser always as Giga Bowser, and Zelda always as Sheik... And why Squirtle when we have motherf***ing Mewtwo? Or Luigi when we have Mario? Why would anyone want to use Peach, when she's always been kidnapped and stuff, instead of the King of Darkness himself?

Apart from the fact that I don't understand how someone would sacrifice a character just for a costume, I think that bringing stuff about "power levels" and all that crap that happens a lot between DBZ fans in a fighting game doesn't make any sense. Even less when we're talking about a crossover game that's all about the fanservice.

Narpas_sword

That... wouldn't help at all :p
well.

And Fox in his Arwing, and Ganondorf always in his beast form, and Bowser always as Giga Bowser, and Zelda always as Sheik... And why Squirtle when we have motherf***ing Mewtwo? Or Luigi when we have Mario? Why would anyone want to use Peach, when she's always been kidnapped and stuff, instead of the King of Darkness himself?

Apart from the fact that I don't understand how someone would sacrifice a character just for a costume, I think that bringing stuff about "power levels" and all that crap that happens a lot between DBZ fans in a fighting game doesn't make any sense. Even less when we're talking about a crossover game that's all about the fanservice.
NEW CHARACTER

No Sword Link!

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I'm deff hype. Peach is so ignored these days, I try personally to give her as much hype/flair as I possibly can:
Favorite changes I made so far are creating Bust for the OG, creating False/Shadow Peach whom by contrast has a bigger bust (Persona Shadow char reference), Melee Daisy Color (as close to the godlike tan as I could get that is), and Gave White Dress Peach her Ponytail, and Replaced Green Dress with Black/Gold Dress from Smash Wii U. Blue's Rosalina style/colored peach, because I too love Peach and shrug at Rosalina. lol

Any additions made to her from the PMBR/PMDT are always welcome, I love seeing what you guys do/can do!

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'm deff hype. Peach is so ignored these days, I try personally to give her as much hype/flair as I possibly can:
Favorite changes I made so far are creating Bust for the OG, creating False/Shadow Peach whom by contrast has a bigger bust (Persona Shadow char reference), Melee Daisy Color (as close to the godlike tan as I could get that is), and Gave White Dress Peach her Ponytail, and Replaced Green Dress with Black/Gold Dress from Smash Wii U. Blue's Rosalina style/colored peach, because I too love Peach and shrug at Rosalina. lol

Any additions made to her from the PMBR/PMDT are always welcome, I love seeing what you guys do/can do!
The only thing with replacing Green Peach is that you'd be removing a team color haha. I have seen some well done Peach-cosplaying-as-Rosalina costumes, which I wouldn't mind playing as. She just has so few alts to work with (like you said before), and Kimono Peach is something that manages to fit the standards in place with minimal editing while being really unique and different (like you also said before haha THE AGREEMENTS)

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Well hey when it comes to alts at least Peach doesn't have it the worst. That honor belongs to Ivysaur X) lol

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
At least there's a valid reason for that one - can't think of many that are good. Now, poor Roy, on the other hand, is oozing with alt potential but has none, lol.
Well hey when it comes to alts at least Peach doesn't have it the worst. That honor belongs to Ivysaur X) lol
I want Coin Block Ivysaur and Valentivysaur to be official <3 <3 <3 Could you imagine a Kimodo Dragon Ivysaur? haha

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I second Shiny/Female Ivysaur! Good Red Alt and puts the "It's a GIRL!?" in peoples mouth where it belongs 9/10 times haha

Also, just as an example, See how Tan Daisy Peach is to Reg. Peach? I've tried time and time again but I can NOT recreate this dark tan in photoshop or Brawlbox no matter how hard I tried! that's my biggest hang up right now in personal Alts.

If anyone could fix/make this a reality (Daisy Alt Color in FULL for Peach) I'd die happy.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Also, just as an example, See how Tan Daisy Peach is to Reg. Peach? I've tried time and time again but I can NOT recreate this dark tan in photoshop or Brawlbox no matter how hard I tried! that's my biggest hang up right now in personal Alts.

If anyone could fix/make this a reality (Daisy Alt Color in FULL for Peach) I'd die happy.
Double post you bad. But yes, I think pretty much EVERYONE is in agreement the Brawl Daisy should be Melee redone. It'd be kind of cool if the Utilt/SideB/UThrow hearts could be changed into flowery aesthetics, but that's asking a little much haha. I just enjoy the Melee Daisy costume so much!!

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
The flower aesthetic actually might not be too much because Sonic's Jet Set Radio alt has custom spin dash trails so it might be possible for a daisy color to have custom attack gfx

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
At least there's a valid reason for that one - can't think of many that are good. Now, poor Roy, on the other hand, is oozing with alt potential but has none, lol.
Wow I guess Diddy Kong's situation is so bad, everyone gave up on him. poor monkey.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The flower aesthetic actually might not be too much because Sonic's Jet Set Radio alt has custom spin dash trails so it might be possible for a daisy color to have custom attack gfx
I mean, I'd be willing to give up on a SideB graphics redo, because the heart hitbox is only used during a taunt anyways. Maybe a different FX though?

Edit: I'm stupid (see below). Different FX could still be cool though.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You guys are forgetting Peach already replaces the hearts with dark energy in her shadow costume (as well as being able to toggle between an explosion and a heart bomber when her side-b connects). It's totally feasible to add flower graphics.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
You guys are forgetting Peach already replaces the hearts with dark energy in her shadow costume (as well as being able to toggle between an explosion and a heart bomber when her side-b connects). It's totally feasible to add flower graphics.
Jesus this is why I shouldn't make posts when making a study guide for an exam I have in two days. Thanks for reminding me!

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Exactly, it'd be too much like giving Peach the actual Daisy, and the Old/Retro Super Mario Land/Mario Tennis Daisy makes sense; they should've never dropped the Tan.. she's from the Desert, I mean come on. Dat Sun~

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
No, its not at all. There are no flower graphics for us to use.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
No, its not at all. There are no flower graphics for us to use.
Of course there are! I just can't impliment them like you guys can ;w;

I wish the PMDT would train me on CSP/Texture/Model/Vertex and the like.. sigh.

MY MEDIOCRITY !!

Narpas_sword

i dont think they can just chuck their own graphics into the move flags...?

i know they made 'light' and green fire, but they would have been adapted from what was already there.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It might be possible to edit an existing texture and save it as a new texture, like let's say I edited the Utilt heart hitbox so that the lobes of the heart pointed out in all directions, looking like a flower. You could edit the heart to be white and use a blue fire graphic (adapted) in the middle, but again, I'm just speculating.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
It might be possible to edit an existing texture and save it as a new texture, like let's say I edited the Utilt heart hitbox so that the lobes of the heart pointed out in all directions, looking like a flower. You could edit the heart to be white and use a blue fire graphic (adapted) in the middle, but again, I'm just speculating.
Can't edit graphics..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom