• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
LIFE TO THIS THREEEEAAAD!!! K, so I was thinking and maybe they could make a Villager Cosplay for Ness. Any thoughts?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
There's always room, when you can replace one of his costumes he already has.

Also, new Pikachu taunt right here.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
His costumes are fine as they are. He's got his default plus team colors, pajamas plus team colors, one that references Fuel, the Mr. Saturn shirt, his bumblebee recolor, and his new Yes Man Jr costume. They're all good already. No need to get rid of them for a cosplay of a character that's already playable in another Smash game, IMO.
Yes plz.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
He's full on costumes already, though.
Is he really? I thought that he just had the 6 default and three pajama costumes. I thought that they used the normal pajamas for the blue team alt. That would make 9 slots, and I though everyone had 10. Anyway, we need robo Ness.

Edit- Just remembered the Skeleton costume. Nevermind. Still need Robo-Ness though.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Is he really? I thought that he just had the 6 default and three pajama costumes. I thought that they used the normal pajamas for the blue team alt. That would make 9 slots, and I though everyone had 10. Anyway, we need robo Ness.
He also got an extra recolor for his default costume - remember the new purple Yes Man Jr shirt?

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I think an alt from Codex's Build should be official, mainly his Kirby cosplaying as Pac-man. Also the MK Inspired Recolor from Sm4sh should be in (Unless Kirb is full on costumes).

YES. YES. YES. ALL MY YESSES!!!!!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

Edit- Just remembered the Skeleton costume. Nevermind. Still need Robo-Ness though.
Have you seen these two?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...btypeSearch=and&Subtype[]=Texture&Target=Ness

I like how we're all saying that we want costumes that Shin F. made.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas

The background kid from Smashville has an alt resembling Villager :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
How about we make that stage look prettier by updating the villager's model to the one from Sm4sh? also he needs a bloody axe in his hands

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Actually I think that's the stage from Sm4sh, lol
Also I'm gonna just post these Diddy Kong recolor options here.

Smash 4 recolors, last two on the right.

Bottom Left Diddy.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Actually I think that's the stage from Sm4sh, lol
Also I'm gonna just post these Diddy Kong recolor options here.

Smash 4 recolors, last two on the right.

Bottom Left Diddy.

Talking about Diddy,
makes me giddy.
:4diddy::diddy::4diddy::diddy::4diddy::diddy:

Y'all know my ideas for the Dids.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Ive been playing Sm4sh and it'd be cool if we could get some stages from it remade into Project M. (preferrably mario galaxy, mario circuit and jungle hijinx if possible.)

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
His costumes are fine as they are. He's got his default plus team colors, pajamas plus team colors, one that references Fuel, the Mr. Saturn shirt, his bumblebee recolor, and his new Yes Man Jr costume. They're all good already. No need to get rid of them for a cosplay of a character that's already playable in another Smash game, IMO.
Yes plz.
I think the only issue with ness is his default red team color. I think default ness needs a better red team color. His default isn't really red and neither is the white one. He just don't stand out red.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Still though, it pays reference to the first game you play as Yoshi in.

EDIT: Also I think it would be cool/hilarious if the Mario Bros got some new/extra idle animations based off the idle ones from the Mario & Luigi series.

Like this: http://youtu.be/It4Hsx6WFXs

Last edited:

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
I believe Pikachu did a cross arms taunt in the video for pokken too
kinda off topic but do you think pokken is gonna have pokemon wearing tekken character costumes?
and one last note this has been on my head I honestly think Bandai Namco shifted from making a Tekken X Street Fighter game and started making Pokken looks like they got those fireballs down

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Well, yes, of course. But I don't think it's as memorable as Mario's to deserve being in the game.
http://www.superluigibros.com/downloads/sounds/N64/YOSHISISLAND/WAV/yoshiJump.wav
It's so cute.
Still though, it pays reference to the first game you play as Yoshi in.

Also I think it would be cool/hilarious if the Mario Bros got some new/extra idle animations based off the idle ones from the Mario & Luigi series.

Like this: http://youtu.be/It4Hsx6WFXs
What about a Smash Taunt for Mario... Swing your arms, from side-to-side!

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I don't know, but if they had at least part of the roster look like this
that would be pretty freakin cool. Also it would make for some interesting designs for people's 'mon in Nuzlocke challenge webcomics.

Also @ Nefnoj Nefnoj I just like the idea of Luigi putting up his dukes in the most comical fashion.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I think the only issue with ness is his default red team color. I think default ness needs a better red team color. His default isn't really red and neither is the white one. He just don't stand out red.
Ness is fine, his default costume is red enough. Red, super distinguishable cap and red shoes; no need to give him red clothes and a backpack as well.
I don't see mario getting the blue portions of his red costume changed because he isn't fruity enough.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I guess. I mean, it's just feels less outstanding than the rest. I guess his big head does help make it feel red though. I don't know, it feels off in terms of all the other red team costumes. But i am alright with it.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
All of Ness's (striped) costumes follow a certain "rule": Primary hat colour with complementary trim, trim colour matches one of the stripes on the shirt with the other stripe being a variation of yellow, and the pants matching the above outfit realistically (as in not an outrageous non-realistic colour that one would wear unironically. Would you go outside with hot-red pants?). His yellow, green and blue costumes have pant colours that, while matching the costume colour, are realistic and wearable. This is why the green and blue costumes are more....fitting in a sense of portraying team colours than his red slot currently.

Also, Ness totally beats Rob and Samus in the red department

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Alright, that makes sense, thanks for the explanation!
And, yes, agreed, ROB is not too bad because of the red tinted body and red arms, but Samus is just pink, not even red, feels kind of off.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I actually somewhat agree with NinfanNanz, though I seldom play Team Battle. They could make the blue on red Ness more purple, akin to the original Smash, and maybe make his cheeks more red too. Maybe his green palette could have less orange.
I like this topic, I feel like there are other characters in need of swap change:
:dk2:In Super Smash Bros. for the N64, Donkey's Green had greenish skin. It'd be cool if there was a way to reflect that without looking nasty. His white swap needs blue tie so it relates to the Super Kong and the blue Boxer DK.
:diddy:Diddy's red fur on his green palette seems to clash, I think it should be switched out for a nice yellow. If the Green gets the yellow, the blue should get white, partly to match Super Kong, partly for more distinguishingismness. White seems more blue than yellow does.
:popo:I think the red team Popo should be a different colour... Maybe orange, yellow, or a less blue white.
:mario2::luigi2:The blue palettes for the Mario bros. could have silver buttons, but I don't think they need much change.
:marth:Maybe his red could be less black, maybe more pink or orange.
:metaknight:Meta Knight's blue is not very blue at all. Either his default swap should be more blue-ified, and used for the blue team, or the blue Meta Knight should have a more blue body. Or the jewel and the blade could reflect the palette: In my build, Meta Knight's sword has a gem to resemble the colour of the swap, and the blade itself is the same two colours as his shoes.
:olimar:BRING BACK OLIMAR'S SMOKEY HELMET. He can have dark skin under that, that's my favourite swap. Since a purple swap was added, they could make his blue more blue.
:pit:The red scarf for the green swap seems out of nowhere to me. Maybe the colour of his scarf and tunic for his red swap should switch colours. The wings should be closer to the swaps.
:ivysaur:I don't like his green and red swaps at all, maybe they're too red and too green, I dunno. I don't know how people feel about his blue, but the Project M team could replace it with his white swap for the blue team to make room for a costume, should they want it to have team colours.
:rob:Green ROB should have a blue cord.
:samus2:Pink's not very red, but I don't know how they could fix it. In my build, the green and blue are closer to the Metroid Prime 2 echoes multiplayer, although darker, I find them more friendly to the Metroid series.
:toonlink:They could change the colour of his shield for each swap. In my build, the red, blue, and purple have the four-sword.
:wario:I don't like Warioware Wario as much as awesome Wario, but his red and red/black swaps are too similar. Maybe the reds in the red/black could be moved over to his read swap, and replaced in his black swap with purple. I am now doing that in my build.
:yoshi2:Wings in Dragon Yoshi should reflect his current swap.
:sheik:I think Sheik's red scarf on his blue is weird. I wish he was more red on his red team.
:zerosuitsamus:In my build, I made the blue reference the dark samus swap, by adding some black bits from the black swap, and the pink glowey bits orange. I want to make it better but don't know how. I think the glowey bits should relate to the glowey bits on the Suit in question: Pink and purple gets blue, black gets red, green gets yellow. I also made the handle of her paralyzer relate to her palette swap.
:mewtwopm:Mewtwo needs his orange palette swap.
:roypm:MEWTWO NEEDS HIS ORANGE PALETTE SWAP.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
:marth:Maybe his red could be less black, maybe more pink or orange.
Hell no. One, that sounds ugly as hell. Two, it'd arguably water down the intended reference to enemy unit colors in FE. Three, I will cut you.

Also disagree with changing Tink's shield color (I'd actually like them to change Link's TP red, blue, and possibly white outfits to use the traditional Hylian shield coloration), and I like Sheik's blue alt as is. The red scarf provides a nice contrasting touch and helps to differentiate it from the default color scheme.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I think Wario's White overalls costume should have yellow overalls, to make it a Fire Flower costume like the Mario Bros' white outfits.

Also, maybe Ness's red costume should be replaced with one resembling Loid or Teddy from Mother 1, and Lucas should get the red costume based off Fuel, since he's in Mother 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom