• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I just used that example to say those rules are not sacred ones. There can be exceptions.
When I install mods, I go by very similar strict standards, here's what I think of it: If a character CAN'T dress up like it - it doesn't work. For instance, Sonic can dye his quills, (hair?) wear contacts, and change his shoes, BAM, he can look like Tails. Link CAN dress up like Link, Luigi CAN dress up like Mr. L, etc. If they were to do the Hero's Shade, I think it would be so that Link is wearing the armour. WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME. Since Hero's Shade only has one eye, Link should have an eyepatch.

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
When I install mods, I go by very similar strict standards, here's what I think of it: If a character CAN'T dress up like it - it doesn't work. For instance, Sonic can dye his quills, (hair?) wear contacts, and change his shoes, BAM, he can look like Tails. Link CAN dress up like Link, Luigi CAN dress up like Mr. L, etc. If they were to do the Hero's Shade, I think it would be so that Link is wearing the armour. WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME. Since Hero's Shade only has one eye, Link should have an eyepatch.
You're giving physical reasons, which I agree. But my point was in the canon/rules reason.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
The Identity of a character rule is a little ambiguous I guess, seeing that there seem to be different interpretations of it. I think of it as if the alt is clearly associated with the character, it's in the rules. For example, OOT Link may not be TP Link, but it's still Link. You can't mistake him for Ike or for Marth. You can't mistake any of the alt costumes as another character, as the character is still fairly easy to identify. I think all alt costumes fall under that umbrella.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
The Identity of a character rule is a little ambiguous I guess, seeing that there seem to be different interpretations of it. I think of it as if the alt is clearly associated with the character, it's in the rules. For example, OOT Link may not be TP Link, but it's still Link. You can't mistake him for Ike or for Marth. You can't mistake any of the alt costumes as another character, as the character is still fairly easy to identify. I think all alt costumes fall under that umbrella.
It depends on the exact character. For example, Dark Samus as Samus wouldn't be a good choice. But several Link incarnations are welcome. A Marth cosplay from another Nintendo series wouldn't be cool, but it is if Sonic gains a Jet Set Radio one. I think they must talk about each character although there are some general rules in there.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
So they flexed the rules just for Link, Zelda, Shiek, and Ganondorf.
Minor correction: It's still the same Ganondorf. Other than Four Swords Adventures, all Ganondorfs are the same character.
(Note that I have yet to play Hyrule Warriors, so I don't know if that's a Ganondorf we've seen before. But since it's unfortunately non-canon, it's not super relevant anyway, I suppose).

But otherwise, yes.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I have a workaround with the possibility that Link and Zelda are just reincarnations of the same person, but I don't think anybody likes that idea.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Big Boss is still Snake. Both these franchises operate under the pretense that a single character spans multiple generations.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Well, the Brawl character isn't Solid Snake nor Punished Snake/Big Boss/etc. Even though he's called Solid Snake in-game he has features from both characters.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
The shading you have done on Zelda is excellent, but Sheik's design needs some extra work, not only in shading and detail, but also adding some femininity to her, like she currently has in the Ocarina remake. You don't want people insinsing that OoT Sheik=Male Brawl Sheik=Female, when that's not even true, do you?
I'm very excited for the new stages. We were talking about N64 stages remakes just a few weeks ago too. I can't wait to see Saffron City HD.

Also, does OOT Zelda replace the OOT inspired color swap in Brawl?
Something tells me that one of her alternate colors will use TP Zelda's colors.

Last edited:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is male. He has clearly defined pectorals, and his shoulder to hip ratio is impossible for a woman.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Sheik is male. He has clearly defined pectorals, and his shoulder to hip ratio is impossible for a woman.
Seriously...

Nintendo has been trying to make more clear that Sheik is just a girl in drag, and the Ocarina remake is no exception. So you really shouldn't rely anymore on outdated artwork that was only made to mislead the player.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
The shading you have done on Zelda is excellent, but Sheik's design needs some extra work, not only in shading and detail, but also adding some femininity to her, like she currently has in the Ocarina remake. You don't want people insinsing that OoT Sheik=Male Brawl Sheik=Female, when that's not even true, do you?
Something tells me that one of her alternate colors will use TP Zelda's colors.
I'm glad that they didn't add more feminine traits to make it more like the OOT3D model, because this costume sticks out more from Brawl Sheik without them.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
I'm glad that they didn't add more feminine traits to make it more like the OOT3D model, because this costume sticks out more from Brawl Sheik without them.
They could add the feminine traits and still stick out from Brawl Sheik because of the costume and lack of braid in her hair, so it's still possible.

Edit: By the way...

Darn rigging! This shouldn't even happen between her legs!

Last edited:

THEDADPOOL

Smash Cadet
project m should make lucario's darker gi look a little more like akuma's and give him purple aura in that alt

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I kind of hope that they brighten all of the costumes or something, otherwise all the OOT/Melee costumes look bad and out of place :/

I will say that the addition of more detail in the csps of melee Falco and Fox makes me like the costumes slightly more.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
They could add the feminine traits and still stick out from Brawl Sheik because of the costume and lack of braid in her hair, so it's still possible.

Edit: By the way...

Darn rigging! This shouldn't even happen between her legs!
Eheh. The bulge will be fixed... other than that, we are sticking to the more masculine traits that OoT originally had.

Actually... I'm pretty sure Brawl Sheik was used as a base model... so the chest and hips are the same as Brawl. But I don't remember, so I'll double check.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Eheh. The bulge will be fixed... other than that, we are sticking to the more masculine traits that OoT originally had.

Actually... I'm pretty sure Brawl Sheik was used as a base model... so the chest and hips are the same as Brawl. But I don't remember, so I'll double check.
Will all of the costumes be getting a retool to make them brighter? The oot/melee costumes look way out of place and kind of ugly with everything else being in Brawl's style when in game atm :x

THEDADPOOL

Smash Cadet
They didn't base it off Akuma, so they're probably not gonna do that.
i realize they didn't but since the white one is based off of ryu (iirc) and the whole traditional fighters. (streetfighter,KoF, etc.) it would be neat if they made the darker one more akuma feeling and purple aura would make it a lot cool imo.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Well, shucks at the last part. :( People are going to insist on the wrong thing.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Will all of the costumes be getting a retool to make them brighter? The oot/melee costumes look way out of place and kind of ugly with everything else being in Brawl's style when in game atm :x
They're a little off putting at first, but it quickly becomes easy to forget. Happened with 3.0 alts, will happen now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I like that Classic Captain Falcon costume, and the Light Suit Samus. Probably some of the best looking alts in Project M.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
i realize they didn't but since the white one is based off of ryu (iirc) and the whole traditional fighters. (streetfighter,KoF, etc.) it would be neat if they made the darker one more akuma feeling and purple aura would make it a lot cool imo.
Yeeah.. I guess you're right. But they still won't do that.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It's not based on Ryu, it's based on the Black Belt trainer class from pokemon, with some items thrown in.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_Belt_(Trainer_class)

They're a little off putting at first, but it quickly becomes easy to forget. Happened with 3.0 alts, will happen now.
Yeah...no. The costumes still look way out of place to me, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't think anybody is actually against brightening up the Mario cast in particular.

They don't have to go Smash 3 style of crazy with it just go one shade lighter than now.

The darkness in the colors is accurate to Twilight Princess however.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna say that making TP Link brighter would make OOT Link stick out even less.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
well in the OP theres a section that says ideals of alts and the ones highlighted in green are ones that are going to be in the game and LucaRYU is one of the few highlighted in green
Well in the OP, under CONFIRMED COSTUMES, it says Fighting Gi Lucario.

AKA GiCario. I don't see Ryu anywhere in there.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The OP says Lucaryu, because this was the name given by whoever suggested the costume as an idea.

The PMDT's alt was a similar idea, just based off of different mediums, so I highlighted Lucaryu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom