• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
ASL code. Unfortunately it's kinda wonky, but maybe someone will work on it down the line and it'll get included for PM.

@ Nanobuds Nanobuds I have a question about the HD stages, do they have the same boundaries and collisions as the low quality versions or no? Isai's house looks very different on Hyrule Castle.
The only difference is the hut thing on the right of the stage (Isai's house?)

Its collisions are HARDLY different though. So its no biggie. Boundaries are the same.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Something that I haven't see anybody mention: the rushing wind sound that occurs after power hits from Melee IS BACK
Ganondorf's bair has a cool eletric trail following his fist, more character moves should have that

Kaepora you cheeky owl I'm onto you

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
ZSS obviously has some, so it's not a stretch that there are other alts yet to be revealed.
Some nonspecific bloke of the Project M team said that they're purposefully not revealing everything. Which I prefer.

The only difference is the hut thing on the right of the stage (Isai's house?)

Its collisions are HARDLY different though. So its no biggie. Boundaries are the same.
I just took it to the Google, why's it called... "Isai's House"?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think they might still show more alt costumes even though Art Tuesdays are over. We thought we saw all of the alt costumes for 3.0 when we saw this video:

But then on the night 3.0 released we got a ton more info.

Even if they don't do it pre-release I think there'll be some surprises when we boot up 3.5 after downloading it.

"WHOA, I never would have thought of THAT for a Charizard costume!"

I can just imagine :bee:

Last edited:
Anyone else read this a dozen times and still not know what he means?

unrevealed? like 'haha, we are taking the images away now'?

and surely you can't expect surprise alts...
apologies if the question was inarticulate, I typed that up on a phone while walking so I was a bit distracted. Unrevealed meaning not yet revealed in an Art Tuesday or otherwise.

Anyway, nefnoj answered the question - thankfully, we haven't seen everything yet.

Shin F.

Smash Master
It means they're gonna repeat the 47 joke 47 times.

All without any payoff.

It was all just to see us squirm.
How many times is this now? I know there was one in the April Fools vid, one in the All-Star Versus trailer, and now this. I think there was another one, as well, but I can't remember where.

Edit: The CEO trailer, that's where it was.

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Nobody commenting on the flying object in the sky as Zelda is taunting in the last few seconds of the video?

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Nobody commenting on the flying object in the sky as Zelda is taunting in the last few seconds of the video?
Too small to tell. I saw speculation about it being Skull Kid, but it could just as easily (and arguably more logically) be Kaepora Gaebora flying around.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Looks like a bird, so I would guess it's Kaepora Gaebora - they showed him perched on the stage earlier in the trailer, so he probably also flies around it.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Better they start preparing to release this thing than indulge us with more art.

Plus, there is the launch trailer to look forward to.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Alright I went through and compared all the shots. Most of them were relatively unchanged and I couldn't find the difference. Here are the 4 that I found different (excluding DK).
Ike

Has different Armor shine.

Link

Holds his sword differently and angrier expression. Eyebrows appear to be bigger as well. Link's sword is the OOT one now.

Lucario (Just a pose difference)

Dedede

Design on back changed, Orange Fur on coat, and horns.
Those are the ones that I saw. Can't tell if there are more.
All the 3.0 renders seemed to have gotten an upgrade in quality as well.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Link's sword hilt is itself different, no longer the Twilight Princess model.

And DK got a new pose too.
Thank you for the Link info, Ill update.
for DK, i didn't have any old pose to compare to, since the CSP was the brawl one. There was no official render till now.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Is the Harmony of Heroes music just used for the trailer only or is a Harmony of Heroes brstm pack planned to be in 3.5? Just wondering since Harmony of Heroes has the most amazing unofficial remixes I ever heard and having it 3.5 would be amazing.

I love how Kaepora Gaebora flys in the background and oversee's the battle in the background.
The HoH director contacted me and asked if I could provide the BRSTMs for their site release (if they don't do it themselves), but until that releases, you can always go over here. Though Pikmin's BRSTMs don't exactly have seamless loops.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
what got me the most hyped about the tuesday art finale were those smooth ass wavelands!

we melee now?

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Updated stage collisions + Screen KOs + Black Tunic Link + HD remastered stages that put any found on Brawl Vault to shame = Game of the Year.

Exodo

Smash Ace

The cape is indeed red and gold, like the OoT cape, but the pattern on the cape is the Melee one. The rest of his attire has various differences between the two, as well. This PM Ganondorf is halfway between the two.

It uses the Melee boots, the Melee cape attachment method, the Melee cape design, the OoT cape colors, pants and shirt are both black, like Melee, the top half of his... leotard thing is the OoT design, but the lower half is the Melee design, kneepads use elements of both, shoulders are kind of a cool mixture of both, gloves are mostly melee, belt is OoT, forehead crest thing is Melee.

Obviously, their goal was to try to use take the best of both worlds, though I personally would have preferred a pure OoT design. But most of that could be changed with just a retexture, which I'll probably do myself eventually.
I'm just picky.
well one thing is true, the cape attachment in Oot Ganon looks waay better than melees. and the forehead thingy looks way more badass aswell, well your right, giving it more Oot designs would of been better.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
well one thing is true, the cape attachment in Oot Ganon looks waay better than melees. and the forehead thingy looks way more badass aswell, well your right, giving it more Oot designs would of been better.
I would have liked to see a separate OOT version and Melee version. that would have been nice.

Alright I went through and compared all the shots. Most of them were relatively unchanged and I couldn't find the difference. Here are the 4 that I found different (excluding DK).
Ike

Has different Armor shine.
Looks like Ike's pauldrons (I believe that's what the shoulder armor is called) are bigger now as well.

Exodo

Smash Ace
guys its all confirmed now, the giant 47, the legend of zelda exclusive video on the PM youtube page, it all comes down to this...
Majora CONFIRMED!!!(hopefully)

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
guys its all confirmed now, the giant 47, the legend of zelda exclusive video on the PM youtube page, it all comes down to this...
Majora CONFIRMED!!!(hopefully)
Sorry if I sound like a total n00b (which I probably do), but what does 47 have to do with Majora?

Exodo

Smash Ace
Sorry if I sound like a total n00b (which I probably do), but what does 47 have to do with Majora?
Melees's event match 47 stage was Majora's mask(literally) basically you where fighting on the Majora's mask, since this is PM(Project Melee) thats what people have been speculating. the reveal will go like this: Project M, more like Project... Majora!!!
or thats how envision it...

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
I knew if the PMDT tried to tackle the N64 stages, they would make them look good, but I had no idea they could make it look THIS GOOD! Seriously, it's perfect! I really can't even imagine it being done better. The melee/oot zelda and sheik look amazing as well. Thank you PMDT!!!!!

Commander Hen

Smash Rookie
I just took it to the Google, why's it called... "Isai's House"?
Isai Alvarado, one of the greatest Smash players, is known to have introduced god combos off of it in Smash 64 because you can't tech walls in that game. "Hell House" suits it better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom