• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Isai Alvarado, one of the greatest Smash players, is known to have introduced god combos off of it in Smash 64 because you can't tech walls in that game. "Hell House" suits it better though.
Man, I'm such a casual... "Tech walls", "Isai", "Wavedashing", ha, I've never known what those are or how to use them right, even after I Googled 'em.

Commander Hen

Smash Rookie
Man, I'm such a casual... "Tech walls", "Isai", "Wavedashing", ha, I've never known what those are or how to use them right, even after I Googled 'em.
lol No worries, teching a surface, so either a wall, floor, or ceiling, is just pressing shield when you come in contact with it. Makes it so that you don't bounce around like a goon and get smacked even more.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I hope we get Metal Cavern redone because that might actually see tournament use.
Dreamland too I guess
but
Cavern > Dreamland imo
and my opinion is 100% correct 100% of the time

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
lol No worries, teching a surface, so either a wall, floor, or ceiling, is just pressing shield when you come in contact with it. Makes it so that you don't bounce around like a goon and get smacked even more.
THAT'S A THING?!!
YOU - YOU CAN DO THAT?!!
I NEED TO PLAY SMASH RIGHT NOW.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Guys... There's already writing on Isai's House. It's in Hylian, though, does anyone have a translator?
Ooohhhh, that would be awesome.

I have a Hylian 64 font. Don't know if that's what they'd have used, or how accurate my font is, but Isai's House in that font appears like this.
Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 11.52.24 PM.png

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Oh you don't even know yet.

Go camera scouting when you play the stage. I dare you.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ATy53FSb8

No one has come close to the sort of dominance over a Smash game that Isai has over 64. Watching him play that game is poetry in motion. The closest anyone else has come to that is Mew2King's Marth on FD, or his Sheik on Dreamland.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ Nanobuds Nanobuds - I realize this may asking for a bit much while you're busy preparing for 3.5 - but considering you assisted with SJS's new ZSS, is anyone involved with that project interested in adapting the P:M ZSS alt costumes for use with that model?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So this is the last Project M Art Tuesday....damn.
Which characters are left to get costumes? Let us discuss.

1. Diddy Kong. What are we getting for him? My bet is on his striker outfit, or a Donkey Kong JR. Shirt.
2. Ivysaur. Given the treatment that happened with Squirtle, I think we might get a completely original design.
3. Charizard. We can't have Mega Charizard X or Y officially, so I may just say this gets Squirtle treatment as well.
4. Roy. *sob* Likely his Awakening costume, or some other Lord cosplay. We'll have to wait and see.
5. Olimar. We did get recolours, but no official costume yet. I have no idea.
6. Game&Watch. Likely just recolours. Which I'm perfectly okay with.

And we haven't officially seen Zero Suit Samus's Alts, but we are getting them.
I'd like this as a Diddy Kong alt.. heheheh...

I'm still hoping for Gardening Ivysaur, and Armored Charizard is still a thing people like.
Roy: LEIF.
Olimar: an outfit based on Brittany and Charlie is still something I think people want. Also the Pikmin Olimar.

Also I see that Saffron City, Green Greens, Jungle Japes(I think..?) And Metal Cave are planned to be remade.. *salivates*

I'm not really sure what could be done extra for Greens though, the best thing I've seen for a remake of it was Dream Greens. Could the PMDT top that?

Jungle Japes, I wouldn't really know what could be done to make that map better looking either.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'd like this as a Diddy Kong alt.. heheheh...

I'm still hoping for Gardening Ivysaur, and Armored Charizard is still a thing people like.
Roy: LEIF.
Olimar: an outfit based on Brittany and Charlie is still something I think people want. Also the Pikmin Olimar.

Also I see that Saffron City, Green Greens, Jungle Japes(I think..?) And Metal Cave are planned to be remade.. *salivates*

I'm not really sure what could be done extra for Greens though, the best thing I've seen for a remake of it was Dream Greens. Could the PMDT top that?

Jungle Japes, I wouldn't really know what could be done to make that map better looking either.
Yeah, but you can't have JUST beat-up Diddy, you gotta top that by including beat-up Donkey! I would like to see Olimar wearing, not only the other's suits, but sporting their hairstyles and facial hair as well, akin to Sonic and his costumes. It'd be even more cool if his whistle changed for each one, though I doubt that'll actually happen.

Except Brittany. I don't want cross-dressing Olimar.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Why not Astronaut Olimar? Like legitimate astronaut clothing. I think that would be really neat.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Why not Astronaut Olimar? Like legitimate astronaut clothing. I think that would be really neat.
I always thought that his red or white clothes were kinda like that.

I still feel that Pikmin Olimar (Based off of the bad ending in the first game) would be best.
Hear, hear!

Why not remove the space suit entirely and just give him some casual clothes? Have him dress like his son.
Wouldn't that interfere with the hitbox/hurtbox stuff?

Olimar as Pikmin and Pikmin as Olimar.
There's already an Olimar as Pikmin hack on the vault... It's terrifying.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The antenna :/
Can't you just, not include the mesh for it? Or is the antenna an external graphic attached to the bones? If that's the case, do you know if the antenna has hurt or hitboxes? If they don't, they could just be renamed so they don't have the GFX, but don't mess with the bone index. And their animations won't matter if they're not rigged to anything.

Or if they do have hurt/ hitboxes, I guess that wouldn't work, but I have a hard time imagining the antenna as having those.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Can't you just, not include the mesh for it? Or is the antenna an external graphic attached to the bones? If that's the case, do you know if the antenna has hurt or hitboxes? If they don't, they could just be renamed so they don't have the GFX, but don't mess with the bone index.

Or if they do have hurt/ hitboxes, I guess that wouldn't work, but I have a hard time imagining the antenna as having those.
The graphic is attached to a bone. I think its actually an article in his moveset files...
Renaming the antenna bone will cause graphical issues with his Space Ship. I've tried it before with imports from a looooong time ago.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The graphic is attached to a bone. I think its actually an article in his moveset files...
Renaming the antenna bone will cause graphical issues with his Space Ship. I've tried it before with imports from a looooong time ago.
Darn, that's too bad. Oh, well.

I wonder why his antenna bone would affect the Space Ship... seems odd that they would be related somehow.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I was browsing the Brawl Vault and I can't believe no one thought about this for a Link's alt:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I was browsing the Brawl Vault and I can't believe no one thought about this for a Link's alt:
It doesn't follow the rules. :c
It changes the character completely, thus the identity. No one would be able to recognize that as Link.
It is a cool alt though.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Actually, it doesn't. The Hero's Shade is Link. In fact, it's been suggested before.
Well, technically, but no one who hasn't played the Twilight Princess series would know that, so it would really hard to identify him as Link. I think if he had just the armor, but was still Link on the inside, it would be cool.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Well, technically, but no one who hasn't played the Twilight Princess series would know that, so it would really hard to identify him as Link. I think if he had just the armor, but was still Link on the inside, it would be cool.
Doesn't matter. It's still within the rules because it doesn't change his identity. In any case, the point is moot. Link won't likely be getting any more costumes since he's full now, since we saw the black OoT alt in the video.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Even if that alt would have broken that rule it wouldn't be the first alt to do so. I mean, look at Mr L!! He's obviously not Luigi.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Doesn't matter. It's still within the rules because it doesn't change his identity. In any case, the point is moot. Link won't likely be getting any more costumes since he's full now, since we saw the black OoT alt in the video.
Fair enough. Whateves. I am ok with Black OOT link. It's the twilight Princess costume we never got.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Actually, TP Link is not OoT Link, so that rule is also violated.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Actually, TP Link is not OoT Link, so that rule is also violated.
I think the PMBR did know but didn't care too much, since both characters are both adults, have similar bodies (unlike Toon Link and Young Link) and are both still called Link. So they flexed the rules just for Link, Zelda, Shiek, and Ganondorf. Naked Snake and Solid Snake are also different people entirely, but since their bodies are very similar and both use the Snake moniker, the PMBR decided to make Big Boss an alt for Snake as well.

Bottom line is that they can get away with it because not only are they visually similar but also have the same moniker.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
At this point it's very clear only strict rules apply to new characters, for obvious reasons like copyright and limited slot space.

New costumes allow for cosplays of many things as long as the character doesn't take the exact look of a completely different type of character.

Related question, can this please still be a costume because it works?

Olimar and White are both controlling assholes.

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I think the PMBR did know but didn't care too much, since both characters are both adults, have similar bodies (unlike Toon Link and Young Link) and are both still called Link. So they flexed the rules just for Link, Zelda, Shiek, and Ganondorf. Naked Snake and Solid Snake are also different people entirely, but since their bodies are very similar and both use the Snake moniker, the PMBR decided to make Big Boss an alt for Snake as well.

Bottom line is that they can get away with it because not only are they visually similar but also have the same moniker.
I just used that example to say those rules are not sacred ones. There can be exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom