• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
OP updated.

Each new Animation is spoiler so that crappy PC's don't try to load all the gifs at once and die.
I wonder...
Since Art Tuesdays is less about just costumes nowadays, should the suggested costume spoiler be renamed to accomodate suggested animation fixes, CSS screen ideas, and/or map additions/reskins the PMDT could do?

Shin F.

Smash Master
OP updated.

Each new Animation is spoiler so that crappy PC's don't try to load all the gifs at once and die.
I think crappy PCs will do that anyways and that spoilered content loads even while spoilered. Maybe just link to each image if you're concerned about it?
I wonder...
Since Art Tuesdays is less about just costumes nowadays, should the suggested costume spoiler be renamed to accomodate suggested animation fixes, CSS screen ideas, and/or map additions/reskins the PMDT could do?
I'd not really bother with that honestly. Just seems like it would be too much to keep up with. It's already difficult keeping up with the suggestions list with just alts. Maybe if it was its own thread.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I wonder...
I don't about all the suggestions for small things like that. But I do plan to rearrange the OP to accommodate for all of The Art Team's Forte. Hence the "Arts and Alts" title. So sections like that aren't out of the question.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Asking for new menus is probably going too far.

The team seems to be going for a clean and readable aesthetic, which is reflected in the new victory screen.There are plenty of CSS and SSS mods out there for people who want more "flash" to their screens.

And wanting them to copy what's already out there seems like pointless clutter to what this thread is about, character costumes and now their animations.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Well anyway I'm now a fan of Beta Roy as a costume.
But didn't the PMDT say they didn't wanna create a costume that could be confused with a standard costume?

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Shet. I want an Archer Roy outfit, a Beta Roy outfit, an Awakening Roy, and Leif Roy as alts.. That probably isn't gonna happen though :(

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I just realized, Donkey Kong NEEDS new animations for his F-Smash, Down-B, and whatever other moves that involve DK opening his hands for an attack. Boxer Kong doesn't look cool when he slaps **** while wearing boxing gloves.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Because they wanted to replace it with the stupid taunt from Melee.
If you quickly tap the side taunt, you'll get navi taunt.
Shet. I want an Archer Roy outfit, a Beta Roy outfit, an Awakening Roy, and Leif Roy as alts.. That probably isn't gonna happen though :(
We can all agree though that Roy definitely needs an alt costume. It's does not seem right if just Ike and Marth got Alts.

Didn't they remove those screen KOs for the sake of doubles
Did the PMDT remove it? I didn't notice.

Last edited:

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
I just realized, Donkey Kong NEEDS new animations for his F-Smash, Down-B, and whatever other moves that involve DK opening his hands for an attack. Boxer Kong doesn't look cool when he slaps **** while wearing boxing gloves.
I disagree, it makes him looks like some sort of baker with oven mitts. His F-Smash is him squishing the dough, etc etc. I don't know why they remind me of oven mitts.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I see your point, but then it would look kinda awkward for Donkey Kong. IIRC, the Hand Slap animation was a call-out to Donkey Kong 64 or one of the DKC games, and the F-Smash would look sorta awkward, IMO. But, that's just me. Regardless of what happens, I think we should remember that Donkey Kong came first, and that the Boxer DK was based off of Donkey Kong, not the other way round. Therefore, I, and this is just me, think that all Alt. Costume's should be made to fit their originals, like how they gave Light Suit Samus buffed-up shoulders instead of slimming Samus's Varia Suit's shoulders.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I see your point, but then it would look kinda awkward for Donkey Kong. IIRC, the Hand Slap animation was a call-out to Donkey Kong 64 or one of the DKC games, and the F-Smash would look sorta awkward, IMO. But, that's just me. Regardless of what happens, I think we should remember that Donkey Kong came first, and that the Boxer DK was based off of Donkey Kong, not the other way round. Therefore, I, and this is just me, think that all Alt. Costume's should be made to fit their originals, like how they gave Light Suit Samus buffed-up shoulders instead of slimming Samus's Varia Suit's shoulders.
So then maybe it should only have the animations changed for the alt costume. If possible. I totally remembered how much those gloves annoyed me.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So then maybe it should only have the animations changed for the alt costume. If possible. I totally remembered how much those gloves annoyed me.
That would be fine by me, not that my opinion matters :laugh:. It's all up to the PMDT. I think that it may be technically feasible, but it would require some serious manipulation so as not to change the code between the two. However, I believe that elemental properties of attacks can be changed between costumes, so we at least know some things are changeable. But, I don't know anything about coding, so I'm probably wrong. After all, changing elemental effects and changing animations sound like two different cups of yogurt.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Did the PMDT remove it? I didn't notice.
IIRC screen KOs are returning, i think they showed it in the April fools video.
I hope they make them like Melee too, they actually go in a wall bouncing animation, unlike Brawl's were they are stuck in tumbling animation, either i'm happy with screen KOs coming back.

Well anyway I'm now a fan of Beta Roy as a costume.
But didn't the PMDT say they didn't wanna create a costume that could be confused with a standard costume?
What do you mean with "confusing with a standard costume"?
Beta Roy it's not much different than older designs, like OoT Link and SF64 Fox, etc. there's also concept art Meta Knight.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I hope they make them like Melee too, they actually go in a wall bouncing animation, unlike Brawl's were they are stuck in tumbling animation, either i'm happy with screen KOs coming back.

What do you mean with "confusing with a standard costume"?
Beta Roy it's not much different than older designs, like OoT Link and SF64 Fox, etc. there's also concept art Meta Knight.
Well, I think I read a post by Nano once that said they don't want to make costumes that have similar colors to a character's default costume.
But if Beta Roy was considered by PMDT that would be amazing.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Well, I think I read a post by Nano once that said they don't want to make costumes that have similar colors to a character's default costume.
But if Beta Roy was considered by PMDT that would be amazing.
Ah, so that's what you meant, well, let's see what they end up choosing for the boy.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Did Silentdoom do his Stream? ;c i didn't wanna miss it.

Edit : Awwww no announcement for Big House 4, but respect for Project M for respecting Nintendo.

Eyyyy, found it. but yea it's still brawl.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So, is the PMDT going to add that SSS that they used for SKTAR last week to 3.5, or was that just a test to see if that's what general tournaments like to play with?

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
So, is the PMDT going to add that SSS that they used for SKTAR last week to 3.5, or was that just a test to see if that's what general tournaments like to play with?
Hopefully not. Not everyone uses that stage list and removing possibly viable stages from the first page will limit experimentation.

MLGF

Smash Lord
It's officially Tuesday on the East Coast.

...So where's my art!?

WHERE IS IT!?
WHERE THE **** IS IT PMDT!?
WHERE?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Let's deduce it! My bet's that it's
1. A character that has yet to have a costume,
2. Nanobuds' favourite,
3. Because it's Nanobuds' favourite, that means it stands out from the rest, which is saying a lot given how many awesome costumes there are so far, so something a bit more than just a simple recolour,
4. Who're Nanobuds' favourite characters? It's probably one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom