• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, I think I read a post by Nano once that said they don't want to make costumes that have similar colors to a character's default costume.
But if Beta Roy was considered by PMDT that would be amazing.
Maybe I'm not seeing things, but Beta Roy's colours look a lot different than Smash Roy (it's a early design of FE6 Roy) imo. The armour and boots may have a similar colour, but a lot of other things stand out more. In fact, Beta Roy does look a little younger (Roy's 15 in his game). Well, that's what I think, don't know if they feel the same. But seriously that hairdo tho

^ Should be dubbed "Bedhead Roy" lulz.

I think it would be awesome to see more beta costumes for characters, but we'll have to see.

Also, is it possible to give Roy his sheath his back? Or is he forever going to have an invisible sheath in-game?

Also, also, RECOLOURS HYPE!! :colorful:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I would like to point out that this means most characters are confirmed to have one alt costume with multiple recolors (excluding special characters like Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Samus/ZSS?), which is exactly how I would like it. The presentation is clean, the CSS is orderly, and the PM(BR)DT aren't overextending themselves in terms of workload - at least in the costume department.

Some might argue these could be placeholders until after 3.5, but I respectfully disagree.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
That... that means no Lord Ike recolor...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Yaay purple Melee Ganon and Classic Wolf recolors!!

AND a new Ness & Black Knight Ike color??

Seriously awesome PMDT. You've done it again.

But before I give more praise, I just want to say that there's probably some things that could be changed.

One of my gripes is the new green Wolf recolor makes his fur grossly green. Wolf's regular green color gives him a very light brown color that I prefer to Wolf's standard fur color, can we see what he looks like with that color?

EDIT: It took me a sec, but now I know that the C. Falcon color is based off of Melee Falcon. I like it more, but the scarf should be yellow..

Finally, I like the Armored Ike recolors, but why add them? There was so many different Ike skins that could've been used..
Oh well. I guess I could always just add Lord, Hero, and Vanguard Ikes into the game as mods.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Oh hey, Falcon got a Melee alt. I mean, it looks like the Melee outfit... think the scarf kinda confirms it... wasn't it yellow in Melee. Ah well, I like it.
But still... no Lord Palette Ike...

NOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The amount of negativity from people these past two Art Tuesdays is preposterous.

Some of you act as if any decision that isn't one you would make is awful.

Seriously guys, just cause you're not excited about something, it doesn't mean you need to let everyone know that you're not. Let us be hype, and let the PMDT make their mod.

Last edited:

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
That's actually a enemy reference from EB.

The hoolahoop Shark gang enemy in onett I think
Oh, thanks. Still spooky though, :D
One of my gripes is the new Wolf recolor makes his fur grossly green. Wolf's regular green color gives him a very light brown color that I prefer to Wolf's standard fur color, can we see what he looks like with that color?
Funny, I was looking at Wolf's blue fur recolor, thinking "Why would they make him blue?!?!"
Then I remembered black Falco...and I was pretty okay with blue Wolf.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Oh, I love all of this stuff honestly, those armor recolors make me like the alt a lot more.
I'm just caught off guard is all, I kinda expected Lord Ike ever since they announced the alt engine.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Oh, I love all of this stuff honestly, those armor recolors make me like the alt a lot more.
I'm just caught off guard is all, I kinda expected Lord Ike ever since they announced the alt engine.
I wasn't referring to you.

Thank you for clearing up your opinion though!

MLGF

Smash Lord
...little complaint now...
Is it me, or do the blue boots on Ike's red Outfit stand out like crazy? I dunno, there's no other blue on the color so it's just really awkward. Hope that's fixed, it'll be my Ike alt of choice if it does.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Oh, thanks. Still spooky though, :D

Funny, I was looking at Wolf's blue fur recolor, thinking "Why would they make him blue?!?!"
Then I remembered black Falco...and I was pretty okay with blue Wolf.
Well Wolf is already a shade of gray.. Blue doesn't seem too far off for him.

Mentioning black Falco however, makes me think Blue Wolf would look ****ing badass with black fur. Make his vest more of a denim blue color, and that would be an amazing looking alt.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
No one has gotten the Purp Falcon reference yet...

It's not Melee. Think older.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
No one has gotten the Purp Falcon reference yet...

It's not Melee. Think older.
Smash 64?
Great recolor btw. The belt buckle is a nice touch.
The amount of negativity from people these past two Art Tuesdays is preposterous.

Seriously guys, just cause you're not excited about something, it doesn't mean you need to let everyone know that you're not. Let us be hype, and let the PMDT make their mod.
There is nothing wrong with criticism, get real.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I'm kinda disappointed with armored Ike recolors. This means that he won't get any costumes that are actually his. Just a somewhat cosplay. Sm4sh Ike was a pretty popular suggestion too.

I like the Ness costume though.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm kinda disappointed with armored Ike recolors. This means that he won't get any costumes that are actually his. Just a somewhat cosplay. Sm4sh Ike was a pretty popular suggestion too.

I like the Ness costume though.
Sm4sh Ike was just Ike's Hero costume from Radiant Dawn, it was a good suggestion too.
I really like the Ness costume too. I didn't think there was a good enemy based costume for him in his game.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Just keep in mind guys that the PMDT is being very cautious about Smash 4 related items and it's doubtful they want to copy anything from that game, at least overtly, to avoid pissing off the wrong people.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Yaay purple Melee Ganon and Classic Wolf recolors!!

Finally, I like the Armored Ike recolors, but why add them? There was so many different Ike skins that could've been used..
Oh well. I guess I could always just add Lord, Hero, and Vanguard Ikes into the game as mods.
Work load.
We have other alts to focus on, and we don't have time to give every character multiple alts. That, and making one alternate costume takes weeks to do, while recolors takes only hours.

If every character got more than one alt, then we would be working on these for years. Its been 1.5 years since we started making alts, and we still haven't made one for every character. Hell, its been almost a year since the Samus alts were started, and the last one just got finished last week. Almost a year for 3 costumes.

We can't satisfy everyone's wants for a costume. But we will do what we think is best for the project, and that will satisfy as many people as possible.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Work load.
We have other alts to focus on, and we don't have time to give every character multiple alts. That, and making one alternate costume takes weeks to do, while recolors takes only hours.

If every character got more than one alt, then we would be working on these for years. Its been 1.5 years since we started making alts, and we still haven't made one for every character. Hell, its been almost a year since the Samus alts were started, and the last one just got finished last week. Almost a year for 3 costumes.

We can't satisfy everyone's wants for a costume. But we will do what we think is best for the project, and that will satisfy as many people as possible.
That's a fair reason to not have new costumes, I'm fine with these costumes in that case. Is there a possibility that we'll see the costumes we want to see alongside these recolors in the far off future?
Probably not, if PM moves on to Smash 4 I suppose.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I knew it was 64 Falcon, that's the game where I specifically remember CF being purple, the shades of yellow and orange are close to 64 as well.
Work load.

This, it's just like how most modelers don't make too many things at once. (I did, and I kind of burnt out.) Recolors for people to use are a far better option then just leaving the slots empty.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64

WELL I LIKED BOTH OF THEM

RAINBOWS AND CANDY
COLORS AND SHINY CRAP
POSITIVITY

And I'm really not being sarcastic either <3

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
BLACK KNIGHT ARMOURED IKE? YOU GUYS LISTENED :)
Also purple melee Ganon is awesome as well.
Thank you.

Now for some recommendations. I think I'll have to agree with MLGF. The blue shoes on the red armoured Ike kinda displease me. Because the costume seems to be going for a Zelgius inspired colour palette. Zelgius has all red armour from head to toe so I don't get the design choice to make the shoes blue. I reccomend making them red to match.
Besides that, these are looking great! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Honestly, I just wanted a Lord Ike palette swap of the normal costume, I mean who needs the giant shoulder pad?
Still, I'll take what you guys served, it looks good. Plus... the only thing that could be cut is "Black Knight" Ike and that's freaking awesome.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Work load.

I would have been fine waiting until the next update, honestly. Also, what made you decide to give Samus/ZSS so many alts over other characters?

Malion

Smash Ace
I'm liking all the recolours, but where is hot pink fabulous armoured ike? *shot*

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Smash 64 Cpt. Falcon? Wow! I always liked that color scheme the best, so its nice to see it back. Also, love the Wolf and Ness recolors. They're both really cool, especially Ness. Its hard for me to be hyped about Ike since I don't play Fire Emblem, but those look great, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom