• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
Guys, what about that art?
Honestly, I really disliked the new CF running, mostly because of his fists being balled. I've always found it hard to sprint with your fists balled.
@SiLeNtDo0m, has the animation been changed it the fists being open again, or was it just a consideration thing?

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
You're correct.
A more Black Knight-esque recolor of Armored Ike would be cool tho
Holy ****...I just noticed it is the Alondite. Even if we don't get an official Black Knight armour, I'll recolour the Hector armour Black Knight inspired and post it on Brawl Vault.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd love to discuss the sort of movies 12 year olds are watching nowadays, so as to appease the almighty Alakadoof (praise be his name), we might want to get back on topic. So what is the general consensus on that backhand? Looks like it'll feel meaty great to land, but if it really is a replacement for the Warlock Punch it must be a lot weaker because of how much shorter the animation is now (unless that's just him releasing the punch, in which case I lose the interwebs). I'd say it was a new forward smash if I had to guess.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
my guess is it's his new f-smash.
the animation length seems about right and it also helps to further declone him from falcon

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd love to discuss the sort of movies 12 year olds are watching nowadays, so as to appease the almighty Alakadoof (praise be his name), we might want to get back on topic. So what is the general consensus on that backhand? Looks like it'll feel meaty great to land, but if it really is a replacement for the Warlock Punch it must be a lot weaker because of how much shorter the animation is now (unless that's just him releasing the punch, in which case I lose the interwebs). I'd say it was a new forward smash if I had to guess.
I almost want to say Fsmash along with Kaizo. In the All-Star Vs mode video, Ganondorf does his Warlock Punch and it seemed the same. They COULD have changed it after the fact, but I can't remember ever seeing him Forward smash in the video.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
For all the hype the backhand is getting, a mere FSmash animation change would be anti-climatic. Why keep that a secret?

My favorite theories are that it's a cancled Warlock Punch that leads to mindgames, or a new counter move entirely.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Didn't Dark Meta Knight break the first rule? DMK and MK are different characters, it's not like Shadow Peach that's just a possessed Peach.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Didn't Dark Meta Knight break the first rule? DMK and DK are different characters, it's not like Shadow Peach that's just a possessed Peach.
Yea but the identity is still the same. Everyone who sees him will recognize him as Metaknight.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I think every rule has an exception. Look at SSB4: Alph and Koopalings. Yes, they change the identity, but it's reasonable. Or Ocarina of Time Link and Twilight Princess Link. The cases in which I think this is a bad idea is when you put Ephraim, Lyn, Sothe, Eirika and every other character that has a weapon in Fire Emblem as Marth's alt costumes.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I guess it's okay then.

Anyway, I wonder what will be the next costume for Bowser. Once I get P:M (PAL user duh) I'll probably main him with the Dry Bowser costume, but if they manage to make an even better costume then IDK.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I like the new Falcon run.

It's the PMDT's decision ultimately. Like it was nice of Silent Doom to accommodate for the popular opinion, but they're the mod makers.

I liked the clenched fist. Ah well.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Hey if they are reworking animations, do you think they will rework the screen KOs? The brawl ones are just lame.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I think their intention from now onwards is to visually distinguish Project M from Brawl. So yes, maybe screen KOs are in their minds.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I doubt it. How could you change the screen KO animations without copying the SSB4's ones?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Sooo.....

Not sure if anyone has suggested this before but, i found a beta design Roy:

Imo, i even prefer this look than his default one, it's more "unique", well, except for the crazy hair.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Now all we need are animations for Captain Falcon's F-Smash, U-Smash, and Up-B.
From Smash 64.

Also an important question I wanna know is why doesn't Link have his Navi taunt anymore?

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
I kinda want to see a new character select screen. It's so.... plain. So is the stage select screen. I want to see both with more colors, more stylish looks, and brighter looks.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Melee, they could take more from Melee then from Smash Wii U. Melee's KO's always seemed very decisive to me, especially when it's the final one.
GAME!, then everything just freezes...
Oh my God, yeah, totally forgot Melee had them. They indeed looked better in Melee than in Brawl. The screen bounce felt more powerful.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Oh my God, yeah, totally forgot Melee had them. They indeed looked better in Melee than in Brawl. The screen bounce felt more powerful.
Yea! Characters actually rebounded on the screen Instead of just bumping off the screen.
Comparison

I think it would be a great animation change if possible.

Last edited:

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
Didn't they remove those screen KOs for the sake of doubles
They removed them for a reason, I thought it had to do with the time it took for the character to KO, but I'm not sure.
It makes much more sense if it was removed for doubles.
Also, what does HBD mean?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom