• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Do you have permission from a parent or guardian to be here?

If not, run over and get permission with a photo of them holding a sign that reads, "He is allowed on Smashboards."

We're waiting.
Says the Comeback Kid. I see the game you're playing, I'm onto you.

In all seriousness though, Psykid is correct in warning that this topic is going off track.

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Do you have permission from a parent or guardian to be here?

If not, run over and get permission with a photo of them holding a sign that reads, "He is allowed on Smashboards."

We're waiting.
Well it's my very secret magical clever account to NOT to show everyone! I am a good users!

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Here's an interesting costume suggestion: Classic Donkey Kong from Game Boy Donkey Kong.

It's part of DK's history, isn't it (but keep the modern necktie)?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
SO ANYWAY, I'd like to see some other animations changed.

I might like alterations to Falco's dair. The spinning animation is classic and cool, but it doesn't really fit the amount of power you're rewarded with when you nail that shizz on the edge.

It's also a really long animation, hence the move's awful end lag, so I don't know what else would look good in that interval.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Here's an interesting costume suggestion: Classic Donkey Kong from Game Boy Donkey Kong.

It's part of DK's history, isn't it (but keep the modern necktie)?
It's not a bad idea. At first I was thinking it would look the same, but Classic Pit got some good treatment to make him look retro, so I could see it working out.

Vashimus

Smash Master
For a second I thought the title said "The King of the Backhand."

Thought some character got a pimp costume and got excited.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
SO ANYWAY, I'd like to see some other animations changed.

I might like alterations to Falco's dair. The spinning animation is classic and cool, but it doesn't really fit the amount of power you're rewarded with when you nail that shizz on the edge.

It's also a really long animation, hence the move's awful end lag, so I don't know what else would look good in that interval.
Falco's dair needs to not be braindead

Give dat garbage some start up time or something, seriously it's the only spike that is instant and lasts the entire damn move

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Falco's dair needs to not be braindead

Give dat garbage some start up time or something, seriously it's the only spike that is instant and lasts the entire damn move
Falco's dair is fine. It's like his signature thing. The spike lasts so long because you almost have to spike while on the edge. Trying to do so off stage is very risky because the move's end lag paired with Falco's fast fall makes you prone to SD's. So it makes sense that the spike would be a longer one, and the speed allows for precise timing.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Happy Birthday alt Costume Thread! :D
Debating Alts and getting looks into new ones with speculation as to what we get sure is fun! I really hope this discussion continues for a while.

Last edited:

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
It's Costumes thread's Birthday!!! Happy Birthday!! :D
Man! I don't have project M, because I don't have a card... dang!
I should ask my dad to buy the card because my older brother name Michael! He is 17! He love to play as mewtwo!
My brother name Timmy and he is 15! He love Samus with fusion costumes! Thank you guys for Making Fusion costumes!!! I love alternate Costumes!!! Thank you all of you guys! ;3

themaziest

Smash Cadet
Have you already discussed potential costumes for Diddy in this thread? I have no idea of what they could bring to the table for him.

... OR ...

1. Diddy Kong is a monkey.
2. Monkeys love to mimic.
3. Diddy Kong is a rapper.
4. Rappers love bling-bling and thus crocodile skin.

Yeah I think a Kremling Cosplay could be great. Ice Climbers have collaborated with bears in PM ; Diddy could do the same with his kritter bitter friends. Your thoughts ? That's not kreepy.

(and don't forget the blunderbuss instead of the peanut popgun :awesome:)

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Have you already discussed potential costumes for Diddy in this thread? I have no idea of what they could bring to the table for him.

... OR ...

1. Diddy Kong is a monkey.
2. Monkeys love to mimic.
3. Diddy Kong is a rapper.
4. Rappers love bling-bling and thus crocodile skin.

Yeah I think a Kremling Cosplay could be great. Ice Climbers have collaborated with bears in PM ; Diddy could do the same with his kritter bitter friends. Your thoughts ? That's not kreepy.

(and don't forget the blunderbuss instead of the peanut popgun :awesome:)
I just want to see the Diddy costume from that New 3DS commercial.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Since we're talking about animations, I feel like Bowser needs a new running animation. The way he runs now makes no sense.

Also for Fusion Suit Samus I feel like Missiles based off Metroid Fusion's missile sprites should be modeled and added to the game.

Since Fusion was the first Metroid game to introduce the Ice Missile concept, it's only fair to reference the missile's origins with the suit.

Here's the sprites from the game.

Huffy

Smash Cadet
Since we're talking about animations, I feel like Bowser needs a new running animation. The way he runs now makes no sense.

Also for Fusion Suit Samus I feel like Missiles based off Metroid Fusion's missile sprites should be modeled and added to the game.

Since Fusion was the first Metroid game to introduce the Ice Missile concept, it's only fair to reference the missile's origins with the suit.

Huh, I didn't know there was a weird purpe cowboy Tails in that game...

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace

A normal running animation wouldn't really work for the always crouched over Bowser. They'd probably have to mess with his skeleton which wouldn't really be worth the effort. Other animations would also probably need tweaking. Correct me if I'm wrong.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
ザッツはとてもよく似合う!
あなたは本当にそれが日本語で記述する必要がありましたか?私はGoogle翻訳用の新しいタブを開く必要はありませんでした場合は読み非常に簡単にしてきたと思います...

steelguttey

mei is bei
また、あなたが何をしているか、個人情報を追加を停止

EDIT: that comes out so weird if you translate it again wtf

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
あなたと同じ理由:私が持っていた男から不必要に読みにくい記事へのうぬぼれの強い応答を与えたいと思ったので、すでに前に私をムッ。振り返ってみると、おそらく最大のアイデアは、インターネットフォーラムに行う。私は何を開始することを意味するものではありませんでしたので、私は謝罪します。

No, seriously though, same reason as you: because I wanted to give a smart-aleck response to an unnecessarily hard-to-read post from a guy who had already ticked me off before. In retrospect, probably not the greatest idea to do on an internet forum. I didn't mean to start anything, so I apologize.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If only we had a Mecha Bowser costume, then the dash animation would make perfect sense! If Dry Bones Bowser counts, then robotciized Bowser should too.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
If we only we had a Mecha Bowser costume, then the dash animation would make perfect sense! If Dry Bones Bowser counts, then robotciized Bowser should too.
Well, Dry Bowser was, and technically still is, a form of Bowser. He has largely been made into his own character for continuity purposes, to the point that he is referred to as "a close family friend" by Bowser in Mario Party: Island Tour. But, that doesn't change the fact that he was originally conceived as a form of Bowser, and technically still is, so it doesn't cross the boundaries.
Mecha Bowser is a totally different character. He was conceived as his own character, and has a totally different appearance. He was never a form of Bowser, as you seem to imply: he is his own character that is totally separate from Bowser. His mechanical nature also means it would look very unnatural with Bowser's organic movements. His dash looks mechanical and could fit Mecha Bowser, but most everything else is rather organic and would look strange on Mecha Bowser, seeing as he is a robot.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Well, Dry Bowser was, and technically still is, a form of Bowser. He has largely been made into his own character for continuity purposes, to the point that he is referred to as "a close family friend" by Bowser in Mario Party: Island Tour. But, that doesn't change the fact that he was originally conceived as a form of Bowser, and technically still is, so it doesn't cross the boundaries.
Mecha Bowser is a totally different character. He was conceived as his own character, and has a totally different appearance. He was never a form of Bowser, as you seem to imply: he is his own character that is totally separate from Bowser. His mechanical nature also means it would look very unnatural with Bowser's organic movements. His dash looks mechanical and could fit Mecha Bowser, but most everything else is rather organic and would look strange on Mecha Bowser, seeing as he is a robot.
Mecha Bowser breaks the rules just as much as OOT Link and Big Boss IMO. Though I'm not with the PMBR, so my opinion is moot.

KunchieMunchie

Smash Cadet
I would suggest ice suit and flying suit color schemes for Peach. The Blue Scarf Link, and soldier outfit from hyrule warriors, Ganondorf with long hair (also hyrule warriors), and Tanuki Mario. Also, PED suit Samus and maybe an alt for the ghost ness, or the ness in shin f.'s profile picture. And Sonic riders sonic. Catbugasaur(like my current profile pic) for ivysaur would be nice.(I know a lot of these have already been suggested).
I VOTE FOR MELEE DRESS PEACH!!!

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I would suggest ice suit and flying suit color schemes for Peach. The Blue Scarf Link, and soldier outfit from hyrule warriors, Ganondorf with long hair (also hyrule warriors), and Tanuki Mario. Also, PED suit Samus and maybe an alt for the ghost ness, or the ness in shin f.'s profile picture. And Sonic riders sonic. Catbugasaur(like my current profile pic) for ivysaur would be nice.(I know a lot of these have already been suggested).
I VOTE FOR MELEE DRESS PEACH!!!
Shin F's "Ness" is actually Ninten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom