• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I really like his Warlock Punch animation, ohh this is so exciting.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
I think Ganon's new animation is for a move that can be activated before his ''charge'' animation finishes, like a cancel attack of sorts.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
If the animations are gonna be redone, does that mean Fox's dair and Falco's dair will be redone as well? They both have the same animation, but their properties are very different. The animation also doesn't look so hard-hitting as to resemble a spike, either, so it looks strange considering Falco's dair's properties. It fits Fox's dair's multi-hit nature better to me, so one would only need to touch up Falco's.

Just posting this as an idea to consider if the PMDT animators are interested.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
You guys are playing with fire by messing with Falcon's run animation.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Since we're talking animations, please consider putting in Ness's new SSB4 fsmash animation where he puts his bat away in his backpack, because it looks boss.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Can we expect more animation changes apart from these ones?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I love the titles of the gifs in the URLs.
Charizards new forward animtion : EnergeticEarnestBluetonguelizard
Pit's new Up-B : JauntyHideousDouglasfirbarkbeetle
Ganon U tilt : HeftyDizzyDuiker
Ganon New "Warlock Punch" : BitterIncompatibleCopperbutterfly
Falcon Running comparison : DependentTartCowbird
Falcon New run animation : CheapFlawlessAcornbarnacle
Ganon Back air : EqualCookedDachshund
Roy old taunts: UnawareAltruisticCollardlizard
DecimalVerifiableAnhinga
Roy New Taunts : AssuredAdoredAidi
GenerousAggressiveDog

Last edited:

themaziest

Smash Cadet
It was worth the wait !

Hmmm... if I had to guess, I would say that the backfist is Ganondorf's new F-Smash ; and that he has a new move instead of Warlock Punch in PM 3.5 (it's more hope actually).

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to feel about Roy's new taunts.
On the positive hand, the slight shake could be his righteous rage, trembling beneath the surface.
On the negative hand, it almost looks like he's scared by shaking so much.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
not too sure what to think about it, at first glance it doesn't look to be as appealing as the old animation. Almost looks like something out of kingdom hearth. idk, i'll reserve judgement until i see it in-game

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Idunno, I kinda like his new ones. They remind me of how Batmans run animations in the Arkham series, those being based off how he ran in his comic book days.

Brings up another good reason why my friend calls Captain Falcon the Japanese Batman.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I'm down with the new run animation. Leaner/sleeker and more aggressive, the hunch is gone, it's more Falcon-esque. Only quibble (and a very minor one at that) is that I would've left his hands open.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I don't know how to feel about Roy's new taunts.
On the positive hand, the slight shake could be his righteous rage, trembling beneath the surface.
On the negative hand, it almost looks like he's scared by shaking so much.
I think the shaking is there because they're gonna add the charging effect from Roy's newtral-B to the taunts; because right now those taunts after they're done make his sword swinging effects.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
O_O. Ganondorf's new Backfist animation is amazing. I like it 'cause, to me, it looks like Melee's Warlock Punch, which makes it awesome. Also, Gez_ said that "people are gonna lose their sh*t" when they find out the reason behind the new Backfist, or something along those lines. Maybe, they're making Warlock Punch chargeable? I would die if that happened. Or maybe they're speeding it up? That would be really cool, too. I see a new neutral special on the horizon if this is a new forward smash, like some people say, and it is suspicious they didn't come out and say "New Warlock Punch Animation" like everyone else's...
Time to go to the Thinking Chair.

Exodo

Smash Ace
betting my nonexistent bitcoin that Ganons new Warlock Punch Animation makes a tri force appear infront of the hand

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm down with the new run animation. Leaner/sleeker and more aggressive, the hunch is gone, it's more Falcon-esque. Only quibble (and a very minor one at that) is that I would've left his hands open.
Nah, completely disagree. It's very unlike Falcon in my eyes. It's not a bad animation, but I found the old one much more appealing and iconic to him.

And I miss the open hands. :<

All of the other ones are good, though. I kinda prefer Roy's old taunts since they had more of a calm and confident feel about them, but I can see how they're trying to give more of a hot-blooded and pumped up feel with the new ones cause Roy has t3h ph1r3.

Exodo

Smash Ace
Nah, completely disagree. It's very unlike Falcon in my eyes. It's not a bad animation, but I found the old one much more appealing and iconic to him.

And I miss the open hands. :<

All of the other ones are good, though. I kinda prefer Roy's old taunts since they had more of a calm and confident feel about them, but I can see how they're trying to give more of a hot-blooded and pumped up feel with the new ones cause Roy has t3h ph1r3.
the new ones are better tho

Rᴏb

The new Falcon run animation is just too cartoony. There was nothing wrong with the old animation to warrant a change.
Don't fix what aint broke

Can't wait to see some of the other animations though. I hope they spruce up G&W's like Smash 4 did.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
falcons new running looks more fluid and less robotic, then again, he's an over the top character and his old run made me think he was a human racecar. Very fitting .But oh well. Its nice to finally see his new alt in motion too, the colors are way better than his standard in my opinion. Same with Ganon. As much as I like his TP design, that shiny jet black on his boots and shoulders in OoT are more iconic to me.

Is it bad that I prefer Roy's old taunt animations to his new ones?
what you don't like Parkinson's Roy?

Rᴏb

Cognitive dissonance eh.
How is that cognitive dissonance? lmao
Cognitive dissonance is when your beliefs contradict each other. How does me thinking G&W's 2 frame running/walking animation should be spruced up contradict my opinion that Falcon's didn't need to be?

Last edited:

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
I think the shaking is there because they're gonna add the charging effect from Roy's newtral-B to the taunts; because right now those taunts after they're done make his sword swinging effects.
If that's the case, that would make the AWESOME. I hope they add the slight shake to his Flare Blade, but that would be a very slight animation change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom